main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Tales of a Galaxy - OT Era - OC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VoijaRisa, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    This is a new Fan Fic I'm currently starting on. It started as an idea for a fan film I came up with that would incorporate nearly all of the costumes my fan force has. But as with most fan film ideas, it quickly grew to large to even consider filming. But the story remained in my head. So I decided to turn it into a sprawling fan fic and see what everyone else thought.

For those that are wondering, no, I have not abandoned my other fan fic, Remember Alderaan. It's just stuck on my Linux drive and since Linux doesn't want to recognize my wireless network, I'm stuck in Windows for the time being. Thus, I started on something new.

Anyway, please read and respond. I'm all for critisism as well as praise.

Standard disclaimer:
    Star Wars isn't mine. It's George Lucas'. I'm just playing in his sandbox. I hope I don't pee in it.[hr]

[b][u]Tales of a Galaxy[/u]

Introduction[/b]

A galaxy.

A million species; One home

A huge place; Full of little people with even bigger ideas.

And behind each person is a story.

Some stories are of people whose lives burn hot and bright, only to go out in a blaze of glory, like a supernova.

But as with stars, the large majority are those small red stars that go completely unnoticed unless you?re right there next to them.

But they?re still there; Each star adding a bit more until it creates a dazzling spiral; intricate, and dazzling to those that observe it.
    [b]
    Chapter 1
    The Black Hole[/b]

[i]The black hole is never directly seen. It is only observed through the force it exerts on that which is around it.[/i]

Praga the Hutt sat in his opulent office. The shades were drawn and the room stood in darkness. Praga shifted on his repulsor sled trying to get comfortable. He knew it was useless. The irritating feeling wasn?t coming from outside his body, but within. He was nervous.

It was ridiculous that he should be nervous. Like many Hutts, Praga was a kingpin of illicit trade across the outer rim. Most of the law enforcement was under his control already and the rest was afraid of him. But this deal was big. It was bigger than big. It was enormous. Praga was sending a huge amount of the most guarded drug, glitterstim, into the most heavily guarded planet in the galaxy, Coruscant.

And he?d hired a rookie to do it. Unfortunately for him, most of his most trusted smugglers had been either captured or were being watched too carefully to risk sending into the Core Worlds. Now Praga was anxiously awaiting a message to confirm that the deal had gone as planned. Praga plunged his bulbous hand into a large tank sitting next to him, pulling out a fist-sized creature. It squirmed as he wrapped his fingers around it and let off a spray of fumes as it desperately tried to ward off its captor. Praga didn?t mind the scent. Instead he enjoyed it. It was the scent of fear and it reminded Praga that he was in control.

Even if things didn?t go as planned and the forty million-credit deal he had organized fell through, so what? It was a lot of money, sure, but nothing compared to his fortunes. And so what if the smuggler got caught? There were always more smugglers and Praga had been careful to insulate himself from anything that could implicate him as part of the operation. So what did he have to lose? Nothing.

Except his pride. And his pride was worth a lot.

Praga tore the head off the creature and tossed it into his gaping mouth. He bit down enjoying the cracking noise as he crushed through the skeleton into the softer and tastier organs beneath. His tongue slithered out and licked a few stray bits from his lips.

A light began flashing on his desk. Praga moved his hover sled over to the desk and pressed the button above it. A hologram of a young man dressed in tight fitting pants and a vest over a loose shirt appeared on the desk.

?Hey dad,? it began. ?I wanted to let you know I got here alright. Little bit of local trouble but nothing major. And I gave grandmother those Corellian spi

2. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Oooh, intriguing [sp?!] start! I hope to see more.

[face_laugh] @ the Sandbox thing

3. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Edited in the rest of Chapter 1. Here's Chapter 2:

Chapter 2
    Lone Star

Many stars in the galaxy are in binary systems. However, it seems that some are destined to be alone forever.

Trist deactivated his holographic comm device and stowed it in a pocket inside his vest. He?d made it down to Coruscant?s surface, delivered the spice, and contacted his boss. Only one thing remained for him to do before he headed back to Nar Shadda for his next assignment.

He headed back up the ramp to his ship, the Chandrasaker Limit. This was the part he hated the most. It didn?t happen on every run, but it happened frequently enough that he was tired of dealing with it. In the cockpit, sat his copilot, Amagra, an Ishi Tib. He was fiddling with controls, and plotting an exit jump from Coruscant. Trist sat down in the pilot?s seat and turned to Amagra.

?Hey. Amagra. I need to talk to you,? he told the green skinned alien next to him.

Amagra swiveled the copilot chair towards him, green skin turning slightly purple. He let out a series of squeaks and clicks from his beak and looked towards the floor.

?Yeah. I know it?s a species thing and you?re sorry. But it?s just not going to work out. If you?re going to turn purple every time we stop by customs then we?re going to be in trouble.? Trist ran his hands through his hair and leaned against the beat up cushions of the chair.

