main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Talon Intelligence Squad

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, Jan 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nomi Jade

Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    ::walks in to building, down the corridor, and into a lounge::

Are there any spots still availible? I can't pilot- If one of you were to teach me- I'll join the squad, but I guess until then, I could help organizing stuff, maybe work on the computer........

hey, are the flightsuits orange?????

2. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    A tall man walked into the office of Talon Intelligence Squadron Leader Kevin Ski. He was dressed in a Jedi robe. He put a piece of paper on the desk.
    "My name is Ty-gon Jinn. I'm a droid mechanic, ship builder, combat pilot, and Jedi Knight. I built my own A-wing, and programmed the astromech droid that helps pilot it. This squadron intrigues me, and it is a lot better than my former squadron, TF.N squadron. Are you still accepting applications? If so, I'd like to become Talon 19 and get in on this as soon as possible."
    Kevin Ski stood up, and shook Jinn's hand.

3. Ruby Jade

Ruby Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 1999
    Ruby Jade looked at the list. Each team had a sniper. That was good. Each team had a spy. She sopossed that was fair. But we get Stone and they get Quis, she thought. Not perfect, but okay. She really wished team two had the hacker though. Oh well, she could hack. She wondered if the other team was going to play fair. Probebly not. So she wouldn't either. She took five small devises out of her pocket. No, she was not going to play fair.

4. Mekial

Mekial Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 1999
    At Jaren's order, Mekial got into the "enemies" bag packs. In the lining, she planted a listening/tracking device that was virtually untracabe by any technology Team 2 would have. Now she just had to hope they didn't have to eat their packs, she wasn't sure what would happen then.

Out of the corner of her eyes, she spotted Team 2's water bottles. She shouldn't. That would be cruel. That would be mean. But it just might help her team win...

Taking each members back, she quickly poured a liquid into each bottle, then closed them back up. The liquid wouldn't show up in the water, and it didn't add any flavor. It was perfect.

Moving quickly, she made her way back to Jaren.

"How'd it go?" he asked quietly.

"Perfectly." Mekial answered, a broad grin making its way across her face. "I put devices in each of there backpacks and put something in their water bottles."

He eyed her curiously. "What?"

The grin widened. "A spy never reveals her secrets."

5. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Kit looked up at Commander Kevin her eyes pleading.
    "Please sir. We need you. We only have two pilots and you are one of them. I can't fly as the other day's little demonstration showed. I don't htink anyone can either. Sir, I don't mind doing anything but I think it would be best if I just kept watch. We have two new members as well and I might have to add them to a team. Please sir I'm counting on you to be fair here."

"Kithera, you are second in command..."
    "Yes, sir."
    "Therefore you must show me your leadership skills. Something you are not doing at the moment"
    "Yes, sir."
    "I don't know, your pilot problem does appeal to me. I will have to think about it though. For now your on the team."
    "Um sir..."
    "Yes, Commander Kithera." trying to conceal the annoyance in his voice. Kithera picked up on it though.
    "No sir, I'm not still on the old subject. I just thought there was somehting you should know."
    "Yes?"
    The bloned headed young woman looked slightly bemused.
    "Well, sir. When I was young I accidently overdosed on a new poison that my 'parents' were trying out. It wasn't there fault I thought ti was a bottle of softdrink."
    "Gone on."
    "Well, sir. Since then I have been allergic to any poisons. Anything in drinks that shouldn't be there. I...well, the effects are immeadiate and dramatic."
    "I see."
    "That's great sir, thankyou sir." Kit smiled happily. "Ahh I see Bullwinlke has put the drinks out already." She wandered across to the racks. "ahh, here's mine." Grabbing it along with food and a knapsack. She hoisted it all on her back, with the drink in her hand walked towards the door.
    "Please consider what I have said Captian." She waved cheerily at Kevin, the water bottle half-way to her lips.
    "Thankyou sir."

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    <<Side note. We now have an unfair no. of people in the teams.>>

Kit stopped. "Uh Sir, I just remembered. There is an added person,
    Team 1: Ty-gon Jinn
    Team 2: Lt PAge
    I am unsure. Of where to put Nomi. Team two is without a hacker though." Kit stopped in a rush, bringing the water bottle to her lips. She took a swig, the room began to spin violently.
    "Ah Sir, I suddenly.....don't feel..." she sat down. "Um sir, I think I may have jsut taken care of both problems."
    She slumped over.

