main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tallon IV: Space Pirate activity increasing- Metroid Prime discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Pooja, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    ...that woulda been really, really awesome.

3. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    There are elements of that concept that reminds me of Other M, some reminds me of SW:Bounty Hunter. It would have been great if they did get to make that game. I wonder how those multiplayer modes would had turned out or if they were incorporated them properly into the Echoes multiplayer.

4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I have come across some news that Retro Studios might be returning to the Metroid Prime series.

[i][Not enthralled with the idea of a mere port or upgrade, Retro has decided to take a "different, but exactly identical" approach, said Metroid Prime artist Gene Kohler. "We're starting from scratch. We're not upgrading textures or increasing polycounts?we're going back to square one, back to '99. The same storyboards, the same gameplay mechanics, the exact same Metroid Prime. We're really committed to doing this one right the first time, the second time.][/i]
    [hr]

That could be taken as either a remake from the ground up or a new entry to the series using a new engine and assets... I hope we get more news soon.

5. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    I was listening to Jean Michel Jarre the other day, and I think this track sounds a lot like something you would hear in a Metroid Prime game. Maybe not so much the main part between 2:00 and 4:00, but the calmer moments before and after, definitely. The first two minutes I could see going in the background in a cutscene. The part beginning at 4:00, I could imagine playing at a Chozo sanctuary or monument. It would be awesome if JMJ would compose the soundtrack for a Metroid game, but he has said before that he can't see himself composing for films, so I guess that leaves out games as well. Incidentally, his father happens to be the late film composer Maurice Jarre, who is most famous for composing the soundtracks for Lawrence of Arabia and Dr. Zhivago.

This track I could see playing in a place like Phendrana Drifts in Prime 1 or Torvus Bog in Prime 2. You may want to skip to 1 minute in, to not get bored.

This track might be too fast to fit anywhere in a game, but it's a good one, and gives you an idea of his music. He also does stuff that sounds completely different, like this track composed for saxophone.

(My 750th post. I'm 3/4 to 1000. Yay! And I've been here for 8 years! :p )

6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Happy 25th Anniversary Samus Aran!

While there isn't anything official announced to celebrate Samus' birthday.... thus far... a number of people had collaborated and contributed to create an album: Harmony of a Hunter

It has just been released and it sound pretty good from the few tracks I have listened to so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.