main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Tales from the Imperial Security Bureau- An Episodic RPG

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by nsper7, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsper7

nsper7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2004
    This RPG uses the episodic system created by Darth Seti and mastered by Imperial_Hammer; also, the main characters and plots are loosely based off the ficitive works of Sith-I-5.

[b]The Imperial Security Bureau (ISB) was created to heighten the Emperor?s knowledge of political and militaristic events within his Empire. The Bureau is staffed soley by those loyal to the New Order. Primarily, the ISB is responsible for the internal security of the Empire. Much of the ISB?s functionality however, arises from experienced counter-intelligence agents who attempt to insure that their intelligence is as good, or better than that of the ISB?s rival agency, Imperial Intelligence. The ISB serves more of a enforcement function than does the Ubiqtorate in Intelligence, having a more public presence. Its operatives will often identify themselves as members of ISB, the intimidation value being worth the loss of secrecy.

ISB Officers monitor and maintain the loyalty of Imperial citizens, in addition to assuring that no hostile intelligence agencies infiltrate the Empire. The ISB also performs duties similar to a police force. The difference to a police force is, however, that the ISB focuses its primary attentions on political rather than civil matters. In short, the ISB upholds Imperial Law within the Empire; it is the Empire's Law Enforcement Agency.[/b]
    (Quoted from [i]Imperial News Grid v4: COMPNOR[/i])
    [hr]
    [color=blue][u]Tales from the Imperial Security Bureau[/u] revolves around the adventures of [b]Major Alex Acen[/b] and [b]Captain Jonas Davies[/b], two high-level members of the ISB. Each episode of the [u]Tales[/u] will be different and unique, seeing the two ISB agents battling different criminal and terrorist organizations and working with different allies.

Currently, I am looking for expert RPers to play [b]Acen[/b] and [b]Davies[/b], as well as people to act as Sub-GMs. Both main characters are open. If you are interested in RPing as either character, PM a [i]very[/i] detailed bio and character sheet (create your own outline). The positions are [i]not[/i] offered on a first come/first served basis; the better the character sheet and bio AND the more RPing experience you have, the more likely you will get that character.

Do not fret if you do not get the main characters; there are only two of them and they [i]must[/i] expertly played. I am tired of my RPGs failing due to poorly skilled and inactive main characters.

[B]NOTE[/B]: I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REPLACE ANY RPER WHO IS CONSISTANTLY INACTIVE OR MAKING LESS THAN QUALITY POSTS.[/color]
    [hr]
    [color=blue]Each episode will have a large assortment of guest characters (I wish to thank [b]Imperial_Hammer[/b] for his groundbreaking idea). Some guests may appear in multiple episodes and I will strive to have varied characters. They may include other ISB agents, local police/military forces, criminals, respected civilians, smugglers, rebels, merchants, pilots, terrorists, crime lords, and maybe even the likes of Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, and other upper level Imperials.[/color]

[color=red]For each episode, I will post a list of required guests which must be filled. If an RPer is interested in being a guest, PM me a character sheet and bio for that guest.[/color]

[b]NOTE[/b]: Although I will not RP as either [b]Acen[/b] or [b]Davies[/b], I may take over a guest character from time-to-time and will usually, at least in the beginning, take over the role of the chief criminal/"bad guy" so as to keep the RP running smoothly.
    [hr]

[b][color=red][u]RULES[/u]

1) Although each episode will have a main plot, sub-plots are more than welcome and guest characters are invited to interact with each other and NPCs in order to add depth to the RPG and their RPing experience.

2) There is a mortality rule: [i]IF YOU FIGHT, YOU RISK DEATH!!! YOUR ACTIONS CAN CAUSE YOU INJURY AND DEATH!!![/i]...

