Talon Intelligence Squad - Chapter 4 in the exciting series!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, Aug 13, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    I looked in the "technical manual" and couldn't find any information about this. I was wondering if anyone else knows anything?

When something is moved to an archive, is it possible to move it back? Or later move it to a different archive? Is it possible for an admin to edit or delete posts in an archive? Is it possible for an admin to delete a thread from an archive? I'd like to know this before someone does anything that can't be undone.

When are they going to do a thread update so that we can start making archives? Can we make archives, or does the TF.N staff reserve the right to do that?
  2. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    There is a lot of maintenance, etc... that should be done to keep the UBB healthy.

I haven't played with them yet, but I will setup an archieve on my test UBB to see if it works, and what it does.
  3. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    Thanks for looking into it PB.

I just tried posting to some of the older threads, and I keep getting this message:

"Sorry, we could not post your reply to this topic. Contact your bulletin board administrator and inform them that they may have may run out of available disk space. Their web host may be preventing them from posting new files."

Those older threads also do not have the "administrative options" at the bottom.
  4. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    OK, that's because the Permissions weren't changed, and I can't fix that. Zoro will have to. Also, we will have to do a Update Threads after the permissions are set, so it works.
  5. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    Yes, that's exactly what zoro said he was going to do about a week after the server move. It has now been almost 7 weeks.

The dividing line seems to be around the 60-day point, about mid-June. All threads older than that can't be replied to or moved or archived, and those are exactly the ones that need to be brought up or archived.

Also, there are many, many threads that are "missing," meaning that the links are there, but you get a 404 message when you try to open them. Are they left behind on the old server?
  6. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I wonder if TheForce.Net still has them backed up. That would be cool.
  7. YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus

star 4
    I don't pretend to know anything about the BB software, but I would just like to add that the "missing" threads are being corrupted on a daily basis.

I'm not sure, but it may be a 1 to 1 relationship in that for each new thread, an old one turns up "missing." I doubt it, but it could be a possibility.

Anyways, you guys probably caught all that on my thread in the Suggestions forum, but I wasn't sure whether PB caught it.

I am all for archives, but I am curious how they will function. I am assuming that you might try to duplicate the format, in some manner, of my index threads. If this is the case, then maintenance will surely be a priority to ensure that the archives are kept "healthy" as PB said.

I am having difficulty finding any rhyme or reason to the "missing" thread glitch, but it seems to attack old posts with smaller posts totals based on my research experience. I don't know if that helps...
  8. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    This UBB needs some chicken soup.
  9. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/talonheadquarters/talon2.jpg

Well, it's about that time again! So here we go! The other thread was getting to be quite large so here is Chapter 4 of the story. If you want to join, please write yourself in. We have two spots left in the actual squad but if you want a temporary or permanant position in the story, please say so.

Here is the current roster:

Talon Intelligence Squadron
    Talon Leader -General Kevin Ski - pilot
    Talon 2 - Captain Deli Dix - mechanic, weapons
    Talon 3- Lt. Mara Jade - hacker
    Talon 4- Lt. Milan-Kenobi - explosives
    Talon 5- Lt. Kaiba Cloudrifter - hacker
    Talon 6- Lt. Jaren Kai - sniper
    Talon 7- Lt. Quis Heartilly - weapons
    Talon 8- Lt. Trika Kenobi - hacker
    Talon 9- Captain Kendrick Quinn - pilot Executive Officer
    Talon 10- Lt. Ruby Jade - intelligence officer
    Talon 11- Lt. Netha "Cobra" Dix - Third-in-Command
    Talon 12- Lt. Stone - corspman
    Talon 13- Lt. Telia Aris - sniper
    Talon 14- Lt. Rinin - medic
    Talon 15- Flt. Lt. Ty-gon Jinn - pilot
    Talon 16- Lt. Obi-Wan Jinn - hacker and brother to Ty-gon
    Talon 17- Major. Melarnn Tecc - biker scout
    Talon 18- Lt. Reyanna - scout
    Talon 19- Lt. Callisto - communications officer
    Talon 20- Commander Marhl Kahn
    Talon Squad Cook and Drill Sergeant: Sergerant Bullwinkle

Leaders of the Black Fire Mercenary Group
    Dark Sith Lord: Darth Agent Mulder

And here are the links to the last chapters. They will serve as a synopsis of the action taking place.

