main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Taking good natured fun a little too far...

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by gw2tulsa, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Huh, I hate being the bad guy, but here goes...

It has come to my attention that some of our groups theads are getting a little carried away and pushing the limits of just what is allowed in the JC Forums.

I know as well as you that the threads were made in jest and no ill-will was intended. However, I only know this because I know the members from our meetings. The general populace does not have that luxury and can easily misinterpret good natured ribbing and fun in the wrong way.

We have already had one thread locked because of this and a few others almost took the same fate. Please lets not have this happen again.

I'd suggest that everyone please read the Terms of Service linked in the menu bars above.

Please don't change the comeraderie that you have here with other members, but simply bear in mind that we are all resposible for what is posted here and use good judgement before you post or respond.

Save the more extreme ribbing for the group meetings :)

I'm gonna go hide now...

-Gary Weaver II

2. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Agreed, This is a much more public forum than what we have had in the past and what is said here will reflect on us. For good or ill.

3. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    I also agree. You guys know I more then anyone like to joke and tease, but things here need to stay PG, maybe try to keep sexual references to a bare minimum. Of course what we say in person is another matter. hehehe.

4. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Exactly Mike2. We can have the PG-13 versions at the meeting. Of course I doubt anyone could say some of these lines with a straight face in front of other people...

-Gary

5. tx1573

tx1573 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    As one of the parties involved in locking a thread I have to agree with the words posted above. If I had known then that it would cause such a problem with others I would have ceased much earlier. I have since however toned down my posts and will continue to do so. I feel that continued conversation of this topic should be directed at those involved and not discussed in a public forum. Anyone offended or upset with anything I have posted can email or PM me. Just my opinion on the matter but why waste further space and time posting here, when we should be discussing Star Wars and other fun things.

6. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    I don't think the purpose of this was to point fingers at anyone. It seems is a simple general FYI to everyone who posts here. Many of us have conversations that have gone beyond the bounds of what is laid out in the ToS of this board. This sort of thing here will have to stop. Simple as that. And not as you put it..a waste of space.

7. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Chad,

Right now I wouldn't worry about it at all. This post was just to let everyone know what COULD happen in regards to future threads. While a little more than the "normal" around here, the threads in question were not THAT bad. However, I've seen in my times online that what starts small and innocent can go over the top and out of control real fast - thus ruining the entire situation. We've had that happen once or twice in threads and left unchecked it could spread and permeate through the entire group/thread.

I agree with you that we should be talking SW and that this thread can be construed as a waste of space and bandwidth. However, the threads in question were not discussing SW that much either :)

Like we're trying to say - keep it within reason and I don't see why the matter should ever be brought up again...

-Gary Weaver II

8. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    Yea..what he said <points at Gary's post>

9. brat-of-kansas

brat-of-kansas Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    Sometimes I don't know what is worse, letting something die or dragging it on. Ok i did something wrong and I am sorry. It was out of line and not right. So I ask for forgiveness.

And um to any one person who reads my posts, I am sorry that it offends and my most humble apologizes. I can't help the way I am, which is on the rowdy side, and I shouldn't be that way on a public forum, but it happened and i am sorry. And if my apology is not enough than i am sorry you feel that way.

Tulsa Fan Force I apologize to all. Lisa n Chad i apologize as well...to other JC members..i apologize

thank you all for your time...

10. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Ugh, the other consequence of trying to help.... The apologies... ;(

Alrighty, here's the way it is...

There were NO complaints made to anyone, period. Please don't think that anyone did anything wrong. Those in question were just having fun and those of us not involved totally understand that and support it. Feel free to converse and discuss SW and other related stuff to your hearts content... BUUUUUUUUT....

Please read the TOS, thats all I or anyone else ask. I'm not offended at all by what was written, but as a member of the TFF Council I have a responsibility to the group as a whole and the first impressions we make on current and future members. Please consider that not only will we older fans be reading this board but so will their children and other younger fans. WE owe it to OURSELVES to set a higher example.

Again, no one has anything to apologize for AT ALL. Simply exercise restraint if you want to call someone a VERY intersting name... Like I said, we'll just save it for the meetings :)

-Gary

11. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    <points again> what he said :)

12. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    No need to appoligize or step forward, but if you want you can give me cash.... hehehe.

This is for EVERYONE, not any one person. No one was complained about so we had to say this, its just a, kill it before it happens thing.

I know what Gary means, good hearted fun is easily misunderstood on the net and then it just blazes outta control like a Colorado fire.

Everyone her is uber cool and we wanna do what we can to make sure we are here for years to come... And that no one else moves to Omaha... *Cough* BDK! *cough*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.