Talon Intelligence Squad - Chapter 4 in the exciting series!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, Aug 13, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trika_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    Trika Kenobi had never been a lady. She was used to grungy clothes, dirty living arrangements, and other un-necessities of life. Her type of work in some squadrons required it. It was something you got used to.
    And now she was in a dress.
    Trika couldn't believe the dress Telia and Kaiba had handed her. It was over-ornate. Trika nearly screamed.
    And now she was there. At the wedding.
    "It's only for a day, Trika. You'll be fine. Stop pouting. A dress won't kill you."
    Trika had taken her hair out of her multi-braided hair, something she never did, and put it into a complicated twist on the top of her head. But there was one thing she wouldn't rid herself of.
    Her lightsaber.
    Trika supressed a laugh. If Mulder showed his face here, she'd take off her heels and whip out her lightsaber, fighting him then and there with her wedding dress on. If that didn't work, she'd simply knock him out by throwing her heels at him.
    Stumpy rolled by, spraying flower petals everywhere.
    The music had begun, and everyone was now silent. Everyone stood...
  2. RogueLead11 Jedi Master

star 2
    <<<Sorry if I haven't been able to write lately. Extremely busy. Here's a little shortie, just to establish the fact that Kendrick is still alive. >>>

As the first swells of the music began to fill the chapel, Kendrick rose from the wooden bench and turned his attention to the aisle. Beside him, Quis did the same. Like the other female members of Talon Squad, she wore a beautiful dress for the wedding. Unlike Kaiba's, it had been fortunate enough to avoid liquidation.

As flower petals floated through the air, covering the toes of his boots - shined for the occassion - Ken remembered his and Quis' conversation in the Talon's lounge. It seemed so long ago.

"This place is becoming a real love-in. It's like everyone's dying to fall in love with each other..."

He glanced over at her, chuckled. Quis caught him looking and turned her head. "What?" she murmured, her voice barely audible over the strains of the music.

He shook his head. "Nothing. Forget it." Taking Quis' hand, he gave it a squeeze before turning his attention back to the doorway of the chapel where the wedding party was due to appear.

"Quis. Will you marry me?"

Back in the lounge, the proposal had been in jest. Neither of them had taken it seriously. It was probably for the best, he thought. Relationships could lead to complications. After all that had happened of late, he had no desire for any more complications.

But still... someday. Maybe he would be the one waiting at the altar for his bride to appear in the chapel doors.

Kendrick kicked the flower petals off his shoes and smiled.

It was indeed a happy day.
  3. Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Kaiba didn't have to worry about her liquified dress- she looked just as beautiful in the new one.
    Now, they were just about done with the procession. The ceremony was beginning.
    Telia looked as beautiful as Kaiba did, and Jaren and the Genral stood beaming with happiness.
    Ty-gon Jinn saw the whole thing, and he loved it. He couldn't believe that a happy occasion was taking place without an evil presence.
    "Who's he?" Mekial asked, pointing at one of the grooms.
    "Mekial," Ty-gon reminded, "That's the General."
    "Good," Obi-wan quipped. "He can afford a decent cake."
    "Shut up and be happy for THEM, Obi-wan."
    Suddenly, he felt something with the Force. He could hear Darth Mulder's voice.
    "No, let them say 'I do.' Give the at least one moment of happiness. Give me the detonator."
    No, Ty-gon thought, he should shut up and be happy for Jaren, Telia, General Ski, and Kaiba.
  4. stoneheart Jedi Youngling

star 1
    <<Whaddya say we just sic Mulder on this guy, hmm? Unless someone else wants the lightsaber practice?>>

[This message has been edited by stoneheart (edited 03-25-2000).]
  5. Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Jedi East-
    Do the administators know you're using that kind of language?
  6. Jedi-Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Where is a good admin. when we need them?
  7. Jedi15 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Don't worry too much about Jedi East. He's been doing this in other threads as well (like that rude comment me made toward the writers of the Boba Fett vs. Aurra Sing thread). Just contact an administrator if he becomes a problem.
  8. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    An admin's been contacted. After he hit my thread (not that it's a crime to point out that a long, rambling story is boring and pointless!), I decided to check his record and see if it was just a case of someone really not liking my story (the horrors! ), or of someone just trying for attention. He's hit about eight threads in two days. I think that counts as trolling.
  9. Jedi-Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Are you saying this story is boring and pointless? I happen to have been having a lot of fun writing it, and will continue to do so!
  10. Han Soho Jedi Youngling