Forum9/HTML/001764.htmlTalon Intelligence Squad

Forum9/HTML/001829.htmlTalon Squad - Chapter 2

Forum9/HTML/001897.htmlTalon Squad - Chapter 3 The Saga Continues

Forum9/HTML/001829.htmlTalon Squad Member Histories

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/talonheadquarters/Talon Headquarters Website

http://pub9.ezboard.com/btalonsquadbasethenestTalon Squad Base E-Z Board

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Talon Squad Leader (edited 03-26-2000).]
  10. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Geez, now I feel sad that I'm leaving. Oh boy Yes, mulder, I guess you can kill me off.

Reasons for leaving if anyone cares to know...
    1) to much on at school (ugh!)
    2) too many other commitments on other threads that I couldn't give you guys the time you needed.
    3) This story was just getting away from me!!!

Still, I really liked working on this. Never, know if get all my assignments done, I may come back as another character. (evryone screams and runs away) then again maybe not!

can't wait to see how I 'die' can i at least go out with a bang?

Kithera
  11. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    <<Hey everybody, I will be gone on vacation for several days and don't anticipate having internet access. Don't worry, I'll be back so don't go getting any ideas about killing me off. I won't name any names, MULDER. cya in a few days. MTFBWY.>>

12. Padawan Jedi Padawan

Hi folks!
    Head on over to http://beam.at/sith http://beam.at/sith to see a HEAVILY updated site for the Destiny of the Sith, and even lots of saber tests in the videos and trailers section. There's even a full 1min 15secs fight with full effects, sounds and music and it's only 6MB!
    Go there today - the film is currently in production.
  13. Trika_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    <<Your link to Talon Histories is wrong. I was sent to Chapter 2...If you could correct this, I can add to my history...I really don't feel like searching for it on my own...I'll let you do it. . After a short but sweet knighthood, Trika's back!>>
    Trika Kenobi smiled as she tucked her helmet under her arm. So this was goodbye...
    "You've everything?" Luke asked. His most patient and responsible pupil should know, but it was always good to ask.
    "Everything that I've brought, which was exactly nothing," Trika answered, smiling at the same time. "Thanks for everything, Master."
    "You've been a great student," Luke offered his hand.
    Trika took the hand and shook it firmly, smiling once more and climbing up the ladder to her X-Wing. The Padawans and Initiates below waved to her as she took off, heading on a course towards Coruscant.
  14. Return of the Wattowatta Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Um, I know I'm not the one to say this, but the admins don't really like promotions on threads.

But, while we're at it, visit:
    http://www.stickdeath.com/ http://www.stickdeath.com/
  15. Padawan Jedi Padawan

Yeah, I know, but I'd hardly say it was promotion!! Just giving people a link to something that is *very* relevant to this topic and very cool too!
  16. Jedi-Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    Why doesn't someone go over the previous events, and figure out where everyone is at the moment?
  17. Nomi Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Just in case no one read my last post, here it is-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kaiba and Telia arrived outside of smoke-filled cantina in what seemed like a nano second. Wouldn't you if your fiancee was in danger? They rushed in, Telia's blaster firing at enemies and Kaiba's lightsaber deflecting blaster bolts and cutting down troops. They wiped out quite a few soldiers. Kaiba found refuge in a corner both way in the back of the building, and reached out with the Force to find Kevin and Jaren were- then she looked across the cantina and saw a small hole in the room.
    Thats where they are!

She got Telia, ran to the hole, climbed down, and searched the tunnel for her squadmates. She closed her eyes and let the Force guide her.

" Jaren? General Ski?" she heard Telia whisper.

" Over here!" they both called. The two ran to them and gave them quick hugs.

" Are you alright?" Kaiba asked.

" We're fine- but we're still trying to find a way out of here." replied Kevin. Just then, they heard a noise behind them........
  18. Mekial Force Ghost

star 1
    <<I think this will fit in. Tell me if it doesn't and I'll change it.>>

Scully sighed. Mulder had assigned her to assist in the capture of the General of Talon Squad. But what did she know about commanding Storm Troopers?

