main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Tagged~ A Long Handmaiden Fanfic - Prelude in the Archive

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HandmaidenEirtae, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melne_Crtor

Melne_Crtor Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2000
    I posted before princess-sari! I posted before anyone! *dances in random geometric patterns*

I like the detail of this post. As one who cannot write battles/simulations, I offer congratulations. Very cool!

2. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    :eek: AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :eek:

*Gasp*...*Choke*......*Cough*....*Hack*...

I wasn't the first to reply....Melné...beat..me...I..I...can't...go.....on.......

J/K!! ;)
    I'm okay with it (I think). I'll just have to start living at my computer desk so that it never happens again. I bet I can talk someone into bringing all my meals to me here...and who needs a job, or even a life for that matter? Although it's too bad I don't have a more comfortable chair...and, uh, using the ladies room might be a problem...

:p

That was a cool post, Eirtaé! I think you wrote the action well and I loved the idea of the training course modelled after a Nabooan city!
    I'm no good at writing action, either, though I'm working on it, so I was impressed! :D

3. jedi-thespian

jedi-thespian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2001
    ::sits here listening to Carman while reading, nodds appreciatively at post::

Loved it! It was wonderful! Well...a least Sabe did average. Go Sache!!! Feel sorry for the other three, how embarrassing... [face_blush]

Post more soon! :D

4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    FAB-U-LOUS! Even though Sache was the one with the training, the others didn't back down! Yay, HMs!

I love that Sache is ready to "bond" with the others. Hm, can I request the "team shopping trip/makeover" scenario?

More, more, more!

5. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    Thanks, everyone!

Page four!!! :::spins around in her swivel chair.:::

Um, anyway....

It's going to be a while b4 I can post again...but I am working on a scene. I had an idea, and Mistress Renata's request for a makeover/shopping scene helped me out.

In a few days...
    eIRTAE

6. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    Ok, I finally got this worked out. Please note, I was never very good at the game that they play, so if it ends up sounding corny...oh well.
    Hey, anyone reading Jedi Jae's Episode Two notice that she acts out her action scenes with her son before she writes them. That's cool; I think I should try that with my kids.
    This is a long post, but since I haven't posted in a few days and probably won't, I'll let you have it all at once. ;)
    I'm trying to work my way to the invasion. There should be just a few more posts before it.
    Anyway, I hope you like this...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rain cascaded from the skies making the room- and the handmaidens? moods- gloomy. Sabé stared out at the sheets of rain and the occassional flash of lightning- it wasn?t like there was anything better to do. Rabé was in the Queen?s apartments, helping Amidala undo her hair and get ready for bed. Saché was lying on her bed, her feet dangling off the side, a datapadd a few inches above her face.

Sabé leaned her forehead against the cool glass pane. It had been four months since she had got chosen for the handmaiden position, and the girls were more of a family now than just friends. Well, most of them. Sabé and Eirtaé had their minor...disaggrements ever once in a while, but for the most part, they were on good terms.

?I hate weather like this,? Saché said suddenly. Sabé turned. The other girl still lay on her bed, her eyes scanning the datapadd. For a moment, Sabé wondered if she had imagined her voice.

?It was a day like this that we...found...Diiran Raxt,? Saché continued.

Sabé was about to reply when the door slid open and Eirtaé and Yané burst into the room. They had huge smiles on their faces, and they seemed a little breathless. Their brown hooded claoks were soaked, and their hair was plastered to their heads. Whever they stepped, they left small puddles of rain water.

?Isn?t it just wonderful outside?? Eirtaé gasped.

Saché and Sabé stared in disbelief at the other two girls. Eirtaé and Yané both had large bags, which they promptly dumped on their beds.

?Did you bring home the whole market place, Eirtaé?? Sabé asked.

Eirtaé flashed her a smile as she took off her cloak and grabbed a towel to dry her hair with. ?No, but just wait ?til you see what we got. We?re going to have a blast tonight.?

Saché had set her datapadd down and was looking curiously at the bulging bags. Eirtaé had disappeared into the ?fresher, and Yané was pulling dry clothes out of her closet. The door slide open again, and Sabé turned to it, half expecting to see some of the Palace guards come in with more of Eirtaé and Yané?s purchases. Instead she saw Rabé, who was looking at little tired walk in.

?The Queen?s all ready for bed,? she announced as she fell onto her bed. ?Ciavé is going to stay with her tonight.?

?Wonderful,? Eirtaé said as she came out of the refresher, now in her pyjamas and her wet hair neatly pinned up. ?I was hoping none of us would have to be on watch tonight.?

Eirtaé smiled mysteriously, and Yané giggled as she headed for the ?fresher. Rabé looked to Sabé, who just shrugged.

