main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Tale of a Jedi: Volume 1 - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by red rose knight, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    I am working on a new post, I almost have a first draft ready.

Sorry for the delay, I have been suffering from writer apathy all week. :(

2. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    [face_beg] Please red, can I have s'more?

3. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    *Wookiee hands ca_tron a chocolate bar, graham crackers and marshmallows*

*Wookiee looks at red's new icon.......MOMMY!!!!! :p [face_laugh]

4. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    [face_laugh]
    Thanks wookie.

5. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    obi ew?Oh oh! Ben'al has wronged a fellow padawan huh? ?? Yeah, shocking huh?

naw ibo? Luckily he chose someone(you) who could do him justice. ?? Thanks!

Froggy?hmmm, is this our ancient siri? ?? Hopefully, you will find that Amare and Siri share very little in common. ;)

ca tron? Is this his future wife? Wonder what he did to make her mad at him. ?? hmmm?

PadawanKitara? I take it back. they are very similair. History does have a tendency to reat itself. ?? We shall see. [face_devil]

dianethx? These are definitely not the new Jedi but the old! Excellent! ?? Thanks!

Wookiee? These Sith Witches sound like major bad mojo! ?? Oh, just a little bit? [face_laugh] Oh and by the way, fuzzball, you are one deranged wookiee!

Sorry about the long wait! Between writer apathy (which is worse than DWB by the way) and inspiration in an original story I have been neglecting my three little stories.

So here is the deal, none are forgotten. I have all of Volume 1 of ?Tale? drafted out and will do daily (or almost daily) posts to get it done in the next 7 or so days. After that I am going to focus on WK and Rem and try very desperately to get WK finished by the first of the year. I?ll be posting once or twice a week on Rem during the WK race and then attack it. My only other literary diversions will be following volumes of ?Tale?, expect a short Volume 2 sometime in December.

Whew!

Now off to polish up the next post of Tale. :) Thank you everyone for your patience.

6. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Chapter 3

Chill winds cut violently through the skywalk that connected the Governor?s Hall to the hangar. The gale threatened to overwhelm the dark energies that still claimed the long corridor. The sense of unseen agitation was potent, commanding the attention of the Paka Jedi who bound into the chamber, ready to take on any foe that awaited. After only a brief pause, the Jedi sank down into a crouched position, her large paws pressed against the black-mirrored marble.

Sollus Leeu, a lioness of the Fedha pride, crouched near the door as she carefully inspected the chamber both visually and through the Force. Her long silver mane danced in the wicked winds that moved about. Raising her nose to the brisk air, she sniffed about before rising to her full height, a position she was less as quick to defend herself in. Turning her head, she faced the window her sometimes obstinate padawan had escaped through.

?Amare,? slipped from the large master as she raced over the glass-covered floor. Her thick hind paw pads were protection enough from the colored shards. ?Padawan,? she whispered as she approached the window.

Her gingery fur shifted in the sharp breeze as she stared into the darkness below. Amare?s Force signature told her that the girl was on her way back up and that she was fine except for being very irritated. A weakness they would have to deal with in a calmer moment.

The fur on the back of her neck bristled. Powerful legs launched the lioness straight up in the air, wind cut through the light layers of her clothing as she reached out for the smooth column rising next to her.

Sharp claws dug into the marble as if it possessed the consistency of air, enabling her to cling to the lightly veined surface. Like all Paka, she possessed the ability to cut into almost anything with her iron-like claws. Her large, bare clawed feet helped balance her against the vertical pillar.

?A kitty,? a cruel voice purred from the mirrored floor below.

Sollus narrowed her gaze, familiar with the often derogatory term used to describe her race. A term used to minimalized the contributions her people?great warriors and strategists?had made to the galaxy. But worst of all, it was term used in the slave trade. Where for the unscrupulous few, Paka?s were turned into mere pets, chained and thrown into fighting arenas like mere animals.

In the end though, it was just a word. A simple word that could not physically wound nor change what she was.

?An enemy of the Light,? the Jedi replied as her amber eyes focused on the bold figure who radiated no fear below.

?I take that as a compliment,? the blond haired woman said as she casually pulled a blaster from her hip shoulder. Her locks were pulled back and plaited, draped over her black leather clad shoulder. The heavy blaster that looked too big for the young woman swung up as she aimed at the Jedi. Thick black make-up masked the flesh around her eyes hiding any visible change in expression. Her dark painted lips drew into a tight smile as she squeezed the trigger, shattering the silence as rounds of blaster bolts exploded against the pillar Sollus clung to.

