main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Tales from the Ice Plains II: Shadow of Ice

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarkJediTJ, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Daze walked endleslly through the maze of the base... it was absolutely huge! Every corridor led to 2 others, doors opening up to huge hall like rooms. The base was swarming with people, many which were of races he never saw before. No one took particular notice, with the warm fur coat on, he looked like any other member of this 'rebellion' out there. But he did, however, notice someone following him. No matter where he went, what turn he took, the officer was always behind him, whether he was trying to pretend to talk to someone or look through some files... the man kept a constant eye for Daze. It was what he had expected, he didn't plan for his little 'adventure' to go unseen.

Finally Daze gave up the search, he had found nothing of any interest to him. He was no closer to finding out what these people's real intentions were. And he thought, the best way to get answers was through this man named Reco. Not to mention, he was lost. He turned a corner and waited for the man that was following him to turn his way. It didn't take long for him to notice Daze, standing there against the wall, staring at him.

"Hey you!" Daze called out

"Who... me?" the small man asked looking around nervously. He just realised him cover was blown.

"Yeah you, the one that has been following me all this time. I want you to take me back to Reco, the one that presumably ordered you to follow me" Daze answered back, trying to get the upper hand with this man.

"Sir, I don't know what you're talki-" he spoke as Daze, at that moment, interupted him.

"Sure you do! Now do you want the pointless debate to continue or should I just go looking for him myself... Dont your think it would be easier if you just showed me the way?" Daze replied back, obviously threatening.

"Ye, Yes sir. Follow me please." the man said quietly, knowing he had no other option.

"See! Now wasn't that easy!" Daze said back, in a tone that might have seemed insulting to others. This man obviously didn't care, he looked like a minor, a paid minion that was use to being always ordered around.

They started walking, he didn't think it would take long to reach their desired destination. He needed some answers and most of all, he wanted his ship back.

Tag: JarJar

2. JarJar120

JarJar120 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    "Sir, the transports are here!" Yelled a man as he ran for the bay doors, "There being atacked!" Reco jumped out of his chair. He ran strait for the doors, he saw the fighters, Ties, about six. "Get the squadron up there!" yeld Reco. "Ion control, do you see the star distroyer?" Reco yelled into his com. "Yes sir, were targiting now." said a man from the cannon control room. "Good, fire at will." said Reco, The huge cannon turnd locked into position, and fired. Reco waited for the word, "Sir Its a hit!" yelled the man. "Good, stay alert." Reco looked up to see the explosion. Then the X-wings came out, the ties were distroyed, and the transports came down. Reco ran back to the droid. "We gotta get the sheld jenarator up. And maby a radio jammer to, is that posible?" asked Reco, out of the corner of his eye Reco saw Daze walk into the hanger.

Tag:TJ, and Damir

3. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    Daze and his new guide entered the main hangar and the commosion hit him like a flying snowball. People were running around in a frenzy of either excitement or fear but Daze couldn't tell. The hangar's huge doors were open and beyond them Daze saw some sort of battle happening. He looked closer and he could swear he saw TIE fighters. They were TIE fighters! The Empire was obviously here. 'Oh crap, what did I get myself into now!' Daze thought to himself.

The last of the TIE fighters went down by the persouing X-Wings and he saw that they were protecting something. Some transports landed on the bay infront of the hanger. Daze needed answers, and quick! He walked to over where Reco was talking to a droid and yelling out orders. Daze stood infront of him but Reco seemed to take no notice, so he abruptly interupted him.

"Reco! Please tell me what the heck is going on around this place!" Daze yelled out to him, trying to make his voice heard over the hundred others in the large room. Reco suddenly looked at him, a little stunned from Daze's violent outburst. A few people around him looked at him suspiciously too, but soon continued on with their work. "Tell me Reco, what is it?"

4. JarJar120

Jan 27, 2002
    "Ok, come with me, you to." Reco said, he wlked out of the hanger. the two followed. Reco walked throug a maze of tunles, most man would get lost on the way, which is why Reco trusted Daze, the droid probly knew were they were going. Thay came to a door, Reco walked up and typed in the code to it, thay walked in, Reco typed in the code to another door, he walked into a rather small room. Only a few people were here, all in officer uniforms, most looking at computer screens. "3-C2, you might know were we are, but to tell you the truth, Im not exactly shore what goes on in here. Have a seat," Reco waved at some cushined chairs. "Ok. You whant to know whats going on here, you came to the rong guy, becuse, onistly, I don't know. Not yet atlest. You see, the first time the Alliance came to Hoth, thay found something. Thay weren't shore what it was, and thay had to leave before thay could find out. Then thay sent anouther force, this time to reserch there find. Thay got as far as finding out it was some sort of metal. Thay couldn't get samples, and again had to evacuate the base." Reco looked at a moniter screen, "Now thay sent us in, but our orders are totaly differnt. We are to set up the base, get it back to its former glory. And find a ship." Reco looked back at the two. "A ship that is marked at older than the Old Republic. A ship from another Galixy maybe, I dont know. So, untill thay tell us more, thats what we know." Reco looked at Daze, and whated for a reply.