"Alright you, over there. And you, the short one, come behind me, just in case I need back up. The ones with the Voloths, go in front. The rest of you, follow along from a ways away. I'll signal if I need you."

Scully watched the Voloths work. Voloths were ferocious dog like animals with noses that could pick up almost any scent. Hopefully they could pick up the scent of the run away Rebels. She watched one of them lift it's head and growl. The others sniffed around the spot where he was and looked started to try to run.

"I think they've found something, Agent Scully."

She grinned. "Alright, lets follow the scent. And you with the communicator, tell Darth Mulder we have Rebels not far from here."

They ran along side the Voloths for ways, then realzied they were leading them in circles. They finally stopped and pawed at the dirt.

"The sewer, Agent Scully, I believe they're in the sewer."

Scully nodded. "I'm going down." she motioned to a small group of Storm Troopers. "You stay here with the dogs. The rest of you, come with me. And set your blasters to stun. Mulder may want to play with them before he kills them."

Scully swung her body easily into the sewer. The Storm Troopers were not so agile, and many of them ended up making a lot of noise coming down.

"...trying to find our way out of here." Just then a Storm Trooper fell down from the ground with a loud Thump.

She saw figures turn around. "Move in!" she called.

One of them drew their blaster, but then stopped. "Mekial?"

Scully was confused. Who was Mekial?

The rebels stood there like stones, shocked. One of them ran up to her to give her a hug.

She pulled away.

Never seen a Rebel thats ever been so friendly to an Imperial Agent before.

"Get them." she repeated. "Blast the ones who resist." She grabbed the woman who had just hugged her. She looked at a tall man, with a General's insignia on his uniform, straight in the eye. "You move, and she dies."

They just stared at her, shocked.

[This message has been edited by Mekial (edited 03-11-2000).]
  19. aquacadet Jedi Padawan

I checked out your site, Padawan, and I gotta say great sf/x shots! How did you do the blaster deflector shots? Did you just swing the lightsaber prop and paint the blast shot in afterwards?

Also, I liked the Force lightning. I wasn't expecting red lightning, but it looked good. I'm not gonna ask you to reveal all of your secrets, but how exactly did you do the lightning effect? I just got Photoshop, so I'm still learning how to use it. Did you use a plug-in?

Keep up the great work!
  20. Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Master

star 2
    <<How's this, Kit? As a death scene, I mean.>>
    "We have rebels not far from here, my Lord."
    "Excellent Tooms," Mulder grinned in satisfaction. "I'll be there shortly."
    The communication was cut. This was working out too well.
    Darth Agent Mulder was there in no time. The Voloths had done well considering the horrible smell coming from the sewers.
    Sewers.
    Mulder jumped into the dark tunnels, automatically drawing his lightsaber at the sound of noise behind him.
    It was Agent Scully. With some friends.
    "Are these the rebels?" Mekial nearly spat the name, clearly disgusted with the hug she had gotten from rebel scum.
    "Excellent work, Agent Scully. They are precisely the rebels who harmed you and your family." This brainwashing technique was just a tad too easy.
    "Mekial, it's me. It's-"
    Mulder watched Mekial's blood boil at the sound of harm to her family. In an intense rage, she struck the woman she was holding, sending her sprawling to the floor.
    Kithera hid in the shadows. Another mission to save the squad. Could the squad at least one moment of peace? The odds of-
    Her thoughts were immediately cut off when she heard the sinister laugh of "Spooky". She turned the corner, finding Mulder and immediately putting her blaster to his neck.
    "Freeze!" she yelled. "Let them all go, right now!"
    Mulder didn't even flinch. "My dear Kithera," Mulder mocked, "aren't you the clever one?"
    "Don't get smart with me, Mulder," her voice was full of nervous threats, but she figured she had to at least try to scare him.
    The Dark Lord of the Sith slowly turned his head. He was full of confidence. "May I ask you a question?"
    Kit was taken aback by this remark.
    "Would you give your life for them?"
    "As a member of Talon Squadron, I would give my life for anyone of them."
    Mulder just laughed. "Foolish rebel." With a small flick of his finger, Mulder turned on his blood red lightsaber, the blade piercing her chest and ripping a cry from the rebel.
    The Sith Lord turned around, leaving Kit to die, to a group of staring Imperial soldiers. No rebels.
    "What the-? Where are they?!"
    No one had an answer. Kit had given the other four time enough to escape.
    Mulder stepped up to Commander Eugene Tooms. "You'd better find those rebels or else I'll have your head for it."
    "Yes, sir."
    The place cleared, leaving the Sith with the now dead Kit. "Such bravery not seen in an Imperial." With that, Mulder left the sewers.

