main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Takashimaya June 8th Look Alike Contest

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmm, maybe I should bring along my notebook. It can last for 1 1/2 hours safely if it had been fully charged. But who's gonna protect it with all his life? :D

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    DE - I can carry it around with me if you're bringing. I'll be there to be the photographer for us fanforce :D ;)

3. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    how do u noe i'm going first?

oh and i'll be bringing in the ppl from #starwars to support me, lol

anyway DE, i suggest u bring the powerplug as well, who noes we'll find a corner with a wall socket, and then we'll use the laptop's own batt in case we cant find any wall sockets

4. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    OK, I just wanted to re-confirm who will be going for the Taka Lookalike Contest on 8 June? How about meeting up there, so that we can give them our group support?

Date:
    8 June 2002, Saturday

Time:
    5.00pm

Place:
    Takashimaya Atrium, at the big fountain inside

Activities:
    1) Taka Lookalike Contest
    2) Dinner (optional)

Those participating will not be meeting us there, because they have to be backstage by 5.00pm.

It should be quite easy to spot me, because I will be coming dressed up in my white Padme Amidala battle suit with my Battle Droid Blaster, in support of the 4 people who will be taking part in the contest.

So far, these are the people who have indicated that they will be coming, either to take part in the contest, or just to support the participants:

- Darth Eagle (aka Padme Amidala)
    - Lukedecop (aka Anakin Skywalker)
    - Jazz
    - Solidnono
    - Chakster (aka Darth Vader)
    - B0bafett (aka Boba Fett)
    - JediJean (aka Padme Amidala)
    - Danny (aka Jedi in Bespin Suit)

Is anyone else going to be there too whose name I have left out?

Please let me know if you are coming, so that I can look out for you on that day.

Oh yes, I'll be bringing along my photos as well, so those of you who have ordered any pics from me can collect them from me on that day.

5. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    how do u noe i'm going first?

Unless your name has Mohd in front, you are going before me. During the rehersal, Lukedecop went out first cause his name started with D which before my F. Rest are K and S.

Heehee JediJean, don't forget Faiz(aka OB1)!

Can I also make a little request? Can contestants meet at about 4-4.30pm to do any dry run of presentation etc somewhere isolated? Apparently, I discovered that those who didn't turn up at the Rehersal have to be there to meet Regina at about 4.30pm.

Ya, if I bring my notebook, I'll bring the whole package minus the internet cable. ;) He comes as a package!

6. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    What time are the contestants going to meet up? You'd be doing a self rehearsal first right? If there is, I'll meet there with the contestants to take photos. :)

7. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    um, yeah i got muhammad in fron of my name, lol

so i wont be first wahhaaha

yeah i'm coming jedijean, but i'll have to meet regina at 4.30pm

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    D'oh!

So that means (according to the last rehersal), it's Lukedecop, me, that Sith Lord (Hassan or Hossan? something), BObaFett, Faiz, Chakster and my ex-neighbour kid (is his name Zulkifli or something? :D ). With 5 other contestantant fit in between.

I was thinking of coming together for the contestants at 4pm but it up to you all. I don't mind but will you? ;)

9. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I'll be going to support you guys, but not very sure what time yet...I'll bring along the photos.

:)

EDIT: I don't know what type (matt/glossy) Shawn wants, so I just ordered matt...

And those who wanted photos from me, very sorry, you have to pay a bit more for each photo...I went to the shop at 1pm today, and they said it'll only be ready for collection after 6pm tomorrow, so I opted for the express service...dunno what's up with them; when I went to develop the photos I could collect it on the same day but now cannot. [face_plain] Anyway, very sorry to make you all pay a bit more... [face_sheepish] [face_blush]

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Sure! :) Just look out for us there. ;)

11. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Thanks JediJean, its ok i manage to get a suitcase (kind of a 80s one). My photos are set to be out by tomorrow as well. The Aunty told me in the afternoon, hope i can get it before going down to Taka.