Tag:Daze, and TJ

5. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    Daze stared at Reco as a million thoughts rushed through his head. There was more going on this base then he first expected... these Rebels got themselves into more trouble then just the Empire. What Reco told him flew through his mind, he had a hundred questions to ask but first he contemplated what was just said.

"So you're saying that a spaceship, OLDER then the Old Republic crash landed on Hoth and it was first found by the Alliance before they had to evacuvate, and now you're here to re-establish the base and find this lost ship?" Daze said in disbeiefe. "I don't understand, why do you have to 'get the base back to its former glory' and what were those transports I saw land, that were attacked by those TIE fighters? And the Old Republic was over a thousand years old before it collapsed, how could a spaceship venture this far into the Outer Rim back in those days?" Daze enquired once again, the questions that were going through his head fllowed out.

6. JarJar120

Jan 27, 2002
    "Like I said, for now thats all I know. The Ties, well thats esey, the Emperels found out we were here. I'm pretty shore thay know less about this planit than we do, and about that Republic thing, I'v bin wondering about that since thay told me. Same with the base, as far as Im consernd this entire planit can be distroyed, and it wouldn't make any differince." Said Reco, he looked at Daze, he could aee the confusion in his eyes. He looked at the droid, "Did you know of any of this?"Asked Reco.

Tag:everyone

7. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    OOC: We need more players!!! Come one people.... TJ, where are you?!

8. DarkJediTJ

DarkJediTJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 26, 2000
    OOC: Sorry figuring out the meaning of life... Ok I was on a camp... Sorry! Should stop taking break heh?

IC: 3-C2 had been ignoring the fact of the rest of the base calling for him for awhile now he was plotting the distance that it might take too the crash site and how long it would take for the transports too carry the proper equitment from the Base to the Crash site so that he could set up a science base on the crash site. He had finished making the plans and slowly hobbled out of the locked basement scinece facility and started heading back to the ground floor.

OOC: We need baddys! With an ! on the Bad!

9. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    I am a baddy Sorry I couldn't post. I have too much school and I sort of forgot I was in this. What is going on right now?

10. DarkJediTJ

Dec 26, 2000
    BADDY BADDY! YIPEE!

Ok well its very simple your the only baddie so you can start your story from the Empire Base what ever you want to call it. Um... yeah your the comander also so Go ahead!

11. JarJar120

Jan 27, 2002
    TJ I just ask you a question, and you then say you are in a totaly differint room!?!?!?! How DARE YOU!!!!

IC:Reco looked at were the droid had bin sitting, he was gone! "Hay, Call him back up here will you." Reco said to one of the men in the room. "Did you see him leave?" Reco asked.

Tag:Damar

12. DarkJediTJ

Dec 26, 2000
    IGNOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

13. DarkJediTJ

Dec 26, 2000
    OOC: heheheheh! I can Move like GREASE LIGHTNING!

IC:

The Droid Snow seeming in Two halves... (lol) ...Scruyed back to his seat, hoping that nobody would have noticed his Absence. he looked at Recon Blankly. "I'm sorry could you please repeat? Older did you say that is completely and utterly Impossible! I programed with the complete History files of hoth so that we may survive here but there has never been any record of hoth before Echo Base was set up atleast not for the Old Republic!"

The droid was stunned, he wondered about the Design of the ship. Could it be posible that? no...

14. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    Daze stared blankly from Reco to the droid. Seemingly, this little crash was getting more and more interesting by the minute. A ship found that is older then the Old Republic all the way out here offered Daze unlimited possibilities. He would love to see what this ship was made off, where had it come from and most importantly... how could Daze profit from it. It was bound to have new technology or even early version of the hyperdrive, who know what vital information could be pulled from it. He could not let this slip from under his fingers. He had to get involved.

"So what are you waiting for? Why don't you go and examin this ship?" Daze said to Reco and an ominous pause filled the air, and finally Daze said "You know, I've been working in a salvage yards for ship all my life and I know nearly every model and part to have existed," He said, exadurating a bit, but of course to his own benefit "SO what do you say, I come with you?" He stated rather then asked Reco as if he were doing Reco a favour. Reco just stared back at him...

