main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Talon Intelligence Squad - Chapter 9 The Changing Empire

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, May 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Ty-gon felt a stirring in the Force.
    Mara, Trika, Kevin, and Cobra all said over the commlink, "Did you feel that?"
    Ty-gon was almost doubled over with the headache- he knew Homer had to have felt this one too.
    "Something happened," he said, "Someting big."
    "Oh my Force," Mara said, as the thought hit her. "Is Mulder dead?"
    The Force told Ty-gon it was true. A cheer went up from the ex-Talons.
    Then they went back to the fight.
    Ty-gon finished the wiring on the bomb for the reactor. "Trika, is yours done?"
    "Roger that, 15."
    "Mek, see if you can hack into the computer. Find anything that can clear our names before this thing blows."
    Mekial had. "I've got communications records from Mulder to Frohike! This can clear our names! He even admits to having people bomb palaces, or kill crowds, or start viruses or fires!"
    Another cheer went up from the Talons.

Obi-wan led the second charge into the Hover Sphere.
    The rest of the "squad," followed by the Salvos, went after him.
    With half the Sphere missing, the SSDs were able to go in.
    Ty-gon, Mekial, and Trika rocketed out of the hangar with the rest of the squad.
    As they cleared the Sphere, the Unnatural and the Sixth Extinction were caught inside when it blew.
    The reign of Mulder was over.
    All the TIE pilots were confused without Mulder, and many were easy to shoot down. When they numbered only 100, the Talons slipped back to hyperspace, en route to the Heron.

Darth Ash stepped on board the Black Star Destroyer.
    "Lord Ash," Greywolfe greeted. "I congratulate you on doing the impossible. Mulder is dead thanks to you, leaving us to control the galaxy. You are truly a master of the Dark Side."
    "The Talons will soon be cleared and back- against us," Carre reminded. "I've word that the new squad is already after this ship."
    "For the meantime, let us concentrate on the tasks at hand. Mulder is out of our way, Ash has become a powerful ally, we have control of several Outer Rim systems, and I still have Mara Jade Skywalkled in the palm of my hand. The Empire will rise again soon."
    -----
    Gee, Darth Agent Mulder, I'm going to miss Darth Mulder!

2. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Trika still had a headache from a few minutes ago. Force, Mulder was dead.
    The Talons had succeeded in destroying the Hover Sphere.
    Now they were going back to the Heron. Trika was sitting in the lounge, forcing herself to lay down. Mekial walked in, turning her head sideways and frowning. "You don't look so good, Trika."
    Trika raised her eyebrows. "I still have a headache."
    Mekial half-snorted. "It'll go away, just lay there and rest."
    Trika obeyed, closing her eyes and trying not to think about anything, willing the Force to get rid of her bloody headache.

3. Darth Agent Mulder

Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2000
    Most of the Tunguska sector was still in ruins. Those planets in that sector that weren't destroyed were deserted. Just like Mulder to leave his mark on the galaxy.
    Krycek reviewed the data pad again. From what he could gather, several systems were still left open for the taking. The problem wasn't that; it was the fact, though, that he was nameless. All would soon know his name, however.
    Krycek established an encrypted communication line. A very upset officer picked up the other end.
    "Who are you and how did you get this location?"
    Darth Alex Krycek smiled. "I am that which you know nothing and have no need of knowing. I got your location because I am that which you know nothing of."
    The officer seemed to get angrier on both accounts of being out-witted. "State your business."
    "I would like to speak to your superior," Krycek said in icy confidence. "Put me through to Lady Reyanna."

[This message has been edited by Darth Agent Mulder (edited 06-01-2000).]

4. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    <<Yay! He's back, but with a new name!>>

5. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    Kevin Ski stood at the hoverplatform and faced the central dias. He was adressing the New Republic Senate on his recent actions. He had hoped to clear his and his squad's actions, yet in the face of the audience, things didn't look so well. The hover desk rose a few meters and rotated so he could address the whole audience. Kevin took a deep breath and slowly exhaled.