3) No god-modding, powerRPing, and OBEY THE TOS

4) THE GM/SUB-GMs ARE LAW AND MAY, IF NECESSARY, TAKE CONTROL OF A PLAYER CHARACT

2. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    I will be joining. Character Sheet approval (for Captain Eli Valmont, Cloud City Security Force) is "pending". ;)

3. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004
    Also, for the first episode, I will RP as the Baron-Administrator of Cloud City

4. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    GM Approved!

Character Sheet:
    Name: Alex Acen
    Alias: Boris, the Hsiss
    Class: Imperial Operative
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Empress Teta
    Force Sensitive: No

Appearance:
    --Height: 6'2" (don't know the metric equivalent)
    --Weight: 200 lbs (Metric equivalent?)
    --Build: Built like a heavy gravity sprinter
    --Hair: Brown
    --Eyes: Hazel
    --Skin: White, tanned
    --Markings: No identifiable marks

Clothing: Versatile. When on duty he wears the smart uniform of the ISB.When off duty he wears the latest fashions.

Weapon(s): 2x modified Blastech blasters, vibroblade, thermal detonator

Personal Ship: Whatever the Empire gives him... doesn't like flying.

Personality: If there was one word that could sum up the personality of Alex Acen it would be: Cool. An extroverted young man he likes to be in charge and has many great ambitions. Usually he was a fun loving guy who had not a care in the world, living off the interest of his vast inheritence. However when on assignment he could be as cold and calculating as they came. He also has a streak of wholly deserved arrogance about himself.

Likes: Fast women, children, furious action, the core worlds and, order.

Dislikes: Aliens, the rebellion, abusive people, bugs and assorted other small creatures. He also dislikes the Mid and Outer Rims.

Biography: Born Viscount Alexander Octavius Romanoff Acen on the Deep Core world of Empress Teta, his world was one of luxury and indulgence. His parents, extremely wealthy aristocrats, catered to his every desire buying him the most audacious of presents.

In such a setting most beings would become bloated leeches who were sated by the morsels they were given. However Alex was not like other kids. When his peers were receiving lavish gifts, he was receiving extensive training in the Martial Arts, bought and paid for by his parents. In addition the finest tutors in the Empire served as his teachers in the more traditional fields of study.

This carried on 'til his eleventh birthday. When he was shipped off to the Marismo Boarding School... the traditional school for the Aristocracy of Empress Teta.

It was there that he developed his love for the opposite sex and his hatred for abusive people. He was the top of his class, easily accomplishing anything that he put his mind to. He spent almost the entirety of the next six years of his life at Marismo. The warmth and discipline of Marismo would stay with him for the rest ofr his life.

On the flight back to their estates, shortly after Alex's graduation, disaster struck his parents. A gang of Duros' pirates attacked their convoy. The ship carrying them was destroyed in the ensuing melee.

Enraged and nearly emotionally broken Lord Alexander fled Empress Teta. Everything he saw reminded him of his parents. Using his considerable contacts he arranged a commmission for himself in the Imperial Army.

He quickly moved up the chain of commannd fueled by an obsessive need to prove himself and a homicidal need to revenge himself upon the scum of the galaxy.

It wasn't long before he was made an integral part of ISB.

5. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    Name: Colonel Kelvin Feldman
    Homeworld: Corellia
    Rank: Commanding Officer of the Imperial Garrison on Cloud City
    Personality
    ---Traits: No nonsense out look on life and career?get it done?and get it done now.
    ---Dislikes: Rebels??Bloody X-wings?
    ---Habits: Shoot first ask questions later
    Appearance
    ---Skin Color: Pale White
    ---Hair Color: Black, graying at temples
    ---Eye Color: Piercing blue
    ---Clothing: Standard Grey/Green Imperial Commanders uniform
    ---Other Attributes: Never with out at least two of the best Storm Troopers in his command
    Weapons: Blastech DL-22, Neuronic whip, collapsible stun baton.
    Biography:

