Talon Intelligence Squad - Chapter 6 The Regrouping

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, Apr 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idiots Array Jedi Knight

star 5
    The rest of the meal was finished in a tense silence and Jaren hated every minute of it. Why was Telia getting so upset about the whole thing? It wasn't like anything was locked in durasteel. They still had plenty of time to make a final decision. One thing was for sure, they both had to keep things under wraps; they were on a mission and one slip could potentially put the whole mission - and people's lives - in jeopardy.

They left the restaurant and Jaren led Telia to a secluded spot in one of the cities parks where they could discuss things with a little more privacy. In the darkness, the tall trees stretched out overhead and the faint light from one of the planet's moons shone through the branches. Under other circumstances it would have been romantic; now, it was just cold, foreboding.

"Telia, I'm sorry if I've said something to offend you," Jaren apologized. "I just don't think I'm ready to have kids. We still have our careers to think about and having kids could disrupt that."

"Oh, so now this is about our jobs?" Telia asked, not attempting to hide the disgust in her voice. "Not about bringing new life into the galaxy?"

Jaren looked like he had been physically hit. "What?" he exclaimed. "It's about us not coming back from a mission alive. What kind of life would that be for our kids?" Telia hadn't even given him a chance and she wasn't even trying to be civil about the whole thing. "I don't want my children growing up in the middle of a warzone like I did. I just think we should wait until things settle down a bit. Until WE can settle down."

"Jaren, when is the galaxy going to be perfect? When the Empire's gone? The emperor died years ago and the war is still going strong. We've been through a half-dozen warlords, and who knows how many mercenary and pirate groups trying to get a piece of the brullaki. Face it, things will never be perfect."

"What's going on Telia?" Jaren was practically pleading now. "Why are you being so unreasonable? Why does this have to be decided right now?"

Telia paused for a moment and looked at the ground. "Because," she said quietly. "I'm already pregnant."

Jaren's mind reeled and he staggered back as if he had been shot. "What?" he managed to bite out as his knees threatened to buckle. Shavitt; how long had she known? "Why didn't you tell me?"
  2. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    <<This keeps getting better and better and... >>
  3. Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    TSL-
    If I can write for three, you can write for two.
    -----
    The Dragons had been driven back- they had retreated.
    All the ships now headed back to the eyesore that was the newly painted Eagle, where the Hawk would take them back to their asteroid field base.
    As the Hawk passed Ruby Jade/Rinin/Milan Kenobi's asteroid, and then again past Bullwinkle's, they all observed a moment of silence.
    But as soon as they reached the Skis' asteroid, a commlink buzzed. General Ski let the transmission through, and a video feed fizzled through from Coruscant.
    It was Leia Organa Solo.
    "General Kevin Ski?"
    "Yes, Councellor?" he replied.
    "The rest of your squad is here?" she asked.
    "Minus just a few," replied Kaiba. "We lost four in a recent battle."
    "I'm sorry to hear that. I offer my condolences." Leia then straightened up. "I never did thank your squad for saving my life from Darth Agent Mulder. And now I am here to inform you that after your pirate infiltration operation is completed, you will not return to the Correlian Brandy. You will instead return to Coruscant, where we have a new, fully furnished, and improved Nest waiting for you. There you will find housing for the Eagle, the Hawk, the Osprey, your speeders, your many fighters, and the Falcon you recaptured from Mulder. You will also find a new ship: a Mon Calamarian Star Cruiser called the Heron. I asked specifically for these, to thank you."
    The transmission died.
    A cheer went up from the Talons.
    "Finally, some good news for today," someone muttered.
    Ty-gon went back over to CiCi. "Thanks again for helping with my repairs."
    "It was no problem," she replied.
    "I know, but thank you." Then he turned to the General. "I'd like to take over as camp cook for the next few weeks."
    "You can cook?" Ski asked.
    "Could Bullwinkle?"

Obi-wan and Mara were again at the Neimoidian resteraunt the had been frequenting.
    "It's nice to be alone to talk without having to kill pirates," Obi-wan said, getting the conversation going.
    "Yeah," Mara said. "It's good food."
    "I hope so," Obi-wan replied. He tasted his. "Yeah, it is good."
    "I bet it's better than what your brother is concocting."

Ty-gon had placed several hot dogs, two for every Talon, in a pot of water. He looked around the asteroid apartments had a kitchenette- a microwave which would take too long for so many, and a toaster, which wouldn't work no matter what.
    And Bullwinkle hadn't hooked up the stove in the main asteroid.
    His hand went to his belt, and he ignited his lightsaber.
    He stuck the tip of the energy blade into the water, and it boiled in a few seconds.
    He deactivated, then put the hot dogs in buns, set out some condiments, and yelled "Dinner's ready!" through the commlink.

Darth Greywolfe walked onto the Dark Star, having taken a shuttle from the Coyote. Lady Carre, Reyanna, and Mulder were there.
    "I have eliminated all competition within the remnants of the Empire," he announced. "We are now free to worry about the Rebels alone."
    "Congratulations, Greywolfe," Mulder said. "And speaking of killing Rebels, I have managed to do away with four members of Talon Squad."
    "Impressive," Greywolfe muttered in admiration.
    Lady Carre now spoke. "And at this moment, on taking another Rebel squad, my Dark Star squadron is at its prime. Nothing can stop my fleet."
    It was now Reyanna's turn. "I still have information on Talon Squad for you. It had come to my attention that when they finish their most recent mission, they will journey Coruscant, to their new base..." she continued.
    The four massive powers of evil began plotting, planning for a deadly interaction as soon as the regrouping thread was over.
  4. Darth Predator Jedi Master

star 4
    Can I join this story? I want to be a Sith Warrior too....
  5. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    We have enough already, thanks. But some new squad members are needed, however.
  6. Darth Predator Jedi Master

star 4
    I am a rouge Jedi that became a Sith. Unlike other Sith however I use both sides of the Force to my advantage. I have no wish to join the Empire or Alliance however. My goal is to return the galaxy back to the way it started. Total Chaos. My name is Darth Predator. I will succed.

7. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    Visit the official EZ board and let us take a vote.

Also, the new chapter has begun.
  8. Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Darth Predator-
    I hate to tell you this, but you did join the story.
    I was, however, given permission to kill your character when you didn't post.
    Now I feel bad!
  9. WOTF Insider Jedi Youngling

Just as a sneak preview to the fans, for whom we made this film, the 2nd Way of the Force Trailer is to be debtd within a few days, keep your eyes open at TFN and stay here for sneak peeks at the film directly from your insider. MTFBWY
  10. Lilith Demodae Jedi Master

star 4
    Anything not posted to in the last two months will not make the change over.
  11. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.