main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Taking Sides--how Pink Five joined the Rebellion--Vignette 23

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Note: Pink 5 belongs to Trey Stokes and company. All hail to them.
    Note: Thanks to FX_Guy for betaing this and giving me so much help to get this idea developed. Also, thanks to Kateydidnt and Gardener, who helped me figure out a crucial scene.

For clarity, here are the names of the people:

Buzz: Soontir Fel
    Babyface: Wes Janson (thanks to Padawan_lunetta for the name)
    Sourbutt: Hobbie Klivian
    Furface: Biggs Darklighter.

Now, without further ado, here's the story of how Stacey arrived at the Rebellion.
    TAKING SIDES

This is so stupid. Dude, I did their stupid tests and their freakin? flight tests and now this dumb guy doesn?t talk normal!

?IF?YOU?JUST?WAIT?ONE?MINUTE??

What?s his damage? What, does he think I?m deaf?

?Dude, I understand you.?

?I?LL?BE?RIGHT?BACK!?

And now he just bugs out of here? What?s with these people? Dude, I could so use a latte right now. I?ve been here all day and I?ve got major helmet hair.

Well, this sucks!

This place smells funky. They better not smell like this at the Academy. I mean, dude, I?ve heard the guys there are pretty dang fine, but if they?re anything like bigmouth buzzcut dude, it?s, like, so not going to be worth it.

Ooh! I?ve still got my nail file. Finally, something to pass the time.

First finger done. Ugh, all these guys seem to have, like, five different colors of dirt under their nails! GROSS! I am not getting my hands all nasty. That?s what we have guys around, to do the dirty work.

Why am I doing this anyway? Oh, yeah. Tracey says guys love the whole do-gooder chick thing. Besides, no way was I going to stay around there. I was so totally over that place.

Oh, grouchy guy?s back with a little friend.

?THIS?IS?OUR?BASE?TRANSLATOR??

Oh, good, maybe he can figure out what this guy?s problem is.

?Hi,? I say. ?I?m Stacey and, like, this guy doesn?t understand a thing I?m saying. I have no idea what?s up with that, but maybe you can??

?Sorry, sir,? Short Stuff says. ?I can?t make heads or tails of it.?

?She?ll never survive at the Academy,? Buzz says. ?Everyone has to speak Basic.?

?I speak Basic.?

They stare at me. I stare back. Pop my gum. They can?t scare me.

?Of course she won?t survive,? Buzz says. ?She?s a woman and she?s barely human.?

Okay, that?s it. I can totally take him. Shoe off, chuck at Buzz?s head, problem solved. But no. I told Mom I?d be on my best behavior. Yeah, like she wouldn?t do the same.

?Dude, what?s your problem?? I snap. ?I?ve got wicked good scores and I can totally take all of you.?

They blink. They?re supposed to be the smart guys and they can?t even understand Basic. Maybe it?s because of their stuck-up talk.

Enough of this. I?m catching a ride before the caf shop closes.

?Dude, I?m out of here,? I tell them; it?s a lot nicer to tell them why I?m ditching them.

?Wait!?

It?s Short Stuff who says this. Maybe he?s got the hots for me.

?Her scores are impressive, sir,? he argues, ?and it will do wonders for the Academy?s public image.?

?I don?t care if she?ll bring Galactic peace to the fuzzy-wuzzies!? Buzz snaps. ?She?s not flying with the Empire!?

?If you say so, fuzzball,? I snap and kick him in the shins as I pass.

?Wait!?

This time it?s Buzz. Do these guys ever shut up?

?All right,? he says, making a face. ?Welcome to the Academy, Stacey.?
    Uptight helmet dudes follow us everywhere here. It?s so not fair, but they get their plastic boxers in a twist if I don?t let them, so I guess I can deal.

Buzz guy?s back, still ugly, still weird, still hasn?t cracked a smile. ?My name is Colonel Soontir Fel,? he says. ?Who are you and what are you doing here??

?Um??

What is this guy?s damage? I mean, dude, I saw him, like, practically yesterday or whatever. Did he have, like, too many hits on the head during zoneball practice?

?Stacey?? I tell him. ?I?m here to be the hottest new look for the Empire.?

2. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    They give me weird looks, but that?s okay. Guys never understand me.

And by guys, she means most girls too. :p You know, if there were girls in the Empire. :p

Weird LA valley people. :p (looks around LA to make sure she doesn't get 'damaged')

3. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    heh....great post as always Ish!

You've got Pink5 down pat...

4. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Great job Ish! And thanks for the PM!

You write Stacey perfectly. And the way she interacts with the instructors and the guys... wonderfully done! Another great installment, and perfect explaination of why she ended up with the rebellion.

Cheers,
    Wyo

5. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Well done! =D=

Verra verra good, Ish. Loved how the guy at the start freaked out and didn't understand her.

