main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Takashimaya June 8th Look Alike Contest

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    From the other thread:

WIN EXCITING PRIZES
    1st: $200 Voucher + I-Cybie Worth $449.90
    2nd: $150 Voucher
    3rd: $100 Voucher
    7 Consolation Prizes

RULES & REGULATIONS

NO PURCHASE OR REGISTRATION FEE ARE REQUIRED.

This contest is open to all Singapore citizen and residents of Singapore except employees of Takashimaya Singapore Limited, hasbro Singapore Private Limited or any agents involved in the development and production of this contest.

Participants are to come in their own costumes and props.

There are 2 categories: Category A: age 5 to 11 Category B: age 12 and above.

Participants are to submit their entry forms online to sgmarketing@hasbro.com.hk or at Star Wars Counter at Takashimaya Atrium Level B2 between 25 May to 4 June 2002.

The event will be held at the Takashimaya Atrium Level B2 on 8th June 2002 between 6pm to 8pm. Due to potentially overwhelming response, only participants that are contacted by Hasbro personnel will be participating in this contest.

Failure to appear at designated times on event date for registration, participants conducting themselves in disorderly or unsportsmanlike manner will result in that participant's disqualification and forfeit of any earned prizes.

By participating, participants agree to be bounded by Official Rules and decisions of judges, which are final and binding in all respects and waive any right to claim ambiguity.

Each participant will be given 2 minutes to display his costume and props. Each session will commerce as per schedule.

There will be 3 winners and 7 consolation prizes in each category.

Selection criteria will be based on likeness and stage performance.

Hasbro and Takashimaya will not be liable to any losses, damages or injuries that arise before, during and after the contest.

The organizer reserves all rights to telecast, publish or display photographs of the contestants for advertising or publicity purposes.

Selection Criteria

Likeness: Maximun 60 points
    (Points will be awarded based on overall likeness and use of props)

Stage Performance: Maximun of 40
    (Points will be awarded based on creativity, background props and story-line)

Total: Maximun 100 point

PARTICULARS TO BE SENT IN:
    Name Of Participant:
    Name Of Guardian:
    Sex:
    Address:
    Contact No.:
    Character to be Portrayed:

2. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    So who's interested in entering?

So far
    -me(Padme),
    -Shawn-Chakster (Vader)
    and a bunch of friend we met at AOTC Charity Premiere (an OB1 & ??).

Ken-BObafett haven't reply back and so is JediClare & JediJean ;)

And I think I may know 2 of the Judges but I think no amount of Pratas will convince them to make us win with a windfall! :p

3. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    DE - you know how to contact those people we met at the Charity Premiere? It'd be good to know them better.. :)

4. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I got 2 of the guys phone number and one of them just had some e-mauling with me.

They usually hangout at the IRC channel galaxynet/#starwars.

Ps: The Darth Maul name is Nick and I'll try to contact him tomorrow. ;)

5. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Oh ok. Yah they also told me that they hang out at #starwars. Too bad I'd quit IRC about a year ago...it was getting boring :D

6. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    erm... sorry people, I'm not so sure if I wanna join this costume contest thingie 'cos it is a little too close to the exams for me to feel comfortable about enjoying myself THAT MUCH!!! :p

My first paper is on 18 June! :eek:
    **gasp**

However, I will still show my face on that day, and I will come down to Taka to lend you all my 150% support!! ;)

So DE, you will be the only Padme among us that day :)

7. B0baFett

B0baFett Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    Thank you DE for posting the contest details. I have registered for this contest. Hope Hasbro calls me up!

Even I haven't posted anything recently, I have been actively kept up to date on this forum thread.

See u guys soon, on 2 Jun &/or 8 Jun.