<<Pay no attention to Jedi East. He's a loser who apparently has nothing better to do with his time than unduly flame everyone's work and claim he could do better. If it weren't for the fact that he's probably going to be banned REAL soon, I'd love to see his pathetic attempts... then we could all go over and see how he likes the taste of his own medicine...>>

--MJEH
  11. Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling

star 2
    <<Did someone ring? I think I could take care of him for the entire galaxy. By the way, I'm staying out of the weddings, so I don't have a thermal detonator or anything.>>
    The bugs were working beautifully. Darth Agent Mulder could see exactly what was happening at the "lovely" squadron wedding.
    Not that he cared. He wasn't going to bother with it. He had bigger banthas to fry. (LOL)
    That stupid little droid was wheeling down the aisle, throwing flowers. Then the brides came.
    "Syynof, do you have my flagship ready?"
    Syynof snapped a crisp slaute. "The Herrenvolk is at your full commmand, my Lord."
    Mulder nodded approvingly. "Excellent. Are your stormtroopers ready?"
    "They've all been trained and approved by myself, sir."
    Mulder laughed. "That wasn't too hard, was it, Syynof?"
    Syynof made no visible emotion appearant. "No, sir. It wasn't hard at all."
    "You've served under Darth Assistant Director Walter Skinner too long. Have a sense of humor, Commander."
    "Yes, sir," Syynof still portrayed no emotion.
    But it was a funny thing. It wasn't hard at all to train clones of yourself. Mulder's entire stormtrooper legions consisted of cloned Synofs. The original, of course. There would be no failure this time.
    "And you have your instructions, correct?"
    Syynof replied, "Yes, my Lord."
    "Follow those instructions to the letter, Commander. I want what's on that paper, preferrably right away."
    "Yes, my Lord." Syynof turned on his heel and started giving orders to Syyynof, Syyyynof, Syyyyynof, and...
    Mulder grinned. Revenge would be so sweet.
  12. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Oh, J-J... I just realized it could be taken that way! No, I meant mine ("The Penitent"). That'll teach me to try and be self-deprecating on someone else's thread!
  13. LeiaB Jedi Youngling

star 2
    <Hey Mulder, sounds interestering...I'd like to know what's going on in that evil head of yours>

Reyanna was sitting towards the back of the chapel next to Stone, the only person she had come to know since her first mission a few days earlier. She told herself to enjoy the evening as best she could - her comlink had been silent...there would be no interruption from Mulder at the cermony. It was still too soon.

The General and Jaren stood at the front of the chapel, looking a little nervous...but both with big smiles on their faces.
    The brides made their way to the front of the chapel and took the hands of their future husbands. Everyone was seated and a cheerful silence settled over the chapel as the cermony began.
    For right now, even if for this one brief moment, everything seemed at peace in the Universe.

The administrator began..."We are gathered here today to join these hearts in blessed union..."

[This message has been edited by LeiaB (edited 03-26-2000).]
  14. Trika_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    Trika wasn't a crying person. She wasn't an emotional person.
    But it seemed like everyone else was.
    Row upon row of Talon Squadron members were crying tears of joy. The brides had made their way down the aisle and joined the grooms.
    Trika sat upright, but a small motion made her jerk to the side.
    Not another one, she thought.
    Trika didn't want to interrupt the procession, but what if it really was real?
    A very embarrassed Trika Kenobi got up from her seat, right in the middle of the minister's words, and walked over to the East wall. The minister and everything stopped.
    Trika also froze, turning a beet red. "Uh, excuse me for a moment." She reached on the wall and plucked an obvious looking bug from off the wall.
    "You can continue," Trika said while walking to dispose of it. "I must have quite a knack for finding bugs."
  15. Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling

