main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Tales of the Jedi and KOTOR

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Brenapp, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The best comes after Vector. Continue reading!

spicer and JediDingo like this.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, at this point it's been a while so I'll start over. I bought the whole damn thing anyway, so might as well.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I would love to see Chris Gossett TOJ art in motion.

purplerain likes this.
  4. Protectorate

Protectorate Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2013

The intent, IIRC, was to fix the problems that arose due to KOTOR having a Mandalore alive after The Ultimate's death at Malachor. The games feature a backstory in which HK-47 was owned by a Mandalore who apparently operates during the gap between Mandalore the Ultimate's death and Canderous Ordo eventually taking the helm. There's no explanation for who this guy is, and the retcon was an attempt to explain him to be a true successor to the line of Mandalores and explain that Canderous is an actual legitimate successor to Mandalore the Indomitable.

Unfortunately, although that information inventively fixes one problem, it really devalues the most important visual continuity between TotJ and the KOTOR comics, ie the Taung warrior taking the mask and then being featured in the KOTOR comics. With this fix, the Taung warrior from TotJ that takes up the mask is never featured in the comics or the backstory of KOTOR, instead he was mysteriously replaced by a Sith agent or something or other.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    That's such a silly idea, on multiple levels: that one has to be handed down the mask directly to be a "legitimate" Mandalore; that Canderous absolutely had to be made to be a part of that lineage; that if so, he would be "legitimate" only in that he inherited the mask from an illegitimate Sith usurper anyway; etc. I'm glad it's one of those things that was just left to the sourcebook and never brought up again.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  6. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    This thread is making me sad.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Yes, isn't this the guy who is referred to in the datapads carried by the Mandalorians on Kashyyyk?

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Waiting for the 3rd KOTOR Omnibus. Liked the first two a lot.

9. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I just finished it. I thought it was really good; if you enjoyed the first two, you should like it. I'm planning on posting reviews this weekend.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Good to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.