"Senators of the New Republic, members of the audience, I wish to address you on the recent happenings in the deep underworld of the New Republic Intelligence Division. In past few months, my squad, Talon Squad, was created and organized My squad was given the famous name of an old fighter squadron.. Our mission was to find out the happenings of the reforming Empire. The leaders of the New Republic were worried that there weren?t enough intelligence officers doing their jobs.

"On a routine training mission, my squad came across the Black Fire Mercenary Group. They had been hired by the rogue Imperial warlords to destroy the New Republic. We attempted to stop their current operation: the establishment of a new base on a planet proximal to Coruscant. We succeeded. The leader, a one Sith Lord named Darth Mulder, planned to avenge his losses and came against us. We could not report our actions or the presence of this Sith Lord because we were too busy battling his attacks. My squad suffered severe losses. I lost over ten men and women and several gave up in the fight.

"Recently, the honorable Mon Mothma found out about our conquests. We had driven Mulder away and had deterred him from Coruscant and his attempted kidnapping of Leia Organa Solo and several Senators of this very body of officials.

Kevin drew himself up; this was the very thing that had gotten his unit disbanded.

"Mon Mothma gave me direct orders to report to Coruscant. At that time, I was already involved in another plot from Darth Mulder and several of his evil minions. I instigated that Salvo Squadron help us, and I ignored the threats of disobeying orders. I had to save my squad; and I could not abandon them. I could not just give up on them. We survived, save a few, and drew back towards Coruscant. At that time the unit was disbanded. Again, in the face of the New Republic?s orders to withdraw, I drew up my men, sorry, and women, and organized another counter attack. We succeeded, and now Mulder is dead. We destroyed his current project, code-named the Hover Sphere. His evil minions managed to escape, yet we will take to the fight again.

"It is as this time that I ask the New Republic to consider my words as I ask for my squad and myself to be reinstated. I beg of you, please give my back the duty of protecting the New Republic.. As the old Talon Squad motto was, ?We guide you to victory.? Please, the Talons need to soar once more."

And old senator stood and moved to the addressing platform. He moved his arms in over exaggerated movements as he spoke. "Sir, the former-General, Kevin Ski. This body has considered your words before. And we all agree that your testimony holds no water, no evidence whatsoever. Now please withdraw, unless you have more evidence to show."

Kevin gave a look the squad behind him. All of the old members and new stood in silent prayer. They were in perfect ranks with all of the current military members in clean uniform and all of the citizens in dress atire. CiCi and Homer were in the front. He looked into the eyes of both; they were the most loyal members of the squad. They gave him a smile.

They both ran to the hall and brought back a man. He was rank and vile man, yet a man all the same. His pale, bearded face was drawn and sad; he knew what he was in for. Kevin smiled at Frohike as he joined Kevin on the hoverplatform. The platform moved again and circled the audience before Kevin spoke again.

Kevin grinned as he spoke, "Ladies and Gentlemen of the Senate and audience, I present my first and last key witness-"

6. LeiaB

LeiaB Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 1999
    CiCi and Homer knew that Frohike was about to make the second biggest mistake of his life...the fist, of course, was getting involved with Agent Mulder in the first place. Now, they were both quite confident, he was about to lie to the Jedi Council and the entire New Republic Senate.

"State your name for the record." The Council Leader instructed.

"Vailek Frohike." He said with eyes half closed and head down. He was clearly a desperate man.

Kevin cleared his throat, "Please speak up Frohike, so the Senate can hear you speak."
    Kevin did not waste time, "How long have you been working with the New Republic?"

"Three years...and I have not once been recognized for my sacrifices." Frohike was quick to add, lifting his head briefly to glare at the Senate Chancellor.

"And how long have you been serving the Empire?" Kevin's words pierced the silence, and were then followed by gasps and other sounds of disbelief.

