main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Tales of the Jedi appreciation thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by darklordoftech, May 27, 2013.

1. Darth Loocas

Darth Loocas Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2013
    Or there's issues with inter-species reproduction![/quote]

yup,does the pedia say who the guy is? is he famous in the lore?

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    yup,does the pedia say who the guy is? is he famous in the lore?[/quote]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Mandalore

3. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    that was more explaination that i could hope for (or could handle!) ty

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    Haha, no problem. :D

5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    This is the greatest thread of all time! Anyway, it seems that in KJA's mind, faction = species, and I find that fascinating. Hansa, what, if anything, do you think of the Sith and/or Mandalorian species?

6. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    What do I think of the Sith and the Mandos? What do you mean?

7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Do you like the concept of them being species? Do you dislike this/these concept(s)? Do you not care?

8. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    Ahh!

I like the idea of them as a species.

The Sith, as a predatory people who became the minions of the Exiles, I love the idea. It makes them victims of an opressive power -- what the Empire does to the rest of the galaxy 7000 years later. The Exiles were the gods, just like Palpatine was a godlike figure later on. We have no idea how they died out, but their first fall from grace is pitiful.

As for the Taung (Mandalorians), I like the idea of a species who worshipped war that eventually fell victim to their own religion. Tragic in a sense, but really just nature. Their faith of not judging family by blood, thereby ensuring their neighbour's orphans weren't being abandoned, led to their survival since species therefore wasn't an issue -- and humans carried on their legacy by most part.

Darth Loocas and darklordoftech like this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I never thought of all that, but it's all 100% true!

10. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    i just read TAUNG in wookieepedia great ,i learned many things today,the cool thing in the SW lore is theres always new stuff to learn,it never runs out of surprises...and thanks to HANSA for telling the name of the race...now that i know more about them i have no problem at all with them i love them actualy i take back what i said back there about it should be un-canoned!
    see u guys tomorow i hope this thread never dries out.we all got alot to talk about thanks to darklordoftech.

darklordoftech and Hansa like this.
  11. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    I agree -- very nice thread! :D

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Taung is what they were called before they moved to Mandalore. When they settled on Mandalore, they renamed themselves "Mandalorians", giving birth to that word. Btw, thanks for mentioning me!

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    edit: double post. I hit the wrong button.

14. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    I think they renamed themselves after Mandalore the First took charge. They had other Taung leaders who took these afternames. Perhaps they became the "Mando'ade" after allying themselves with Mandalore? Mand'alor -- the one leader? Daughters and sons of the one leader? Sounds like a cult, dedicating themselves with a leader who promises greatness. My theory. :p

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    they did

16. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    Yeah.

But how about if they actually named themselves when he took charge? Just a thought. He took charge, claimed himself Mand'alor -- the one leader in their language. His followers became the Mandalorians, while the rest of the Taungs remained Taungs. Mandalore then led them to conquer a star system and his followers named it in his honour. Slight bend on the canon, but what do you think?

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    That is an awesome idea!!!!! Makes me wonder if the Sith species got their name from anyone...

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    TOTJ movies and/or TV shows would rock!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Loocas likes this.
  19. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    EXACTLY!!! i always thought a trilogy of CG movies of the old republic with quality like the SWTOR trailers would be too astonishingly great (of course ,if made good)

by quality of the trailers i meant in terms of realistic approch unlike the clone wars cg,& in terms of seriousness so to speak.
    & i really wonder,since the old republic era (which we owe it all to TOTJ) is so loved by all fans why do they keep it only in games media...they are being too conservative about it.

20. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    im not sure about the sith having the same story theory,they ddnt have any connection with the outside world till the exiles arrived,at least to my knowledge...so i think its simply the name of the spiecies....

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I guess they know Old Republic games sell so they're inclined towards games for the Old Republic era

The Rakata taught the Sith species how to use the Force long before the Exiles showed up. Also, at the time they met the Rakata, the Sith species was ruled by King Adas the Sith'ari

Darth Loocas likes this.
  22. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    im not sure about the sith having the same story theory,they ddnt have any connection with the outside world till the exiles arrived,at least to my knowledge...so i think its simply the name of the spiecies....[/quote]
    The Rakata taught the Sith species how to use the Force long before the Exiles showed up. Also, at the time they met the Rakata, the Sith species was ruled by King Adas the Sith'ari[/quote]

that's right i forgot all about the rakata,true

and i have just finished reading book of sith a few days ago so idk why i forgot about adas too.

but sitll the name of the spiecies is their own i think.

23. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    well yeah they do sell ,but thats another reason that the movies could sell too,& well
    so what do you think about them being a trilogy of "realistic" (and not carcaturistic like TCW ) CGs? or do u prefer them to be live-action?

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Nonetheless, one must wonder what the pre-Rakata Sith were like

Darth Loocas likes this.
  25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wish they were as smart as you. Anyway, I'd love to see Jude Law as Exar Kun.

Darth Loocas likes this.