main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Talnissa's history fic?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Princess1, Feb 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I was thinking about starting a fic about Talnissa (my orignal character from my Fates Unknown) and her past, etc. after I finish my current story. Is there any interest in this?

2. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Hey Princess!

Here's a suggestion when it comes to writing OC's:

Sad to say, most people aren't real big on OC's (Trust me!) and it doesn't interest them, especially when you don't have a lot of people reading your first fic. I'd love to do original character histories, but there just isn't any interest there.

The best way to get people to appreciate your hard planned original characters is to do sequel fics, or loan them out. Other then that, people won't really be too receptive towards OCs... I've been doing a few OC fics, but for the most part they only compliment the "canon" or official characters.

I have done one original fic that's pre TPM, but even that hasn't rocketed off in success. Mencar and Jara are very much alive and realistic, but then again, because they aren't FAMILIAR, it tends to scare readers away. There's a certain amount of delicacy needed when it comes to original characters, because success is hard to come by, unless of course you can dream up inventive and creative characters such as Jane's An-Paj or Mely's Nadia Montaigne.

For the rest of us, it's difficult to get an OC off the ground. But if you keep working on developing them into "realistic" and likeable characters, you might have readers anxious to read the background of your OC, provided it's interesting and intriguing. :) Good luck!

3. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Thanks, and I do see your point but........

S
    p
    o
    i
    l
    e
    r

I won't be able to use her in a sequel,because she'll kinda be gone. And your right, I've only used her to compliment a movie (Obi Wan) character so far.

4. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I'd suggest maybe putting a little history of her into the story you already have going on about her?

And I tend to use original characters for *main* roles in my stories because of the plots I think up. ( I like to be different, I'd be depressed if anyone did something remotely similar to me.) But the Canon characters are always there, and have thier own little points of view too. I love to see my readers reactions to people I simply made up. (One of them fell in love with one of my male OC's ;))

Oh character swapping is fun too, Mely and I have been doing that. (You'll find her OC's in Shadows because of the Collab we're planning ;)) Rebelmom borrowed Nadia from Mel, and Lainey from me. :D

5. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Actualy theres is quite a bit of her history in my fic, since she's kinda the secretive sort, and so of course some of her past does git reavealed, but I get sorta attached to my characters, and since she has to die at the end of the story, I was trying to think of a way to keep writing her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.