main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Taking Down an AT-AT

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Golden_One, May 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golden_One

Golden_One Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Hi :).
    I have a fan fiction that i'm writing, and I've gotten my characters into a bit of trouble. They have to take out an AT-AT, and i'm not quite sure how to go about it. they're armed with lightsabers, but they're only trainees, so they're not as experienced as most Jedi. I'd also like a kind of creative way to do it. If you have any suggestions, just post 'em here :).

2. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    hmmmmm what about Force throwing a theremal detanator up inside it? Or do they only have lightsabers? I'll think about it and tell you later. Sorry if thats not very orignal. :)

3. Aftermath

Aftermath Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    They could deflect the AT-AT's own fire back at it. (although the force of the impact of the blast on their lightsabers would probably knock them down too.)

Or, they could just slice and dice those poorly defended, spindly legs.

4. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    The legs of the walker probably have vulnerable points at the "ankle" area, (exposed wiring, coolant hoses, machinery, etc)

-Tim

5. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    A couple ways to take down an AT-AT

• Use a DEMP (Destructive Electro-Magnetic Pulse) gun, as seen in Jedi Outcast. These guns are specifically designed to destroy vehicles and droids, and work very much like hand-held ion cannons.

• Cut a hole in it with a lightsaber, and then you either jump inside and start chopping people up, or throw in a thermal detonator and get away.

• Use the Force to topple it down a cliff. Of course, you have to be really strong in the Force and have a handy cliff nearby.

• Throw rocks down towards it from a high place, and start an avalanche that buries it.

• Use explosives. Lots and lots of explosives. Detonation packs and trip mines will work. Strew them in the things path, and blow them up at an appropriate moment.

• One word: Ewoks.

6. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    AT-ATs... hmm.. ::engages his "rollicking-action-writing-ability" often present when he writes fan-fics::

How many trainees are there? Let's say there's three. Let's say they're in front of the AT-AT -- as in, it's bearing down on them. We'll call our characters A, B, and C. B and C scatter to the left and right, respectively, while A runs right at the Walker in a zig-zag pattern (the better to avoid incoming fire). A will soon get under the Walker's downward fire radius. So, the Walker will pivot to try to fire at B or C, who are trying to flank it (let's say it turns to its right -- to character B). B then runs closer to the Walker, noticing it pivoting, while C swings wider, around the back. C runs to the rear-left leg, whips out the saber, and starts drillin' into the joint (above the foot-pad). A's whole purpose at first was just to distract the walker long enough for B and C to scatter, and A knows that the walker can only go after one of them at a time. C finishes his work, jams a detonator in the hole, and dives away. Boom. Walker's now dragging the rear leg, while B comes closer to the Walker, running right underneath it as it continues to pivot. The Walker tries to pivot back, but since the rear leg is all screwed up, it can't do it without shearing the leg off (since it's immobile) so it instead continues pivoting to its right, dragging the rear-left leg. Meanwhile, character A has run along the Walker's left side (since it was facing to the right, chasing B) and runs to the nearby turret/heavy weapons/parked ship/whatever. You do the math. ;)

7. Golden_One

Golden_One Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Wow!
    Thank you all for your feedback--this really helps. I'm sorry I didn't reply to all this sooner--I was up in Montreal--but i'll give some serious thought to all of it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.