main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'TAGGED' Authors - UPDATE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JM-Anakin-Solo, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Tag me Baby!!

2. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Don't add me to the list just yet, but could you send me the tags and the instructions for them?

3. JM-Anakin-Solo

JM-Anakin-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    I've got a new version of the EXE that should be up today. It removes the updating problem that is had on XP and it fixes the problem of not being able to see the buttons... plus it sports an easier interface. :D

I'll post again when it is updated.

4. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Tagged has been updated. If you have the older version simply launch the program and select the Update menu then Search for Updates. The program will ask you if you want to download the update, click yes. There is no program bar for the download yet, that will be in the next update, just know that if it says "Downloading..." in the lower left it is working. After it is done downloading it should work on its own but for some reason it crashes after the update. If this happens just restart the program and it should be the new version.

If you don't have the older version click the link above and download from the Columbia University FTP. Then update as described above.

This update improves the interface and simplifies operation will fixing some bugs reported in the old version.

- Matt

5. Booster-1986

Booster-1986 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2001
    Can I get in on the tagging, please? A quick question ... how does one download a tagged story?

Thanks

6. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Of course you can get in on the tagging. My program downloads all the stuff. You just open my program and navigate to the thread you want to archive or capture(if it is tagged) then it will do the rest. :D It's quite easy... there is a link a few posts up. Download it from the Columbia University link. Then do the update and you are all set. The old version works but not as well as the new one and the newer one has some more options while making the process easier.

I'll PM the tag instructions to you shortly and add you to the list of Tagged authors... be sure to send me links to your fics once they are Tagged properly. :D

7. UrbanJedi

UrbanJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    Please make a memeber of your group and tag me. Thank you.

8. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    JM, I've been trying to update the program and I keep getting a "runtime error 380 Invalid property value". It won't let me update. I also keep getting, whenever I set up the program, a message saying "An error occurred trying to create a program icon for Jedi Council Tagged!..etc". The folder for it in the Start Menu is empty, there is nothing in it. Help!

:)

Also, where does the downloaded Tagged file go? The only thing that comes up for me is a RealPlayer file(archive.xpl) that shows up in my program folder after attempting to archive a tagged thread and when I click on it I keep getting my Realplayer coming up--telling me I need to download something from realplayer and then saying it can't find what it needs, etc. This is the message I get: Currently Autoupdate has no file available to play your selection file://C:/Program Files/Tagged/<style type="text/css">"

EDIT:

I finally managed to open the file in WordPad(by changing the program association of the file type) and it looks like it copied ALL the posts not just the tagged story posts and it copied all the HTML code as well. And it only copied one page. Do you have to do it a page at a time? That's fine, but why is it picking up all the extraneous stuff, like comments between the story posts? I tried getting it to open in IE but it wouldn't, it just kept sending me back to the "Open With" menu

9. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    I had no idea that Real Player used *.xpl files... I thought I made up the extension... no matter I will fix that in an update.

Ok I will tell you how to fix all the problems... it sounds as if you are on XP because that is exactly what my XP laptop did when I first loaded Tagged. Ok the EXE file for some reason isn't placed in the Start menu where it should be... you will have to go to your program files directory and find the folder 'Project 1' open it and find Tagged.exe that is the program. You can make a shortcut to that and drag it into the Start menu folder if you like.

Ok the error you get when you try to update. If the program ran and you updated and then got error 380 that is good. That means the update was downloaded. On XP the program cannot access the Shell command the same way as on Win 98 so that is the source of the problem that is the error. What you need to do is go to the 'Project 1' directory and run Update.exe... once again you will get the same error 380... once again it is Shell. But the important part of the Update.exe will have done it's job and the Tagged.exe should be updated.

The 380 error is taken care of in the new update and I will soon post a revised Update.exe so that program doesn't give the 380 error either.

If the program is still not updated you can do a manual update. Goto: http://members.aol.com/newrepsoft/1004.exe and download that. Once it is downloaded put it in the 'Project 1' Directory and rename it as tagged.exe.

I believe that answers all of your questions. The only file you should ever have to click on is tagged.exe the others are used by the program. The *.xpl is just the temporary file to store data before it is parsed so there is no reason to open it. Well I hope that solves everything and I will be PMing this to you as well to make sure it finds you quickly. :D

- Matt

10. Shezan

Shezan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2001
    Hi! I've just started contributing, but I'd love to be a tagged author. So far my only story here is called "Hitchhiker" and is still a WIP. What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Yay! Mine works :)

I tagged my TPM Short story... Not a very good title, but that's it.

The link is in my signature. That's the only one I have tagged right now, because I mostly have round robins up.

12. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Shezan I'll go ahead and add you to the list. :D And when you start posting your stories you can use the tags in each post... I'll be PMing the instructions shortly. :)

JGC - I'm glad to hear that... I'll add your story to the list. :D

EDIT: I'm gonna go ahead and add all of you to my watched users list so I can PM you without having to click on your profiles.

13. Shezan

Shezan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2001
    Hi JM. I'm pretty clueless on this. I have no idea whether I have VB files, which probably means I don't. The two-step go-to-microsoft-then-hop-back-here sounds a bit technical for me. Have you posted your complete programe since you wrote this? I'd rather download a single exe file and let it do the work.

Oh, and once it's downloaded and installed, what shall I do with it to tag my story?

A gazillion thanks in advance

14. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hey, everyone. I tagged Into the Unknown, which took forever since it's seventy pages on the boards, and I'm working on the stories that came before it in the series.

15. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Shezan... yes it is completely uploaded now... there is a link at the top of the first page but I will repost it here: Tagged. Make sure after you install it you run the program and update it... the newest version is much better. :D

Melyanna... WOW! All I can say is WOW! 70 pages tagged? You get a Gold Star for that! :D And I am linking your story under your name.

16. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, I've tagged another - In the Wake of Glory.

Mel

EDIT: I can make actual links, really I can... ;)

17. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Thank you very much for making the link... that helps a lot. :D :D

18. Golden_One

Golden_One Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    This is a great idea JMAS! I want! Tag me! *ahem* May I be Tagged as well?

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
  20. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Golden_One consider yourself 'TAGGED' :D :D

Jedi Girl of Corellia your fic has been added. :D

21. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Oh, should we tag vignettes, too?

22. Mocha_Dooku

Mocha_Dooku Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2002
    You sure can. I tagged mine. It would be most beneficial to tag the ones in Alderaan Vignettes that I started because there will be many submissions. :D

...Mocha Power

23. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
  24. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    "Shut up Mocha!!! You're not running this show," JMAS shouts.

::sits on Mocha to silence him::

"Mocha Power," Mocha_Dooku shouts then is silenced as JMAS covers his mouth.

"Sorry about that folks," JMAS says still struggling with Mocha.

"Feel the power of caffeine," Mocha manages before having his mouth covered again.

"You'll have to excuse my sock. He has a mind of his own and likes to speak for me," JMAS explains.

:D :D

25. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    You can add me to the tagged author list, JM. I'll be working on figuring it out when I have the time. ;) You can PM me any info I need. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.