main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Taking a Break

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    This has been bothering me for awhile and I'm just gonna get it off my chest now. Our FF really sucks. Don't get me wrong, I like all of you. It's just that we started off really strong and have dwindled down to what we have now. My life was so busy when I resigned as CR, I was getting married, working overtime, had a ton of football games to go to. I also didn't enjoy being CR, You have to deal with alot of crap and politics that a normal fan doesn't. So I turned it all over to Sarah because I felt that Sarah would make a great CR. Well I'm gonna be honest, Sarah you never make things happen. Meetings/FF Events, ect. It is the CRs responsibility to make that stuff happen and I don't feel that you have done a very good job. I can't believe that nothing was ever mentioned about going out together for midnight madness. Gwen and I ended up going out by ourselves. I found myself posting daily to try to keep the boards active but it's hard when nobody responds. No efforts have been made to recruit people or to attempt to bring back people that we've lost. I'm going to go away for awhile, I am just so frustrated with the entire thing and I am going to walk away. Maybe months or years from now I will decide to give it another shot but right now I am done. I officially resign as 1st Officer and I leave it open to whoever wants to take my place, You guys can work it out amongst yourselfs. Good luck and I hope everybody enjoys the ROTS events that are coming up in the next few months.

2. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    I know I suck at being the CR. It's hard to do anything with a group that consists of four or five people, and the most active people live half way to Cincy. I had honestly hoped the group would grow with the onset of ROTS events and happenings, but unfortunately it hasn't. I have been trying to increase our numbers, everytime I meet a fan I mention the boards and give them the address - unfortunately none of them have bothered to come by and give us a visit. The reason I didn't mention anything about midnight madness would be because I don't know what you're talking about? :?

When you offered me the CR position I didn't jump at it, I only accepted it because no one else stepped up to take over. You're right, as a CR you can't just be a normal fan. You have to be assertive, motivated, proactive, and organized, you have to be your most active member apparently, and you have to play to an unresponsive audience and hope you don't step on anyone's toes. It's no fun at ALL, and I didn't sign up on these boards to be a leader, and I find myself cringing at the thought of checking on the boards now.

If anyone thinks they can do better than I, which I know someone must, then step up to the plate and take a swing at it.

You're not the only one who's been ruminating on this, Sean. I've been wanting to shove this job off on someone else for months but haven't had the guts to do it. Thanks for bringing it up, mate.

3. DemonJedi

DemonJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Sean and Sarah i would really like to watch episode 3 with you guys (midnight showing if we can all get tickets)but this is beside the point. I have to tell you guys most people are shy about meeting people in person ive been giving the web address to the boards to everyone i see or hear that they are a fan.It takes alot to get any people involved anymore and when it comes down to it with the economy the way it is people are tight with money and their time ect. I have to say were in real bad times right now not me personaly but the masses. Look at me ,i went on for a long time before i posted agian and then finaly when to a meeting and i enjoyed myself with you guys. I think if we attend the midnight showing (of SWE3) if we have tickets or not and just hand out flyers about this board also email members on the board to say hi want to do this or want to come to the next meeting. Im just throwing up ideas guys if we cant grow as a group we can murge with cincinnati.

4. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    The problem with murging with Cincinnati is that they have most of their meetings in Northern Kentucky or around Cincinnati itself. From your house Shawn it would be at least a 1 hour drive and vice versa for them if a meeting was scheduled in Dayton. As far as the flyers go, I've tried that along with just about everything else...People just don't seem to want to join.

5. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    The problem with merging with Cincy is that it's not going to happen while I have any say on these boards. >_> Like Sean said, their meetings are in Kentucky half the time, and I personally refuse to drive that far for a FF meeting. With gas at almost $2.50 a gallon that's over $10 in gas and 2 hours in driving for the privilege of hanging out with people I hardly know. Thanks, but no. x_O

At the meeting on the 17th we can discuss options, I hope everyone shows up.

6. LinkintheForce

LinkintheForce Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2005
    Where will the 17th meeting be?? :confused:

7. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    The Borders at Dayton Mall, do you know where that is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.