main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tales of the Yuuzhan Vong - Would anyone like it?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lord_Riven, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    What do you think about this. Should there be a Tales book completely devoted to the Yuzhan Vong perspective?

For example there could be something like

The Shaper's Tale
    The Priest's Tale
    The Worker's Tale
    The Warrior's Tale
    The Intendant's Tale
    The Shamed One's Tale

This would totally reveal all we need to know about the Yuuzhan Vong

Opinions would be appreciated

2. Voren

Voren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Hi

I think that it would be a great idea as it would give greater insight into the caste system that they have and they way that the events of their leaders effects the average Vong.

Would would be really great is a book of artwork or some kind of technicla manual which shows what the various craft and soldier types look like. I know that they are all different, but a picture of a typical 'Vong would be great.

V.

3. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    If there were, I'd read it ;)

I think it would be great if they had information on the Vong before they came to the SW Galaxy as we know it. Things like tales set in their own Galaxy and while they were conquering other Galaxies too :D
    Possibly to establish the background of some of the Vong characters... their fallen leaders and how they originally rose to their positions of power :)

Edit: As to whether or not anyone would like it I think that depends on the actual stories presented ;)

4. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    I wouldn't mind reading a few short stories told from the YV perspective. As long as they are done right, and in character, they can provide an interesting insight into the Vong as a whole, and their motivations in coming to the GFFA.

5. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    I would!!! I would love reading more stories about my favorite extra-galactic invaders, so long as it's done right and they're not portrayed as the brainless idiots they've lately devolved into. Do-ro'ik vong pratte!

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Definately. It's a grand idea, if it's pulled off well.

7. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I'd like it. Wouldnt mind having the "Supreme Overlord's Tale" mixed in there either. I'd wanna see some pre-NJO too.

8. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    This would be a most intriguing book. I would definitely read it.

9. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Been wishing for something like it for a long while.

Hopefully after the NJO runs down, they will release some books dealing with the war from the Yuuzhan Vong's perspective.

If not, I'd probably just write a fanfic or something.

Would would be really great is a book of artwork or some kind of technicla manual which shows what the various craft and soldier types look like. I know that they are all different, but a picture of a typical 'Vong would be great.

I'm in agreement with you Voren. The NJO sourcebook didn't satisfy me enough I need more. Though they probably are going to release another addition to the NJO sourcebook. The last one only went up to Star by Star.

I'd rather have a straight up Yuuzhan Vong sourcebook though.

And HEY DEL REY!! What about a YUUZHAN VONG to ENGLISH dictionary!!!!

Come on the Klingons have their own language for goodness sakes, don't let us be out done by Star Trek! Especially since the Yuuzhan Vong are far cooler than the Klingons will ever be.

10. NikeSkylark

NikeSkylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2002
    i think other people would like it but i wouldn't. i find the yuuzhan vong portions of the NJO books to be very boring

~NiKe, DaRK LaDy oF THe SiTH~

11. xoman

xoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2002
    Uh, yeah.

I would hope that the stories would be of a better quality than some of the clunkers in the other tales books though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.