<<Sorry that might seem to melodramatic but I couldn't figure out how to get everyone in. If you want up to date lists of who's on e-me>>

7. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    "Sir?"

General Kevin Ski turned to face Mara Jade. "Yes, Lieutenant?" he asked.

Mara wrung her hands slightly. "Sir, I never got around to telling you about my past. Before I head off on this mission, I'd like to get that done."

"Go ahead, Lieutenant. I'm listening."

"Well..." Where to start? So much to say... "I come from a very wealthy Imperial family. You know the type. Well to do, upstanding citizens, total shallow money-crazed snotballs." Her throat constricted as she added the last part, but she shook it off.

Her commander raised an eyebrow. "Continue."

"To them, I was an ornament, a pretty perfect piece of decoration whose purpose was to show off their great parenting skills to all their snobby friends. I guess under those circumstances, it was only natural that I kind of... rebelled, you know?" Mara took a deep breath. "I started doing things just to tick them off. Racing speeder bikes, hacking into classified data... it drove them up the wall. And I was good at that stuff, too. Very good. Not bragging, just the truth."

"Go on."

Mara began to get a bit flustered. "When I was a little past twelve, I decided I couldn't take it any more. I ran away from home." General Ski's expression changed, and Mara rushed on with her story. "It wasn't a childish 'I'll show them' sort of thing. I just decided that I couldn't live another second in that kind of oppression, and wanted to have a life that I could call my own. I know it sounds melodramatic, but it's the truth."

Mara sighed and crossed her arms. "To make a long and rather boring story short, I had a friend in the New Republic, and he convinced me that this was the place to be. So I joined, and came here." She met his eyes. "And that, sir, is basically it. I'm a teenage runaway. Make of it what you will."

She smiled sweetly, saluted him, turned, and walked down the hall to prepare for the war game, leaving him with a slightly stunned expression.

8. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Telia Aris prepared for "war". She had been trained well by Jaren Kai, and knew exactly the kind of tactics he was using with his team. She would be make sure to use that to her teams advantage.

She was about finished packing. Knowing too, that it was almost identical to Jarens. This was her time to prove that she could make it on her own. The only problem was, she hadn't done a lot of sniper work since she left Jaren.

She looked up from her packing when she heard a knock at her door.

"Oh, hello General. What can I help you with?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were comfortable with being your teams sniper. I know that things might be a little stressed right now, but I feel confident that you can handle the situation." He said.

"Thank you sir. Yes, things are a little crazy right now, but having you talk to me helps a lot. I won't let you down."

"Good, I didn't think you would." He gave her a smile and left the room.

She sat and thought about the simple conversation she just had. And began to unpack her bags. She had learned a lot from Jaren, but, it was time she showed him what she was really capable of.

9. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Jaren Kai was at the Eagle running final equipment checks when a tall man dressed in long brown robes walked up and handed him a datapad. He scanned through the text and looked up.

"Ty-gon Jinn?" he asked extending his hand, "I'm Jaren Kai, Talon Squad's primary sniper. Welcome to the unit. I assume you've been briefed on the mission, so if you have all your gear you can come aboard. The rest of team one will be here shortly."

[This message has been edited by Idiots Array (edited 02-02-2000).]

10. RogueLead11

RogueLead11 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 19, 1999
    After the posting of the long-awaited list, Kendrick returned to his quarters. Without preamble, he pulled a shoulder bag out of the closet and started sorting through the things around the room, tossing what he needed into his pack.

Camoflage clothing, a small med-kit, electro-binoculars, the necessities... Ken came to a small pouch at the very back of the closet; he smiled before throwing that in with the other equipment. A small present for his temporary "enemies" if they ever got too close. He'd had to risk his next five pay-checks with the boys from Wraith Squad to acquire that little bag of surprises.

He looked about the room, wondering if he'd forgotten anything. Letting his gaze wander up, Ken spotted a little bump protruding from the right wall. He smiled.

"Nice try."

Walking over, he unholstered the blaster pistol at his hip and turning it around, he gently ground the butt end of the gun onto the bump. There was a satisfying crunch as the listening device was crushed under the pressure.

