side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Jedi Tam

Dark Jedi Tam Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2000
    Well, I started this story *my lame one at that* over at Jedi.net. So I guess I'll post it here too and see what type of a reaction I get! Sorry Gimpy if I seem a bit redunant!

2. Dark Jedi Tam

Dark Jedi Tam Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2000
    The Tale of Two

Kivutar snorted in frustration and fear. This had been her fourth night in hiding in the deep jungle world of Jharn. Normally she would not have to hide, but not, at this time, her own species has given her the title of traitor. Kivutar, like all other Trandoshans, had been raised to believe in a religion. A Scorekeeper, to be exact, who put a tally on all the deeds of ones life upon her altar, and upon the time of death, the Keeper would bestow an honor eternally fulfilling. To Kivutar, this belief is ludicrous. From all her travels she had been on, she realized that there were thousands upon thousands of different religions. Each quite bizarre from the others, but never the less, the sentient believed them with every fiber of their souls. Kivutar shook her large reptilian head; no religion seemed worth the effort, especially believing in some ?scorekeeper?. Another battle between Kivutar and her species was the hatred expressed toward the Wookies. Trandoshans seemed to despise the peaceful creatures, on terms only they could explain. Kivutar found nothing wrong with them at all, and the fact that her own species aided the Empire in turning Wookies into slaves enraged her. Kivutar, because of her different beliefs, was exiled off her home world, where she recently joined the Rebellion to aid the rescue of the Wookies. This was her grievous error. Word spread quickly of a rogue Trandoshan female was spotted on the planet Kashyyk, transporting a cargo of Wookies in a small ship. It did not take the Trandoshans long to figure out who it was, and a high bounty was placed on Kivutar?s head.

Kivutar shuddered. She never thought herself as a rogue or traitor. Was it wrong to help those in need? Never, she thought, only to those who are ignorant. In which case, my entire race.

Kivutar squinted out into the night air. She knew there was someone out in the brush, waiting for her to make a move. Using her infrared lenses in her eyes, Kivutar scanned the surrounding area, making sure that no one was around. Satisfied that she was the only living creature in the area, she left her temporary hideout and walked forward, being careful to walk in the shadows. From behind, a soft rustle of leaves was heard. Kivutar stopped then ducked into a large thick fern, peering out again. A small creature moved out from underneath some twigs and leaves, pausing a moment and staring at the Trandoshan, then moving onward in search of food. Kivutar clenched her teeth together then hissed a curse, this was the second time that happened tonight. She realized how panic ridden she was.

Kivutar drew in a breath, then released it, hoping to calm her nerves. For the last few days there had been a bizarre feeling to the atmosphere, as if there were another presence there with her. A few times, when the wind shifted, she could smell an odor of another being, but she figured that was because of her paranoia. Kivutar wondered who it was that might be stalking her. She knew of a few hunters? names, most just minor hunters she encountered while in the Rebellion. The hunter she was most familiar with was Bossk, for he too was a Trandoshan. But the air she felt did not feel like it was her own species; it felt far more deadly. And she also realized that who or whatever it was, it was toying with her, seeing just how much panic and fear it could inspire before making its deadly attack.

"But it won?t take me easily," Kivutar hissed, her tongue flicking out in anger. That was one of the advantages of being a Trandoshan, her size and her incredible strength. Of course, it would help to understand who this hunter was so Kivutar could estimate how difficult the situation was, but that time would come indeed.

Once again Kivutar rose and began walking through the think vegetation. Thoughts poured into her mind that if she were caught, what would her kind do to her? It was obvious that she was wanted alive and unharmed, that could be the reason that she had survived thus far. Another shiver raced through her

3. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Im not joking around with this topic.

Last night I got an email from Glenn Thomas, who is known here as Avenue. Av and me live pretty close to one another, and have slowly been building a friendship over the last few weeks.
    He may hate me for saying this in the forum, but I believe that we are more than just a bunch of isolated strangers makin movies and trying to get ideas from each other. We're a team, a group of friends, and sort of a family of filmmakers who build each other up and support the work that we do. So im writing this so we can support Glenn, because hes one of us.
    Glenns father past away 3 weeks ago, leaving him on his own. Glenn was happy enough to be able to talk to his father for close to an hour before he died, and said that he was in high spirits. Glenns father has joined his mother now, and Glenn is firmly looking to the future.
    Av, my friend, My thoughts and prayers go with you. Im looking forward to meeting you in person, and having more phone calls and chats with you, as you help us with One Force. if u need to chat, you know the number!

Your friend
    Craig "Scream Man" Moore
    "I promise you, today you will be with me in Paradise"
    -Jesus Christ, Luke 23:43

4. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    I would also like to take this opportunity to offer my deepest condolences to Glenn.

I have always felt a strong bond to many of the people here which goes beyond technical advice and feedback. Over the past week or so, I have quickly warmed to him after seeing his website etc, and he then watched my film, and we since have had several enjoyable chats on related subjects.

I sincerely hope that this friendship will grow, and am sure I speak for everyone when I say that our thoughts and prayers are with him.

Saeed

5. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Av-
    I just can't imagine. Even though I'm in the US, let me know if there's anything I can do to help out. Please accept my deepest condolences - I'll definately be praying for you for strength in the midst of the grief. It's something no one should have to go through. I wish you all the best...and the grace to endure.
    -Lokmer

6. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    Av - 22 years ago, my father died of cancer. I was 16. My mom had died of it when I was 4. It's been tough. I miss them everyday. But by the grace of God, I have survived. I am now looking at the adorable face of my son and now that his grandfather would be proud of me and him.

I'm telling you all this to hold you up, my friend. It's tough now, I know. And it won't be okay for awhile. But you WILL get through it. And hopefully, with good friends like the ones you have on this board, you will get through it easier. Just remember that last hour. Remember the times you had with him and KNOW he's proud of you and loves you very much. As do we all.

S.O.

7. Avene

Avene Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    Thank you all for your concern, it really means a lot. I just wish Craig got my name right, as there's no U in Avene! The name was my grafitti tag from when I was a youngster. It was nearly all legal work I did though. I originally just wrote Advent, but changed a couple of letters and it became Avene.

Anyway, yeah, the past month has been a bit tough, but I'm getting by alright. Thankful that I got a chance to say goodbye to my dad. Plus, everyone's been really supportive which has made things easier. Now it's just a matter of getting all the legal matters out of the way. There shouldn't be any problems.

Thanks again.

8. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    *slaps his head*
    stupid me...Il remove the U in my own name as soon as I...wait theres no u in my name. Ill just remove something else in accordance
    from
    the Scram Man

9. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    I too, would also like to take this opportunity to offer my deepest condolences to Glenn.

Be strong brother. You will be in my prayers tonight. May Gods light shine down on you.

Jeff Vitkuske
    aka Darth Milarc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.