main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Take on a Star Wars charactor!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DARTH_VERNON, Apr 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ilian

Ilian Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2003
    PALPATINE

I understand your concern senator, but we must take a look at what is in the best interest of the republic.

As I have said many times the senate is so full of scuabbling delegates that it's almost impossible to get anything done. May I remind you what the senate was like before I became chancellor. Naboo had been taken over, the senate debated the problem for an extended amount of time and when the problem became the most severe the only thing they could decide on was to send a commission to see if the trade federation was really attacking the planet. A completely useless gesture, had the commision been sent the federation would've just called back up the army before they got there. Chancellor Valorum was completely incompetent, he didn't even have the sense to use the jedi as witnesses.

The senate is corrupt my friend. A desperate situation arose which had to be solved. The senate was uncapable of deciding anything so I had to take control. I'm only trying to look out for the interests of the republic as I always have.

As far as the clone army creation, I was as shocked as you were. But if there is suspision to be raised, we should be looking toward the jedi, not me. How could I possibly have anything to do with it, I'm too busy running, I mean leading the republic. The Kaminoians say the jedi placed the order. There's a strong possibility they're involved in some kind of conspiracy. We should keep a closer eye on the jedi.

2. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Hi shadesaw here. I would be Master Mace Windu. Its Shaft with a lightsaber.

KenKenobi right on. I agree that war is never good thing. Of course you that Chancellor Palpatine is Dark lord of the Sith. The Sith have been planning their revenage against the Jedi and those loyal to the Republic. The Dark Lord of the Sith has all of the bad emotions like greed, hatred ect. Like Obi-Won said "Palpatine is very aware of the prejudice of the sentors." The Trade Federation is greedy so the Dark Lord uses people like the T.F. to get what he wants.

The Clone Wars will no matter what vote is called. Simply because the Dark Lord has to many allies. I have a theory that greed is the key to the formation of Empire was born from Palpatine's use of the greed of other worlds/groups like the Trade Federation to through the Republic into war.

3. Ilian

Apr 5, 2003
    PALAPATINE

What are you talking about Windu. You have no proof. I suggest you keep your outrageous comments to yourself or you'll come to a bad end. Besides how can I be evil, everyone loves me. It took them forever to decide on something as simple as helping Naboo or creating an army when they we're sure to be attacked, yet it took the senate less than a second to decide on something as important as giving all their power to me. That proves they trust me, you should too.

4. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Senator Bail Organa (Alderaan):

we must take a look at what is in the best interest of the republic.

Exactly- so how can keeping such a critical issue as creating a military from the Senate and, in turn, the people of the Republic, doing what is in the best interest of the Republic?

The people are the Republic, Chancellor. The Senate is the voice of the people concerning the government of that Republic.

Severing the Senate from this issue by creating an army behind our back is severing the people from the very group that governs them. The Republic is a democracy, Chancellor, not a dictatorship.

May I remind you what the senate was like before I became chancellor. Naboo had been taken over

Naboo had been blockaded, Chancellor- the Senate's designation in the matter was to deal with the blockade, not the matter of a Federation presence on the planet.

the senate debated the problem for an extended amount of time and when the problem became the most severe the only thing they could decide on was to send a commission to see if the trade federation was really attacking the planet.

A commision to investigate a rather unknown situation is better than diving blindfolded into an act that could have very well led to war. I admit that it is better to be safe than sorry, but in the case of the Naboo crisis, a commission would have done better diplomatically than would what a security garrison could have done militarily.

A completely useless gesture, had the commision been sent the federation would've just called back up the army before they got there.

With an army that size, Chancellor, the possiblity of recalling all of the droids and still rendering the blockade useful would prove to be nearly impossible. As much as there would be adequate time to do so, by the time the commission got ahold of the HoloVids showing Viceroy Gunray inside the city of Theed's palace, a Republic security force would have already been on its way, and further Federation subjugation would be futile.

