main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Tales of the Podracers

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Apprentice_Anakin, Oct 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apprentice_Anakin

Apprentice_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Sep 17, 2001
    Hello fellow YJN members. This is Apprentice Anakin and I have something really fun planned. I've talked to Chris, and although I was supposed to introduce this idea at Mark's house, but due to unfortunate circumstances, I was unable to attend. Anyways: Chris has allowed me to be in charge of A YJN book. Tales of the Podracers. If you haven't read any of the "Tales of the..." novels, I'll explain.

A "Tales" novel is a big made up of smaller books, each book consisting the length of about an average chapter in length. Each different book surrounds a different character, and together, by reading all of these little books, you know all the little background plots and stories of the novel as a whole. Confused? Pick up one of the "Tales" books at a local library.

Anyways, back to what this has to do with us. Each member of YJN has the chance to write a few of the books for our novel. They're short. Only 10-30 pages in length. About an hours work on a computer. Each chapter or "book" would take place around one of the podracers who participated in the Boonta Eve race. You can write up to one week before the race and write past the race by one day (as long as the character didn't die. Pick a Podracer quickly, it's first come, first serve. Just Post on here what Podracer you want to do and I'll give you the BASIC info on what the story has to be. I'll only be giving you the BASIC, so feel free to do pretty much whatever you wish. Just follow the guidelines I give you. Write up your story and e-mail it to me at: Apprentice_Anakin@hotmail.com
    You can have more than one racer, but for now just pick one and get writing!
    Maybe when we're done, we can sell this at YJN events and the procedes will go towards Women's place! Who knows?

Here:s a list of the Podracers (go to StarWars.com to learn more about them.)

Beedo, Aldar
    Bolt, Dud
    Endocott, Ebe
    Gasgano
    Guo, Mars
    Holdfast, Clegg
    Mak, Elan
    Mawhonic
    Pagalies, Teemto
    Quadinaros, Ben
    Roor, Boles
    Roose, Ark "Bumpy"
    Sandage, Wan
    Sebulba
    Skywalker, Anakin

Pick one and get writing!

2. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
    By the way, I call Sebulba and Anakin because they are main characters and they need to be specially written.

3. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    After discussing your book idea at the meeting we felt that writing a short story, with a Sci-Fi feel to it, would be better. Plus, it generated a lot more interests.
    Mitch and Andrew have told me they are already writing. And I'm sure some of the girls are also.

Sorry you missed the meeting, we had a blast.

4. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2001
    Sci-fi feel?

That's not very Star Wars-ish. I don't know about others but I think the club should write Star Wars stories, you know, STAR WARS, you know that movie series that we all watched several (hundred) times?

I also think each member who wants to write, myself included, should write ANY Star Wars related story we want.

And I AM a writer. How come I got laughed at as soon as I said I wanted to write?

5. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Um, can't you do BOTH? There seems to be some interest in both. Go for it... the more the merrier, no?

6. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
    I talked to Chris yesterday and it seems like I missed some important information. I'm still in charge of us writing a sroty, but the whole idea has been cahnged a little bit. The short stories can be about anything. I will make a guideline right now that they at least have to be Sci-Fi or have a Sci-Fi-ish aspect in it. I PREFER the stories to be Star Wars, because it is a Star Wars club, but if you MUST write something NON STAR WARS, go ahead. Please e-mail me (Apprentice_Anakin@hotmail.com) and let me know about the story you will be writing AHEAD of time. We could title the book "Tales of YJN" or "Tales of the Niagara Jedi" or whatever. It doesn't even have to be a "Tales". If you have a good idea for a title just e-mail me. Now GET WRITING!

7. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Apr 28, 2001
    It should have to be Star Wars Why would a Star Wars club write a "Sci-fi-ish" book?
    How about whoever wants to write a story writes a Star Wars story? Sound simple?

8. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Why restrict yourselves and the scope of your club. When you guys meet can you only talk about Star Wars? Keep it a little broader and it'll be more interesting, and have more potential for membership -- the anthology and the club.

9. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    My thoughts exactly.

10. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    SF Anthology...mind if I contribute? I'm not exactly a Niagara member, so I thought I'd ask first. :)

Cris~

11. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
    Go ahead. Contribute away!!

12. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Hey Han, I never laughed. I'm looking forward to reading something you've written. What have you got so far?

13. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

the concept is so good that I'm really hoping there'll be an official "tales of the podracers" at some point, w/ Tim Zahn et. al. contributing. The existing "Tales of" compilations rock.

But if this thing ever does get off the ground, I claim Quadinaros.

