Tales of the Supernova Shipyard (my SW fanfic)

Discussion in 'Calgary, AB' started by Jedi_Ranger_007, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    For a while now, I've been considering writing a backstory for my "prototype" starship designs, and my "Supernova Prototypes" website. After much thinking, I decided on a rough outline, and began writing. I decided to first write a background chapter, before getting into individual 'adventures'.

So, without further time-wasting, here is the beginning of my first ever Star Wars fanfic, Tales of the Supernova Shipyard.

Tales of the Supernova Shipyard - Prologue.pdf

Wanderer history "bonus" chapter

[image=http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/Star%20Wars/Wanderer_001_700x485.jpg]
  2. Darth_Corro Jedi Master

star 2
    The background of Supernova is great. You paint a great picture of what its all about. I'm glad you clarified that the individual adventures would come after. I look forward to reading about the characters and their places in your world. Nice work.

I write scripts for my cartoons and I keep my stories very character driven. The worlds that they live in are often fleshed out in a visual form, much like comics. It's always great to read a good author bring the reader into a world with just words. I admire that.

I've always wanted to pay tribute and do a short fanfilm but never got around to it, but since I got involved with you guys, I may sneak some SW references into my current project. hehe.

Again, great work.
  3. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you very much! :D:D:D

If you check out my site, and dig around, you'll eventually find the Mechwarrior partial role-play story I wrote last year.
  4. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    When I get back to working on my story I think I'll flash forward a bit to where Shatir Lavan and Yrt take a trip to the Supernova Shipyards. That sounds awesome, keep it up.
  5. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    That sounds cool. If you don't mind, maybe I'll do a "cross-over" also.

Would their visit by any chance, be promted by a need for a custom ship for Yrt? ;)

Let me know, either here or email or PM or MSN, and maybe we can coordinate something, so we don't "screw-around" with each other's characters and plans. I already have some ideas in mind how this could work.
  6. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Here's my idea:
    Before Shatir is involved in the story, Yrt gets his lower-case b-wing made by Kr-Ant. Yrt and Kr-Ant fly around, testing out the new ship's capabilities. They run into trouble with pirates around whatever planet, just when Shatir jumps out of hyperspace in his beat-up A-Wing. Yrt senses Shatir's presence and finds his comm frequency, calling him over. This gives the Jedi a little more advantage over the pirates, and they are repelled. Shatir's A-wing is damaged in the process. They all head back to the Wanderer. Since the A-wing got one side completely blown away, it gets refitted with a different style of wings, keeping its speed and agility while providing more firepower. Think A-Wing cockpit, Cylon raider curved wings. Any ideas on changes to that idea or how it could go from there?
  7. Darth_Corro Jedi Master

star 2
    Shatir, I was just reading your sig and laughed my ass off. Apparently I need to g3t l41d. Reading about everyone's imaginations has me thinking...Do I smell fanfilm?
  8. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Don't worry Corro, I can read it too. I'm gonna try to make a little fanfilm with some buddies here in Kelowna this summer. I'm making a couple of hardware sabres for one of them right now. One's a sith sabre with a bunch of one inch spikes on the pommel and near the emitter. I'll post pics in another thread when it's done. But I'll write more of my fanfic soon, and story board some scenes.
  9. Starkiller77 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Great stuff, I can't wait to read more!
  10. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you!

I'm still in the planning stages for chapter 1, so it may be a week or 2 before it is ready.
  11. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, so it has been more than "a week or 2". But when Neal mentioned my story while we were having lunch at Con, that got me motivated to get back to it, in a serious way.

I will not give a time estimate, but be assured, progress is being made. :D ;)
  12. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, something just occurred to me. I wonder how many people have thoroughly explored my website(s), and found my MechWarrior story.

It's not completely finished, but it is a lengthy read, and may tide some of you over till I get some more finished on my Star Wars story.
  13. Darth_Corro Jedi Master

star 2
    We should have a fanfic/fanfilm thread now. I have been toying with the idea of doing a SW animated short for some time and since I met you fine folks, I'm getting really anxious to do it. I have 3 episodes of a cartoon I did a few years ago when I started out that are hosted at newgrounds. Kind of rudimentary, but I learned a lot. Since then, I did a couple of tv commercials for local clients.

But now, I'm getting the SW itch and I have a trooper story I want to write. Btw, speaking of shipyards, have you seen the fanfilm, "Revelations"? There's a shipyard in that film. If you want it, you can get it off their site or PM me.

Here's a link to one of my cartoons:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/59797
  14. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Not to continue derailing my own topic, but I have over 12.5 gigs of fanfilms PLUS the 2-dvd set of Revelations. There is a lot of crap (IMHO), but I keep the files anyway, for reference.

There are lots of fanfilms these days that aren't downloadable, as they are on streaming media sites. But, they usually aren't worth the bandwidth and HDD space to keep anyway. One exception that comes to mind is the Pink 5 series. I only have the first part saved. I can't figure out how to d/l and save the other 2.
  15. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, at this rate I'll have put WAY more time into just researching thigs for chapter 1, than I will actually writting it, when I'm finally done.

And, I keep getting side-tracked with possible ideas for future chapters/adventures. ;)
  16. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, I decided to post a small teaser for my 'fans' out there. It's just a SMALL bit from Chapter 1, about 1/3 of the way in. Enjoy.

17. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dang! I hadn't realised it had been so long since I posted anything on this. Well, after taking a couple months-break for Christmas and busy end-of-the-year work schedule, I'm back at it.

I have put a temporary pause on finishing chapter 1, so I could finally design the schematics of the Wanderer, and I'm also writing a back story (bonus) chapter regarding the Wanderer, including a bit more backstory on the Supernova R & D team.

I just need to add a couple more simple details, and I'll be creating the final pdf and/or jpg versions and putting it up on my site. I think I'll be finished the Wanderer chapter tonight (here at work), and then I'll 'pdf' that and post it also.
  18. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    I present the Wanderer. She is the (mobile) home-base of the Research & Development team called Supernova. I am finishing off a backstory/history chapter just for the Wanderer. I'm also finishing off chapter 1....soon. I promise.

Until I get a proper specs' page created, I'll just post an image file with some specs right on it.

[image=http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/Star%20Wars/Wanderer_001_700x485.jpg]
  19. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    That's really cool, Kris! Are you going to doing schematics of the interior too??
  20. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe....eventually. I just want to get more of my story finished and made available. Maybe if I was able to do more role-play games, than I would have more urgency to do a detailed interior layout.
  21. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, for those that are still interested, hot off the press, here is the History "bonus" chapter just for the Wanderer. It's 3 pages long in pdf format.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.