In the event that they were caught, the entire organization would have been forced to disband. And, considering the Neimodians fear of such an occurence, it is highly unlikely that an further oppressive action by the Federation would have been pursued anyways.

Chancellor Valorum was completely incompetent, he didn't even have the sense to use the jedi as witnesses.

May I remind you, Chancellor, that the entire uncovering of the severity of the situation, including the testimony of your former Represenative Queen and present Senator of Naboo, Padme Amidala, were brought to the attention of the Senate and Republic High Council by the Jedi.

I'm afraid it seems as if your focus is in other areas, rather than the interests of the Republic- the majority of the Senate is corrupt due to the Separatist movement at hand. It is common fact that many Senators have and are being pursuaded by the Separatists, and the fact the recent assassination of Malastare Senator Aks Moe confirms that many outspoken sentients are trying to gain footholds in the way our government works.

As much as I stand by your side to preserve the Republic, I must disagree with your course of action regarding the Senate....we are essential to the very existance of the Republic. Should we ever be disband, the Republic would most definately be no more....

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

5. shadesaw

Jan 13, 2003
    Sentors are interested in themselves. True that people enjoy the benefits that the Republic has created but those that benefit are those that are greedy like the Trade Federation. The Trade Federation has help built a huge complex of wealth. At what cost I ask. Does the Trade Federation need battle droids to voice their thoughts?

The senator from Naboo had no choice but to vote against Valorum. She was thinking of her people. On the other hand you know she would do that. You played everyone in the Senate and the Jedi Order.

Everything that has happen has been at the will of those benefit from it. We all both Jedi,Senators and the citizens of the Republic all live togather. What effects one effects everyone else. Chancellor I think it is time for you tell all of us want is really going on. For good of the whole Republic.

6. DarthZchour

DarthZchour Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2002
    I will be Salacious Crumb, and I argue that women must be required to wear gold bikinis and that big glass water pipes should come standard in every home.

7. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Ahem. The senator from Naboo would like to speak. I belived that Palpatine would end the suffering of my people, and that was why I voted for him. I belive that war should be avoided at all costs, and if I had but been there when the suggestion for a clone army was put through, I would have opposed it. I vehemently deny any ideas that I would have put forward such a propsal.

8. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Senator Bail Organa (Alderaan):

Master Windu! I suggest you calm down in your accusing a bit in your accusations toward Palpatine. As I will, and already have admitted that our Chancellor may very well not be leading our Republic the right way, that is no basis for making quick assumptions that he has been allied with the devious Trade Federation or even remotely linked with the crisis on Naboo or the Separatist movement.

I am a very close aide to Palpatine, and as I well know he may not conduct business in...orthodox manners, but I have never once gotten the hint that he has been two-timing the Republic. Granted, he may not even be looking out for the best interest of the Republic.... *glares at Palpatine* ..., but that does not mean he is afilliated with our enemies!

The Trade Federation incident, I agree with your statment, was underestimated. Letting the Neimodians carry an army of that size was not a good idea, and now that fact is haunting us in the form of the Separatist movement. I can only hope we can sweep away the entire organization before they do something that could linger far longer than any effects after the war...

Anyways, isn't the fact that the Trade Federation was allowed such an army reasoning enough to see why they blockaded Naboo? They were angered at the taxes placed upon the routes they usually run, as many sentients are, and an army of that size in the hands of greedy aliens such as the Neimodians at least justifies their position to themselves. Why bring Palpatine to these accusations?

9. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    BOBA FETT

With all these bickering politicians, it's a wonder that I haven't been hired to send someone on "vacation" yet.

10. shadesaw

Jan 13, 2003
    I am not saying that our Chancellor help creator the Separatist movement. What I am saying is that our governement seems to gain alot from the Trade Federation. Its removal might will cause greater internal conflict, which could be worse than war.