Born on Corellian, his only dream in life was to become an officer in the Imperial Military. He saw what the rebel?s didn?t?he saw a peace that the Empire brought?a peace disrupted by Rebellions?He worked his way through the System, not on riches, or on relations, but on Skill.
    He quickly worked through the lower ranks?Serving as a Second Lieutenant on Slaving missions on Kashyyk (where he became an exceptional wielder of the Neuronic Whip and Stun Baton), and as a Lieutenant during a particularly nasty Elomin uprising on Elom and was the Sub Colonel on the mission that captured Cloud City and secured the supply of tibanna gas to the Empire, used in many medical machines, and in some older blasters, and was given the rank of Colonel after the current one died when in a drunken stupor, he ?fell? (There is much debate as to whether he fell or was pushed) off of a Landing pad.

Kelvin is a skilled pilot, but rarely gets to exercise this gift?though he will jump at the chance to do so. He is also considered extremely brutal in his conduct towards any one who steps a toe out of line?even if its one of his own men (which some speculate is why he hasn?t advanced to quickly in the army, he has reported more accidental deaths than any other person?.) no one falls out of line when under Kelvin Feldman?s command?unless they wish to experience a Neuronic Whip to the back, or a Stun Baton to the Head.

His dress uniform sports a Silver medal for bravery (earned on Elom), and a gold medal for Loyalty to the Empire (earned on Kashyyk when some of his squad joined the Rebellion)

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    *GM APPROVED*
    -Excerpt-

The Voice's Chief Lieutenant:

Name: Alura Teleran "Ice"
    Physical Description: Very tall and slinder. She is of athletic build, which is not hard to notice.
    Eye Color: Ice blue
    Hair Color: Blazing Red
    Skin Color: Pale skin. Looks like it seldom seens the light of day.
    Weight: 120
    Height: 5.7"
    Clothing/Description: Skintight looking clothing. Usually light colored, white being her favorite. Tall boots with slinder heels, which are suprisingly quiet. She wears gloves, usually up past the elbow, but when she doesnt, her long fingers and nails are well kept. Hair is alway swept upwards in an esquisite coffiture. Her makeup is immaculate. She completes her look with delicate earings, a necklace, and other bits. She wears a thin metal 'claw' over one gloved figer as well.
    Bio (History):
    Ice is as calm as they come. She is an acrobat, a thief, and whatever else might be needed. She is the hand, that does 'The Voice's' bidding, as she is well paid for her services. Any that mistake her for being a simple piece of fluff, do not live long enought to make that mistake again. She has been trained by the best. She is very good at her job. She is skilled in various forms of combat, to include hand to hand.

7. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004
    Everyone, thank you for your interest. We still need Jonas Davies and the Rebel liaison. In a pinch, I can RP Robert Urich.

8. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    OOC: I was just wondering when this game was to start? Do we still need players?

It seems like a very high quality game and it'd be a shame to see it go the way of the dinosaurs.

9. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004
    Those two characters I mentioned must be filled before RPing can begin...sorry, but I don't want the RPG to get off to an incomplete start.

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    So sad. I was so looking forward to this game.

This is why I dont run stuff that NEEDS X number of positions to be filled before I can start a game. They almost NEVER get that many. Or KEEP them.

And dragging a start kills a game quick.

11. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    OOC:I concur. This game looked very promising. Hopefully it 'll pick up.

12. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004
    But the problem is certain positions must be filled. I want to start the game, but I need players. I don't want to be NPCing too much stuff...

13. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004
    Although I hate to have to say this, it appears we will not receive the number of members we will need to start this RPG; therefore, I will have no choice but to close it down. I have learned a valuable lesson from Ktala and hope, in the future, she will be willing to work and RP in another RPG I create.

14. benkenobi151

benkenobi151 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2005
    do you still need characters?

15. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004
    Yes, we still need the Jonas Davies and the rebel liaison. If you wish to join, you must submit a very detailed bio/character sheet. Also, please use proper grammar and spelling if you wish to join. For example, for as long as I have been reading and writing, sentences start with a capital letter....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.