star 2
    "We've lost all contact with Deep Throat 5, sir."
    Deep Throat was the fifth evolution of the bug Mulder had created. "It is not a necessity, Commander Scyynof. It was just an extra accessory. Has any contact been made with-?"
    "You called?"
    Carre stepped onto the bridge, looking as beautiful as usual, flashing one of her smiles.
    "How would you like to be a part of the first step to rid us of Talon Intelligence Squadron?"
  16. Mekial Jedi Master

star 1
    Mekial chuckled as Trika picked a bug off the wall. She had noticed it too, but wasn't about to get up. Not because she was embarrassed to, because she couldn't. She couldn't walk in these high heels. She had taken numerous falls, and had finally decided to take them off while she was walking for fear of injuring herself.

She sighed. The most embarrasing thing was when they had had to stand up. She would have done a flip over the seat in front of her if Reyanna and Obi-Wan hadn't caught her.

I hope there's no dancing after the wedding, because I'll never be able to stay up.

She smiled as she looked at the two men and their brides. They all looked happy, and both brides looked about to burst into tears. Everybody looked happy.

This is the way it should always be...

17. Idiots Array Jedi Knight

star 5
    Jaren stood at the alter dressed in his finest uniform, nervously twirling Telia's ring between his fingers. In a few minutes that ring would bind their lives together forever. The two designs symbolized their past and future. The Talon squad crest and the crest of their former unit, General Moozh's Skifters, side by side.

As the music started, Jaren looked towards the door opening in the back of the room. The crowd stood as Stumpy and H-9 came slowly down the isle first, spreading flowers. Both droids had been given an oil bath and now shone in the light.

Jaren looked out over the crowd and smiled. All his friends were gathered here for this occasion. Trika, lightsaber hanging from an ornamental belt, seemed to be keeping an eye out for trouble. Reyanna, one of the new recruits, was standing next to Stone waiting for the brides to appear. Ty-gon and Obi-wan stood with Mekial, pointing occasionally and whispering. Kendrick and Quis were holding hands and smiling like they had not done in a long time and Jaren secretly wondered if the squad would hold a wedding for them one of these days. He could even see Colonel Moozh - no, she was a General now - and several of the members of her unit he had served with.

The droids stopped at the front of the room and the brides stepped through the doors. To his left, Jaren could hear Kevin take a sharp intake of breath as he saw Kaiba. Jaren's heart began to race. He couldn't take his eyes off of Telia. Her elaborate dress was quite a contrast to the combat fatigues he was used to. She was simply stunning. She and Kaiba made their way to the alter in time with the music and Telia took Jaren's hands.

The ranking General conducting the wedding, a Gotal who looked a bit out of place in his dress uniform, began the ceremony. "We are gathered here today to join these hearts in blessed union. "

<<Going to see a movie, post more later. mtfbwy>>
  18. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    <<I survived my trip. Blah blah blah. Let's get this thing over with, shall we? I want to do some killing or at least give Mulder a really good pounding. Lemme see here...>>

"We are gathered here today to join these hearts in blessed union," the administrator began.

Kevin rolled his eyes. Kaiba saw this and dismissed it. She looked ahead and smiled. Great! Kevin thought, this is going to take forever. He smiled all the while, holding Kaiba's hand while receiving a mental pounding on his head. Weddings are long, beautiful, and deadly. Kevin didn't know if he would survive.

The wedding dragged on, like a slimy Hutt would move on a vinyl chair. The only thing what was allowing Kevin to survive was the actual comfort of this thoughts and as they intertwined with Kaiba's.

The good thing about the Force was what it allowed him freedom. It was like an out-of-body experience. His thoughts mingled with Kaiba's. He could tell she was happy, yet very tired of this extra-long ceremony. He could tell she wanted it overwith. The chaplain, a Republic Military Religious Administrator was talking in a very slow baritone voice. He was also including a couple of his own "jokes" to try and lighten up the mood. So far, the only success he had was the fact that H-9 was having a ball with his little idioms. Kevin rolled his eyes.

