1. The Jedi Council Forum Rules have been revised.

View the revisions here, and see the Communications thread for more details.

Tallon IV: Space Pirate activity increasing- Metroid Prime discussion thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Pooja, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm having a time finding more energy tanks.
  2. The_Supreme_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Yeah, that helps. Thanks. Funny cause I'm missing 2 energy tanks and I have no idea where they are. I'm mostly looking for Missile expansions.
  3. JediHobbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yeah, that's always fun
  4. Darth_Kevin Force Ghost

star 5
    Metroid Prime will now be a choice for a free game with a Game Cube bought at regular price $149.99. SO those of you who've been, waiting, go ahead and get it when this new deal comes out.
  5. The_Supreme_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Does anyone have a list of the energy tanks locations?
  6. JediHobbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    try going to gamefaqs.com

they have pretty good walkthroughs for most games, and the Metroid Prime ones have most (if not all) of the energy tank and missile expansion locations
  7. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    I cannot beat that damn Omeaga Pirate for the life of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any advice the book really isn't all that helpful on this.
  8. WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's how I did it. He's actually quite easy once you get the hang of it. Start off with the plasma beam. Lock onto a joint, and hammer away while circling. If you notice that you are on a pool of phazon, JUMP. He should not be able to keep up with you. Make sure you are at a good angle, though, when firing; if you aren't square with the target , nothing will happen (this is even more important against the next boss). Once you destroy all the joints and he wriths in pain, swith to power beam and the x-ray visor. Look for the Omega Pirates skeleton and nail him with one, possibly two super-missiles. Once he rematerializes, IGNORE the smaller pirates. If you just move around and jump, the Omega Pirate will actually kill them off for you. Although if you find yourself having problems with them, drop a super bomb from morph ball (don't fight them).
  9. Jomero Jedi Knight

star 3
    The more damage you can do to him while he's in x-ray mode, the better. Since super missiles depend on your normal canon to be fully charged before firing, and since this takes a few seconds, it's best to start charging up immediately after he goes invisible. Most people probably wait until they see him before they charge up and fire a super missile. You waste precious seconds that way. By constantly keeping your canon charged (while you dodge other pirates if you have to) you can get in at least 2 more super missile shots at him each time he goes invisible. That means your fight with him will be over in half the time most people take to kill him.

-Jomero
  10. The_Supreme_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Have any of you beaten the game on Hard mode yet? How much harder is it?
  11. Lord_Matthew Jedi Knight

star 1
    20 hours and 75 percent done?
    R u kidding me?
    I have like 150 hours and 25 percent done. I suck at this game... It took me 2 weeks to beat the Mantis. Now I have th e thermo visor and cant get to the next part of the game. I keep getting killed
    Damn u r too good.
  12. Nai Jedi Master

star 4
    I finally got around to buying this game. I generally don't care for FPSers (mostly because I have slow reflexes thusly aren't very good at them), but I'm liking MP so far. It's definitely one of the most immersive games I've ever played. I hope the escape sequence at the beginning of the game is the only one, 'cause I've always hated them.
  13. Lord_Matthew Jedi Knight

star 1
    NAI couldnot tell u that... I am stuck trying to get around after the thermol visor.
  14. Chaotic_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Ive finally beat hard mode. Ive got to say it is substantially harder than normal espcially the omega pirate who I can beat on normal only losing about 2 tanks. But in hard I had only 2 tanks left. Biggest difference though is that the enemies deal a LOT more damage.
  15. Nai Jedi Master

star 4
    From The Magic Box:
    Retro Studio mentioned that they are already working on the sequel to Metroid Prime for GameCube, the game is planned for a 2004 release.
  16. Yuuzhanvong1000 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Don't Forget the multiplayer mode being mentioned on IGN. Which would be awesome if they do it right....
  17. The_Supreme_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Metroid Prime would have been perfect if it would have had a multiplayer mode. I think the next game will still kick but even if it's a slopy multiplayer but that's just me.
  18. Nai Jedi Master

star 4
    This game certainly is hard, though no harder than Super Metroid, I think. Most of the boss fights have been real struggles, although the one with Thardus wasn't that difficult, just time-consuming. The flying pirates and sentry bots absolutely devastate me. They're so hard to kill and they can drop my health with frightening speed.
  19. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, I finally rented it again. The first time I rented it, I rented Bounty Hunter with it, so I didn't have much time to properly (and fairly) evaluate it. I also dismissed it due to the lack of a convenient sidestep. :D

Now, I just got back my Morph Ball Bomb. Having an annoying time though. The poisonous water needs to die, soon.

Great game!
  20. The_Supreme_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Do you have to scan every enemy and record to get 100% cause if so then I can't do that anymore.
  21. JediHobbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You have to scan everything.

As far as I know, there is only one min-boss that you cannot scan. It's an invisible sentry drone when you are on your way to get the power bombs (IIRC)
  22. Lord_Matthew Jedi Knight

star 1
    How do u kill the freaking rock monster??

23. JediHobbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    use the thermal visor to find which spot is his weak point and then blast away. when that visor starts to malfunction because of something the Thardus does, switch back to the combat visor and the weak spot will be another color (blue, IIRC). Continue blasting him.

Dodge or shoot down the balls of ice he throws, and when he rolls up into a ball, do the same to avoid him easily.

happy hunting! :D
  24. Iwakura Force Ghost

star 4
    Multiplayer Metroid? What, would all the players participating play as Samus??
  25. JediHobbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That might be weird, but it could work.

Like the suits could be shaded different colors, like in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Or each team could have different suit variations, like the basic starter suit, once you get the varia suit, gravity suit, etc.

Of course, the suits would have the same capabilities, but just the look would be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.