main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Taking Darth Vaders helmet from Endor...?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Avnar, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    So...

At some point in time someone takes Vaders helmet from Endor... And eventually it ends up with Kylo Ren. I wonder how this plays out? If Kylo IS Han and Leias son he probably would have heard all the tales of every adventure that the gang were involved in when he was a child from Luke, Leia and Han so he would know where to find Vaders remains (possibly).

I wonder... If Kylo wants to follow in Vaders footsteps and he did go to Endor to retrieve the item would he just let the Ewoks be - Or would he kill some of them, possibly even destroy the whole place?? They did help embarrass the Empire. Most people hate the Ewoks...but would you still feel that way watching them get slaughtered? Hmmm

There was a scene in the new trailer that shows a forest getting destroyed (during the Poe interrogation scene) ...I wonder where this is? It seems as though it is a vision shown to Poe but I could be wrong. The simplest explanation is that it is the weapon being used by the FO on the new snow planet, against the rebels resistance.

Do you guys know something I don't already? How does the helmet end up with Kylo? I don't read any of the novels. Has it already been explained? And if not - How do you think it would have played out?

Curious...

:cool:

Bigger Fish and Darth_Pevra like this.
  2. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd always heard that he simply robbed vader's grave. That's been the rumor since what feels like forever now.
    In the early days some were even suggesting this one concept art picture was luke holding his own fathers charred mask which was rediculous. The hooded guy in the image looks nothing like Kylo ren but he's way too creepy to be luke.

Bigger Fish likes this.
  3. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    One way or another it's going to have to be explained

4. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I'm just assuming (and could be completely wrong) that when Luke cremated Vader (probably the last thing he would have wanted after ROTS) ...the proximity wouldn't have been that far from the Ewok village. Unless he wanted some serious privacy and flew somewhere remote to do this then flew to the village for the celebrations??

5. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Murdering ewoks is equal to murdering younglings? If so, then Kylo is definitely following Vader's footsteps.

6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    No it wasn't far off because Leia could find him there, I think. But I also do believe that Luke would do something with the remains so they don't become toys for Ewok children or musical instruments. He probably buried what wouldn't burn, which of course wouldn't be much of a deterrent for darksiders.

Avnar likes this.
  7. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    You don't think it is?? "All creatures great and small" :cool:

I didn't mean follow his footsteps killing people, I meant would he hate the Ewoks for there involvement with how it all panned out... If he went there would he just leave them be? They did help destroy the Empire...surely being allies of the Rebellion would make them enemies of the FO? (assuming they care)

8. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I do hope they show the grave being looted. Maybe the scene in the trailer with the knights of ren is during the part where they dig it up!
    Okay boys this is the spot! Now start digging! Come on faster!;)

9. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Oh okay... That would make sense. So I wonder how Kylo found the remains?

10. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's never exaplined.. and to be honest, I don't think it needs to. What's becoming clear (or so it seems) is that there were others hiding in the shadows during the events of the OT. Perhaps Luke was being watched when having the funeral pyre for Anakin/Vader?

11. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Glad you brought this up! I was thinking...obviously we are meant to assume those bodies laying around Kylo and his posse are Jedi from the temple attack...but 7 against what looks like 50 or so?? I don't know...

They could be Ewoks! :D Haha I don't actually believe that but it would be cool!

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    A lingering force echo would be my guess why someone found it.

13. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    If they did slaughter the Ewoks to get Vader's stuff, there's a side benefit of that that would help the FO conserve rations ...

[​IMG]

14. ender2k

ender2k Jedi Master star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    Finding Vader's remains would fit the comic format I think. You'd get the visual impact of someone finding the remains along with possibly his or her thoughts upon doing so.

Anyway, some other possibilities:

• Luke could have taken the helmet with him and had it stolen..
    • Somebody else dug up Vader's remains on Endor, and Kylo came by the helmet later.

The Acolytes of the Beyond searching for Vader's red saber to reunite with him in death seem like a group who would be interested in something like where Vader was buried, even before Kylo is on the scene. In fact, the absence of the saber with Vader's other remains is arguably the most logical reason why someone would go looking for it elsewhere. Luke is the only person alive that has a reason to know said saber fell down a reactor shaft.

D'an, Dak Oolron and Darth_Pevra like this.
  15. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I think Kylo's a grave robber.

16. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    That's dark man. Dark.:p

17. Jar Jar All The Way

Jar Jar All The Way Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2014
    I can see them mentioning it through one line, like "Lord Kylo is returning from the Endor moon prepare for his arrival" that would be all we would really need to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    That's the most likely scenario I guess...if it gets mentioned at all.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  19. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015

Ya, it'll probably be something like this......but.....it'd be pretty sick if they show a quick scene of Kylo slaughtering the village of Ewoks who Luke left in charge of Vader's grave, or even the aftermath of what he did to the village to get to the grave! As an easter egg, they could even show Jar Jar's dead body in the Ewok village because he was on a diplomatic mission to that village when Kylo hit them lol.

20. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Hahaha!

The Ewoks were not well received... I must admit they don't bother me that much (The first SW film I saw as a kid was CofC) I just wish they were Wookies! BUT seeing them slaughtered may change peoples opinions of them and make them watch ROTJ with a new view. Does that make sense? Knowing what comes after...

21. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    Ahhh, to be a true Star Wars film some aspects of it must be left unexplained. It's as if someone is out there is deliberately taunting us fans to create endless speculative discussions for decades to come - and it will too that's the problem.

I personally like the notion an Ewok found the helmet and stuck it on gBay or the Galactic equivalent. Just imagine Ren seeing the "buy it now" button. :)

Alternatively if using a real life reference, it's a "mould cast off the original" - after all, isn't that how most people get their armour costumes these days?

Ewok Poet likes this.
  22. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015

I always thought the same thing. It should've been Wookies and they should've used the Wookie homeworld instead of Endor, that would've been so much better for RotJ/story. But you're right and i agree that showing the slaughtered Ewoks might make viewers see the Ewoks in a different light, and the parallel with what Vader did to the Jedi Younglings in RotS would be almost twistedly poetic and comparative.

23. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no point. he has it. it doesn't need to be shown or explained in any way.

24. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    And the Ewoks have their own cookbook. I believe we'd find the title is To Serve Man.;)

25. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I reckon some Rebel pilot... Wedge?.. was out walking the forest the day after Yub Nub, relaxed, happy, a bit of a hangover, and wanders up to the burnt remains of Luke's fire. Looks in... burnt corpse. Ick. And whoah, THAT is a souvenir if anything is. Quietly takes it home, and over the years it swaps hands in bets, thefts, sales and becomes a Empire Collectors legend.

Then one day Kylo is browsing on eBay...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.