The thought that the chaplain was a military administrator gave Kevin an idea. Kevin threw a glance at the rank of the chaplain. He was a Captain. Perfect, Kevin thought. Kevin caught the eyes of the chaplain and made a motion with his hands to wrap up the ceremony. The admin. slowly shook his head, as if to not attract the attention of audience. Kevin gave the chaplain his sweetest smile and pointed very slowly to the five-dot arangement on his military dress atire. A General would out-rank a Captain on any day of the week. Kevin hoped the Administrator would realize this.

The chaplain started to shake his head again, looked at Kevin's rank, and thought better about his judgement. He winced as though he had been struck by a laser blast in the rear. Kevin looked to his right and saw Stumpy's little electrical arm slide slowly back in its socket. That little droid had shown the chaplain what he thought about this little rank stunt Kevin was pulling. Kevin smiled despite himself.

The chaplain rubbed his behind and continued. "Okay then, if there any of those present that think that any of these two couples should not be we, please speak now or forever hold your peace." The chaplain paused. "Okay then. You may now kissed the brides."

Kevin lifted Kaiba's veil and kissed her, drinking in her perfume and eveloping her in his arms. As they kissed, he heard Sergeant Bullwinke yell out, "Let's PARTAY!"

[This message has been edited by Talon Squad Leader (edited 03-27-2000).]
  19. LeiaB Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Reyanna smiled as they entered the reception area. It was all so beautiful...the flowers, the twinkling lights and the music. This was the first time Reyanna had ever been to a party, and she was actually looking forward to the evening.

She walked in with Stone, Obi-Wan, Ty-Gon and Mekial.
    The Wedding party would be arriving soon - but the drinks were already flowing.
    "Let's get to the partying, shall we?" Stone said and took her hand.
    Reyanna and Stone walked up the the champagne fountain and filled up their blue crystal glasses and toasted the success of the evening. No sign of Mulder...everyone was actually starting to relax a little.

Several couples walked out on the floor...she had never danced before and wondered if this would be her first chance at embarrasing herself in front of her new friends.

Suddenly, everyone began to applaud as The General, Kaiba, Jaren and Telia walked into the room. They were immediately rushed by fellow squad members who moved in to congratulate them.

"They all look so happy." Reyanna told Stone. Too bad it won't last, Reyanna was thinking to herself. Mulder was not going to let the rebels have too much fun. He was surely planning his revenge at this very moment...no, this feeling would not last long.

But right now, there was a party to attend.

[This message has been edited by LeiaB (edited 03-27-2000).]
  20. Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Mara Jade shot a grateful look in Kevin Ski's general direction for hurrying the ceremony up. She wasn't sure if he caught the expression or not; he seemed rather preoccupied with his new bride.

The young hacker smiled. She was surprised and pleased to find that the sight of the man she'd loved with another did not cause old pain to resurface; rather, Mara felt happy that the two of them had found each other.

The only discomfort she felt at the moment was caused by her outfit. She knew that since she was Kaiba's Maid of Honor, she had to get all dressed up... but that didn't make her like high heels any better!

At least I have the scant comfort of knowing that I look good... not that it matters, since practically all the male members of Talon Squad are currently involved with someone. Mara smiled ruefully. Sometimes it seemed like this squadron never got its fill in romance... she was willing to bet hard credits that this wouldn't be the last wedding the Talons had.

Things seemed perfect just then... until Mara suddenly realized that Kit was not around to see this.

Lieutenant Jade felt suddenly sick to her stomach. She plastered a smile on her face to cover her discomfort. "Be right back," she babbled to those closest to her. As quickly as she could move in her obnoxious heels, Mara made her way out of the room.

She felt dizzy as she clicked her way to the relative privacy of a nearby storage room. Kit was gone, never to return. Until now, it had not fully sunk in...

She saved my life. If it hadn't been for her, I would have died when I got hit with that shot to the stomach... and now she's dead. I never even got a chance to thank her.