Bounding through the orange blasts, the Paka leapt to the ceiling where she crawled across it, taking with her the young Sith follower?s attention. Through the Force, she sensed the other Jedi approaching as well as her own apprentice.

This young upstart had to be dealt with quickly.

The feline Jedi quickly vanished behind the safety of the colonnade on the other side of the corridor. Behind her, the high glass windows shattered under the barrage of wild shots.

?Come out! Come out wherever you are!? the humanoid woman called out as she produced a second blaster and slowly approached.

Sollus was familiar with her kind, low-level Force users who came from bad situations and were seduced by a powerful leader into doing his dirty work. More than that, she knew, this was not just any blind follower. This was one of Jathra?s Reavers. They were stripped of their fear, of hope,

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    WOW! :eek: You are doing such an amazing job painting us a vivid picture of how brutal life was back then. This is how I imagined it actually would have been back when the Sith numbered so many.

8. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Wooho! More! More!

9. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Wow indeed. You write really grandly, going deep into Starwars mythology.

I especially liked...The pillar cried out like a dying rancor.

10. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    WoooHooooo!! A postie! Yipeeeeee :D :D :D :D

Wow, red that was vivid! Sort of like the old West was to us slightly more civilized folk nowadays. :p

I can understand the purpose of "putting down" the low level Sith user, and would have to wonder if the Jedi we are so familiar with would so casually do this ?[face_plain]

``````
    btw: You knew very well when you took me on as your padawan that I was certifiable :D, but then I guess everyone has their wild and crazy moments [face_laugh]. I guess it's fortunate that as nutty as I am, I am at least soft and cuddly :cool: when I'm not wet and odiferous from Paddy's Pond :p

11. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    May I have some more, miss, please?::said in best "Oliver Twist" tone:: :D

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    She did try to give the woman a chance at redemption, but the method of death was quite brutal. In fact, it seems to have been accomplished with almost a casual attitude once she realized there was no chance to turn the sith back to the light.

13. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    obi ew?You are doing such an amazing job painting us a vivid picture of how brutal life was back then ?? Thanks! [face_blush] This story is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be since there is very little ?offical? information on the time period.

ca tron?Wooho! More! More! ?? Okay, another posty up and another tomorrow and tomorrow?

Keeper of Swords?Wow indeed. You write really grandly, going deep into Starwars mythology. ? I especially liked... The pillar cried out like a dying rancor. ?? Thank you very much!

Wookiee?You knew very well when you took me on as your padawan that I was certifiable , but then I guess everyone has their wild and crazy moments ?? Yes and you are a wonderful padawan. 8-} ::Quietly checks master/padawan contract for an escape clause::

naw ibo? May I have some more, miss, please? ::said in best "Oliver Twist" tone:: ?? Since you asked so nicely. And this one will actually be sort of light hearted and then things go downhill from there. [face_devil]

PadawanKitara?She did try to give the woman a chance at redemption, but the method of death was quite brutal. In fact, it seems to have been accomplished with almost a casual attitude once she realized there was no chance to turn the sith back to the light. ?? There will be a little more on that in this post. But attitudes are a little different when you re constantly on the front lines of a war.

Looky! Looky! Looky! Another post, 2 in 2 days! Whoo Hoo! And for the record (I just counted) there will be 10 more posts to this volume. Yikes!

Thank you again everyone. :)

14. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Chapter Four

The billowing white dust rolled out of the skywalk, through the windows and the wide doorways choking the air as the remainder of the Jedi team closed in on the corridor.

Swirls of the fine powder danced about as Kakasha Girn?s concerned voice tore through the strange silence of the fog. ?Sollus!? The fiery blue of his lightsaber cast an eerie glow against the particles that charged the air. ?Sollus!? he again called out, the powerful dark Force was like the dust in the air?it drowned out the light. A chill cut through the tall man and thinned the cloud of white as the Kashinai master sought about for his Paka counterpart. His long cloak shifted over the dusted mirror-like marble underfoot.

?I am here,? Sollus said softly from her crouched position near the Reaver?s body. Her amber eyes remained focused on the young woman?s empty gaze. A look of patient waiting graced the Jedi?s furred face.

The dust grew thin, carried by the stiff breeze that traveled through the shattered windows. Ever so slowly, the lioness became more visible.