"I don't know what you are talking about? I have never associated with the Empire. I serve the Repu...." Frohike was quickly cut off. Kevin turned to face CiCi as she walked up and handed Kevin the disc that Mara had given her just days before. It contained all the proof needed to associate Frohike with the late Agent Mulder.

Kevin held up the disk, "Don't humiliate yourself any longer Frohike. I have undisputed evidence that Frohike has been in partnership with the Dark Lord, Agent Muldrer, for several months...and has planted false information against myself and the rest of my squadron."

Huge smiles covered the faces of the Talons that were proudly standing behind their leader. Perhaps they would shortly been a team once again.

Reyanna and Carre sat in the Dark Star Destroyer library slowly going over the information contained in Mulders personal record. Greywolfe was also in attendence, sorting through what was considered first priority information, and that which would be mostly usless to them when they moved to take over Mulders rule in the Empire. Getting the disk was proving to be extremely useful. The information contained on it was unbelievable. They would know the complete history of his contacts and locations of secret Emperial bases.

They were interupted by Captain Daylek Skerro, "Lady Reyanna - pardon my interuption. There is a message for you. A transmission from another galaxy. Would you care to accept?"

[This message has been edited by LeiaB (edited 06-02-2000).]

7. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Umm, I'm confused. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the new Talons were going out after the Hover Sphere. What is Homer doing in the Senate building? Have I missed something?

8. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    <<We've already destroyed the Hover Sphere, Lilith.>>

Trika watched the whole Senate proceedings with anxious anticipation. This would be it; she would actually get back legally doing what she loved doing best: serving the New Republic.
    Frohike paled a few shades. "What's on that disk is false. I've nothing to hide!"
    Kevin handed the disk over to an official, who took the disk and inserted it into a main holo computer for the rest of the audience to see. He started to scroll...
    And Frohike gasped. "This is incredible! Hacking crimes?!"
    Trika turned cold. Her supposed hacking crimes. All written there. The very thing that took her rank and position away.
    Frohike, if possible, paled even more. "These accusations are, uh," he began.
    "One-hundred percent true?" one of the squadron members offered.
    Trika smiled. She would indeed get back to what she loved doing best.

[This message has been edited by Trika_Kenobi (edited 06-02-2000).]

9. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    Static, and then...
    Whoa. Darth Alex Krycek almost stumbled back a few places. She might not know who he was, but he had heard much about her. But now, it all seemed minute compared to what she really looked like. She was beautiful.
    "Lady Reyanna," Krycek began, "thank you for accepting my message."
    The other faintly smiled. "What business do you have?"
    "The exact business I believe that your Empire needs in order to survive," he said with a slight smile playing his face. "As you know, the late Darth Agent Mulder is no longer a concern."
    Reyanna snorted. "Yeah, thank the Force he's dead."
    Krycek continued. "With him out of the way, I believe there is a need for a stronger alliance in the Empire."
    Reyanna, temporarily bored, studied her fingernails. "What do you propose?"
    Krycek smiled. So this is what it would all come down to. "I offer my services to you and your people, my Lady. My name is Darth Alex Krycek."

10. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Frohike still stood, very pale, but denying everything.
    "So you do deny these allegations?" Ski was asking.
    "Of course I do! I would never engage in dealings with a Sith Lord!"
    Kevin kept scrolling. The plots to bomb a palace near Kafal's, the original Daemonsfire virus, the Llantris episode, all were there.
    But one code caught Obi-wan's eye.
    The Supreme Chancellor stood up. "This is all very interesting, Mister Ski, but have you any more..." he paused to think of a word... "compelling evidence?"
    "Yes, your honor, we do," said Obi-wan, stepping forward.
    The Senate started buzzing with activity at that.
    "I'm sorry for the disturbance, I just have to point something out to General Ski."
    The two talked for a second, then Obi-wan rejoined the crowd, that consisted of the old squad, the new squad, and the Salvos. Jack Thosan, now of Endurance Squadron, had even made an appearance for them.
    "Yes, your honor," General Ski said, "We have very incriminating evidence."
    He entered some commands, and the code Obi-wan had seen made sense to everyone.
    Mulder's voice flooded the room. "Frohike, are you there?"
    "Let the record show," Ski yelled over the sound, "that this is the voice of Fox Scri'ne, better known as the second Darth Agent Mulder."
    "Yes, my Lord?" That was unmistakably Frohike's distinctive voice.
    "I've been able to find something on each and every member of Talon Squad. Are you sure you have the courage to bring up these allegations in the council? You must not betray me, Frohike."
    "Yes, my Lord."
    And the sound stopped.
    Then another played, Frohike's conversation with Mulder actually inventing the accusations.
    Then one more.
    "Frohike here."
    "Good. Gentlemen, I finally have something you can use against Salvo. They've gone with the Talons to come destroy me."
    Then the sound cut off. Kevin spoke again. "That is your voice, is it not?"
    Frohike ran.

11. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    "What?" the Supreme Chancellor asked as Frohike ran.
    "He won't get far," General Kevin Ski said. "The Coruscant guards will capture him soon. But we need him back!"
    "What does Frohike running prove?" the Chancellor asked.
    "He's oviously guilty of conspericing with the late Darth Mulder," Dix said. "It also proves that we are innocent."

(What is the new TIS supposed to be doing now?)

12. Sailor-Mercury

Sailor-Mercury Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2000
    (sorry, wrong name)

[This message has been edited by Sailor-Mercury (edited 06-02-2000).]

13. Melarn Tecc

Melarn Tecc Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Its ok IA, I should be the one saying sorry for not telling you guys earlier that I wouldnt have the best access to the internet. Right now Im just confused on how I would fit into to this picture. Im also waiting till I get the good comp. back so I could actually post everyday and be part of the story. Ill try to keep everyone posted in the future. For now my character is on vacation, so Ill see you all soon hopefully

14. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    <<Thanks for the update, Melarnn. As for McClain's question, the new unit (made up of mostly pretend characters will be disbanded. Insei and Lilith will join the old squad. >>

15. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Sarcasm can be a powerful ally.
    "My lightsaber the Coruscant guards will get him!" Trika yelled as she jumped of the platform. "We're the ones who rewired everything and got past their security system!"
    Trika Kenobi jumped off the next level and started into a dead run. Frohike had gotten a tremendous lead, but she wasn't entirely behind by all that much.
    Frohike rounded a corner and headed for the hanger bay. The Coruscant guards had been summoned, but as suspected, were slower than she. Trika flew into the hanger, where Frohike had just gotten into an empty public transport. He threw the driver out and took a seat, powering it up and-
    Trika gathered herself and Force-jumped onto the windshield of the transport. Ripping out her blue lightsaber, she thrust the blade into the glass and kicked the rest in.
    A surprised Frohike took out a blaster and shot once, narrowly missing her. Trika ducked into the half-way crawling transport.
    Trika stood, standing face-to-face with Frohike. He made a move for a fallen piece of glass, but Trika swiftly decked him. Frohike fell to the floor.
    But Frohike also grabbed her leg on the way down, pulling her with him to the floor. Trika ended up on top of him, but Frohike had stabbed her arm and took the advantage. The two wrestled and exchanged blows for a few minutes before Trika decided to end it. Trika punched him several times in the face and knocked him senseless.
    She stood, grabbing an unconscious Frohike and dragging him the rest of the way to the Senate chambers. The Talons had also joined the crowd gathering outside. Trika dropped him and lifted her arm up.
    "Anyone got a bandage on them?"

[This message has been edited by Trika_Kenobi (edited 06-03-2000).]

16. LeiaB

May 30, 1999
    <<Wow Trika! Way to kick some bad guy bootie >>

Upon the bridge of the Black Star Destroyer, Reyanna paused a moment before looking back up at the image on the message port. Darth Alex Krycek. No, the name did not sound familiar to her at all.

