main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Talent Pool

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Magellan_the_Cat, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Is there a forum for "I need people to help with ____" anywhere here? I'm just curious, because it seems to me that we have an awful lot of people here that could work together to make even better movies.

Is there a place where people can sign up and say "I'm willing to work _________"?

2. Jedikes1138

Jedikes1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2003
    "I need people to help with making my fanfilm for me."

"I'm willing to work for pay."

:p

Eh, I can imagine it might get out of hand. But it's not a bad idea. It seems to be one of those threads that should be up there with the social thread and the "How to make lightsabers" thread.

3. JediMattster1

JediMattster1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2004
    You bet there are willig people out here, I count for one. This is probably the only forum I know about that can give people the opportunity to ask for help. As long as involves After Effects, it might just be something I can handle...

4. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Durb's database has a lot of said information in it. You could look up and contact people if you had problems in specific.

The nasty things about fanfilms and FX work is that every aspect involves a LOT of time... so people are often hesitant to volunteer their services - though a lot of advice goes around for free.

-Spiff

5. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    Thanks Spiff!
    Check my sig to see what he's talking about. I think you'll find it very helpfull...

6. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    Yes, something like that. Only even bigger!

It only works if people know about it.

:D

7. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    Well, dude, in all fairness, it's brand new.
    The reason it's unpopulated now is because it's new.

Getting in now means you'll be in on the ground floor.
    And, I got and accepted your submission. Welcome aboard!

I assure you, if something bigger and better existed already, I would not have wasted 3 months on this project. :D It's growing everyday, and there are at least 2 big new linkages that will ensure this site will be what you expect of it.

Gotta give it time.

Suffice to say this much. If you're looking for a talent pool, anyone and everyone from TFN who is interested is in this database already. The one's looking for work, and the one's seeking talent were the first to jump in.

Again, I will say here, if anyone has any other information they would like to add to the database, please do so.

8. spoil_me_w-ep3

spoil_me_w-ep3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2003
    exactly.

durb's thingamajig is teh man.

9. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Jedikes1138 has a point. if we had a sticky thread at the top, it would probably prevent some newbs from asking the questions that annoy us all...

10. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    sticky thread: "if your new, read this and your questions will be answered"

links to duality, how to make sabers, etc, etc :D (not to mention the DB of course ;))

11. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    Cool. I didn't know how long it'd been in operation. Glad you care enough to put that kind of work into it. So many would have stopped 1/2 way.

Good luck to us all.

I doubt many newbies would read a "Read this first before asking dumb questions" thread. Eh, worth a try.

:D

12. VengeanceGOD

VengeanceGOD Jedi Master star 3

Nov 25, 2003
    If you need a talent pool, try your local chapter of the 501st. I know some people have had trouble with the 501st not wanting to respond in the past, but I got a lot of good responses from people who want to help out, either in costume as troopers or just with production stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.