main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tallon IV: Space Pirate activity increasing- Metroid Prime discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Pooja, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Well I haven't been posting, because I've been playing! Duh! :)

Anyway... fantastic game. Totally worth the wait. The design, music, gameplay, visuals... it all just comes together in a near perfect package. One of my favorite parts was how you didn't have a save point until like the very bottom of the Phazon Mines... I found it to be really tough.

Anyway, I'm trying to beat the very last boss right now and cannot inflict any damage. I have like 11 energy tanks but I think I need more. Oh well.

2. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    11 should be enough (I think I only had 10 total :)).

The biggest trick with the end boss is that when he's in his "shell" (what he looks like when you first meet him) you use the type of canon depending on his color. Yellow = normal canon, red = plasma, purple = wave beam, white = ice beam. When he rears back to charge you, change into the morphball and roll into one of the trenches and roll past him as he charges to the other side of the room. When he fires the two homing blobs at you, lock onto them and destroy them with a missile each (and charge-up/suck-in the items they leave behind, especially health balls).

When he turns into the floating octopus Metroid Prime thingy, (which may be what you're talking about) you need to wait for him to make a pool of Phazon on the ground. When he does, you need to stand in the pool. When you stand in it, your phazon suit converts your weapon to a weird phazon canon and that is the only thing that can hurt the Metroid. The ONLY attack Metroid Prime does at this point in the game is a huge concentric ring of fire. It is VERY easy to dodge if you jump twice at the right moment. Listening for the sound and then jumping will save you a lot of trouble (it gets easy to dodge even when you can't see it coming).

Metroid Prime will disappear into the different spectrums, so you have to flip between visors (except scan visor, you never need that against him) to see him. He will also summon other metroids to help him. The phazon canon that hurts Metroid Prime will also destroy any metroids very quickly (so, worry about getting to the pool and using it more than destroying metroids the old fashioned way).

The phazon pools disappear quickly, so you need to get to them fast and use it while you can. The phazon canon is one where you can hold down the fire button instead of having to press it repeatedly. After about 5 sustained shots with the phazon canon, MP will die.

-Jomero

3. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    I can't get a 100% (I've missed too many one-shot scans) but I am going to get as close as possible, so i must get all expansions, Energy Tanks, etc. Meta-Ridley sounds soooooo cool.
    _jOBO

4. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Just got this game for Christmas. It's awesome but SO HUGE!!! I have been playing it forever and I'm 00% completed!

5. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I have got to about 56% completed.

6. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Just got this game for Christmas yesterday. I haven't gotten too far into it yet, just to the first little boss. I love it so far...it's so awesome to hear some of the old music. I can't wait to get farther into it. :)

7. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Meta Ridley's battle scene was sexy.

8. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    I finally got 100% in the game. That took a lot of work and patience. Now I'm going to do it again on hard mode and try to get 100% scans also. :p

9. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I need to get that freakin Phazon Suit! Almost there I think.

10. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Okay I've decided I need at least two more energy tanks for the final battle. I can beat the first form, and then everytime I get to the second form, I kid you not; the past two times I had around 50-70 health on my last energy tank, lol.

11. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Dude.......you suck! ;) Joking.

12. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I suck at winning against the finale, yes. :)

Yeah to be honest, RPG's are my motif.

13. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    With practice you can beat the first form without losing a single energy tank. A tip for not losing too much energy is once you destroy those two energy orb things that metroid prime shoots at you they often leave gold energy orbs behind that you can pick up with a charge beam. Also, the wave beam missile combo (whatever it's called) is very effective against MP. The second form is a piece of cake once you figure out its pattern.

14. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I got this game for X-mas. Man this game is everything you'd expect from a new Metroid game and more. I'm simply blown away by the graphics. Also I love how the game stays true to the series.The story is compelling as well with all the scanable text. Right now I'm at Ridly. I'm holding off on him so I can get the rest of the missle expansions and one last energy tank. It's kind of lame because I've enjoyed the game up till now. For the life me I can't find them. Also one other minor gripe is that there is no spinning ball. That's understandable though.

15. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    What's a spinning ball? What did it do in the other Metroid games?

16. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    ....maybe referring to the Screw Attack, which was not needed in this game.

17. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    It wasn't "needed" for any of the games except Fusion in which there are screw attack blocks that need to be destroyed to get through certain walls.

However, it is the coolest upgrade Samus gets in all the other games. They should have at least mentioned it - they explained away a lot of other things.

Like I said way earlier, this is a great game, but Metroid is not Metroid without screw attack.

18. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    ....maybe referring to the Screw Attack, which was not needed in this game.

Yeah that's what I ment.

19. Lord_Matthew

Lord_Matthew Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    freaking big ass plant is killing me.. its been 2 days...
    Getting ready to chuck the game out the window

20. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Are you hitting the solar panels and rolling into a ball to bomb the center?

21. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    Ah, the screw attack.

I don't know whether it should have been in the game or not. I would think that it would have been an annoying move since you're in a first person view, and switching into a third person view for a second or two would be disorienting.

22. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Well you are in 3rd in morph ball mode.

23. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    It wasn't "needed" for any of the games except Fusion in which there are screw attack blocks that need to be destroyed to get through certain walls.

It was needed in Super Metroid as well.

24. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    Well you are in 3rd in morph ball mode.

Yeah, but for an extended period of time. Imagine playing Prime and using the screw attack. One of two things would happen. You would stay in 1st person mode and get disoriented from the spinning, or you would quickly go into 3rd person mode for a second, then return to 1st person again. That would be pretty annoying also.

25. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Not if the whole thing was third person.

With the auto targetting, there really was no good reason to make it first person. It worked for Zelda 64.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.