Mara bit her lip as her eyes filled with tears. How can I be happy for my friends and mourn another at the same time?

Sondara Carre met Darth Agent Mulder's eyes with her own silver ones. He impressed her once again by staring right back; an ordinary sentient would not have been able to hold that gaze for more than a second. Of course, he is not an ordinary sentient by any means...

One delicate, pale-skinned hand went up to her head to tuck a strand of shining black hair back around a decorative looking but deadly lacquered zenji needle. She spoke, her soprano voice soft but ringing of steel.

"My Lord Agent Mulder," she said, barely suppressing an unladylike snarl, "I would be honored to help you destroy Talon Squadron."
  21. Trika_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    The party was going great. After that absurdly long wedding ceremony, the party afterwards made it worth while.
    Trika had gotten so tired of her heels, so she finally took them off. No need in being uncomfortable while partying.
    Some were dancing, some were eating, but with Bullwinkle cooking the food around there, Trika wasn't taking any chances. She took out her bag of Goldfish and munched on them, keeping one eye peeled for anyone who saw her, but also for any trouble.
    Everyone was happy. Too bad Kit' wasn't here to see it...
    Trika pushed the bad thought far from her mind. The good thoughts of Kit' rushed in.
    Trika just stood in the corner, content with the company of her thoughts and the Force. Everyone was so happy.

[This message has been edited by Trika_Kenobi (edited 03-27-2000).]
  22. Laguna Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Just letting everyone know I'm still alive and Quis will be making her return some time soon.
  23. Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ty-gon managed to get Mekial hobbled out to the dance floor. She was developing serious blisters on her feet. "Do I have to dance? I can barely stand up!"
    "Did you see the happy looks on General Kevin's face? Now would you want those happy faces to order you to dance like he ordered the Administrator to hurry up the ceremony?"
    "You caught that?" Ski asked as he swirled Kaiba by.
    "Well, the Force pointed out that little hand motion- I figured the rest out when Stumpy shocked the guy."
    They now looked over to see Stumpy dancing with the R2 unit Ty-gon had made for Jaren and Telia's N1.
    "But really," Mekial said, "I don't think I can dance in these shoes."
    "That's why I brought these," Ty-gon smiled, pulling out Mekial's sneakers.
    Mekial got Quis to help her to the bathroom, where she changed shoes ever-so-quickly, then tossed the heels out the window.
    She and Jinn began to dance.
    Obi-wan, solitary for now, drifter over with a plate in his hand.
    "How are things going for you?" Ty-gon asked.
    "Not bad," Obi-wan replied. "I was right, the General sprang for a good cake."
    Suddenly, he noticed that Mara had finished dancing the last song and was looking for a new partner. "Excuse me, I have to be somewhere," he said, all but shoving Mekial out of the way."
    Ty-gon chuckled. "Are those shoes working out, Mekial?"
    "Yes," she replied, "But I want some cake now."
  24. Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Mara was feeling a lot better now, and after fixing her hair and makeup and exchanging her horrible high heeled shoes for some more practical ones (it wasn't like anyone could even see her feet under the ridiculously long skirt she was wearing), she had returned. She'd even danced a little, and to her surprise she found that she was enjoying herself.

From the refreshment table she grabbed a cup of some kind of punch and surveyed the dance floor, trying to locate someone from Talon Squadron who might be up to dancing with her. Suddenly, she noticed that Obi-wan Jinn seemed to be solitary at the moment.

Hey, why not?

Lieutenant Jade made her way over to where he was standing. She tapped his shoulder to get his attention, then smiled. "You wanna dance?" she asked.
  25. Darth McClain Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Caboco Oords' YT-2000, the Punished, landed on Darth Mulder's flagship.

"Mulder," the bounty hunter said. "I will help you with the hunt for those cursed Rebels-expecially Talon Intelligence Squadron. Jed Tarner and I are a great team."
    "Yes, bounty hunter," Mulder said. "I've heard of you." Why would I work with this scum? Wait...Oord's Force-sensative! Mulder thought.
    "You can help me," the Dark Lord of the Sith said, knowing that victory was now definate!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.