main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Take your flashlight home. (DC Comics new 52/Flashpoint)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Axle-Starweilder, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    hi.
    so i've been keeping up with flashpoint for awhile now and i find it pretty interesting. i read the last one today and was reminded of something that marv wolfman said in his intro to the Crisis On Infinite Earth's.

"Did we have to kill the Barry Allen Flash? We always liked Barry, so when we were asked to kill him we planted a secret plot device in the story that could bring him back if someone wanted to. Don't look for it; you won't find it - but if you corner me at a convention, and if I'm in a good moood, I'll tell you what it is."

i've been wondering what that is since i read about it a few years ago. it looks like this might finally be it...? or maybe it was his re-emergence into Final Crisis? i don't know, but i only read Final Crisis once.

this isn't the hottest first post or anything, but i was rather surprised to see that there wasn't even a thread about the new 52 or any of its pieces in here... or flashpoint. so, i guess my big question is "Are we seeing this mystic plot device that wolfman warned us about years ago? did he tell geoff johns? is there A GAWD!?!?!? that or we can just talk about this new era and what led to it and stuff. i'm fine with that too.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    ... I wish I didn't know the answer to this question.:-B

No, we have not seen Marv Wolfman's plot device from Crisis on Infinite Earths in published book form, and we probably never will. His idea - infinitely cooler than what actually happened - was that Barry could always leave his run while it was in progress. That would allow him to continue fighting crime, but always, in the back of his mind, he would know that someday he would have to go back and run to death, or the universe was doomed.

So that's the story.

Now, speaking of the new 52 and Flashpoint, there's a very interesting recurring cameo that some news sources are starting to pick up on. There be shenanigans afoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.