[This message has been edited by Darth Agent Mulder (edited 03-11-2000).]
  21. Trika_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    There wasn't anyone there. There wasn't a reception, even though she didn't expect that anyway. There was no one there save...
    ...Bullwinkle...
    She wasn't even going to start talking to him. All she wanted to know was where everyone was.
    "Hey, Bullwinkle! Where'd everyone go?" She winced after she said it, she knew she'd opened up a can of worms.
    "Nowhere special," he replied. "They just went to save General Ski and Jaren."
    "What?! What happened?!"
    Bullwinkle shrugged. "Beats me."
    "Where did they go?"
    He shrugged again.
    Trika took a deep breath. She unconsciously brushed back a braid of her red hair, one of about a hundred braids hanging around her face. "Try to remember anything you can."
    Bullwinkle looked up fom whatever he was doing. "General Ski and Jaren went to a catina while Telia and Kaiba went to look at wedding dresses."
    That's a start, she supposed. "Thanks," she yelled going out the door. She had to find them quickly. Trika decided to run to the catina she knew Kevin and Jaren really liked, her lightsaber clicking against her side the entire time.
  22. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "Hello," Captian Deli Dix said. "I am interested in joining this estemed squadron. I am an expert with mechanics and weapons. I also have YT-1300, the Sabra, and I rock in that! Infact, I was just with Rogue Squadron as XO until I decided to come to this one. Before that, I was in Wraith Squadron for a week. Then I got transfered to the Rogues."
    "Well," General Ski said. "Cobra, we have several postions open!"
    "Count me in!" Cobra said. He was going to be in Talon Intelligence Squadron!
    "Cobra, your assigned as Talon 2. Unfortunatly, the last one just died." the general said.
    Two, that ment he was going to be ubder Ski's watchful eye. At least he was in a squadron!
    "Sir, my brother, Netha, is a spy. I've heard various rumors that you spy is dead." Cobra said.
    "Well, Cobra," General Ski said. "I don't know if Yrisar is dead or not. Have him come in."
    "Yes, sir!" Dix said energeticly.

Netha Dix found his way to the general's office.
    "The names Netha Dix...and I'm a spy for NRI."
    "Good. Our last spy is missing in action." the General said.
    [This message has been edited by Darth McClain (edited 03-12-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Darth McClain (edited 03-12-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Darth McClain (edited 03-13-2000).]
  23. Padawan Jedi Padawan

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated!

If you want full details, you should email Andrew (the SFX guy of our movie) at destinyofsith@starwarsemail.com but it was all done in Adobe Photoshop.

Yeah, we just filmed us with the sabers and then Andrew put in the blaster bolts. He started with when the bolts hit the saber and worked backwards. He chose the place where it looked best for the bolt to hit the saber.

OK! I think Andrew chose red force lightning because that's what Darth Maul has in The Phantom Menace game. Tht was done with the same process as sabers and blaters, but drawing in random patterns frame-by-frame. There is some plugin for Photoshop which will allow you to do lightning, but it's not necessary and costs more. If you know how to do the sabers (there are plenty of tutorials out there, including on our site beam.at/sith) then it shouldn't be that tricky to do lightning.

I hope that was of help!
  24. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    http://pub9.ezboard.com/btalonsquadbasethenestTalon Squad Base E-Z Board

Here is the new E-Z Board! Please visit it. Post, people! Post!
  25. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    OH! I was listening to Titanic music, the really sad stuff, and so I have tears in my eyes. Thankyou Mulder...that was perfect.
    I would give my life for anyone of them.

Too true.

Kithera

And here we go no fond farewells, not without a bang. Just a little whimper and sigh, to tell them that one has passed a way. One who would gladly give anything for those for which she died.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.