Girn deactivated his saber as he drew close but never allowed his guard to slip. The dark energies still controlled the structure and nearly blinded his senses to the movement of so many foes.

Whatever residual Force signature the blond haired woman possessed had already dissipated leaving Girn to speculate that she was nothing more than a Reaver. ?You had no choice,? he calmly told her. He knew that Sollus understood this. ?You had to put her down. She would only have taken more innocent lives if allowed to live.?

?If you call politicians innocent.? The Paka absently brushed back the silvery wisps of her mane,

?It does not matter. She had made her choice and she suffered the repercussions of it.?

?I know,? Sollus flatly answered before smoothly rising to her feet. She was almost as tall as the Kashinai man. Her warm gaze met his emotionless white eyes. ?Yet, it did not make killing her any easier.?

Pushing through the thinning fog was the Bothan followed by Ben?al with weapons ablaze. The gruff Horus held his pale blue lightsaber high above his head, the electric light splashed over the immediate area, glinting across blood and the occasional shards that were not coated in powdered marble.

Behind him, Ben?al deactivated his jade green blade and Master Girn saw the brief look of introspection as the apprentice quickly scanned his surroundings. A mischievous grin lit the golden haired youth?s handsome face as he rushed to the first of the shattered windows.

?Anywhere in the galaxy and I would know that signature,? he whispered as he clipped the silver saber hilt to his utility belt. Pulling back the wide sleeves of his creamy outer tunic, revealing the deep reddish-brown of the under tunic, he pressed both hands to the cool metal window frame just as thin, ivory fingers reached up and grabbed the edging.

The white lights of the surrounding city glittered in his bright blue eyes as he leaned over the edge and flashed a charming grin. ?Hello, Amare,? he purred.

?Touch me and I will stab you with my lightsaber,? the lavender-eyed Jedi growled as she pulled herself up onto the ledge with a soft grunt. Still Ben?al did not back off, offering her a helping hand, which was rewarded by a threatening look from the female padawan.

Holding his hands up in an innocent display, he laughed as he retreated a few steps. ?Please, you cannot still be mad about??

?Mad? No, I?m not mad,? Amare sharply replied as she perched herself on the metal ledge for a moment. Her pale gaze focused on him before she hopped down onto the glass littered floor. ?Hurt and embarrassed, but not mad,? she added while straightening her tunic layers.

Girn idly watched the scene before looking back at the quiet Paka next to him. He smiled, giving a rich laugh. ?No matter what we go through, it is good to see that some things will never change.?

The words inspired a smile from Sollus. The lioness retracted her sharp claws before pressing her paw

15. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    *Bouncing Wookiee*

Whee 1st reply!!!!!!!!

?Yet, a part of me is grateful for Houk?s intervention. I may not have had a padawan otherwise.?

*nose twitching* Ooooooooohhhhhhhh, I smell another story - flashback time??!!! You know what actually comes to mind is the story of the little boy who likes the little girl and so he pulls her braid and taunts her :p hehehe kids!

It is interesting red how you have portrayed this image of the Paka killing the Sith. I get the feeling that even though the Jedi of this age do not condone killing any more than those of the age we are so familiar with, they are "quicker on the trigger" because of their environment: more dangerous, more brutal. I could see where having numerous Sith to contend with rather than just two would cause this atmosphere. On the flip side, the Jedi we are familiar with are more subtle, more tuned to the politics. This lies directly in the same path since if there are only two Sith, they would have to be more sneaky, more devious (coughpoliticiancough). Nice explanation.

btw: the Master/padawan contract is air-tight - my lawyer said so [face_laugh] you're stuck with me :D :D :p

16. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    I will be surprised if Amare is NOT Ben's futer wife. Great attitudes that the past Jedi demonstrate even in life-threatening situations. I wish that our Jedi could be that way too.

17. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    SOllus wasn't quite as callous about it as I first believed. But Master Girn seemed to have that attitude. I suppose when you have been fighting the SIth for centuries, the death of one more sith isn't something to regret. Just re-group and move on.

I agree with your padawan- do we get a back story on their (not so) loving relationship??

18. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Wookiee?I get the feeling that even though the Jedi of this age do not condone killing any more than those of the age we are so familiar with, they are "quicker on the trigger" because of their environment: more dangerous, more brutal. ?? Hmm?some things about these Jedi of old are very different from the Jedi we are familiar with and other things?well, you will just have to wait and see.