TAG: Reco

15. DarkJediTJ

Dec 26, 2000
    The Droid Hesitated for a second... Trusting Smugglers was not what he liked to do but he had the Experties. He look at Reco then back at Daze. he didn't know what too say but he handed a sheet of paper too Reco.

Instruction Plans for Science Base, Base Splendid.

Rooms:
    -Research: Data Extraction
    -Research: Metal Identifacation
    -Research: Blue Printing
    -Main quarters: Circle hall
    -Transportation: Light Transport, Hanger.

ETC: five days (for Research and Main Quarters) and 24 hours (for the Transportation hanger)

16. DarkJediTJ

Dec 26, 2000
    "These are the Plans for the new Science Fasility all we need is your command And we'll start. with all of our Engineers on it will be done in just over five days" The droid said "Ah Please do tell me when you are ready or if you have any other Querys about things stuck in the Ice." He glared at the Smuggler and then got up and left the room.

17. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    Daze thought hard. Things still didn't make sense to him, but he had a feeling they would unravel themsleves soon. He waited upon Reco's reply on his going with the group to see the old ship. He felt Reco didn't fully trust him, but personlly he didn't really care. Soon, he would be out of this freezing planet and back to doing his business... and that reminded him. What about his own ship? It must be buried in a dune of snow by now.

"Hey Reco! What about my ship, will your men be able to recover it and possibly bring it back here into the base?" Daze spontaniously asked. He was already counting on going on this mission with the rebels, but he needed to know. Daze stared at Reco as he waited for a reply...

18. JarJar120

Jan 27, 2002
    OOC: sorry guys, restriction.

IC: Reco looked at Daze. "Thats under control, thay already have it on the sleds." Reco turnd to the droid, "Youu knew about all this!? How long have you known of the location?" Reco asked, he looked at the droid,"And why did you hold it back from me?"

Tag:TJ

19. DarkJediTJ

Dec 26, 2000
    "We had had it on the Scanners Afew times but we never thought of it being anthing Big, I noticed when all others were gone it was older then we thought. I didn't think it was of RElivance. If you want any other Information I can not think of any at the moment but just ask if you need it."

20. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    Daze felt the droid knew more then he was saying... but he wasn't going to interigate him anymore. He wanted to get a move on, after all, he had a business meeting to attend to.

"So, what do you say we get started on our 'expedition'?" He said to Reco, clapsing his hands together, looking at his blankly.

Tag: JarJar

21. DarkJediTJ

Dec 26, 2000
    "Two Light Transports Will carry yourself and the Engineers while the other two Will carry the nessasary Supplies. Report every day and keep the base intouch with whats going on..." Said the Droid handing a data pad to Reco, Then he scanned Daze and handed him one aswell. "...I prosume that you are well Equipt with Technolgy, you will be watching the Research. Reco Will only be there for the Remainder of the Construction, You will stay there until Further notice."

TAG: JarJar and Damir

OOC: Hmm... I had an Idea, Ok I will be starting up a Empire Charicter ontop of my Republic Charicter just too Fill the void in the No conflict thing! It might Atrack more people too if we have Baddies.

Name: 3-C3
    Team: Empire
    Weapon: Light Blaster
    Skill type: Chief of negotiations
    Job: Management Droid for Empire
    Speices: Droid (V-Seires)
    Ship: N/A
    Items: Light Blaster
    Bio: 3-C3 was Brought in by the Empire to Look after the Base while the empire base was not in use. he Looks after the Base and Even though he is a droid Enjoy the thrill of Crushing things and Destruction.

---------------------------------------------
    Pipier Base: Sector 7 War room
    ---------------------------------------------

3-C3 Looked around the small room, in the Center of it was the hologram board, it was not showing any signs of life but through the signs he had seen over the last few weeks he new that the Republic had taken interest in the old Echo Base again, Power reading were starting too re emeger from there and Scouts had Reported sightings. But nothing had interested him the most besides the convos that now wondered through the Blinding Blizzard, he desided it was time to Get the Place back up and running. He Grabbed his Data pad and was soon online too the Empire, Requesting Reenstatment.

22. JarJar120

Jan 27, 2002
    Reco sat in the set next to Daze. "Ok, we need to work fast and get shelters up before night. Then we can start building." said Reco to the crew. "And remember don't stray to far from the transports." Reco looked out the front veiw port, thay were almost there.

TAG: whever.

23. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    sorry again. i was gone for a week camping. i will finnaly get started.

