main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Talon Intelligence Squad - Chapter 4 in the exciting series!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, Aug 13, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Agent Mulder

Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2000
    <<Competition? Sure, have him post here, though.>>
    That close encounter with the Talon and Agent Scully was a little too close for comfort. Would she actually remember who she really was? A thorough memory wipe was done, there shouldn't be a problem.
    "Is there anything else you need me to do, my Lord?"
    Darth Agent Mulder turned and put an arm around her. "Yes, come with me."
    Scully followed Mulder to the bridge, where the usual open void of space was filled with TIEs and rebel fighters. "I want you to watch the destruction of Talon Intelligence Squadron."
    Talon Intelligence Squadron? Talons...talons. Squad? Talon Squad. Why did everything seem so familiar?, Mekial thought.
    The Dark Lord of the Sith saw the rising conflict. "Is there something wrong, Agent Scully?"
    Mekial shook her head, not in a negative answer, but to clear the voices. Something was wrong.
    "Your plan has failed, Schnauze. She's unstable!"
    The General trembled. "Sir, the memory wipe was-"
    "Enough of your excuses!" Mulder struck him with Force-lightening, sending him to the floor dead.
    "Commander Pfaster?"
    "Yes, my Lord?"
    "Take the rebel to detention block 42."
    "What rebel, sir?"
    Mulder blew out a breath. "Agent Scully."
    Pfaster looked confused. "Sir?"
    "Don't question, Pfaster just do."
    "Yes, my Lord."
    Mulder looked out into the raging battle. The rebels were in over their heads.
    <<Tell me if you don't want Mekial to come back. There were too many mercenaries to deal with. I'll just kill her off if you don't.>>

2. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    <<Sounds good, Alpha21.>>

The Eagle lept and swerved around several skyhook tethers as its pilot, Captain Kendrick Quinn, nimbly maneuvered the controls. Kevin stood behind him, watching in silence. This was a test, basically. Organa Solo, the one who had chewed General Kevin Ski's butt out for losing the two senators to Darth Mulder was now in trouble. It was up to his squad to rescue her. Time was of the essence, and hopefully Captain Ken knew this.

The homing beacon that was on Organa's person was a red light on the ship's scope. It beeped without restraint, making the team all the more nervous. The sound resounded throughout the ship, echoing in the corners, and bouncing off of the walls.

Kevin rubbed his temples. He was getting too old for this. His mind quickly turned to thoughts of Kaiba, sitting in the back hold, preparing for the mission. He smiled. Soon they would be married. He looked up again and saw the locator beacon become brighter and more incessant. Organa Solo was there, the large building in front of them, or Mulder had prepared a really good trap.

Kevin unconsciously tried to feel for minds in the Force, only to be repulsed by the simple fact that ysalamiri were on board. He remembered the plan. Three groups, two to distract, one to rescue. And of course, he was in on the rescue team.

The Eagle landed softly, something Kevin thought he couldn?t achieve due to his own nervousness. Captain Quinn was a true pilot. He was glad he wasn't piloting the vehicle.

He became even more nervous. The loss of Organa Solo would put the Republic at a great risk. And it would also put one very mad Mr. Solo on his tail. That was all Kevin needed, a bogey like that.

He checked his packs. The laser rifle was fully charged, his small holdout blaster was concealed in his shirt, and his lightsaber hung from his belt, humming from the extra power he had charged it with. He walked back to the hold and looked at his team. He made no words, just hand signals. Silence was necessary. He hoped his team could move out in time to save Organa Solo....

<<I made a comeback. Expect me to be a regular poster once again. >>

[This message has been edited by Talon Squad Leader (edited 03-16-2000).]

3. Mekial

Mekial Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 1999
    <<If all you Talons don't mind, I'd like to stay alive.>>

Scully remembered that voice. The one on the communicator. She wasn't sure who it was, or why she would remember that, but she remembered.

She saw a look of fear cross Mulder's eyes. She heard him tell Pfaster to take her to a detention cell, but couldn't make out anything else. Her head was pounding.

Scully stared at Mulder. And it came back...

Lost in thouught. Hear a sound...turn... lightsaber in you...falling down... looking at evil eyes...slipping into unconsciousness...

He almost killed me.

The voices stopped. She was not Agent Scully, Imperial Agent of Darth Mulder. She was Mekial Yrisar, member of the Talon Intelligance Squadron.

She snarled. Pfaster grabbed her arms, but she wriggled out. She tackled Mulder. She looked angrily into the eyes of the shocked Sith.

