main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Tales of the Jedi (The Freedon Nadd Uprising)" [Dark Horse Comics, 1994]

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature Review Forum' started by dp4m, Jan 26, 2004.

?

"Tales of the Jedi, Volume II (The Freedon Nadd Uprising)" [Dark Horse Comics, 1994]

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. 10 (Excellent)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

75.0%
  4. 7

25.0%
  5. 6 (Average)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5 (Average)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 (Poor)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/comics/images/dhCovers/large/swfntpb.jpg]

Synopsis:
    "Ulic Qel-Droma and Nomi Sunrider face a dark Jedi spirit from the past in this story which fills in the gaps between Knights of the Old Republic and Dark Lords of the Sith. Bringing together all the characters from the smash-hit Tales of the Jedi series, this collection of the two-issue miniseries is a must-have item for all Star Wars fans!"

TheForce.net Book Review for:
    #1 The Freedon Nadd Uprising.
    #2 Initiates of the Sith .

3. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Well, before the prequels came out, I thought they were pretty good. Then the prequels kind of said some things weren't true (like how old the republic was at the time of "Tales of the Jedi", and the whole marriage/love thing).

I can't rememeber the name of the evil woman (who with her cousin found the Sith books), but the whole thing about her reminds me of the evil women portrayed in old Buck Rogers and Flash Gorden series.

It had an epic feel for it.

4. MyEternalRest

MyEternalRest Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2002
    I wouldn't really call that a contradiction, Olga. I mean the Jedi(judging by the cover) don't even wear the robes we seen worn by the Jedi in TPM and AOTC. We can thereby conclude that some of the doctrine(as well as the dress code) we see present in the PT was something later included in Jedi teachings/beliefs. :)

5. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    /\/\/\ yeah, I'm holding it against the writers, things change, but Palpatine mentions the Republic is around 1000 years old and it's stated that the Republic is around for 2,000, since these characters are around. I mean, we can beat around the bush and say, "but it could be the old/first Republic, and the PT are in the new/second Republic.

And I always have a Butthead moment reading the title:

[butthead]he said nad. Huh huh [/butthead]

6. lord-darkhelmet

lord-darkhelmet Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    This was an enjoyable story, too bad it was only two issues long. We get an introduction to some of the Sith followers including the spirit of the deceased Freedon Nadd as well as two new followers of the religion, Satal Keto and his cousin Aleema. Ulic Qel-Droma and Nomi Sunrider meet for the first time during the battle the Jedi waged against the Sith followers on Onderon. The visuals for this series reminded me a lot of the old '60s and '70s comics, Jack Kirby's style comes to mind. It was a lot of fun but too short.

I give it an 8/10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.