main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tales of the Jedi Redemption Question

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cappy97, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cappy97

Cappy97 Jedi Master star 1

May 25, 2005
    Does anyone know why issue #3 seems scarce. I have the other 4 but can't seem to find #3 for anything.

If anyone knows of a place, let me know.

2. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Checked both Dark Horse's official webstore *and* MyComicShop.com...and both are sold out of that one specific issue. Dunno. Otherwise your best bet's to check eBay and/or run a search on "back-issue comics retailers."

Cute l'il Vima on the cover, in a Cathar-pelt snow parka. Who could pass THAT up??

3. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    That sounds like the kind of question that might trigger an Amber Alert...

4. Cappy97

May 25, 2005
    I'm hitting up some stores by mail. If anyone else sees one, let me know and thanks!

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Ok, now I'm happy I got all five issues when they were originally released. Though I do know what it feels to be looking for a single issue to complete your collection, just managed to find the last issue of KotOR/TotJ around the time RotS was released. Online, don't forget to check sites like ebay. You might get into a bidding war or you might be the only one in the bidding. Might even find an instant purchase that would allow you not to even worry about being out bid. If there or comic stores in your area that sell back issues, hit them. There's no promise that you'll find what your looking for, but if you do then you may not have to play shipping and handling or worry about damage or something else occuring in the mail. And you would be able to read it that much faster than even next day delivery allows.

6. Cappy97

May 25, 2005
    I've hit all those I know about, so now looking abroad...lol

7. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

You should be buying TPBs, for vertically efficient shelving options.

8. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    As well as improved durability and enhanced indexing features

9. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

And allowing it the potential to unbind like mine, that too. Issues don't consent that possibility.

10. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    At this point, the real advantage of the TPB would be cost, which is not really an advantage brand new. You may be lucky enough to find someplace selling the issue for the same price it would have sold for when it was first released, but most likely that place will be online so you may end up with the possibility of paying S&H. Both online at auction sites (and I'd be willing to bet a few other places) and as back issues in comic shops, a back issue can really run you. So for a full series you could easily pay well over $20-30 if your purchasing them as back issues, making a TPB at around $20 so much more appatiezing. But you have to hope the TPB is still in print and can be ordered for you if not currently in stock.

I'm not going to tell you not to try and go for a TPB. That's the way I've been getting the Clone Wars comics.

11. Cappy97

May 25, 2005
    I do go TPB but Redemption is now OOP and going for $45 US plus on e-bay. I got the four comics very cheap but can't find #3 for whatever reason. I prefer TPB's for the shelf space and convenience as you all have mentioned but sometimes economics dictate otherwise...

12. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    The Redemption TPB's gone OOP? Didn't know that.

Wouldn't worry about it too much, though. Dark Horse are working up (tentative) plans to reprint the entire Tales of the Jedi series in one single volume down the road. Again, tentative, but otherwise keep looking if you want, and you should hit on some type of reasonable deal.

13. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    TFAW has "nick & dent" sales for slightly dinged up TPBs that are half off. I just ordered Redemption a couple days ago, but it looks like they're sold out now. For the others I ordered before, the worst is some wear along the edges of the spine, and one of the pages might have had a small fold in the corner.

14. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    :oops:

15. Cappy97

May 25, 2005
    The only reason it's driving me batty is I'm one of "those people" who absolutely must read the entire list in order or I'll feel like I'm missing out on something. It's killing me not to just move on to one of the many novels I've bought or comics but it's also killing me not to have that missing link so to speak.

If you happen to see this issue somewhere on the net, PM me and let me know or if you happen to see it in a comic shop, PM me and let me know.

This would be so much simpler if I could just pick up a novel and run with it but from what I've read there is backstory I'd miss if I skip over the comics, etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.