Take two aspirin and call me in the morning...the SICK thread.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Mistress, Nov 13, 2008.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Deliciosa Jedi Knight

star 1
    I made the muscles on my left torso angry, probably from coughing, and they decided to generate the worst pain I've ever had. The nice ER people gave me good drugs and a referral, and I am supposed to refrain from moving around while healing the wretched, betraying muscles. So I am under orders to be as lazy as possible... which is only entertaining for a day. Now I'm just vexed and slightly 'altered', which means no driving. I am not good at being totally still, especially when trapped in my house. Jason is taking very good care of me... though I could do without commands to "Sit!"...

[face_beatup]
  2. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    frak Chilis!!! i get to spend the next week recovering because some how mushrooms covered in gluten filled seasoning are ok for a gluten free menu.
  3. FanForced Force Ghost

star 4
    That sucks!
    That reminds me of McDonald's meatfries. mmmm, no wonder they were so good.
  4. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    lol your not helping the urge to puke right now.
  5. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You should sue Chili's. Because they lied and the results were extremely harmful to a person. It would be the same as if they said there's no nuts in something and a kid eats it and goes into anaphylactic shock because of it.

But I hope you feel better soon :(
  6. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    That is what I said...and i am sure there is prescient for this. I agree, it has caused you pain and here is it more than 24 hours later and you still hurt...that just isn't right.
  7. Deliciosa Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cabin fever... can't handle being in the house anymore! My mom is coming over today to take me on the world's slowest trip to the grocery store. That would be my fault, not hers: I'm moving like a little old lady and she's spry as can be. Current mission is to trade out the big-gun pain pills for something that does the job without knocking me on my backside... a stoner I am not, and I hate the slowed-down feeling these give me. How is it possible that some people give up their lives for it? Mysterious!!
  8. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    So I have the stomach bug!! I cannot even keep water down! Ugh!!!!
  9. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Urgh. My shoulder had been doing so well today, then a deep ache started and hasn't gone away. Can't wait till I found out what the heck I did to this sucker.
  10. Deliciosa Jedi Knight

star 1
    passing the percocet your way... but here, have some naprosyn in case you want to leave the house...
  11. Deliciosa Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh, that's not happy. Any chance someone can bring you some Gatorade?
  12. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Mellisa had a stomach bug earlier this week, now Jess has it. It doesn't sound as bad as what you have, MA, but it's still no fun. Hope you get to feeling better!
  13. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Already taking the naprosyn three times a day according to docs orders. May need to bum some of that percocet off you though. ;)
  14. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    allergies decided to invade my lungs and make it a full blown cold. grr
  15. Deliciosa Jedi Knight

star 1
    Turns out I gots me an actual disease- ischemic colitis (blood clot stopping circulation to part of my intestine, which apparently needs blood to function). If you ARE going to get a painful disease, I recommend NOT getting one that is almost exclusively found in 70-year-old ladies, 'cause then it just takes the medical profession eons to figure it out. Knowing IS half the battle, but it would be more awesome to not be ouchy.

16. FanForced Force Ghost

star 4
    oh no! It there a treatment?
  17. Deliciosa Jedi Knight

star 1
    Treatment is relative- they deal with the symptoms. Painkillers, antibiotics, and a liquid/mushy diet are the plan for a while... yay for applesauce, Ensure, & rice. I tried going back to solid food this week and that brought more pain back. If it keeps going (and it's been 5 weeks), eventually someone will have to figure out why a 32yo is getting it.. look for a clotting disorder, etc.. And scarring is a possibility, which would lead to surgery. On the bright side, it is probably the best weight-lost tool EVER. ;)

18. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5
    That stinks sweetie=(
  19. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, bugger, Chris! I'm so sorry!

Good thing today was a snow day. I slept till 1:30. Bad news is I have to go get my root canal from January redone and packed full of antibiotics because I can't shake the infection even after two rounds of oral antibiotics.... Tomorrow morning. At 8:30. 45 minutes from where I live. If this doesn't work it has to be pulled. Maybe I should be in the venting thread.
  20. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    WOW Chris, if there is anything you need I'm not far, so just give me a call. Other mushy things are oatmeal, mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs & yogart. OH bananas, not sure if you mean bland like flavor or bland like stuff you don't normally eat w/o other yummy stuff :D

Hope you can get this all sorted out soon.

I got back from the doctor today, haven't been feeling well since Monday & a little off for another week taking vitamin C & trying to stay well. Didn't work. I have a super bad ear & sinus infection, the doctor even cringed when she saw the "puss" in my ear and said my tonsils are swollen. I informed her I don't have tonsils, she was like WOW and gave me 5 prescriptions and I may need cough syrup before this is all over too :(

So now I'm thinking about taking a nap....
  21. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5
    Darn it! I hope you feel better soon!
  22. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Kim , I'm sorry you are so sick! Take it easy and get well soon!
  23. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    I wonder how a pharmacist would react when they hear that I am using dayquil to wash down sudafed. stupid nosem throat and chest.
  24. Deliciosa Jedi Knight

star 1

Egad!! That sounds awful, Kim! Did your eardrum rupture, or is it just nasty? I think I am more up and about than you are right now-- holler if you need soup and Jeff isn't around. I have enough Chicken and Stars and ramen to feed an army. It's not exciting, but more so than white rice.
  25. Deliciosa Jedi Knight

star 1

Old-school Sudafed, or pseudo-sudafed? I think they would be more concerned about a double dose of tylenol than the other ingredients. Remember those 'Tylenol Will Kill You' posters from childhood? Reye's Syndrome? Never did figure out what that was, but was adequately terrified to be leery now.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby