main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tallon IV: Space Pirate activity increasing- Metroid Prime discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Pooja, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    Finally beat it. :D

Took me 16:59, but the final boss was surprisingly easy (for me) once I knew what to do.

The ending is teh cool. It nicely sets up the Metroid Prime sequel. Yes. You heard me correctly. There will be a sequel. :D

2. The_Supreme_Jedi

The_Supreme_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    Yep. I knew that there would be. I can't wait till they come out with it. Retro has been working on it only for a little while though so it will be a long wait :( . Good job, what ending did you get (or what % did you get) The final boss is really easy once you figure out his pattern. Ridley was the hardest boss for me.

3. Chaotic_Jedi

Chaotic_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    I had more trouble with Ridley on normal than hard for some reason. I guess once you learn his pattern he's pretty simple. That pretty much apply's to all the bosses in the game. Espescially Omega Pirate.

4. Lord_Matthew

Lord_Matthew Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Does any body have any cheats codes for like being invinible? I am getting PO'ed over here cause of the these filthy stinking pirates.

5. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Meta-Ridley = Armored Badass

I kinda felt bad for him when he was blasted off the Artifact Temple.

6. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    Is fighting Ridley anyone else's favorite boss battle?

I'm not sure why it's mine. It must be the combination of the Super Metroid remix music, the fact that it's Ridley, and that overall it's just fun to fight him.

7. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I don't know, I've gone through Prime twice now, and I'm trying to beat the game in under 10 hours. That's my goal right now.

And my favorite boss is the Omega Pirate. The guy drives me crazy and wants me to kill everything.

8. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    My first official +1, I'm so proud.

9. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Thans again SC!

Back by popular demand(well actually I was the only on to ask for it, but I am popular!)....

Anyway I have been playing this game a whole bunch lately. I kinda forgot that it existed, so I am back to trying to beat it.

I forgot most of where I was or what I was doing since it has been so long, but I do know I am stuck.
    I have gottan all of the Artifaxcts except 4. I have tried to get them repeatedly but I just get all turned around in the process of looking for them. I have tried to use a Guide but I don't know exactly where to start to find help.

The Artifact of Elder. It is in the tower above the Fortress in the Phendrana Drifts. But I can't seem to find out how to get there?

The Artifact of Warrior. It is located in the 'Room of Research' in the Phazon Mines. I assume this is where you fight Ridley, as in the Corrupt Researcher.

The Artifact of Sun. On the Phendrana Shores Inside the Temple with the frozen waters flowing from the elder. To recieve the Artifact you must thaw the ice. I think I came close to getting this one once, but I forgot to get it. :p

And finally, the Artifact of Spirit. On Phandranas edge there is a a tall cave, to get the Artifact you must seek the unseen entrance (X-Ray visor I assume) at the caves peak.

Any help here would be great. Thanks.

10. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Anyone give me some pointers for the Omega Pirate? I know how to beat him but heard there was a quicker and easier way to beat him. What is this?

EDIT: Beat him.

The Chim,

The only one I remember is the one you seem to know. That is, use the Plasma beam to thaw the ice and it will appear under the statue.

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I never had any problems with the Omega Pirate. I just fired madly and finished him off quick.

12. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    :_|

Oh well I have Echoes now. I come back will try and beat it later.

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Echoes is a great game. It's much harder than the first MP, but it's still fun. Just watch out for those Grenchlers. Ugghhhh.

14. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    You were right, Echoes is a tough game. But I am loving it.
    I don't like the Light and Dark Beam ammo system though. Would be much better if they were like the other beams from MP. Oh well, so far that's my complaining.

I still need help on MP though. I did get that one artifact, the one I said I figured I knew where it was, I was right. I just went over and got it. But the others are killing me. [face_plain]

15. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    The final boss in Echoes was one tough bastard, but I put it in its place. :)

16. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Well I am still in dire need of assistance with the first game. Those artifacts are still tricking me.

Though I have completed 40% of all scans for Echoes, the game congradulated me its self.And gave me a present, what do you think of that?

Any way, back to helping me find the artifacts. :p

17. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I've been watching my fiance play Echoes for the past month or so, first on easy and now on hard mode. I'm pretty interested, both with the story and with the type of adventure game it is. The only problem is that I'm a chick who hasn't had much luck with video games before and I don't even know if I could manipulate the controller properly. What do you guys think? Should I go for it? ;)

Also, are Metroid Prime and Fusion for GameCube? I would think so since they're Nintendo and I don't think there was any other system between N64 and GameCube. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jae O:)

18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Well I am still in dire need of assistance with the first game. Those artifacts are still tricking me.

The artifacts are pretty easy to find. Just go to the Artifact Temple and scan each of the pillars to get hints where to go. In each hint, there is a bolded word that matches a room somewhere on your map. For example, one artifact's clue says "blah blah blah edge blah blah blah," so the artifact is obviously at Phendrana's Edge.

19. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Also, are Metroid Prime and Fusion for GameCube? I would think so since they're Nintendo and I don't think there was any other system between N64 and GameCube. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Metroid Prime is the game that Echoes immediately follows. It is on the Gamecube

Fusion is on the Game Boy Advance. Another great GBA Metroid is Zero Mission, a retelling of the first game with some added features.

Metroid Prime: Hunters is a multiplayer FPS for the Nintendo DS. Currently just a demo, it will be released in Spring 2005

20. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    "blah blah blah edge blah blah blah," so the artifact is obviously at Phendrana's Edge.

I realize that much, but it is a big place. And I am retarded so...that makes it harder.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    And the Gaming Gods have graced me- I finally got past the parts of the Phazon Mines that had kept me stuck for the past several years. I sued to get worn down by the Pirates between the "exterior" save point early on, softened up enough to get owned by those Chozo Ghosts (in the "rotating mag track pilalr via hologram" room).

So, I finally pick it up after all this time, get to that point (in considerably better shape than before, making more effective use of the Ice Beam's shatterific capabilities)...and no ghosts! W00t!

And, after getting killed by the invisible drone later on, I manage to redo my steps (no ghosts this time either), and make it to the second save point, no with Power Bombs and a 5th Energy Tank.

Things are looking up. What a great game too- I'm digging the Pirate log reports about their encounters with Samus, as well as their Phazon and Metroid experiments (I somehow never knew (or just somehow managed to completely forget) there was actually something called Metroid Prime in the game itself until a couple days ago, hehe).

22. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    So I never beat prime because that end boss always owns me...i got it's life down to nearly nothing and I died because it goes crazy at the end of the fight...if anyone has any tips, that'd be great to go back and beat it finally.

But right now I am playing echoes and I'm about 40% done with that...great game too. It seems the bosses are about the same difficulty but the enemies themslves even the space pirates are harder to kill.

23. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    Yeaaaa...I take that back. Any one have any tips on how to beat the big flying moth at the end of dark torvus bog. I know you hafta hit it's wings from the back...but after I stun it ( I don't know how I'm doin that) I can't seem to get behind it quick enough to shot them.

24. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    To stun it use your seeker missiles (shoot all four at once) then it turns its back on one platform out of the three. Grapple over to that platform and lay into it with some charged light shots (IIRC maybe dark ones... try both) but make sure you have a look which platform its back is turned to cos it will almost definitely wont be the one your standing on when you stun it.

EDIT. On echoes I got to the point where you start to collect the nine keys but all of a sudden I got tired of trekking all that way between worlds and i never ended up finishing it. That was about a month ago now.

25. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Agreed. I'm onto the nine keys. I've found a couple by chance but the teking and limited clues are bugging me.

I too am having difficulty with Meta Ridley.

Help would be appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.