Alot of money floats around in our governement. This money changes the opinons of Senators to what the T.F. wants. Our Chancellor might not be the root of the problem but he is aware of it and could be influence by it. Remember that money is root of all evil.

11. Ilian

Apr 5, 2003
    PALPATINE

Severing the Senate from this issue by creating an army behind our back is severing the people from the very group that governs them. The Republic is a democracy, Chancellor, not a dictatorship.

I didn't create the army behind the senate's back. The army was discovered by Master Kenobi. I merely took advantage of the situation. We should all be thankful for the army, it would've taken years to create it, and by that time the seperatists would have already taken over.

Naboo had been blockaded, Chancellor- the Senate's designation in the matter was to deal with the blockade, not the matter of a Federation presence on the planet.

Naboo had been blockaded, yes. However, at the time the planet had been taken over. Action should've been taken immediately. If the senate was unsure they could consult with the jedi. Although Chancellor Valorum may have ignorned that option due to the fact that he sent the jedi illegally. Talk about doing things behind the senate's back.

Turns to Master Windu

Master Windu, the trade federation is the root of the senate's corruption. It needs to be broken down. We can't have huge galactic corporations flaunting their money around to buy the senate's opinions. The senate needs to act with compassion and justice rather than catering to the highest bidder.

12. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    and by that time the seperatists would have already taken over.

I think you overestimate the Separatists chances, Chancellor. There was no way they could have even breached the Core Worlds by the time a recruited army was brought to arms, not to mention the fact that our Jedi are still a formidable force as "aggressive diplomats" in these situations. Granted, a number of planets would have fallen and huge casualties would be brought to the scene, so I understand your immediate action- something I have supported vocally since the Senate's indecision on the MCA.

However, at the time the planet had been taken over.

The Senate had only speculation to prove this, considering a message sent to Represenative Queen Amidala quoted as saying "our [Naboo's] people are dying.." was proved to be a forged transmission.

Action should've been taken immediately.

Action was taken immediatly. Senator Lott Dodd proposed the commission be sent, and the idea was approved by a majority vote, most likely because it was the best course of action at the time, considering we had no real proof that the Trade Federation had subjugated the entire planet. Even though we had the intel that their force was in orbit, it was the perspective of the Senate that this was part of the blockade, and nothing more.

If the senate was unsure they could consult with the jedi.

The Jedi were the reason Represenative Queen Amidala gave her testimony and, in turn, her justification behind her Vote of No Confidence in Valorum. Therefore, the Senate had already consulted the Jedi on this matter.

Although Chancellor Valorum may have ignorned that option due to the fact that he sent the jedi illegally.

Chancellor Valorum was unfit to lead the Republic, even with the presence of such a "surname" that has had a significant influence in the Chancellor's years before he was elected.

Talk about doing things behind the senate's back.

Which is why he was removed from office, if you remember. ;)

the trade federation is the root of the senate's corruption.

How dare you accuse the consensus of the Senate to be under such circumstances?!

Granted, many Separatist-afilliated Senators have been bribed in the past, but they have since given into their movement and no longer have representation in the Senate. The Senate is only corrupt now because of greedy patrons looking to benefit from this war, which I personally see as a sick and disgusting act towards the Republic. Not because of the Trade Federation...

It needs to be broken down.

We are at war with them, Chancellor. In due time we shall see their demise, because the Separatist movement will not succeed. After the incident on Geonosis, the Trade Federation has no chance of a future with the Republic...

The senate needs to act with compassion and justice rather than catering to the highest bidder.

*sighs* That is something that I can say nothing about, because unfortunately that is true.

*glances around the Senate Chamber*

You know who you are...

...and you could very well lead to permanent damage to this Senate, and in turn the Republic!

*goes back to his assigned area, and whispers to his aide*

Prepare my ship- I am immediatly returning to Alderaan for the course of this debate. I have some discussing to do with Master Kenobi, as I fully intend to defend the Republic with my bare hands...

