main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tales TPB

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Dec 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    The Tales in the TPB will run in the order they were printed except for Extinction which will be combined into one comic.

"Also, the dialogue for Extinction was updated because when it originally published in issue #2 the ending had dialogue by editor Peet Janes. (I don't know why that was and don't care to speculate at this point.)"

from Dave Land

2. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Hmm...

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    I've heard rumors, but something doesn't sound too kosher about that that editing change.

I'm not buying the tpb, and am glad to own the original. But when someone gets it could they scan the changed page?

I'm curious what they intend to change.

4. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Me too. I also own the originals. The scanned page would be nice; if worse comes to worse, I'll get it at the library.

5. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    And why even throw peet janes name around? I mean they could have made the change and no one would be the wiser, maybe just think it was story team who wanted the change.

But to peg it on peet janes, why even do it? No one knew he was involved with it in the first place.

I mean if there was something I didn't like and I was involved with editing, I wouldn't peg any blame on anyone, would you? I think it's more proffesional to don't tell any facts, or hint at any facts whatsoever.

6. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    I doubt it's for a negative reason. It's probably just to get the writer's true vision out onto the page.

7. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Still if that's the case, there was no need to peg any blame on peet janes. We don't need to know information like that. It's more professional to not mention any names when changes are to be made.

8. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Where did Dave accuse anyone of anything?

9. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    He didn't have to mention peet janes name at all.

All he had to say was just a few changes were made to extinction. No name dropping was needed. It's not proffesional to drop names in this kinda of circumstance. No one would have been the wiser as to why the text was changed. Most people would have just assumed it was artistic liscense by the ones credited to that story, something they wanted to go back and change.

10. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Hmm, I suppose. Still, if they just randomly changed it with now warning, there'd be quite a bit of confusion. At least now we know some of the deal.

11. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    What Val saod.

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    We don't need to know the deal. Because every time that dave land drops pete janes name(often times posted with sarcasm), it inverably paints peet janes name in a bad light. Rumors grow, and peet janes name gets slandered by the fans.

This kinda of thing is not needed. It's the exact same thing that happens to authors who get there books cancelled. Rumors grow, and actual reasons are far from the truth many times. But the slander is too late, and already paints pictures of those people in a bad light. The story gets repeated everytime even if the facts may not be true.

Sometimes the behind the scenes information should not be known. It is more proffesional for them to just keep it under there hat.

13. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    What? When has Dave EVER slandered Janes' name?

I think you're overreacting just a tad bit. He just wanted to let us know what the deal was. End of story.

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I didn't say dave land slandered peet janes ever. What I'm saying is fanboys often times read into what little sarcasm and name dropping that dave land has given about peet janes(dave has never slandered at all.).

But fanboy who do the reading into it, often times will start rumors about peet janes that do slander his name.

That's why I say it's best to not even mention peet janes name at all, that hint at his effects on comics, that dave land decides to edit later.

read my post above a little closer next time thank you.

15. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    "I didn't say dave land slandered peet janes ever. What I'm saying is fanboys often times read into what little sarcasm and name dropping that dave land has given about peet janes(dave has never slandered at all.)."

I see, I see. But you did say Dave Land blamed it on him, which I don't see at all.

"read my post above a little closer next time thank you."

Sorry :)

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Also, the dialogue for Extinction was updated because when it originally published in issue #2 the ending had dialogue by editor Peet Janes."

there is blame. Because

1. they are changing diologue, obviously because something they don't like about it.

2. The tell who originally wrote the diolague(something that can't be inferred from the original comic)

3. there was no need to tell who originally wrote the diologue, because it pegs blame on person, and says that it wasn't good enough.

"webster, blame:2 a : to hold responsible <they blame me for everything> b : to place responsibility for <blames it on me>"

Peet janes is held responsible for the original text in the issue. There was no need to place any of that responsibility on him, and tell the fans about it. Allowing for some fans to by chance start slandering peet janes, which I have seen happen on these boards.

So yes blame is the correct terminology.

17. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    "1. they are changing diologue, obviously because something they don't like about it."

I sincerely doubt that Dave Land worried about it. My guess is that it was Ron Marz who complained.

"2. The tell who originally wrote the diolague(something that can't be inferred from the original comic)"

To explain why it's being changed back to the original text!

"3. there was no need to tell who originally wrote the diologue, because it pegs blame on person, and says that it wasn't good enough."

Except for the fact that whenever we got ahold of the tpbs, we'd scratch our heads at such a strange change.

Edit: I'm not trying to bust your balls or anything. I just think you're reading a bit more into it then is really necessary.

18. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    But if ron marz was the original author we would just assume he went back and wanted to make it better. There was no need to peg blame on anyone.

The last time I checked most of us are smart enough to use logic and if a change does get made to assume that it was the creator of the stories reason for some unknown reason. Maybe because he didn't like his own ideas. Such as the Lucas Special edition philosophy.

But there is no need to put the responsibility on a 3rd party source. Dave Land didn't have to let out that kind of information.

19. David_Land

David_Land Dark Horse Comics Editor star 1 VIP

Oct 5, 2001
    DRAT!

I've been foiled by VALENTINO once again!

My plans to smear the name of PEET JANES have been RUINED!

Oh, well... Maybe I'll go cheer myself up by stealing candy from children!

BWA-HA-HA!

--Dave

20. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    LOL! See!!

21. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    Dude! He called him Valentino, lol :)

22. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I think Valentino is someone else on the boards, by the way.

I don't think you are slanderer as I said before. But I just saying how if LFL employees gives out a little bit of information, and there are people on these boards who blow it out of the water. They start speculating and making more rumors.

I really think that should be avoided.

beyond that ROTFLOL very funny.

23. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Dave Land "doh" VS Valiento "Valentino"

LET THE FIGHT BEGIN

:D :D :D

24. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    There is alien in vto, ;).