ca tron?I will be surprised if Amare is NOT Ben's futer wife. ?? [face_mischief] You will just have to wait and see.

PadawanKitara?do we get a back story on their (not so) loving relationship?? ?? Yes, there will be more on what happened, but it will probably be in the next volume, the Jedi are about to become a little too busy to ponder the past right now. :D

[face_shocked] I think I scared almost everyone off. Oh well, a new posty up in a moment and off to work on tomorrow?s.

19. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Chapter Five

A great huff sounded in the quiet as Horus Juurmon stared at the high arching door, the pinnacle framed with translucent Kintian crystal. The mesmerizing blue glittered in the bright overhead lighting as he stared up at the lavish decorations with disgust; thinking of the aid to suffering words that could have been provided for the cost of a simple doorway.

A part of him that would never admit it publicly believed that it served the greedy politicians right to be slaughtered for such gross misuse of public funds.

The dark energies were moving.

?I am getting to old for this,? he growled out loud.

Passing by the stationary Jedi, Amare quickly closed in on the gateway to the docking bays. A large grip quickly brought her to a stop as Horus tightened his hand around her arm and roughly pulled her back with a startled gasp.

?Do not be in such a rush, girl,? he said but did not release his hold of her arm. ?Going in there blind is a sure way to get yourself killed.?

?But the Chancellor??

?Is still alive,? Horus replied in a less gruff tone. ?If Jathra wanted him dead, he would be laid out on the ballroom floor.?

Amare narrowed her gaze but after a brief pause deferred to the experienced master with a slight nod. Her long gray hair shifted and feathered from the tight leather strap that held the strands away from her face as she slipped from his grip and withdrew a step.

Sensing his companions draw close, he pushed forward, focusing on what lay before him while knowing his back was covered. His heavy, callused hand tightened around the brushed silver and black of his lightsaber hilt. The weapon was comfortable in his grip, possessing a familiarity that came with years of use. Under the sensitive tips of his fingers, was the roughness of the carved lettering. The vertical scrawl was cut deep into the metal, but laid out in a careful, meticulous manner that allowed the ancient lettering to become a part of the weapon and not just graffiti on the casing.

It had once belonged to his master and all he knew of the weapon was that it too had been handed down and that it was called the Prak?sha. The meaning of the words had passed on into the realm of the forgotten, written in the dead tongue of Benedaact?the language of the Bendu monks who had founded the Jedi Order?few could read.

He could only imagine what the script was, most likely a blessing of some sort. Someday he would divine the answer?when there was time. When he could retire to the quiet of the Temple Archives and spend his time researching the history of the lightsaber.

For now, it was not the time to ponder the history of the ancient weapon. There was too much at stake to become distracted with silly things that held little meaning in the long run.

Marching into the large, circular chamber, the Jedi scanned his surroundings for the lingering threat as he visually examined the room. Marble and carpet, crystal chandeliers and the finest Alderaani furniture in the galaxy decorated the chamber. More wasted opulence, the master thought. Then his attention fell to the remnants of agony that imbedded the carpeted floor, the tile walls and even the elegant bar and stools made from the aged and red stained wood of a Naboo yarel. A soundless scream hung in the invisible energies, a life suddenly, brutally snuffed out. The memory was still powerful in the chamber.

The eerie silence of the interstellar terminal was striking in its calmness. Unlike most places he had been since the siege began, the floors were not littered with corpses. The party guests had not made it far from the ballroom before being cut down. The chamber, with its plush seating and the Miapre stone desk, cut in a large round shape in the center of the lounge and covered with intricate carvings of Zren patterns was another jewel in Jival Serris? crown of the Governor?s Manse. The Bith had created the elegant setting to tend to and entertain various personages as they waited for their ships to be readied.

Brief fluctuations in the

20. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I'll be back later to say more, but that ending...evil author!! :p

21. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    *Wookiee comes running in and slides to a stop a mere centimeter from the edge of a cliffie :eek:*

UhOh, everyone buckle up, the infamous red RollerCoaster Ride complete with multiple cliffhangers has begun :D

yay! another postie tomorrow :D :D :D

22. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    *grabs onto bungee cord* Ummm Red, did I forget to tell you I get sick on rollercoasters.