"You almost killed me! You..."

She stopped short as she saw him reach for his lightsaber. She jumped back...but not quick enough. His lightsaber nicked her arm. She jumped back and held it. Then Mekial did the only thing she could do...she ran.

Mekial flew down the halls. As soon as she was sure no one was following her, she slipped into a closet.

What am I going to do?

Her comlink. She still had it. It was her only hope now...

"T..Talon Squadron. Th..this is Agent..um, this is Mekial. I'm on the Star Destroyer. I need...help. Please."

She bit her lip. Talon Squad had no reason to trust her now. She had threatened to kill one of them. But now they were her only hope for survival...

4. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Mara Jade carefully checked her weapons for the dozenth time. Her BlasTech DL-18 was strapped securely to her waist, her holdout blaster was in its usual sleeve holster, and her vibroblade was, as always, down one boot in case of an emergency. The hacker was still for a moment. Then her hands shot down to the pack at her hip, doublechecking to make sure her portable computer was still there. It was.

Gee, Mara, big surprise... nothing's changed! Why do you keep expecting it to?

Lieutenant Jade shook her head. She supposed her present state of uneasiness was due largely to the influence of the ysalimiri. During her time with Talon Squadron, she'd grown to rely on the Force as her ally. Without it she felt naked, unprotected.

She wondered idly how the others who were Force sensitive were dealing with being cut off from their powers. A moment later, she checked her weapons again.

Tarkin's teeth, girl, would you relax, already? You're not even really a Jedi... a fact which you really ought to remedy one of these days.

Mara sighed. It was all too much for her. The deaths of Mekial and Kit (if Mekial was, in fact, dead), her recent injuries, this new mission...

But she forced herself to maintain a stiff composure. She couldn't start wigging out; she couldn't let down her squadron.

Tears formed in Mara's eyes briefly, and for a second the hacker thought she might actually cry. For the first time in her almost two decades of life, she fit in. This was her family, now.

This is no time to be getting sentimental, Jade. Stay sharp. Stay focused. Keep your mind on the mission. 'Cause if you don't... there may be more dead bodies of people you care about. She shivered. Or your own.

5. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Ty-gon walked up to Ski. "Sir," he said in what came out as a whisper. "I'm requesting to break from the group and go after Mekial."
    "Permission granted," the General said. "I want her back as soon as possible."
    Ty-gon then went back to get his brother. "See? She's alive. I told you."
    Now, they traced Mekial's signal, and went to where she was.

A closet?

Mulder had melted the wall around the door with his lightsaber, sealing her in. Obi-wan hacked into the computer for the closet, and activated the door's self-destruct.
    "Get back, Mekial!" Ty-gon yelled.
    The door exploded.
    Mekial staggered out. "Quick," she said. "I know where they're holding Councellor Organa Solo."
    They left to rendezvous with the other Talons.

6. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    "Sir, Agent Scully's gotten away."
    Darth Agent Mulder turned to observe Pfaster. "How? I made positive she wouldn't get out."
    "They've got a hacker."
    Mulder rolled his eyes. "All squadrons have some sort of hacker, Pfaster. We've still got security on detention block 10-13 on priority, correct?"
    Pfaster nodded. "Yes, my Lord. Nothing will get past the stormtroopers."
    "For your sake, Pfaster, you'd better be right."
    Pfaster nodded again, a little more nervous than before. "Of course, my Lord."
    The Dark Lord of the Sith dismissed him. He returned to the bridge, watching TIE fighter afetr TIE fighter go down. Where had the glory of the Empire gone? Where were the pilots, stormtroopers? Never in the age of his forefathers had such disgrace come upon the Empire.
    Mulder heard a noise behind him. Blaster fire down the hall. Had they so easily gotten past his stormtroopers? He was outnumbered, severely. Worthless Imperial officers.
    "Spooky" turned around, waiting until the rebels appeared around the corner. He wasn't about to be taken again by rebel scum. Mulder prepared to kill them all.

7. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Obi-wan watched the rest of his squad, now with Mekial included, run down the hall. He would join them shortly.
    He looked at Pfaster, who was running now, as fast as he could. Obi-wan had seen him hide when the barrage began. Now, he took a single shot with his blaster rifle, and Pfaster went down, dead.
    "Hey," he said to himself. "This is fun!"
    His brother called to him. "Are you coming?"
    "Yeah," Obi-wan replied. "Sorry to hold you up."
    "It's okay," Ty-gon said. "Come on, we have to take Mulder out before we can get to Princess Leia!"

