main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Take two aspirin and call me in the morning...the SICK thread.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Mistress, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Woke up this morning to a child with a fever. She didnt have one for 24 hours and now its back? I am truly at a loss. Not only is this the worse time imaginable for me to miss work financially, but also because of the "corporate restructuring".

And poor Bean! She just cried and cried when I woke her up. I want to hit something. :mad:

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh, no. I'm sorry, M. :(

I think I am on the verge of coming down with something. You know how you can be just on the edge, not really sick yet but starting to get symptoms? It's like your body is seeing if it can fight it off or not.

3. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Try and let yourself rest more, I think you drive yourself too hard, T. Sometimes that tickle in the throat is our bodies way of saying, "Let me lie on the couch for 12 hours!" and sometimes we should listen.

The tylenol took mini monsters fever away, but I cant chance taking her to school and having it return so my brother will work from home and watch her. We are packing a care basket with pillow, blanket, toys and snacks. Most of her day will probably be watching ridiculous stop/go animation with her 12 year old cousin. o_O

4. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Aw, poor Bean! I hope she feels better. And I hope your work is understanding for you.... [:D]

I'm finally beginning to feel better, but I'm still grumpy about everything. I would like my body to only malfunction one way at a time. :mad:

5. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Day two of stomach flu: Weak as kitten, shaky...able to choke down food a bit, but still have a fairly upset GI tract. Need to get this house fumigated. It smells like sick person in here.

6. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Jebus, M. Take care of yourself!

7. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I've had a headache for three straight days. It went migraine on me late yesterday afternoon and all I did was sleep all evening. I'm still in a lot of pain. Now I'm trying to decide if I should do half a day at work or forget the whole thing.

:mad:

8. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I vote half day..you have to take care of yourself. I hope you feel better! [:D]

9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Sorry you're not feeling well, I know how migraines are, if you?re not puking your guts out I say go to work. Sometimes just change of scenery and something to do other then thinking of how miserable I am help for a little bit. Oh & drugs, lots of drugs :D

10. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I couldn't do it. Light was hurting too much. I just woke up again, so we'll see how this evening goes....

11. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Bean is still sick! Grrrrr. I already took her to the doc yesterday and he said it was an allergen induced irritation of her upper respiratory tract. HOWEVER, today she is crying that her throat hurts and she "lost" the flashlight, so I have no way of looking in there. I had better go and look for it.

I hate it when my baby is sick!! :_|

12. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I haz a headache again. I so wanted to spend my snow day being productive at home and with jewelry, but no.

13. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Woke up feeling raunchy today. Have 2 of 3 pups snuggling on the couch watch LOTR FOTR :) May need to move on to the TT.

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    apparently i have the flu...came home from work yesterday, dizzy & weak. so i am watching the GLEE marathon with kitteh snuggles.

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I started getting a sore throat yesterday, and it hurt enough even with those numb-your-throat lozenges that I was semi-aware of it all night. Bah. I don't want to get sick. :( Hopefully it's just a cold that I can fight off quickly.

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    good luck..today is official two weeks since i first got sick. still hacking and coughing gunk up. sad to say.

I hope you feel better T. I'll send over Sam & Dean as soon as possible. ;)

17. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    My ringing ears have moved from the center back of my brain to the right ear, back to the left, then both now it's at the top of my brain, kind of like a tickle. Just won't GO AWAY!!!!!

18. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Did you go to the doctor?

19. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Yep, my ears are magical, they are making crystals :p

20. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    And what is the treatment for ear crystals? Tiny miners?

21. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    steroids, time, and let's wait & see? I have horrible ears, always have so......

22. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
  23. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Some folks pay extra for that sensation [face_whistling]

Hope you are feeling better SC.

24. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey, I wouldn't mind being sick if it meant even one of the boys! ;)

25. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    [face_laugh]