Reyanna let a small smile play across her lips, she was amused..."Well Lord Krycek...I am curious to know what you have to offer." Reyanna brushed her dark hair behind her ear and continued, "I am quite well equiped at this exact moment."

Krycek bowed slightly and replied, "My Lady, I am aware that you are growing in power. I also know you have powerful allies." His eyes pierced the vast distance between them, "But I believe that you will want to hear what I have to say. I am prepared to meet with you in person....at your command, of course."

Reyanna considered it briefly, "Lord Krycek, you have aroused my interest. I welcome your services." Reyannas' face went stern, "I will have my captain send you coordinates of a centralized meeting point. A shuttle will then escort you to our location...if it is determined you can be trusted."

Krycek bowed once again, "Of course My Lady. Until then."

The screen went blank. Greywolfe walked into the bridge and Reyanna turned to face him. "It seems word has spread quickly of Mulders death."

"Indeed." Greywolfe nodded.

"Looks like we will be having some company. I can feel that he is a man that holds some power." Reyanna began walking back to the library, "I am interested to hear what information he thinks he has. I feel he may be of some use."

[This message has been edited by LeiaB (edited 06-03-2000).]

17. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    <<The really funny thing is that she's just as sarcastic and ridiculously tough in real life. Try playing basketball with her.>>
    The shuttle was spacious, to say the least. The interior was dark and dreary. It reminded him of his own flagship.
    Krycek pulled the hood of his black robe over his blue hairless skull, his red eyes alert. Nothing seemed to be amiss, but it was just as well to be on the lookout.
    They landed in the hanger, and he immediately exited the ship on the lowering landing ramp. He was greeted by two guards, who walked him to the meeting room.
    The doors opened, and with a gush of compressed air, Krycek slipped in.
    Reyanna stood, Greywolfe flanking her. Krycek, truly in gentlemanly fashion, walked over, offering his hand. Reyanna nodded, accepting, and Krycek planted a kiss on the back of her hand.
    "It is an honor to meet you in person, my Lady," he said, releasing her hand and gazing at Greywolfe. "Darth Alex Krycek," he introduced himself.
    Greywolfe did likewise, and the three sat. "Now," Reyanna started, "you were talking about offering services. As you have already heard, I am well equipped at the moment."
    Krycek smiled, partially removing the black hood and revealing more of his face. "I offer nothing of face value, unless you consider mere success precious," he started into the tone of voice Thrawn had used often, "I do offer you opportunity."
    Greywolfe didn't seem impressed, but Krycek wasn't here to make impressions, he was here to get his name out. "What do you think of if I were to say the name 'Thrawn'?"
    Reyanna sat back in her chair, and Greywolfe seemed taken aback by the change in conversation as well. "A tactical genius, master of strategy," Reyanna said. "What does that have to do with your services?"
    "I've studied under our Lord Thrawn. I offer you the opportunity to be the victor in battle and not because of brute strength," he had a sparkle in his eye, "but because you outsmarted them."

[This message has been edited by Darth Agent Mulder (edited 06-03-2000).]

18. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Darth Agent Mulder-
    You once made Mara kidnap herself. Reyanna once used my lightsaber on me. I will now make you insult yourself! Muahahahahahaha! Sorry, a little caffine high there.
    -----