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Those who ordered photos from me, sorry but I won't have it ready by tomorrow [face_plain]

Most probably I'll send through mail or something

13. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Once again, here are the details for tomorrow...

Date:
    8 June 2002, Saturday

Time:
    5.00pm

Place:
    Takashimaya Atrium, at the big fountain inside

Activities:
    1) Taka Lookalike Contest
    2) Dinner (optional)

Those participating will not have to meet us there, because I know that they have to be backstage by 5.00pm, plus they are having a "self-rehearsal" at 4.00pm or so (right, guys?). But if you want to find us, then hey, you know where we'll be! :D

It should be quite easy to spot me, because I will be coming dressed up in my white Padme Amidala battle suit with my Battle Droid Blaster, in support of the 5 people who will be taking part in the contest (ie. DE, Lukedecop, Chakster, B0bafett, and Faiz).

So far, these are the people who have indicated that they will be coming, either to take part in the contest, or just to support the participants:

- Jazz
    - Solidnono
    - Danny (aka Jedi in Bespin Suit) -> Have not confirmed with me yet
    - Faiz (aka OB1)
    - JediClare -> Maybe?? :)

Last call: Is anyone else going to be there too whose name I have left out? Please let me know if you are coming, so that I can look out for you on that day.

BTW, all my photos have been printed in Matt, 'cos the Auntie at the photo shop wasn't keen to oblige my requests for printing both Matt & Glossy pics at one go. Plus, I didn't have time to make 2 trips to the photo shop. The good news is that it's the same price, whether it's Matt or Glossy, so it doesn't make a difference in terms of price.

DE, I'll bring my AOTC soundtrack for you, and look for you just before the meet-up at 5.00pm, OK? :)

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Just a little note, some of the contestants will be there at 4pm to talk with Regina and do some practices somewhere isolated. ;)

If any of you are there at 4pm, just look for us at the fountain at B2.

15. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    wtf? 4pm? not 4.30?
    oro @_@

can u confirm this again DE?

16. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    You suppose to meet Regina at 4pm or 4.30? ?[face_plain] We just want to arrange for the song for our presentation as I forget to call her up and tell her, and do some dry run somewhere. :p

17. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Yup, I'll be there too to lend support! See you all 4pm later! Rgds.

18. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    If I can turn up... I'll just call someone.
    So easy. :p

19. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    uh, she told me 4.30pm, but i'll be coming in a hell lot earlier coz i have lotsa things to do, costumes, etc etc. argh STRESS MAN I HAVEN THOUGHT OF SONG OR SCRIPT

*wails*

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    *DE just woken up . . . *

Huh? What? Oh on! Forget to go on mIRC. Opss sorry Faiz. :p My younger bro was on his computer for so long that I fall asleep waiting for him.

So how? You coming what time?

21. JediGenX

JediGenX Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    I will be there at taka today

22. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    well basically i'll be with a few of my frens first at around 2pm, coz i have still have to choose my epi2 track and to prepare my costume with the help of my frens.

argh argh argh, and i haven thought of wat to do! i hope when i've chosen my track, i'll think of something....ARGHHHHHHH

23. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Faiz - Relax. Let the Force guide your actions. ;)

I should be there around 5.30pm to 6pm...

24. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Once again, here's the list of us coming to Taka today, either to take part in the contest, or just to support the participants:

- Jazz
    - Solidnono
    - Danny (aka Jedi in Bespin Suit) -> Have not confirmed with me yet
    - Faiz (aka OB1)
    - JediClare -> 5.30pm or 6.00pm
    - Delight
    - DD
    - JediGenX

:eek: :eek: WOW!!! :eek: :eek:
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Looks like we'll be having a party now! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

erm... where will we go for dinner??
    Is there a place that will accommodate ALL OF US AT THE SAME TIME?!??
    **gulp!** ;)

25. JediDarT

JediDarT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    i hear that u guys get points for background props and stuff
    if anyone wants me to be some bad guy tell me
    heh
    waiting for a chance to test my lightsaber only

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.