main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tallon IV: Space Pirate activity increasing- Metroid Prime discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Pooja, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I fought that rock monster 3 times.....

Now though things are getting hecktic.......

2. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ..to dodge the Rock monster's rolling attack, you have to transform into morphball mode and use the Boostball...

3. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    I beat the rock monster second try... my strategy:

Nothing. I just ran when he did his ball attack, and was hit a fair number of times, and got out with 0 tanks and 74 health :D My brother used the morph ball technique.
    _jOBO

4. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Jedi_Solo, you may want to spend time on an exploration side track. You seem to be a little low on missiles and energy tanks at this point.

5. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Right now I have 6 energy tanks and 80 missles. I now where they have a 7th tank but I don't have the fire gun yet. Right now I am on a mission that was SUPPOSED to be in the Frigate crash site in the Overworld, however I went around because I couldn't find a path the get to the ? and now that has disappeared and a new ? has taken its place. It is saying something about the Phazon Mines Elevator. Is this supposed to happen?????

On a side note yall were right. Those Space Pirates are not the worst things to mess with. Last night I got trapped in a room in the Chozo Ruins and had to fight 3 Chozo ghost......

6. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    I just got the ice beam and I have 7 energy tanks and something like 110 missiles.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Getting to that crah site is pretty complex, you basicly need to find your way so that you can exit through one of the high doors in the crash site area on the otherside of the water.

I couldn't tell you offhand the path because I can't remember[face_batting]

I believe if you can make it to the room with like 8 of those rock-frog things in tjem, (4 on ground level, 4 on an upper level), you can get to the crash site from an elevtaor by that room, which leads to one of the aforementioned doors.

8. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I don't know something is not letting me get there......
    Like I said that mission just kinda...disappeared on me and that other about the Phazon Mines popped up.
    Speaking of that does anyone know what "Benzadrium" is? That is what is blocking my path getting to the Phazon Elevator. I am getting fusteratered because I can't seem to get any further in the game!

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    To get to the Mines you'll need to acquire the Gravity Suit first, which, IIRC, was inside the ship.

10. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I feel so stupid! I saw a door that I had not been to yet went in and BAM! There was the Phazon Mine elevator.

11. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    Okay, I'm just starting to explore the Phazon mines, and these upgraded pirates are kicking my butt. Does anyone have any good tactics for taking these guys out without taking too much damage?

12. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    "Okay, I'm just starting to explore the Phazon mines, and these upgraded pirates are kicking my butt. Does anyone have any good tactics for taking these guys out without taking too much damage?"

Are you talking about the Super Pirates (can't remember their real name) that bust out of the tubes, or the invisibile/purple/red/yellow ones?

For the super pirates, dodge any straight forward attack (push left or right when locked on and hit the jump button TWICE really fast.. will make you dodge) and if he does a ground based attack, jump over it before it hits you. Fastest way to take him down is to use super missiles.

For all other wussier pirates, just use dodge, and use it often. I preferred to use charged-up blasts instead of just pelting them.

The Omega Pirate is a different story. You'll know when you meet him. If you keep scanning everything, you'll know what you need to do to beat him. But if you still get stuck, we can help out.

-Jomero

13. tnt

tnt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    The Omega Pirate is a different story. You'll know when you meet him. If you keep scanning everything, you'll know what you need to do to beat him. But if you still get stuck, we can help out.

You're right he seems like a bast' at first but there is a simple and quick way to beat him. Don't get intimidated by his little buddies.

14. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Guys, I caved in.............I made my girlfriend go buy me the strategy guide........

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Hmm...I'm at Phazon Mines, but I only have 4 energy tanks and 80 missles- judging by what you guys posted, seems I'm a little behind on energy tanks, hmm- this'll make the Mines more interesting I suppose ;;D

16. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Love this game.

And no, I don't even consider this a FPS because I hate FPS yet I love this game. Feels like classic Metroid.

I have a question though. I've been playing along and all, but in the options screen, what the heck does the HUD LAG options do? What happens when I increase it or decrease it? I'm very confused about that as the manual doesn't describe it really.

17. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    AHHHHWWWWW!!!!!!

I just died a most painful death! I am in the Phazon Mines on the first mission where you have to take out the first Elite Pirate. That wasn't hard at all. The thing is that by the time I got to him I only had one energy tank left. Well I got all the way to where the thing with the headlights comes out to attack and I only had my regular energy left at that point. The damn thing whacked me! What is yall strategy for beating it?

Also should I have the Power Bomb at this point in the game? If so where is it at?

18. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    I thought you have the strategy guide now ?[face_plain]

19. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I do but it didn't have anything useful for this part.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>but in the options screen, what the heck does the HUD LAG options do?<<

Basicly, it modifies how much your helmet lags behind the movement of your "head". Like in real life, you'd have to turn your head a bit before your helmet would follow suit. THe HUD LAG modifies how responsive your helmet turns are with your "head" turn.

21. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Finally!! Just past that part and got to the save point. THen I went and got my 7th energy tank.

22. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    " And no, I don't even consider this a FPS because I hate FPS yet I love this game."

I still find it hilariously funny that very staunch anti-FPS people love Metroid Prime. Smartest move Nintendo ever di was call it a "First Person Adventure." But in reality, it's just as much a FPS as almost any other game in the genre.

Seriously, there's probably LESS monsters to shoot in Half-Life than there is in Metroid Prime, yet Half-Life is the king of FPSs (not my personal opinion, but is the general one). When it comes down to it, Metroid Prime really is a game that is in the first person, and where you shoot stuff; therefore it's a first person shooter.

In my opinion, if someone's gun is present on the screen throughout the entire game, it's a FPS.

-Jomero

23. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    I think the main difference is that there is a lot more to do in MP than just go around shooting monsters/people. This game is kind of like playing a Capcom adventure like Resident Evil or Dino Crisis, but in the first person.

Besides, in most FPS that I remember, there is no simplified automatic targeting like in MP, the skill is in the targeting. In MP the focus is not on the shooting but the exploration and puzzles and figuring out how to kill bosses.

FPS and FPA really only share the first person perspective.

In my opinion, though, this game could have been done in the third person and be just as good or better, allowing more difficult platform jumping and allowing the added special item of screw attack.

24. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    I have 11 energy tanks, 115 missiles. I just got the plasma beam, so I am going back to all those big blocks of ice that I wish to melt.
    _jOBO

25. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Yeah that is what I am going to do as well. I have 9 energy tanks and 110 missles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.