main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tahiri (SbS spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Knight1192, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Well, I jsut finished SbS tonight. And one thing struck me as fairly intresting. Tahiri talking to Anakin's body towards the end of the book. It's as if she expects him to answer back. This is something that folks who believe Anakin has not died could latch onto as proof. Ikirt said that the two were bound to do great things, and they both seem to have a link similar to Luke and Mara's. So it would seem to make sense that Tahiri might be able to sense something about the body that others could not.

However, there are arguements on the flip side of this scene. The first is that we have no idea what she's saying. Jaina looks over after the crash of the stolen Vong shuttle to find the girl, with an apparently broken arm, speaking with Anakin's body. And that's all we see of that.

The second is that Tahiri might not be ready to let Anakin go yet. Or else she's saying good by to him. Either way, shes talking to his body as if he were still alive, still with her. Because we don't get to see her face, we don't know if she's crying or trying to deny the fact that he's gone.

And the third is that the loss of Anakin, someone whom she deeply loves, and the crash may have been too much for the poor girl. She may have lost control of her senses (at least for a while). So in a moment of grief and temporary insanity, she not only deny's Anakin's loss, she believes that he is still with her and everything will be ok.

The fact is that we may not know until Dark Journey or another book just what was going through Tahiri's mind at that point.

2. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    It could just be grief. I mean have you ever gone to a cemetary people there talk to the headstones as if they expect the person burried below to answer. Sometimes it just helps to talk to them, even if they can't answer.

3. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    she could actually be talking to him. kinda like how in Kevin Andersons first trilogy, Jacen and Jaina were the only ones able to talk to Luke when he was "dead" or in a coma or whatever state he was in. maybe Tahiri can see him like that and the authors are makin it look like she's just talkin out of grief. It could be a possibility

4. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    It could be. But if I remember correctly, aside from the breathing, the older Jedi could sense his presence, they just couldn't tell where it was. Plus there was no sense that he'd died. The twins, Luke, and Leia have all sensed Anakin's passing. seems pretty clear that he's gone. Crystal may be right on the grieving thing.

5. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
  6. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    awesome wrestler. I just wish he spoke more English. Oh yeah and his girlfriend is smoking too.

7. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Maybe she WAS talking to him. Remember, Obi came back and talked to Luke fairly frequently in the OT, even though he WAS dead.

8. crystal417

Sep 20, 2000
    That is a possiblity.

9. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    But when Obi-Wan did it, Luke would have been seen, by those who couldn't see his spirit, as talking to thin air. It seems as if Tahiri is talking to Anakin's body, which makes little sense if she is conversing with his spirit.

10. crystal417

Sep 20, 2000
    Not really. I mean perhaps unsure if he could be seen by them he layed down on his body. He is a spirit so he could go through things ya know. :p

11. JimmySolo

JimmySolo Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2002
    Tahiri is my slut

12. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    somebody just got banned.

13. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Newbs, oh wait... I'm one of them...

14. Gotterdammerung

Gotterdammerung Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    *Cowers and hides* Fear the power of the admins...

15. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    No, don't fear them, think whatever you want about them, just don't say it on the boards.

16. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
  17. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I think maybe it was Tahiri's first stage of mourning...she was so wrapped up in him, she literally cannot believe what she sees, even though it's right in front of her. I actually felt very sympathetic and sad towards her when reading that scene. Reminds me of funerals I've been to, when the immediate family talks to the deceased...brings tears to my eyes for sure.

18. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Back to the topic at hand...

I'm not sure what to think about Tahiri and Anakin's body. I know he's dead, and yet... I don't know what to make of Ikrit's prophecy...

~*~Bria

19. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.