Alert the media accordingly, without revealing too much. The Separatist Shadow Feed could twist this situation around to their own gain...

13. Ilian

Apr 5, 2003
    the trade federation is the root of the senate's corruption.

How dare you accuse the consensus of the Senate to be under such circumstances?!

Granted, many Separatist-afilliated Senators have been bribed in the past, but they have since given into their movement and no longer have representation in the Senate. The Senate is only corrupt now because of greedy patrons looking to benefit from this war, which I personally see as a sick and disgusting act towards the Republic. Not because of the Trade Federation...

Perhaps I should refrase my previous statement. Corporations like the federation were the basis of corruption in the republic.

The removal of these organizations may very well be what the republic needs to undergo a revival. Ever since I was elected I've been trying to subdue the corruption and bring the republic back into the age when the republic soley focused on the well being of the people, rather than each senators personal interests. I feel confident I will be able to lead the republic through drastic changes after the war. Changes that I can guarantee will end the corruption in the senate.

Palpatine's aid whispers into Palpatine's ear after recieving a call.

It appears a situation has arose that requires my immediate attention. Unfortunatly I must cut this metting short. We will meet agian to discuss these concerns tomorrow. Until then, the senate is adjourned.

14. Chrono

Chrono Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2003
    Palpatine is not the problem. It is you idiotic senators. Democracy cannot work. We need 1 leader who could unite us all. A voice to speak loudly. Palpatine is that man.

The clone wars could not have been avoided, because the clones had already been created. If the clones hadn't been made, then the jedi would all be dead...

Maybe that isnt such a bad idea after all...

15. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    The day we stop beliving democracy can work is the day that happens. The order and peace of the Republic is crumbling before our very eyes and all we can do is bicker about past battles. I implore you to forget the past, and come up with a solution to preserve the Republic and all we hold dear.

16. Devilanse

May 11, 2002
    CORUSCANT WANT ADS

TIRED OF "AGGRESSIVE NEGOTIATIONS"?

Then you need a Bounty Hunter!
    Thats right...stuffy politician putting a stopper on your plans for absolute power?
    Is a Wookie raiding your trash recepticle?
    Or did a smuggler dump all of your valuable cargo?

If so, then come on down to the Bounty Hunter guild. Our courteous and professional staff will be on call 24 hours a day to meet all of your bounty hunting needs.

Stop by or give us a call at 555-HUNT.
    HAPPY HUNTING!

17. Devilanse

May 11, 2002
  18. Chrono

Chrono Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2003
  19. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Wickett

Yaiiieeeeaaa!

***jumps up and stabs Boba Fett in the butt with his spear, sending the Bounty Hunter running out the door looking for medical attention***

Yub Yub!!!

***kicks the stormtrooper in the side of the head while using his spear for a pole vault. The stormtrooper falls over while Wickett jumps up and down the trooper's helmet***

Yub Yub!!!!

20. Ilian

Apr 5, 2003
    PALPATINE

Forseeing the impending doom Wicket will bring upon him, Palapatine acts quickly, sending a surge of electricity at Wicket and slamming him into the nearest wall.

21. YODA_SITH

YODA_SITH Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    YODA then comes in and sees the poor little ewok getting hit with the force lighting. Know Why did you do that to the poor ewok palpy the wasn't nessasary.

I would like to ask why do I not say what my species is or where I came from

22. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    I wanna be Plo Koon!
    great with the force lightning and I'm still a Jedi!

23. Ilian

Apr 5, 2003
    PALPATINE

YODA then comes in and sees the poor little ewok getting hit with the force lighting. Know Why did you do that to the poor ewok palpy the wasn't nessasary.

Master Yoda. I've been expecting you.

Palapatine looks over at the ewok.

Never mind him.

I would like to ask why do I not say what my species is or where I came from

That information was erased from the archieve memory. Nobody knows the answer, not even you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.