Eirtaé told the other handmaidens to get into their pyjamas while she started to pull things out of the bags. Yané left for a moment- pulling a dark blue cape over her pyjamas first- and returned with large bowls and glasses. Then they sent the other girls out into the lounge while they got things ready.

After half and hour, Eirtaé and Yané came into the lounge, bringing a bag with them. Yané began to set out the contents of the bag on the lounge table while Eirtaé caught the other girls? attention.

?It seems to me,? she said, ?that we?re always working. And while it?s fun, being a handmaiden doesn?t give you all that much personal time. Yané and I thought, as we were out today, that we should do something together tonight, something fun. So we picked up a few things and decided to make this a handmaidens? night, our time to

7. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Aha!!!! I'm the first one to reply this time!!! Wonderful post, Eirtaé!!! It was sooo cool!!! YAY! :D

8. Melne_Crtor

Melne_Crtor Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2000
    Oh, well, I still get to beat princess-sari :p! Anyhoo, very cool scene. How can one not love truth or dare (especially the day after a party)?

9. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Okay, I can't see hangovers from fountain seltzer, but I can't imagine they're going to be awake! :) That was so cute!

10. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    WAAAHHHHH!!!! I'm not first!!! :_|
    But then, I had company over the weekend and haven't been on the boards for more than two minutes a day for the last three days. Now I have to get all caught up with all the stories I'm reading. Whew! [face_tired]

That was a great post, Eirtaé! I can't say I ever liked playing truth or dare, but that' probably because I'm quiet, cautious, and I like my privacy. :p Reading about truth or dare, the handmaiden version was a lot of fun, though. :D

11. Angel_of_Naboo

Aug 18, 2000
  12. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    Thank you all so much!
    Whew! I've been sooo busy lately, I hardly have time to write! But I'm planning a short Sabe-training post, then am going to launch into the posts that lead up to the invasion.

Eirtae

Pray for the country America

13. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001

?I?m nervous.?

Rabé stared at Sabé?s reflection in the mirror. The handmaiden was looking down at her white painted fingernails.

?Sabé Baun,? Rabé said as she gathered dark brown tresses and started to weave an eloborate hairstyle. ?You are the bravest person I know. A little thing like this can?t make you nervous.?

Sabé started to play with the sleeve of the deep blue dress. ?But...trying to do what Pamdé does, trying to be Padmé... What if I make a mistake? What if someone can tell that I?m not really the Queen??

?Sabé,? the other girl aid firmly, ?when you are wearing the dresses, when your face is painted, you are the Queen. You have the power; you have the responsibility.?

?What if I fail?? murmured Sabé.

Rabé laughed lightly. ?Fail at what? Telling Alfed to introduce the first order of business? Court is not a that important.? She grew solemn. ?But, seriously, Sabé, you won?t. I have confidence in you. Padmé has confidence in you. Panaka has confidence in you- and that?s saying something. You?ve been trained for this for months. I?ve been through some of it with you, so I know how ready you are. Besides, Padmé and Panaka wouldn?t let you do this if you weren?t ready.?

Sabé nodded glumly.

?Hey,? Rabé said. ?C?mon, it?s just Court. All you have to do is sit there and listen.?

Rabé finished her hair in silence, then started on the makeup. Eirtaé and Padmé came in halfway through the process, and Rabé relinquished the makeup brushes to go get changed. She reappeared just as Sabé was getting up from her seat. Rabé was wearing a dress identical to Eirtae?s and Padmé?s, a simple, cream-colored outfit with a matching shawl to cover their faces.

Padmé smiled encouragingly. ?Ready, Your Highness??

?Yes, Handmaiden,? replied Sabé, using the regfal tone she had been taught to use.

The four girls exited the Queen?s quarters and started down the corridor. Rabé lead the procession with Sabé directly behind her and the other two trailing behind. As they passed, servants and Palace guards bowed and hastily muttered their respects before moving out of the way.

Heralds announced the arrival of Queen Amidala, and the court stood at attention as she and her handmaidens entered. Padmé was whispering a few last intructions to Sabé.

?Just listne, mostly, let them talk themselves out.? She smiled. ?Your father would be proud to see you sit on the throne, Your Highness.?

Sabé moved slowly to the large chair and took her seat, and the feeling took her breath away. She was the Queen now, and the power and responsibiliy wieghed heavily on her shoulders.

?Court is now in session,? she said clearly, and her handmaidens and other officals took their seats. Sabé swept her eyes over the room quickly. The Court officals sat on either side of her, the chairs making a sweeping semicircle facing the front of the room. At the front, in a crowded cluster, stood citizens who had something the wanted to bring before the throne. Captain Panakan stood in the shadows towards her right, leaning against the wall and looking grimer than normal.

