main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tales from the Separatists... Come, Share *your* experiences.

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by RidingMyCarousel, Dec 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002

Welcome aboard! :D

What exactly is this? A place to come share your experiences with your FanForce, talk about your day, rant about missing out on that latest toy grab and so forth.

There's only one requirement before you walk in... introduce yourself to us and tell us from what FanForce you hail from (if you hail from one). :)

Looking forward to hearing lots of delicious tales ;)[hr][/blockquote]

2. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I probably ought to kick this off, seeing how I created the thread ;)

I'm James. I'm a Star Wars fan, composer, guitarist, web designer, and a few other little things in there, too. I'm from the Charlotte, NC FanForce - the Charlotte Separatists. I was the original City Rep for the Separatists and now I'm the moderator for the Amphitheatre and the SW Music boards here at the JC.

Next? :D

3. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Name: Salty

FF: Myrtle Beach Hurricane Troopers

The coolest thing we've done so far is participate with the Charleston and Greenville FF's in their Toys for Tots/IMAX event. That was a great time and it was a joy to help out the US Marines.

4. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    Name: Joe

FF: Waco, TX "Bounty Hunter's Guild"

I love Star Wars, I am an amateur film maker and I am aslo doing two fanfilms. I met my beautiful girlfriend at our first meeting.
    :D

5. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I'm Chris. I'm a member of the London, Canada chapter, the London Rogues. Most recently, I went to see Die Another Day with one other member. Nobody else could make it. We have about 8 members. We've been around since Sept 22, 2002.

6. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I'd have to say that the most enjoyable meeting I had with the FanForce would either be the meeting we had before Attack of the Clones when we went toy hunting (as well as comic hunting) or the picnic we had in September. At the latter, I found a few ant hills that were just too big. So, I made them not so big ;) :D

And it is a pleasure to have y'all in here. :)

7. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    The most fun I had at a meeting was on April 24, 2002, our anniversary.

We clelbrated by trying to blow up Jar Jar but he wouldn't so we just had to burn him

8. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hello all! :)

I'm Mandy. I'm the City Rep for Atlanta, GA and the FanForce Southeast Regional Support Admin. I've been a Star Wars fan since the age of 4, when my mother first took me to see Star Wars in the theater (Summer of 1977).

This past year has been very busy for my FF chapter, The Hothlanta Rebels. We held a May AOTC Premiere line party, and we recently held an AOTC IMAX event. I'd have to say that the most fun I have had this year with my FF is when we hosted the Dragon*Con FF dinner. It was great meeting all the wonderful FF folks from other cities. :D

9. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    You tried to blow up Jar Jar!? You burned Jar Jar!? Blasphemy :p

;)

And I love it whenever the Charlotte FanForce has meetings each month. We try to do that, but nothing really works out unless we're all lucky :p

10. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Hi, I'm Erika...and I'm currently without a Fan Force. Oh, there's one where I live, but they always have their meetings when I'm at work. *sigh*

So my sisters and I just do our own thing. ;) :p

11. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    You tried to blow up Jar Jar!? You burned Jar Jar!? Blasphemy :p

Yeah and it was fun too :D

Name: Elizabeth
    I'm the CR for the Waco, TX FF or "Bounty Hunter's Guild".

Yep I found my true at Star Wars fan club meeting [face_love]

Hands down the best thing about my FF is the people. I've never met such nice, kind, thoughtful people in my life.

12. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I do my own thing, too. ;)
    Mostly it consists of me watching the movies and such :p

Actually, I'd love to get together with my FanForce sometime to watch all five films in a row :D

13. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I wanta do that too :D

14. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    All five in a row...with intermission of course :p

15. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I'd only stop to make sure the pizza came on time ;)

16. JediLeia21

JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Hi, I'm Julianne, i'm from the western australian fanforce.

we don't have meetings anymore, more of a social group. I used to be the city rep for them , but i have since passed it on to another member.

we also tried to burn jarjar at a meeeting, but since it was a member's child's toy we weren't allowed to do it.

17. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    hi ;) I'm Alison from the Rochester Fanforce. ;) um..... well I don't know what I'm supposed to say here. most fun thing so far.... probably our weekend at IMAX, that was really cool. but we're probably going to be doing a lot of cool stuff in the future too, so... ;)

18. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I'm Nathan, from FanForce Victoria (the Aussie one, not the Canadian one ;)). I just got back from a week away, celebrating the end of high school. Meeting Shara and Slavey on my way up was the closest thing I've had to a FanForce meet so far. :p

19. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    What is with the burnings of Jar Jar!? [face_shocked]

:_|

And it is a pleasure to meet all of y'all :)

20. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Oooh, nice new thread. Cool idea, James. :D

I'm Melanie, from Fanforce New South Wales. Wow, what can I say about NSW? I adore them all, joining Fanforce and going to the meets have been some of the most entertaining experiences I've ever had in my life. I keep trying to think of my favourite meeting, but the answer is generally 'most of them'.

Although the Attack of the Clones midnight screening definately stands out as something special. :)

21. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Midnight showings always rock. TPM rocked as did AotC :D

The crowd.. the responses.. the fun.. the drinks.. the popcorn in the air... :D

22. JediLeia21

JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Well in our case, the sith associated people decided that jar jar was to be sacrificed for the greater good. [face_devil]

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm Sarah from the Rocky Mountain FanForce. We have a thing with posting the most on our forums and having sock weekends.

Hmm... activities? We've done a TON of them. The biggest thing we've done recently was host the IMAX premier of ATOC. It was awesome! The 501st was there and everything. We also participated at the screening of Star Wars on Mother's Day, we've done a whole load of charity events, we've got monthly meetings and then some, and right now we are planning a christmas party.

Not to mention that we've got some 'secret' projects that will be displayed at CIII [face_devil]

The best thing about my FF is they are all such great people, I would say we are more like a family than members of a group. :)

We even have ambassadors to other FF's :D Which is why some of you may already know members of the RMFF.

24. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Ambassadors? Interesting.. ;)

My FanForce is (hopefully) getting together tonight to check out Attack of the Clones for a private big screen showing. I've got to get a head count of who all will be there, actually...

25. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Hello all! :)

I'm Carol, and I'm with the Phoenix FanForce. :) We've had a lot of activities (meet at least once a month at Atomic Comics, have movie parties, lined up for Episode II for almost two weeks, etc).

My favorite FF activity would have to have been our trip to San Diego for the San Diego Comic Con. :D Much fun was had by all who went, and we even got to meet a few San Diego FFer's. Next on the list was the trip to Flagstaff to try to get a Flagstaff FF going (we have one very enthusiastic member there who drives 2 hours down to Phoenix to hang out with us).

I'm hoping to meet the Rocky Mountain FanForce through a planned road trip for this upcoming summer. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.