8. LeiaB

LeiaB Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 1999
    Reyanna stood back far enough from the others to cover them from any unseen attackers. She could barely make out what Obi-Wan and Ty-Gon were saying, but it appeard they were going to go after Lord Mulder.

A door bolted open behind her and two storm troopers quickly entered the hallway. She ducked behind a cargo box just in time to miss the deadly blasts from their guns. She quickly took out one and Ty-Gon blasted the other. Damn he was fast She gave him a quick nod and got back to her feet.

Her thoughts went back to Lord Mulder...
    She had to somehow notify him before the Talons could hunt him down.
    Too late however, Obi-Wan and Ty-Gon ran past her down the corridor in Mulders direction.
    "Hurry - we don't have much time" Ty-Gon shouted as he ran past her. "Leia needs us - Now!"

They ran towards the bridge at full speed - the Talons showed no fear as they drew their weapons...Mulder was there, waiting for them.

[This message has been edited by LeiaB (edited 03-17-2000).]

9. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Trika Kenobi was one of those put in the rescue team for the same purpose Obi-Wan Jinn was.
    She was a hacker.
    Blaster fire flashed above, below, and inches away, but the group was not veered from their course. They had to rescue Councillor Organa Solo.
    Mekial, or whoever she was, was leading them. Half of the group had split up to confront Mulder, something she hoped she didn't have to do for a long time...
    They rounded a corner, only to jump right back when they all saw a group of stormtroopers next to a cell.
    I wonder which cell she's in, Trika though wryly.
    Trika turned around and whispered, "If you all take care of the stormtroopers, I've got the cell's computer, got it?"
    The rest of her group nodded, immediately opening fire on the Imps.
    Trika got to work, all Imperial cells had a computer. Passwords weren't a problem, but some were rigged if you didn't get it right.
    This is why you went through that long of a training schedule. You're prepared for this.
    Trika sighed and continued to do her job. Hacking.

[This message has been edited by Trika_Kenobi (edited 03-17-2000).]

10. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    The hacker team took shot after shot at the stormtroopers, not wasting one charge, when the assault stopped.
    "Do you think they're retreating?" Obi-wan asked in the eerie silence.
    "No," Mekial replied. "They're done. We killed them all."
    Suddenly, there was a whoosh behind them as Trika succeded and the cell door opened.
    Out stepped Councellor Leia Organa Skywalker Solo.
    "Miss Solo," Obi-wan said. "You're going to need this." He handed her his blaster rifle, and puled out a bowcaster.

Mulder looked around. The Talons were everywhere. He looked at all his officers- dead. His troops- dead. He would take these Talons on himself, one by one.
    Suddenly, the rest of the Talons, with Solo in tow, joined the group.

Mulder's saber ignited.
    In that same instant, Ty-gon, General Ski, Cobra and Netha Dix, and Stone ignited their sabers. But, expecting a saber attack, they were surprised to see him draw his blaster and shoot.
    Before it hit anything, another shot rang out, and someone fell. Mulder's bolt then hit the attacker.

Shelly Draven had shot Obi-wan Jinn in the back, and he had gone down. Now Draven was on the ground, victim of a shot that hit right between the eyes.

Ty-gon quickly went over to Obi-wan, and checked for a pulse. There was one. "We just got Mekial back," he mumbled, "Don't die on me a third time."

Mekial's blaster went off, bringing Mulder down. She shot him three times.
    But there was still a pulse, and his wounds healed rapidly. He was hanging onto life by a thread, but the dark sid ejust wouldn't let him die.
    "Load him on to the ship," General Ski said. "Put him in a bacta tank, and weld the top shut. I want ysalamiri on every inch of him, as well. Put Obi-wan in a med bay bed away from Mulder."
    "I suppose now we only have one of Mulder's flunkies to take care of," Stone said.
    "Who? Kafal the Hutt?" Obi-wan managed to get out, the blow not as bad a thought. "Kafal's dead. I set a thermal detonator in that place long before I was dragged out of there. By now, he's nothing but goo."

Mulder's thoughts were racing, though he was unconcious. He thought about the ships he had- noe Talon ships. He thought about his crew- now dead. He thought about Jane Jinn- all her clones were dead. He knew the secret. When Jinn died on campus, that was a clone. The good Jane from Talon squad had been the real one. He had killed her, and set several evil clone into motion. But they were all dead now. He thought about his life- about Re'deis Scri'ne. He thought about the Force- a tiny glimmer of hope for survival. And he thought of the double wedding coming up- possibly his last chance for retaliation, or his first chance at a new campain.

11. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    Is that another one of your great ideas, Ty-gon? Yet another part I had no choice in playing.

Darth Agent Mulder was semi-conscious. He could feel ysalimir above him. He felt bacta. Wet. Tingling sensation.

"Ok, I'm in a bacta tank. Who would put me in a bacta tank, when the entire Imperial station went down? The only ones on the Piper Maru were myself and...the Talons."

The Dark Lord of the Sith opened his eyes, flashing yellow with anger. Who had disabled him to the point of capture? The idea of capturing a Sith in the first place was preposterous.

Mulder decided to check out the top, but, as he figured, the rebels had sealed it? So how did they figure they were going to get him out without a war?

Mulder, as best he could, growled. Blast this Force-bubble. He wondered how the Force-sensitive rebels would react in his same position. He looked at his chest, the obvious holes in it and chuckled. Three, or was it four? He couldn't see anymore. Something was pulling him back under again.

Darkness.

12. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    //Name: Mekial Yrisar
    Race: Human
    Height: 5'5
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Green
    Current Position In Talon Squad: Spy
    Mekial Yrisar is the fifth child of Wilot and Himia Yrisar from the planet Stepula. She was orphaned at age 12 and went to Coruscant Flight Academy with her four brothers. It was there she met Ty-Gon Jinn. She and Jinn trained together.

At age 17 Mekial left the Academy to work as a pilot and mechanic for a local businessman. It was there she learned the "art" of spying. She worked there for four years, but was put out of the job when her employer was murdered. But she soon found a new position for herself in Talon Intelligance Squad.//

Mekial read those words again and again, trying to regain her memory.
    Ty-gon walked in. "Remember anything?"
    "Only what's on this 'brief history' database," she replied. "One question. Who's Ty-gon Jinn?"
    "I am," the Jedi answered.
    "Oh." She had so much to learn.

13. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    //Name: Mekial Yrisar
    Race: Human
    Height: 5'5
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Green
    Current Position In Talon Squad: Spy
    Mekial Yrisar is the fifth child of Wilot and Himia Yrisar from the planet Stepula. She was orphaned at age 12 and went to Coruscant Flight Academy with her four brothers. It was there she met Ty-Gon Jinn. She and Jinn trained together.

At age 17 Mekial left the Academy to work as a pilot and mechanic for a local businessman. It was there she learned the "art" of spying. She worked there for four years, but was put out of the job when her employer was murdered. But she soon found a new position for herself in Talon Intelligance Squad.//

Mekial read those words again and again, trying to regain her memory.
    Ty-gon walked in. "Remember anything?"
    "Only what's on this 'brief history' database," she replied. "One question. Who's Ty-gon Jinn?"
    "I am," the Jedi answered.
    "Oh." She had so much to learn.

14. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Just one problem Ty-Gon, neither Cobra nor Netha have lightsabers.

[This message has been edited by Darth McClain (edited 03-18-2000).]

15. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    Is that another one of your great ideas, Ty-gon? Yet another part I had no choice in playing.

<<Mulder, personally I thought it was a good idea >>

16. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Jaren and Telia moved into position. They were playing back guard to the rescue mission and were ready for anything.

(O.k. I know this is really short, but I will try to get some more in later. Sorry about not posting latley, all of my teachers decided to gain up on me and hand out non-stop assignments. I will get back into writing more)

17. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Trika Kenobi was staring. Elders had always taught her not to stare. But she couldn't help it. She was staring.
    Right at him...
    How could such a man be transformed into such a monster? One who sees no faces, but cold-heartidly would slaughter any person he felt like.
    Trika had been placed as a guard over Darth Agent Mulder as he floated unconscious in bacta. Everything from the Dark Side was telling her that she wished he would drown in it; in fact, she could repay everything he'd ever done by releasing the oxygen mask that was attached over his mouth and nose. It could all be done in one simple flick of the switch next to her.
    Oh, how the Dark Side tempted...
    Trika stood to stretch her aching muscles. Sitting for hours on end and staring was taking a toll on her. She was starving.
    But she wouldn't let her guard down. She wasn't stupid. The ysalimir should take care of him, but the squadron had been in that scenario before. He wasn't getting out, and he wasn't moving from where he was. She'd make sure of it.
    Darth Agent Mulder awoke for a moment, then fell back into the darkness.
    Trika sat back down, continuing to stare.