We finally meet up with the Prak'sha. I was shocked to read that the ability to decipher the carvings/writings on the hilt had all ready been long lost at this early date. I guess when you're dealing with Bendu/Jedi, time/date is realtive...

23. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Oh there she goes again! ANOTHER cliff hanger. :D

24. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    JadeSolo?but that ending...evil author!! ?? Who, me? [face_mischief]

Wookiee?red RollerCoaster Ride complete with multiple cliffhangers ?? Multiple? Just a few?dozen or so. [face_devil] I am really getting into the whole evil author thing. [face_laugh]

PadawanKitara?We finally meet up with the Prak'sha. I was shocked to read that the ability to decipher the carvings/writings on the hilt had all ready been long lost at this early date. I guess when you're dealing with Bendu/Jedi, time/date is realtive... ?? Not to worry, it will get remembered?eventually. In future volumes.

naw ibo? Oh there she goes again! ANOTHER cliff hanger. ?? Gotta keep you hooked somehow. ;)

Wow, four days in a row! Do you think I can go for five? I am kind of getting into the writing daily thing again. :) Thanks for the kind replies!

25. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Chapter Six

?On your guard,? Kakasha Girn said as he brought his weapon up defensively, moving to the forefront of the group. His white eyes searched the shadows behind the glow of red lightsabers as he positioned himself as if a living shield between the threat and the two padawans.

Ben?al?s irritation was palpable through their shared training bond as the apprentice quickly shifted a few steps to the side opening himself to respond to any kind of attack. Even as a child, he had been reticent to be sheltered in battle. Drawing his weapon to the side, his intense gaze pushed beyond the red, watching?feeling?the shadows move.

Warning surged through the Force as a wild shriek tore through the lounge, jarring the Jedi to his bones. The battle cry was a diversion, meant only to draw attention from the sudden flurry of movement, the near silent footsteps gliding over the marble floor.

Moving with god-like speak, the golden haired padawan spun about, the green of his blade slicing through the tension that possessed the chamber. He drove the tip of the weapon through a sword-carrying adept. A very good one, he thought as he kicked the masked Sith back, he had almost missed the attack. ?Watch behind you!? he called out as the other Jedi moved to intercept more attackers that had closed in around them.

?Should have run while you had the chance,? a scratchy voice hissed as the shrouded figure of a Fury leapt from the shadows, throwing herself at Amare. An infuriated cry ripped from the purple veiled face of the Sith as her attack was blocked by the Corellian padawan.

Amare grunted as she pushed the powerful witch back and tried to attack only to be captured in mighty block.

The Force swirled and exploded at the command of Sollus Leeu. ?Back Ater!? she growled striking the Sith with a powerful Force shove that sent the mess of tangled black flying through the air.

Turning swiftly, the Paka Jedi waved her paw sending several more shadowed figures across the room where they smashed into the walls with sickening thuds. ?Move!? she ordered her companions, motioning them toward the wide door at the back of the chamber leading to the bays.

Through the thin purple veil, Ater?s red pained lips drew into a cruel smile as she moved to block the two female Jedi?s escape. ?A kitty and a kiddie,? she rasped. Red light splashed across the scene as the Fury raised her weapon.

Ben?al slowed, glancing back at the two Jedi and the Fury. A pulse through the Force drew his attention to his own master.

?They can handle her,? Girn said as he met Sollus? even stare. He silently tipped his chin to her. ?Focus on the mission, Padawan. The Chancellor?s life is at stake.?

Black shrouded figures closed in on the door the Jedi were moving toward, blocking it.

One man, Ben?al wordlessly thought has he hacked and slashed his way through the beings that stood between he and the accomplishment of his mission.

How can one life be so important?

But he knew the answer. The political turmoil that would rise up as so many strove to gain the power of the Chancellor?s position would throw the Republic into chaos.

Driving his weapon forward, he stabbed at a tall alien. As the creature fell backward, his saber tumbled to the carpeted section of flooring. The Jedi reached out, calling the weapon to him. The silver hilt shifted, rolled a little and finally flew to his hand with no small amount of effort. The frustration from allowing such a weakness to be visible manifested itself when he almost missed the two projectiles thrown at him. Lightning quick reflexes helped him bound out of the way but not before the first throwing knife tore through the shoulder of his tunic. The sting of sliced flesh bit into in concentration as he deflected the other with the side of his green blade.

Engaging the Sith?s lightsaber, he wielded red and green with a spectacular succession of moves as he drove through the Sith disciples clearing a path to the door. Crimson sliced high beheading the foe as jade severed hand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.