?What is the first order of business, Alfed?? she asked, looking at the primly dressed elderly man.

Alfed cleared his throat importantly and glanced down his nose at a datapadd. ?Lord Wilohen requests an audience with Your Highness to present a gift.?

Sabé nodded for Lord Wilohen to come forward, the guester finding her surprise. Wilohen was Rabé?s surname, so this must be her father...

Wilohen stepped forward, two men also came to stand behind hims, lugging a large, rolled-up tapestry. At least, that was what Sabé thought it was, from the width and height of the material.

?Your Excellencey,? Wilohen began, ?I bring to you a gift from my family, a tapestry woven for you be my very own daughter. She has been working on it since before your election, and had always planned to give it to you.?

He shuffled off to the side whi

14. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!

I got here first!!!!!!!!Mwahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SHALL ALL KNEEL BEFORE MY POWER!!!!!

okay, HMEirtae, I really love your story. You have a very good sense of storytelling and nice little intervetions into the HM's lives at the palace. I really, really think you are a good writer.

I think you got the HM personalities down good. My interpretaion of them is different, but I like yours a lot too.

~Obischick

15. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Well, after spending the week glued to the TV for the latest news on Tuesday's tragedies, I finally can make myself concentrate on stories again.

Great post, Eirtaé! I like how you showed Sabé's fear changing to a growing sense of confidence in her abilities. The detail about Rabé's tapestry was cool, too.
    Looking forward to more!

16. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    It's wonderful! I can't wait for the HMs to have a chance to be "backstage" again, so they can all tell Rabe how talented she is!

Well done! We need something cheerful to read for a change...

17. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Just thought I'd up this in the hopes that Eirtaé is going to post more soon. :)

18. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Good idea Princess Sari!! I shall join you!!

HM Eirtae, WHERE ARE YOU?????

please post soon, please!!!

~Obischick

19. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    So sorry, guys! Thank you so much for upping this! I cannot tell you how little time I have to write- it's depressing. But I have the next post ready, even though it's short. It'll help set up the posts that set up the Invasion posts. Wow, it seems that it's taken forever to just get to the Invasion- and I'm still not there yet! ANYWAY...

?Noooo!?

The room got silent as everyone gace Eirtae strange looks.

?Chill out, girl,? Rabé said as she continued to undo Sabé?s hair. ?It?s only a ball.?

?But my mother is coming!? the blonde girl wailed.

Padmé nodded from where she was perched on the back of a chair, swinging her legs. ?Yes, I thought it would be nice if all your parents were invited to attend.?

?I, for one, will be happy to see my parents,? said Rabé.

?But you don?t understand,? Eirtaé continued to moan. ?I was going to go with Ched. My mother being there will totally ruin everything!?

?Don?t worry,? Padmé said. ?I?ve also asked them not to communicate with you five, as it would hinder you in your job.?

?My mother doesn?t need words to communicate,? said Eirtaé.

Sabé?s hair came tumbling down, and she shook her curls, sighing with relief. ?Look at it this way, Eirtaé,? she said. ?At least it gives you another chance to go shopping.?

Eirtaé suddenly brightened.

?Saché, I was going to have Palace staff invite your aunt and uncle,? Padmé said. ?Would that work out well??

?Ahh,? Saché said. ?They?re away right now. Off-planet.?

?That?s unforutnate.?

?I?ll be on duty then it you?d like,? Saché added.

Padmé nodded. Eirtaé grabbed Sabé?s arm and pulled her into the handmaidens? quarters, talking non-stop about the best formal gown boutiques and what color would look good on the other girl, and Rabé and Sabé followed them out. Yané walked hesitantly to Padmé.

?Your Highness,? she began. ?I was wondering-

?We?ve already taken your condition into account,? Padmé assured her. ?We thought it would be wise to just invite your mother.?

Grateful, Yané nodded and hurried after the other girls.

Eirtae

20. Angel_of_Naboo

Aug 18, 2000
    Great posts! I wish I could see the tapestry!

21. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    ?My mother doesn?t need words to communicate,? said Eirtaé.

What mother does, lol? :p

I'm really glad that they didn't invite Yané's dad. [face_relieved]

Great post, Eirtaé!!
    And don't worry about not being able to write or post a lot. We all understand what it's like to be busy. :)

22. jaina_fan

jaina_fan Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2001
    I need MORE!!!!!!
    I love this story!

23. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    I've been catching up with other stories, and I must say this is a very nice one. :)

When someone archives this, you'll have to pick a really whiz bang title. I suppose you have some ideas already? :)

24. jaina_fan

jaina_fan Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2001
  25. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Up Damn it!! UP!!

*starts sobbing* why won't you write more???

*sob sob sob*

HA HA !!

~Obischick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.