[This message has been edited by Trika_Kenobi (edited 03-18-2000).]

18. LeiaB

May 30, 1999
    <OK guys, I am a little confused after that last post, so pls let me know if this needs a correction>

For Reyanna, the ride back to Talon Squad Base was a long one. For the Talons, the mission was considered a huge success. Not only had they rescued Leia, but Mekial as well. And better yet, they had captured the Sith Lord. The mood on the ship was upbeat but uneasiness filled the air.

Reyanna could not bring herself to believe that Mulder was on the ship, a captive of these rebels. Her mind ached and she wondered what the Talons next move would be.

Interupting her thoughts, the Generals voice came over the ships intercom...
    "Great work Talons, you are all to be congratulated on a job well done. All officers will meet on platform 4 upon arrival at base."

In a matter of minutes, the ships touched down at Talon Base.

19. LeiaB

May 30, 1999
    <OK guys, I am a little confused after that last post, so pls let me know if this needs a correction>

For Reyanna, the ride back to Talon Squad Base was a long one. For the Talons, the mission was considered a huge success. Not only had they rescued Leia, but Mekial as well. And better yet, they had captured the Sith Lord. The mood on the ship was upbeat but uneasiness filled the air.

Reyanna could not bring herself to believe that Mulder was on the ship, a captive of these rebels. Her mind ached and she wondered what the Talons next move would be.

Interupting her thoughts, the Generals voice came over the ships intercom...
    "Great work Talons, you are all to be congratulated on a job well done. All officers will meet on platform 4 upon arrival at base."

In a matter of minutes, the ships touched down at Talon Base.

20. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    The powerful Dark Lord of the Sith, in his weakened but stronger state, was taken out of the bacta tank and placed under high security in the Talons' ship. Ysalamiri still clawed at him, digging their claws into his flesh and making him bleed even more.
    "You know," Mulder spoke through gritted teeth, ripping a particularly well-attached ysalamiri from his arm, "for a group of rebels who seemed so facinated with healing me, after shooting me three times, you sure can put a Sith through a excrutiating amount of pain," Mulder finally ripped it off, giving it a squeeze, and throwing it to the ground in two pieces.
    The one guarding him, which he could barely make out as Trika Kenobi, said nothing.
    Darth Agent Mulder laughed. "Quite a predicament I'm in, I suppose."
    Kenobi still said nothing.
    Mulder cocked his head to one side, staring at the rebel. "I'm going to kill you, Trika."
    The rebel's eyes grew wide. Even though she was a Jedi, he could feel the fear gripping her, strangling her.
    "I'm going to kill every Force-sensitive individual in Talon Intelligence Squadron, and I'll start with you!" Mulder sneered, laughing.

[This message has been edited by Darth Agent Mulder (edited 03-19-2000).]

21. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Cobra walked to Lt. Callisto, Talon Squad's newest member and comm officer.
    "Hello, I'm Deli Dix, but you can call me Cobra," Captain Dix said.
    "Hello, I'm Callisto," the Jedi, unknown to anyone but Fionna and Kyle Katarn, said.
    "Wow, I'm in awe that we got Darth Mulder in my first mission! And we didn't lose anyone, either! Now that Mekials back, everyone's here!
    To himself, Cobra thought Except for Kit', the original Talon 2.

He was getting along fine with the others, but Netha had become uneasy ever since the returned to the Nest. He's probably worried Mekial will want her call-sighn back .

<<Just a ? Why am I the only person that responds to my FanFic?>>

22. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Mulder had been moved, but that didn't make it any easier on Trika. He was still there.
    He even started up a conversation with her. Then the tide turned.
    "I'm going to kill you, Trika."
    Trika visibly jumped back, standing up and knocking over the chair she was sitting in. She had never had a problem with fear of any kind. But something was different about Darth Agent Mulder. Something gripped her. Mulder started to laugh.
    "I'm going to kill every Force-sensitive individual in Talon Intelligence Squadron, and I'll start with you!"
    Trika ripped out her comlink. "Can I get someone to guard Mulder while I take a break?"
    "Sure," General Ski said cheerfully. He was there in a minute. "Anything wrong?"
    Trika shook her head. "I'm fine. My muscles just ache, that's all."
    "He's a Jedi as well, Trika. What makes you think you can lie to him?"
    General Ski noticed, but didn't ask. She seemed shaken. "You sure you don't want a sub or something?"
    Trika smiled. "I'm fine. You can get back to what you were doing now. I'm sorry to have disturbed you."
    Kevin nodded and left her there with the Sith Lord. Trika grabbed her chair and sat down again, watching Mulder's every move.

