main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Take two aspirin and call me in the morning...the SICK thread.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Mistress, Nov 13, 2008.

1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I really wish that was the answer :( I feel like a fire alarm is going off in my head, it just gets louder. Trying a ton of water hoping that will even out the fluid in my inner ear? Can't hurt I guess.

Called the DR's office yesterday, they need to go the second step, getting dizzy if I close my eyes & turn head :(

2. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Suckage, Kim. :( I hope they help you this time.

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    After 10 days of sinus infection, I finally feel human. Or as close to human as I ever feel. There is much rejoicing!!! :)

4. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    I rolled from a Sinus infection into crapped out back. Finally can move around without sharp knife pains and oh so wonderful spasms. I WILL be 100% by StarFest! There is no option!

5. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Gah. What I thought was just bad allergies did turn out to be con crud. Or maybe airplane crud, given that I was starting to get it by Sunday morning. The initial cold part never got too bad, for a cold, so I thought I would just skate on through it. But now a cough has crept up the last day or two, and the cough is starting to get a little congestive. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse; I still remember getting pneumonia once a year when I was younger. [face_beatup]

6. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Oh no alison!!! feel better soon!!!!!!! [:D]

7. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I've come down with another cold. Dang it, it's summer. You're not supposed to get sick yet. The sick part is bad enough, but I slept terribly last night so now I am tired on top of it. [face_tired]

8. Fontana

Fontana Jedi Padawan

Mar 23, 2011
    Monday - Wisdom teeth come out (begin pain meds and antibiotic)
    Wednesday - Life sucks
    Thursday - Hubby get bronchitis
    Friday - Hubby goes to doctor gets meds
    Sunday - I finish round of antibiotics from wisdom teeth but get bronchitis, ear infection, sinus infection...hubby is feeling better
    Sunday night - life sucks again. :mad:

going to bed...

9. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Last night while getting ready for bed I noticed a small bright red area on my side, surrounded by light red looking skin. Huh? The main area is maybe the size of an oval-shaped dime. It's that sort of red that makes me think I caught some skin pinched in something, breaking a bunch of surface blood vessels, but I don't remember anything like that and it didn't hurt. The other possibility I considered was an infected tick bite (like Lyme disease), but this didn't have the outer ring of the distinctive bulls eye pattern. The redness could be some sort of other bite, but there's extremely little swelling; I can barely, barely feel a slight raised area at all. If it were a bad spider bite, I'd think it would be more swollen than this. So I emailed a picture to my dad (since he has has Lyme disease) figuring he might know more. Unfortunately, he must have told my mom... who emailed me back at 2am saying 'oh no! next time call!' and wanting me to stop by their house in the morning before going to an emergency clinic at 8am. Oy. *sigh* Seriously?

10. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    It's probably just a bug bite that doesn't itch yet. That's the exact reason unless something has been severed and is growing I don't tell my mom. :p

Hope your OK

11. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Hope you're ok too!!! Let us know what it is as soon as you find out :D

12. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I really don't think it's a mosquito bite - those wouldn't be this red without scratching. It could be a spider bite ofsome kind, hough again, I'm surprised it wouldn't also swell for looking this red. Maybe it's not it hngmore because I'm not scratching? The redness has gotten a little larger I think.

Heck, I know better than to tell my mom!! It's just that I didn't tell my dad not to mention it to her, and he went and ratted me out. :p

13. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Did you go to the Doctor? Is it still there or did it go away?

14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    It looked worse the next day, but I procrastinated. Then by the following morning it was slightly better, or at least not worse, so I didn't go. It continued to get better, and now is mostly a fading bruise. Funny how a bite can actually leave a bruise.

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Had a tonsillitis and a sinus infection at the beginning of the month. Doc gave me some antibiotics that didn't kill everything, so it's back now and I'm feeling worse. Ears hurt, throat hurts, head hurts, and I feel like I can be on one of those mucinex commercials. Ick. Anyways, I just felt the need to share. :p

16. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I had an ingrown toenail removed yesterday. Joy. [face_plain] But it was worth it.... better for the quick pain of the shots than to walk on the painful foot all day.

17. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    My arm hurts from raking leaves. These were wet, sticky leaves that had frozen under snow and ice.

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I think I've caught a cold, but it's a strange one. Normally I'd have a sore throat, congestion and runny nose, but this one is only a cough (sometimes violent coughing jags) with an irritated throat. Along the way I have discovered that crappy generic cough suppressant 9 years out of date apparently doesn't work well even if it does still taste like cough medicine. I do, however, wonder if it has some sort of stimulant in it. Last night it was like I'd had caffeine - I just wasn't sleepy after waking up coughing a bunch of times. Tired, yes, fall right asleep, no. Which is weird, because I almost never have trouble sleeping.

19. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Uhm, yeah. Get new cough syrup....

The cold I've had for over a month is finally subsiding some, but this whole week I've felt like something ran over me. Consequently, I'm a very grumpy (there are better words than "grumpy,' but TOS...) bantha.

20. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    JT shared his con crud with me. Which meant I was sleeping on the sofa the past two days, so I could sit up elevated, and not cough as much. BUT, now I have codeine cough syrup, bwahahaha!! Medically-induced passing out in 30 minutes!

21. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    "Posted from her iPhone on the couch."

22. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003

Hmmmm Codeine is the best!~
    Feel better soon!

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hope you feel better!

I just got back from PT. Been going 4 weeks now and actually seeing improvement. This is the first time PT has helped my back. Sadly I still need another 6 weeks of PT, so I'll have to figure out where to find the cash or just put it all on a credit card... hmmm...

24. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Second day of feeling like my head is going to explode. I really can't miss any more work, but I can't proof with a wampa playing timpani between my ears....

25. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    UGH how are you feeling today queenie?!

my complaint, rain makes lungs not happy. :(