When he had landed, customs had come to inspect his ship. Trist had no fears of them discovering the smuggling compartments he built into the walls, floor and nearly every other nook and cranny he could find. And the inspectors hadn?t. However, another problem had arisen. Being an Ishi Tib, Amagra was subject to hormonal changes that caused his flesh to turn purple when distressed. The customs agents had noticed this unusual display. Fortunately, they were unaware of its meaning and inquired whether or not Amagra was ill. Trist had lied and told them that it meant that Amagra was sexually aroused, which put a very abrupt end to the questions. This was fortunate because had the agents suspected an infection, it was likely they would be quarantined and their ship scanned more thoroughly for any other pathogens, which could have uncovered the glitterstim hidden in the bulkheads.

Amagra clicked and chirped again.

?No. This time we got lucky. Lying won?t always get us out of things. The Imps are stupid and fell for it, but chances are that someone else will know what it really means and then we?ll be in real trouble. Do you really want to spend the rest of your life on Kessel because of it??

Amagra let of a low click and turned a deeper shade of purple.

?I?m sorry, but I?m going to have to let you go,? Trist told him.

Amagra looked up again, chirping frantically.

?I?m not just going to ?dump? you on a street corner. We?ll head back to Nar Shadda and I?ll even give you my share of the profit from this run. That should take care of you and your family for a few years. Sound fair??

The purple drained from Amagra?s skin and returned to a pale green.

?Good. Now let?s get out of here and hope there?s not any more trouble.?

4. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Chapter 3
    Event Horizon

With proper precautions, black holes are easily enough avoided. But should another object come too close, it is almost impossible to escape with the exception of pure luck.

Trist paced over the thick carpeting in Praga?s antechamber. On his previous Coruscant run, he?d been unaware of who his employer really was. But now, Praga had contacted him, albeit through his twi?lek majordomo, and requested a meeting face to face.

Admittedly, he was nervous. The Hutts were known to be extremely generous to those they favored, which was generally only other Hutts, and equally as ruthless to those that had angered them. Trist was pretty sure he wasn?t the latter, but he was not eager to do anything that might put him in that category. With the Hutts, this was an extremely difficult task to avoid, given that they were an extremely proud species and felt they deserved to be treated with the utmost respect at all times.

Another fear that gnawed at Trist?s insides was the possibility of having angered Praga by letting Amagra go. This made the Ishi Tib a loose end that Praga may decide needed to be tied up. Trist didn?t want this to happen. While Amagra may not have been the best copilot for a smuggler, he was still a friend and Trist didn?t want anything to happen to him.

At last, the twi?lek scuttled into the room and greeted Trist.

?My master welcomes you and asks that you now join him in his office. As is usual, his greatness shall only converse in Huttese. Will you require a translator droid??

?That would be most beneficial,? Trist responded, bowing slightly. The twi?lek ducked out of the room and reentered with a gleaming 3PO droid in tow.

?I am P-3PO. I specialize in translation services and can readily speak over six million galactic languages.?

?Very impressive,? Trist said sarcastically.

?My master awaits,? the majordomo reminded Trist.

He followed the twi?lek through a heavy door in the back of the antechamber. The room behind was dimly illuminated and smelled faintly as if something had died in a forgotten corner. The whirring of the droid?s servos followed him into the room. As Trist stopped moving he bowed low and waited for the giant creature to speak first.

?Bo shuda,? boomed the deep voice.

?My esteemed master, Praga the Hutt bids you welcome,? translated the droid.

?Tell him I thank him for his kind reception,? Trist told the droid. Praga responded with a long phrase of baritone syllables.

?My master thanks you for coming and asks if you would care for anything to eat.? As if on cue, the Hutt plunged a hand into the bowl and pulled out a writhing creature that he extended towards the smuggler.

?I?m afraid I?m not hungry at the moment,? Trist said. When the droid translated, the Hutt laughed and smiled. Again he spoke in Huttese and the droid translated.

?He says that he is pleased with your refusal. My master is well aware of the dislike humans have for such food and is glad to know that you are strong enough to refuse such things. I might add that many others he has called here have accepted the offer and made themselves quite ill.?

?Then I am glad to know that I made the right decision.? Trist bowed to the Hutt again. ?But I am sure that I was not called into his excellency?s presence to test my willpower. I would expect that my actions on Coruscant have already demonstrated that.?

The Hutt nodded as the droid translated.

?He says that you are quite correct, but this was not a test of willpower so much as a test of ability to make wise decisions. My master is concerned at your termination of contact with your copilot, Amagra. While he is not a pilot himself, my master believes that your frequent dismissals of copilots, demonstrates that you may be difficult to work with.?

Trist was afraid this might happen.

?My lord,? he began. ?My dismissal of Amagra was due not to personal reasons, but instead because he was unable to live to the high expectations that I have for myself as were the previous copilots I have dismi

5. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Very good! It seems you have the Hutt way of thinking down. I like the way it is playing out.

6. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    I like this! The way you began it is interesting, especially about the black holes and the stars.

Post more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.