IC: Jase Terran was in the small Imp base on Hoth that used to be for weapon technology. This place had been there for a long time. When Imp spys got reports of New Republic activity, he was assigned to this base and it was now used for monatering the enemy.

"Sir, we have sensor readings of a very old ship. Older than the Old Republic." said one of the workers.

Jase responded," Why did we not locate it before?"

"I guess it was covered with snow and uncovered by recent wind storms."

"Send a probe droid out. I think that it might just be of interest to the Rebels. And if so, then it must be of interest to us."

24. DarkJediTJ

Dec 26, 2000
    IC: 3-C3

"Sir I sujest you reconsider, A spy would be better, or sensors, we could use them too get our information." The droid said turning too Jase and staring at him as if too say, Your wrong, I'm right let me do it.

IC: 3-C2

The Protical Droid sat in the War room staring at the scanners, The transports represented as green dots moved toward the blue dot Labled Nav point Alpha. they soon had reached it and he got his first transmission. "Hey C2, Yeah yah Luck son of a nerf. Its Bloody Freezing out here! But we arrived, The Workers are starting on Small shelters too last us the night, It shouldn't take long, only an hour or so, you copy? Over."

"Yes Master Reco, I copy, There should be a cliff near by, it will make it Stustantully easier too build the shelters and I also sujest you start build the Research center ontop of the Ship making it easier too get things from the ship. Build over it using pole too elevate it. It might take abit longer but it will make everything alot more easier when you start construcking."

25. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    Daze walked around the base of operations quickly, it was freezing out here... he needed to keep his body warm. The few men worked quickly, setting up camp around the base... on a world like this, there wasn't much sun thoughout the day so darkness was coming soon. He still hadn't seen the ship but he had a feeling he was about to soon. Daze couldn't see Reco anywhere, he had run off imediatelly from landing to do who knows what.

The wind seemed to pick up and all of a sudden it got colder - if that was possible - to what it was before. Daze also noted the visibility range had dramastically fallen as the wind and snow howled all around him. All of a sudden, everyone around him seemed to disappear, one by one they all walked into the snow, out of Daze's site. His heart now pupming harder, he though it best to follow them.

He walked thorugh where the last men he saw went, but as he kept walking, he saw no one. He walked and walked, but no one came to view... nothing. Daze now wondered if it was the best idea to come here. A few minutes later, after walking thorught the howling wind and snow... Daze had a feeling he was lost. But when he was just about to send an emergency signal through the datapad the droid had given him, in front of him a black opening appeared. It was a cave of some sort, and Daze foolishly walked toward it.

As he entered, the winds and snow imediately died out and it seemed a bit warmer. The cave streched back into the darkness, the only light coming from the outside. It was obvious that the Rebels weren't here Daze thought. Oh well, at least I'll have somewhere warm to wait while they come and get me

Then, somewhere from the darkness, came a deep and lout roar. Daze froze, and imediatelly drew his balster that sat loosly around his belt.

What was that! He thought to himself although keeping calm and composed.

He held up his blaster high, and what came out of the darkness almost stunned him. It was a large white creature... tall and very muscular. It was a wampa! It seemed Daze had stumbled on it's home, and the cratured didn't seem too happy about it.

The creature charged at Daze, it's two legs wobbling quickly toward him. Without a second though, Daze raised his blaster at the crature's chest, and fired. It hit the creature dead on, but within one second it was back to charging at him. Daze fired... again and again hitting the large creature. It slowly loomed closer... 5 meters... 4... 3... and with one final shot, this time to the head the large wampa fell to the ground with a large thump... dead. Daze breath deep, reliefed yet amazed at the power of the creature.

Daze turned toward the entrance of the cave, and what he saw almost scared him as much as the wampa. It was Reco.

"Wow! Am I glad to see you!" Daze said to Reco, trying to get his heart to beat again. But Reco said nothing back, just ominously stared at him... something was wrong.

A second later, Reco raised his own blaster at Daze's head... and fired.

Daze was left breathless, he couldn't believe what Reco was doing and yet he had no time to dodge the shot. He imbraced it and waited for imapact... but it never came. Reco's bullet whizzed by Daze's head, missing him by inches. A few seconds later he heard a familiar thump! He turned back and saw a SECOND wampa lying only meters away from the one he shot down. He couldn't believe it... Reco saved his life!

At the moment he saw what was happening, a smile lit up across Reco's face.

"Come" He said "I'll take you back to base"

On his way out, Daze picked up the datapad he dropped and followed Reco thorough the snow and wind... to where he hopped was the base.

OOC: Sorry for the long post... I thought our guys needed some action... hope you don't mind JarJar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.