Darth Greywolfe stirred in his chair. "You studied under Thrawn? Very impressive."
    Krycek nodded. He grinned, glad to finally have the Dark Stars' attention. Now, his air of confidence and superiority returned as he stood. "You see, Lord Greywolfe, my Lady Reyanna, entering in to an alliance with Mulder was, at best, a dumb move. No offense, but you risked exposure dealing with that power-hungry, vindictive, obsessive, freak."
    "I risked exposure kidnapping the Skywalkers, but that turned out well. We now have several Outer Rim systems," Greywolfe snapped. "We risk exposure at every turn. And when systems stand up to us, we welcome exposure."
    "Surely you agree a little risk is required now and then?" Reyanna asked.
    "Oh, Certainly," Krycek replied, "but what you need is someone who is not only brilliant in his outright schemes, but someone who can be more subtle, someone who can lay the plans for future battles that stem from what you accomplish, and right now, someone to handle damage control."
    "Yes, this is true. And being the pupil of Grand Admiral Thrawn..." Greywolfe paused, contemplating.
    Reyanna took over. "...But what else do you have to offer?"
    "I'm afraid an alliance based on a few claims and suggestions would be," Greywolfe smiled, "A dumb move."

Ty-gon slid his suitcase into his room in the Nest. It was just as he remembered it, though he only spent all of a week there after it was rebuilt.
    The Heron sat in the hangar, filled with the Eagle, the Hawk, the X-wings, the Y-wings, the A-Wings, Jaren and Telia's N1, the Fledgling, and the Eaglet. The Snowspeeders, the speederbikes, the Skis' Nubian, the captured TIEs, the Falcon (which they recovered from Mulder after saving Mekial a.k.a. Scully), and a new Rebel Transport named the Osprey, to account for the missing shuttle, sat in the hangar with the Heron, as did Salvo Squadron's B-Wings. The four droids were busy as they happily mainteninced the vehicles.
    The gym had been restocked and the pool refilled. The furniture in the general's and the XO's offices had been dusted. The food in the cafeteria had been thawed- the "Squad Chef Wanted" sign went back in the window. The Grand Ballroom was opened again. The quarters were once again powered.
    Ty-gon set out his clothes, his lightsaber, and his books. He hung his pictures back on the same hooks on the walls. He flopped back on his bed. He was home.
    Insei and Nash followed Obi-wan down the hall. "There are four empty rooms there, you can pick from those." He turned around and almost collided with Mara. He looked down and kissed her.
    "What was that for?"
    "I don't know. I guess there's just no place like home."

[This message has been edited by Ty-gon Jinn (edited 06-03-2000).]

19. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    <<LOL~Ty-gon...knew it would come back to me sometime.>>
    Krycek shrugged. "A dumb move?" He paused looking into their eyes. "I suppose you're welcome to believe anything that you wish. In my opinion, what you suggest is a dumb move is far beyond what face value could offer," Krycek stood, cloaking himself once again. "Take it or leave it. Thank you for your time."
    Krycek lowered his hood and walked out, leaving Reyanna and Greywolfe to talk amongst themselves.

20. Mara Jade Emperor's Hand

Mara Jade Emperor's Hand Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    <<Um, 'scuse me? My allies? Reyanna, Greywolfe? Where the heck am I during all this negotiation? Surely Carre isn't QUITE that forgettable...>>

21. LeiaB

May 30, 1999
    <<Carre forgettable - Never!!>>

Once Krycek had left the room, Reyanna looked over at Greywolfe - who had taken a seat at the opposite end of the long conference room table. She leaned back in her chair once again, and drumed her fingers against the cold, steel arm in a repetitive motion.

"What do you think of him, My Lady?" Greywolfe leaned back in his chair as well, reflecting back on the meeting that just took place. "Can he be trusted?"

Reyanna seemed distant as she spoke, "I have met Thrawn once...long ago. I was just a girl, training for the Empire myself, but I remember him well." She sat up in her chair a few seconds later as she let her thoughts go and came back to the present. "He trained under Thrawn, that I believe. Their behavior is much the same. Trusted however? No...not until he earns it. Then...perhaps."

"We must make sure he understands who is in control...who holds the power now in the Empire." Greywolfe nodded at Reyanna and smiled, "Our expectations must be made clear. We should track his movements until his motives for this arrangement between us are clear."

"I agree." Reyanna stood and walked towards the door. "Let him know we accept his proposal then, Lord Greywolfe. I will speak with Lady Carre." She nooded in respect to Greywolfe and exited the room.