[This message has been edited by Trika_Kenobi (edited 03-19-2000).]

23. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    Mekial sat back in her chair, staring at a poster of Talon Squad that Ty-gon had made her. It had a picture of each member, along with their rank, and their names. She'd been sitting here for hours, trying to remember anything. A memory, a feeling, anything. Anything she could grab hold of and know for sure that it was real, and that she hadn't been lied to again.

They won't lie to you, they're family!

Mekial sighed. That was one thing she was almost sure of, but it was a little bit harder to trust anyone now.

She stared out the window, looking at nothing. She hadn't talked to too many people in the last few days, spending most of her time trying to remember.

Thats not the truth, your afraid. Your afraid they're not going to accept you.

She let out another long sigh. Maybe she should go try to talk to them now. She had memorized most of their names from the board. She got up, a little afraid, but knowing she had to do it.

She walked out of her room and down the hall. She rounded a corner and came face-to-face with Kaiba Cloudrifter.

No! Not her! I threatened to kill her! No! I'm not ready for this!

The woman before her gave her a small smile. "How're you feeling?"

"Fine."

For a moment neither of them said anything, unsure how to react to the other.

Just do it, Mek

"Kaiba, I'm sorry."

Kaiba looked at her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't...I...didn't know who you were."

But the words sounded hollow, even to her. She turned quickly, heading back to her room. But a hand on her shoulder stopped her. She turned around, and Kaiba enveloped her in a hug. After a few moments, she pulled back. Mekial smiled. Maybe things would get back to normal.

[This message has been edited by Mekial (edited 03-19-2000).]

24. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    General Kevin Ski, Talon Leader, settled down into his chair, and tried to not think about the mission or his upcoming wedding. Doing so would make him very nervous and exhausted, and he couldn't afford to lose his mental balance.

Stumpy "walked" up to him and beeped a helpful string of notes. Out spat a data card from the little droids input oort. The disk landed on his desk with a clatter. He picked it up and inspected it. Nothing seemed to be wrong with it. He was at first worried it was a bomb. No, the disk was too small.

He stuck into his small datapad and recalled up the file inside the disk. The messsage file opened only to surprise Kevin as being a certain Sabacc Card game Kevin could play on his datapad.

"Did you make this yourself, Stumpy?" The droid beeped happily at him as if to say of course he did. Kevin grinned.

"Is this to waste my time away while waiting for Kaiba to choose a dress, wrings, food, and stuff for the wedding? The droid twittled a little tune from a low note ending to a high octave above it.

"Thanks, but I don't know how to play Sabacc." A little arm came out of the droid and pulled the disk out of Kevin's datapad. The droid insterted the disk into his input port.

"You're gonna teach me, aren't you?" Kevin said, grinning again. The droid rolled backward, turned the office lights low, and began playing a holo of Kevin's first lesson on Sabacc playing.

25. stoneheart

stoneheart Jedi Master star 1

Nov 25, 1999
    "You got that list for me, H9?"
    "Certainly, sir, but I must say that I don't think it's wise to-"
    "Thank you, H9."
    "But sir-"
    "Do you remember what happened last time you annoyed me?"
    It could have been Stone's imagination, but the crimson droid looked like it was trying to protect the arm he had shot off a couple of months back. After Stone had jogged H9's memory, the droid merely handed him the datapad and walked off silently. Stone smiled, and stepped into the rec room to check his messages before he left.
    Jaren and Telia were gazing intently into each others' eyes, each ignoring the rest of the universe. But it wasn't Stone who brought them out of their romantic haze; rather, it was Stone's shirt. A shirt bright enough to signal a passing Star Destroyer two systems over.
    Squinting against the glare, Jaren asked, "What are you up to, Stone?"
    "I had H9 pull up a list of local cantinas that regularly top the incident report lists. Since we have some downtime, I figured..."
    Telia shook her head. "Be careful, will you?"
    Stone grinned. "Hey, it's me!" Still smiling, he walked out of the rec room and headed for the hangar.
    The couple blinked at his exit, trying to shake loose the glare that shirt had brought.
    "I'll tell Rinin to get ready for his arrival."
    "If he's not back by 0200, we'll send Dix to haul his battered body back here." Content that they had done all they could, the couple again locked eyes and fell into their reverie.

[This message has been edited by stoneheart (edited 03-20-2000).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.