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    You are welcome! :) Hope those that we know including us, will get selected. ;)

Heehee, JediJean, doing Padme White Battle Suit is easy but getting the level of accuracy beyond 80% is difficult. Will try my best to improve my current suit so it'll be 90% accurate to the common fans' eye! ;)

Ps: I've ordered the Rubies Padme Gun and Holster yesterday and hope it'll arrive by next week as the tip of the gun need some working on again. :( Now where can I get the TPM electronic one cheaply here . . . ?[face_plain]

9. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    DE[b/] - I might be tagging along to take photos, if you don't mind ;)

It's on a saturday right? I think I can make it

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Yup, yup! :D

Do come along even if you can't participate. Some of us may need some assistances in putting our stuffs together. ;)

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    LATEST NEWS!! :eek:

Send in your entries for the contest NOW if you are interested!

I just got a call from Hasbro Rep saying I'm shortlisted and they will only take 10 peoples to participate per category! :( Send them now! :)

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    It'd be my honour once again ;) :D

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Maybe those who are participating can have a little photo session at Taka in front again or all over Ngee Ann City before the event on June 8th.

Or we can go to Hereen somewhere around 4.30pm and see those JRock tweening which got not only local JRock Wannabee performing but lots of Cosplayers In JRock Related Costumes? :eek:

No Parade this time cause too little people?

14. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Who's almost confirmed or confirmed of going?

DE
    Chakster
    Bobafett
    Me (Photographer, but I've only got a very basic camara)
    JediJean (tentative)

Lukedecop - Wanna come too?

15. solidnono

solidnono Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    im goin too with my digital cam...so i can take pictures of u guys and u guys would be able to receive it when u get home with the prizes..lol hehe

16. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Count me in, i will be e-mailing them today. Wish me luck. :)

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Err, Lukedecop, e-mail who? ?[face_plain]

I e-mailed FOX Marketing Rep the contact infos of the Vader and Amidala at Charity Premiere & Zouk and ask her about the Taka Contest (coming or not), and she nearly "jump" at me asking who is the organizer. [face_laugh]

She "calm down" again when I say Hasbro Singapore and Taka as Hasbro has all the rights to organize any SW related event. She said she was just being caution since many places/company are trying to organized SW related activities but they(FOX) have to reject as got no LFL authorization. ;)

18. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    D.E - E-mail to the taka contest organiser. I would like to go in costume too. Hey Jedi Clare u coming too?

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Lukedecop, e-mail them saying you got a GREAT looking costume. ;)

So far, me and Shawn are confirmed. Others joining in are BObaFett, and an OB1 from the Charity Premiere. ;)

Now I must think out WHAT to act out. Something serious and from the movie at first but end with a humor? Something about Padme coming to rescue OB1, only to discover he was enjoying eating Ice-Cream (or Durian) in one of the room with the Genosian's Leader and dancing girls all hugging him? :D

20. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I'd be an 'extra' without a costume.. :(

21. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I'll be coming to give you all my support, even though I will not be taking part in this costume contest. My friend will also be coming down to support you all, and he will be coming all dressed up again... or so he tells me :)

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    JediJean, when you come down, why not wear your costume too? :D

Heard a buncha newbies to SW (originally Anime/Manga Cosplayers) planning to attack the event too. Me very skeptic wherether they had entered the contest too as vacancies very limited and I wish we can get as much people we know into it.

Not being stereotyping but I think those who had really put their sweat and brain into making their costumes/armor a great success should win. People like BObaFett and Chakster. ;)

Me, will see how much I can do my presentations and how much better I can redo my belt. Seems I won't be getting Padme's Gun and Holster in time for this event as the US side (according to the costume shop) having trouble getting the authorization to send those stuffs over to Singapore. WHY? WHY?

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I roughly "measured" the stage today and it's about 5-7m in length and 1.5m in available width.

So any running, jumping etc to be done in the Presentation should be short. Hmm, can I make it?

24. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    oh no, still no reply from the Taka pple.
    :(

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Must push for you to get it too! :D The circle will not be completed without an Anakin! (Duh! How many Singapore Fan will actually want to do this costume of yours? It's unique; just like very few will want to do Tatooine Qui-Gon Jinn :D )

Will try to call up the Rep on Monday, asking about wherther I should wear my costume too for the Rehersal and kapohing about who the other 6 contestants are. :p

On this issue, I think they should widen the contestants no. for our Category should less than 10 kids entered the other. I'm being very curious too how many of the Kids will actually wear a non-Rubies Costume. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.