22. Nomi Jade

Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    "Here's a bandage, Trika!" Kaiba said and handed her a Darth Maul bandgae out of her bag.
    " Thank you, she said, and slapped it on her arm." They returned to the Senate box.

that's all for now, just letting you know I am(wanna be) alive.

23. Mara Jade Emperor's Hand

Mara Jade Emperor's Hand Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    <<Good. I'd hate to be forgotten; I'd have to do something RADICALLY evil to draw attention to myself...>>

Sondara Carre batted dark eyelashes over beautiful silver eyes and offered a smile carefully calculated to enrapture almost any man instantly, then covertly studied her present company of men to gauge their reactions.

Aerok Belacqua, she noted with more than a touch of cruel satisfaction, was completely under her spell. The young captain looked like his heart had stopped in his chest. She had him completely wrapped about her finger now, and she intended to continue to use this to her advantage.

Kyros, her bodyguard, appeared to be somewhat taken in, but by this time, he was fairly used to her beauty. Even so, he was not immune to it. Besides, he was terrified of her, and she knew it.

Taos D'Lars merely met her eyes respectfully and coolly, one professional to another. He was good at this; he, too, had had some experience in Carre's careful manipulation of men by making use of her considerable physical assets. He had, after all, worked for her before.

It rather bothered Carre that she could not control him, but there was nothing she could do about it at the moment. But maybe later... maybe later she could get Taos D'Lars under her spell.

She did enjoy a challenge.

Carre paced slowly in front of the three men, hands folded at the small of her back. "Gentlemen," she said, her soprano voice brisk, businesslike. "I have called you here to discuss the future of the Empire, and what parts you will be playing in it. As you know, Darth Agent Mulder is now dead, thanks to the efforts of Darth Ash."

Her eyes narrowed slightly as she spoke as a brief tide of bitterness washed over her. She had always hoped that she herself would be responsible for her ex-ally's death. But there was no use in indulging in such a waste of emotion. What was done was done, and Mulder was no longer living. That was all that really mattered.

She continued. "All three of you have provided valuable services for myself and my allies, and your loyalty will not soon be forgotten." She favored the three men with an unusually sweet smile. Belacqua looked as though he were lost in paradise. Carre snickered silently, enjoying herself.

"I still have need of your services and your loyalty. I wish to know if I still have it." Silver eyes gleamed dangerously above a predatory smile. "So... do you continue to serve me and the Empire, defending both with your lives, if necessary?"

"Why... of course, my lady!" burst out Aerok Belacqua. "As always, I am at your command."

Good... Carre shifted her gaze to Kyros, who nodded and bowed slightly. "I will continue to serve my lady as she sees fit."

Also good... but here's the tough one.

Sondara Carre fixed Taos D'Lars with an intense stare. "And you, Mr. D'Lars?"

If he was affected by her silver eyes drilling into his green ones, he did not show it. "As long as you continue to pay me, I shall remain in your service."

His coolness infuriated her. How could he be so unaffected by all her most powerful weapons? He did not bend to seductive charm, nor to fear. As far as she could tell, he was neither enraptured with her or frightened of her in the least. Money was all that tied him to her, and that made his loyalty much chancier than she wanted it.

I will control him. Gritting her teeth beneath the lovely smile on her lips, Carre nodded. "Good. I will speak with you later, but at the moment, I must speak with the Lady Reyanna. You are dismissed, for now."

24. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    Krycek stood at the bridge of the Sixth Extinction, Mulder's old SSD. The stinch of someone still not wanting to be forgotten was still here; he could taste it.
    "Tooms?" There wasn't a need for letting a highly experience Captain just wander off.
    "Yes, my Lord?" he said as he looked out at the departing Black Star Destroyer Fleet. "Should we attack?"
    Krycek shook his head. "No, there's no need," he paused. "Tell me, Tooms, if I've gotten my name out to the Empire, what else do I need to do?"
    Tooms thought for a moment. "Get your name out to the Republic?"
    "I was thinking that, and then I thought about how their culture works. Their art changes around the fifth year post-Empire time. Thrawn was around then, and their phychology was being played with."
    Tooms didn't know where Krycek was going with this.
    Darth Alex Krycek smiled. "Let's mess around with the New Republic's mind a little. They think that Mulder is dead, but we all know the Sith Lord survived countless deaths by his power. Why not hit the Republic in the same manner our late Sith Lord would? What was his favorite hobby, Tooms?"
    Talking about Mulder was a common thing around the Sixth Extinction. It seemed Krycek wanted to understand his culture more by their art. "He had quite a few, my Lord. He loved to kidnap rebels, torture rebels-"
    "And all of that will come in due time. I share his hatred of Jedi with a passion. What else?"
    "-blowing up planets-"
    "There!" Krycek stopped him. "No one else in the galaxy had as much of a fascination with blowing up planets. Set a course for Coruscant."
    Tooms hesitated. "What are you suggesting my Lord?"
    Krycek smiled. "Let's remain diguised for now. We'll attack the heart of the New Republic, just as Darth Agent Mulder would have done. We'll just sit back and let him do the work."

25. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    The Black Star's Lambada Shuttle slowly glided into the hangar bay of a new SSD. It was named for Mulder's Sixth Extinction, and rumor had it that many of Mulder's crew had survived and joined on to this crew. It was the base of Darth Alex Krycek.
    No one greeted Lord Greywolfe as he stepped off the ramp. Darth Ash walked out with him. They reached out with the Force, and located Krycek on the bridge.

Krycek was, in fact, there, and when Greywolfe arrived, he could sense it long before the other Sith could be seen.
    "Greywolfe," he said with his back to the doorway, "So nice to see you again."
    "I suppose you know why I'm here," Greywolfe's voice said.
    "Actually, no. The only reason you would come here is to tell me you've accepted my proposal. But why would you? I offered nothing else."
    Greywolfe stepped into Krycek's human range of vision. "I have talked it over with my ladies, and Reyanna seems to think you are trustworthy. I trust her opinion."
    "Who is your friend?"
    The younger Sith stepped next to Greywolfe.
    Greywolfe began speaking again. "This is Darth Ash, the Sith Apprentice who stabbed his master, the late Darth Mulder, in the back of the neck."
    "Impressive, Lord Ash. It is nice to meet you."
    Ash snorted a hello.
    "I warn you, Krycek," Greywolfe said, "If you cross us, it will be the end of you, as it was for Mulder."
    Ash simply smiled.
    "I understand- I would expect nothing less. Now, you should leave, unless you would like to travel to Coruscant with us."
    "What happened to subtle?" Ash said.

Obi-wan and Mara sat down at a table in the lounge of the Nest, newly reopened.
    "Now that things have finally settled down, it's time to make some arrangements for the wedding," he said.
    "Good idea," she replied. "Should we start with the invite list."
    "We can make a seating chart while we're at it," Obi-wan said, quickly sketching out a rough drawing of the floorplan of the grand ballroom. "Okay, we put General Ski and Kaiba up here in front, with Jaren and Telia."
    "We put Homer, Cobra, and Ric behind them," Mara said.
    "I assume Trika and CiCi will be the bridesmaids."
    "And Ty-gon the best man?"
    They quickly scribbled something down.
    A caterer stepped into the room. "What are we doing for the reception?"
    "Neimoidian food," they said together.
    "Isn't that a little spicy?"
    "First date food," they again said together.

Ty-gon was sitting in his room, when there was a knock at the door.
    "Come in?"
    The door slid open, and Mekial came in. "Good to be home, huh?"
    "Very," he said, looking up from the book he was reading.
    "Do you know what everybody else is doing?"
    He put his ear to the wall, and heard Jar Jar Binks say "So good bein' home!"
    "I'm guessing they're watching Trika's Phantom Menace tape."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.