Good story. :)

6. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Wow. First you're the Tolkien of Alderaan and now you're the fan expert of Pink 5. I'm afraid, awed, and rolling on the floor all at once. :eek: [face_hypnotized] [face_laugh]

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    SpiritofEowyn--Well, no one really understands her. :p If there were girls in the Empire, they'd still be slightly intimidated to bits at points and scornful at others. That's what the misunderstood suffer. LOL, watch your tongue around my posse in LA.

Kidan--LOL, thanks! I try to get her down pat and it's with the help of the very nice man who doesn't (at least in front of my back) laugh himself silly at my questions. He actually gives me reasons for characterization that make sense.

WyoJedi--Thanks, Wyo! I love the way she is with the groupies as opposed to Buzz. Creating that dynamic was lots of fun. Glad you like the explanation. It came about very convolutedly.

DaenaBenjen42--Verra verra many thanks. Wouldn't you freak out if you had to translate Valleyspeak?

ThePariah--LOL, not quite. I just get to go "Um, I always wondered about..." and have someone tell me the answer, even if it's sometimes very roundabout, like, "Well, you know that by the end, Stacey's left nostril will have turned to the Dark Side, but on the way there..." LOL, that is a very funny combination.

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

LOL. LOL. LOL!!!

::dies from laughter::

That was pure hilarity, Ish!

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    *Joins Idrelle in dying*

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_skull][face_skull]

Oh, wow. I feel so sorry for the Rebels, there. Valley girl attacks!

10. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    So that's how she met up with the Alliance... Funny!

Loved the groupie thing! Oh, and the reference to a certain someone being booted out of the service for freeing a Wookiee, well done!

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Idrelle_Miocovani--LOL, no dying, Idri! Thanks!

RK_Striker_JK_5--That was strangely appropriate for emoticonism. Yeah, somewhat sorry for the Rebels. :)

dm1--Yes. I loved the whole groupie thing. It's a very exaggerated form of what I had when I was 16. I was the only girl in my orchestra that was the same age as these two really hot guys and they kept following me around and taking me out on dates because they liked having someone who shared their interest and was the same age. I called them my Entourage. I liked putting in the booting out because of a Wookiee. That was almost an afterthought because I was trying to figure out what they'd have heard through the rumor mills as well as reality. Thanks!

12. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I just showed the "Pink Five" movies to my middle child, he absolutely loved them! Another Pink Five fan....

13. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I haven?t had to carry my computer thingy in months and I?m acing all my classes because my entourage is so totally into me. Except for Egoboy. He?s one of the Alderwhatevers and likes to be a do-gooder because it turns his girlfriend on.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That's like so our girl.

(Dangerous idea -- let's blind-date her with a time-altered Ghent.)

?All stations, report in.?

?Cadet Janson at navigation, standing by.?

?Cadet Darklighter, acting first mate, standing by.?

?Cadet Klivian, acting second mate, at helm, standing by.?

?Stacey at the lookout thing, standing by.?

Another scene that had me cracking up. So they're stealing the ship and defecting. How cool! It's like the Hunt for Pink October. I hope that we'll get to see Stacey and Leia together.

Very, very :cool:

14. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Very funny how Pink 5 interacts with everyone. I love her nicknames for the pilots too. [face_laugh]

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    dm1--Oh, good! Start them young. ;)

divapilot--I liked doing this because it is so Stacey to be that self-involved, but other than Yoda, the Emperor and Vader, we haven't seen her around any men at all. We know her little relationship with Han, but don't get to see it "on-screen." Ghent/Stacey is very dangerous. Go tell Spiritofeowyn! LOL, don't give me ideas about Hunt for Pink October! On the matter of Stacey and Leia, I've been told that Stacey is a chronic near-misser--she always seems to arrive just after she needs to, like with Luke on Dagobah.

Lovely-in-Orange--Thanks! One of the nicknames came from Padawan_lunetta and I asked her permission to use it.

16. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] Oh, Ish, that was hilarious! Sorry I didn't come here earlier, sadly this thread wasn't very easy to find.

=D= Poor Rebellion. :D

Loved the "dude" thing. [face_laugh]

17. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    Pariah is right, you ARE the fan expert on all things Pink 5.

I loved the most of the nicknames, but I was a little confused about why you called Biggs "Furface".

I can't wait to read more of your Pink 5 fics.

Also I really need to check my PM mailbox more often, I only just now read the PM you sent me over a month ago.

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, you do need to check your PM box more often. I am "the fan expert" nominally and only because FX_guy, who is the creator/director/writer of Pink 5, is VERY very nice and patient and tells me when I'm off-base and answers most of my questions about characterization or background. I mean, God bless the poor guy for putting up with me. As soon as he responded to me on this one, I said I was going to be quiet for a while and then promptly got a plot bunny and sent him the result with my apologies. If you follow the production blog, you'll know how insanely busy they all must be! Biggs is Furface because of that mustache!

LOL, glad you enjoyed this so much. I sometimes feel like I overuse the "dude" thing, but one of my favorite things in Pink 5 Strikes Back is her saying Dude! about 6 times, in different inflections. :) Poor Rebellion indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.