(and where's Bullseye Navior, the teletubby-from-hell?)

- mike -

14. Darth_Pestilence

Darth_Pestilence Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    While the book might get off the ground, Quadrinairos certainly didn't.

And hey, I wanted him! That's it, I claim announcer head #1.

15. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    You know...

I was thinking if I were to do a story, I was gonna do Ben as well...

Must be something about him that we could all relate to I guess.

16. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Apr 28, 2001
    Which announcer, Fode or Beed?

17. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    If you're going to do Ben, John, I ask that you DON'T tell us about it!

18. Darth_Pestilence

Darth_Pestilence Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Yes...

Anyway, the one who spoke english, voiced by Greg Proops.

19. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
    If you guys want to do tales of the Podracers, go ahead. Just officially clain who your going to be, and E-MAIL ME! DON'T JUST POST IT HERE! My e-mail is : Apprentice_Anakin@hotmail.com
    Umm... BTW. Thje tellitubby from hell, although he is in the Podracer GAME, he's not in the movie. So Tales of the Podracers should revolve around the Boonta EVE race, we shouldn't do him. I need to give you guys info on the character your doing, so YOU MUST CONTACT ME! as for Fode and Beed, the double headed announcer, do him if you want (it doesn't matter that he wasn't a podracer) but do BOTH of them, because they share the same body. Make it humourous. Have him talk to himself, get in fights with himself, etc. Make it funny. but CONTACT ME. The stories all have to MESH. There is vital info I have to give you.

20. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Ok, SOMEBODY tell me what's going on!!! I hear from Chris that this can be about anything Star Wars or a Sci-Fi feel, now i'm being told what to write!!!!???? What the flip! Honestly, I've started on a story that takes place after the original story, and actually, Corey, the idea of a book soley on just the podracers (and the fact that only YOU can do Anakin and Sebulba because you apparently won the Noble Price for Literature) is quite.... how do I say this in a nice way... oh yah, BORING!!! Personally, I wouldn't pick up a book on the podracers if they offered me 15 bucks to read it. I'm just saying Corey, be a little more loose with this idea. It's a great one, but too restricted according to you.

21. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Ok...I'm stepping in to gain some form of control.

Short Story guidelines....

1. Can be about anything, with a Sci-Fi feel!

2. The stories are open to ALL that are interested!

3. Corey has control (with my guidance)!

4. Pick a topic, character, and/or story line and LET COREY KNOW.

5. Stop arguing over what to write, or what not to write. This book of short stories will be better showing the personalities and emotions of FanForce members if you direct your emotions onto paper.

6. Get writing!

22. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Apr 28, 2001
    Can't Corey be in charge of the rules? I mean, it is HIS project. But for the same reason's Mert gave, the restrictions should be a little looser. I don't see any reason to Mert to stop writing his story because it doesn't fit in the rules. And I still don't fully understand this "Sci-fi Feel" stuff. So what you're saying is not to write Star Wars, but in fact anything that reminds you of sci-fi or something? Personally I'd rather have an all Star Wars story collection. After all, we are a Star Wars group.
    If not, maybe I'll go with Mert and we can write our own Star Wars stories.

23. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
    OK. I had an idea to write a podracer story. Poeple said they didn't like it. They wanted to be able to write anything. Then suddenly, everyone wants to do the podracer idea, poeople are talking about the tellitubby from hell, and Fode and Beed, so I thought people wanted to do the Podracer story. I posted info JUST FOR THOSE PEOPLE. You can still write whatever you want. Geez, Mitch, read before you post. I don't WANT to make all the rules because then when people get mad, the blame falls on me. Write whatever you want, just let me now what your writing. It's very simple. Now calm down. I have a tranquilizer if you need one.

P.S. Naboo becomes Dagobah in Episode 3 and Yoda is a midget gungan.

24. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    I guess Nick doesn't understand guideline #5.

a. Corey is in charge, but if people start arguing over meaningless issues, like now, I'm stepping in.

b. Sci-Fi or science fiction (n.) A literary or cinematic genre in which fantasy, typically based on speculative scientific discoveries or developments, environmental changes, space travel, or life on other planets, forms part of the plot or background. ****Write within this reference point****

c. NEW guideline number 7 - you don't like the guidelines...don't submit a story.

This is to be a fun thing for everyone to enjoy. Write what you want and submit it. I've seen part of 2 stories so far. There great.

25. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I written my story.

I'm looking for some constructive criticisms as this was my very first attempt at writing any form of fanfic.

I've posted it in the FanFiction forum in the Jedi Council for people to critique. Your comments are welcome.

Missed Again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.