"Had a chance to plant bugs already?" Ken asked his empty room aloud. "This will be an interesting little exercise."

Not willing to take anymore chances, he deactivated the lights. It was only after he was surrounded by soothing blackness that he took out the long, slender case from behind his bunk and slid the A280 Sharpshooter out. Before he could change his mind, he shoved it into his pack. If the others asked, he'd say he'd come across it cleaning the bins in the hangar. He didn't need to take it, Ken told himself. It was a precaution. Just in case things took a turn for the worst.

After adding a few more items to his pack and pockets, he zipped the bag up and slung it over his shoulder. He paused to slide his vibro-knife into its customary spot in his boot before he continued on into the hall, sealing the door behind him.

Ken was to meet the rest of his team-mates at their ship in a few minutes. But he thought he'd do a little recon work first, maybe try to sneak out some decent rations behind Bullwinkle's back. He would probably need the practice.

11. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    The General saw Captain Kithera slump over and he thought, "The hits just keep on coming." He sent Sergeant Bullwinkle to get Lieutenant Ken from his room. She was alive at least, but the pulse in her neck and wrist was weak and unstable. He didn't know what the heck was wrong with her. It turned out that he would have to go on the war games after all....

12. Mekial

Mekial Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 1999
    Jaren shot Mekial a concerned look. "We're supposed to defeat this enemy, not kill them."

She shrugged. "I guess I gave Kit' an overdose. It'll wear off in a day or so. If not, I have an antidote mixed up."

"What exactly is that stuff?" he asked.

She leaned over and whispered something in his ear. His eyes widened "It's what?"

13. Ruby Jade

Dec 2, 1999
    "Drat!" Ruby whispered after she realized that the bug had been crunched."That was expensive! Oh well."
    So they were not going to play fair. She would have to be on the lookout.
    She didn't trust that Yristar. Not at all. Yes,she would have to keep her eyes open all of the time.
    She had already planted the other bugs. It wouldn't be long untill they started transfering information.
    She wandered what had happened to Kit. She looked bad. But what worried her the most was what she had done to look like that. She was supposed to be on team 2. And now she was not. Yes , she would have to look out for that Yristar.

14. Ruby Jade

Dec 2, 1999
    "Drat," Ruby whispered. After the bug had been crunched. She had placed the others already. They should start transfering information any minute now.
    She wandered what had happened to Kit. She didn't trust Mekial-Yristar and she had a pretty good guess that the other spy had something to do with Kit's sudden illness. She would have to be on the lookout.

15. Lt. Page

Lt. Page Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 1999
    Page came over to General Ski, looked down at Captain Kithera with a concerned look and handed the General a datapad. "Well General, looks like my time here is done. Special Forces Command has ordered me to reactivate Katarn's Commandos, looks like there is some trouble we need to handle. Everyone is being recalled. Good luck General, I am sure we will run into each other again." Page gave the General a salute and turned to leave.

16. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    He looked at the roster. Lt. Page was out, back to the war effort with Katarn's commando's. He didn't want him to leave but he figured that it was for the best. It was better for him to leave now rather than in the middle of a mission. He would have to join the unit that didn't have a pilot, Unit 2, again. He sighed, it was hard putting together a group that had members kept leaving and coming back all the time. He looked around. Unit 2 was currently loading up the Eagle. Lieutenant Kai came and was currently treating the Captain Kithera. He had some free time. He walked over to the Eagle. The battered YT-2000 was uld looking, but it packed a punch. He pressed a button on the hangar wall and a blast door came down with harsh "whoooooosh". Unit 1 was now sealed in the other bay with his unit in the other.

"Troops." Unit 2 looked at him. "I'm going to be leading your squad into battle today. This is what I want done. Bring your gear here and scan it for bugs, listening devices, or any other type of sabatoge. I will scan the Eagle for any. Then I want one A-wing attached to the Eagle's belly racks. Put some camo netting on it and also attach some scanner defuser on it to hide it's signature. We leave in one half hour. Be quick and load everything into the cargo bay, as well as the special equipment, computers, etc. I want to be early and arrive at the sight as soon as possible."

17. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    "All right, grunts, listen up," said Bullwinkle, holding onto handle bars in the drop-ship. He'd ride along to help monitor their progress and make sure everyone remembered their night insertion training. "I gave each of you enough C-rations to cover three weeks, but have cut it down enough so you're not too weighed-up. Make sure you keep yourself dry when you can, keep your socks fresh, same with all your other underwear, and, above all, keep warm. Your weapons are hot, all of them. Try not to blow each other up. We have five minutes to insertion, so keep cool."

He'd actually cut down on their rations quite a bit, but the general needn't know that. Healthy rations for three weeks meant 63 cans of food and 504 canteens of water; he'd packed them each enough for one C-ration meal a day and four canteens, each filled with base water. But he'd was confident he'd trained them well enough to live off the land, confident in their ability to know which berries to eat and what nourishment the ecosystem could provide. There were five separate creeks in the terrain, and he'd packed their medics enough purification packs to last them a year. They'd be fine, as long as they remembered their training and kept their cool.

As the landing zone neared moment by moment, Bullwinkle his way over to Recruit Kendrick's pack, took back the freeze-dried Corellian rhyshcate the kid had stolen from the food locker; Kendrick's shoulders slumped in disappointment. Bullwinkle smiled though. He'd nearly gotten away with it. Bullwinkle hadn't even seen the recruit steal the can, and had been a bit ruffled at that. These troops are a bit too good.

18. RogueLead11

Aug 19, 1999
    The R2 unit inside the Hawk's cockpit warbled a warning as the automatic pilot was switched back onto manual. Kendrick slid into the pilot's chair and took up the controls. As pilot of his group, it was up to him to choose the landing sight. The other members of the team crowded behind him, gazing intently out the viewport.

"Tell me what looks good."

Ken reached over with one hand to drag his heavy supply pack closer. His personal stuff was in there, along with some general equipment and the C-rations generously given to them from Bullwinkle. Unit One had dealt out the food and gear equally amongst themselves, so no one would have too much to carry.

Five minutes to insertion.

"Remember to keep quiet and move fast," he said, voicing his thoughts. "We don't know how close the other team is and if we blow something up by accident, they just might hear it."

The others nodded silently. Most of them kept their eyes on the landscape rushing beneath them.

Ken turned around a little in his seat to glance back at his teammates. In terms of skill, they were pretty well off, though he thought Jaren Kai would have made an excellent leader. If he had a chance, he would talk to Kai about sharing - if not relinquishing entirely - control to him. Ken didn't have a problem with command. But this type of mission wasn't his specialty, and he didn't want to drag everyone else down just because he himself hadn't been up to the task.

Before they'd left, he'd noticed one A-wing missing from the hangar - it had been the one baby-bird he'd been working on modifying. He'd nicknamed the little fighter Fledgling, keeping with the bird theme of the Talon's ships. Team Two must have taken it. But Ken had no problems with that.

The General wasn't the only one with hidden air support on hand.

Kendrick slumped back. Too bad Bullwinkle had found out about the rhyshcate, though. Now, considering the rations they'd been given, the leather straps of his pack almost looked appealing.

"Less than one minute!" he heard Bullwinkle announce. "Hurry up and choose your drop-off point. From here on, it's war!"

19. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Jaren Kai applied a coat of camo paint to his face in a series of stripes designed to let him blend in with his surroundings. The human face created patterns of shadows that were fairly easy to distinguish at a distance. Shadows fell under the eyes and nose; the forehead and cheekbones tended to be lighter. But by changing those patterns of light and dark he could make it a lot harder to notice him.

He finished applying the paint to his own face then showed the others how to do the same. As they finished, he headed up to the cockpit and strapped into the copilot's seat next to Ken.

"Sir," Jaren began, scanning the terrain rushing by below the shuttle, "the team is locked and loaded. Have you found the base yet?"

"It should be just over those hills," Ken replied. "Has Mekial found any surprises?"

Mekial, our team's spy, had spent most of the trip checking over every last piece of equipment, trying to find any tracking devices the other team might have left us.

"She found and disabled several devices in our electronics equipment and a few in our bags. I recomend we land a distance from our base and check the ship for bugs. Then we can move the shuttle from there to the base and be pretty sure we have found everything."

"Sounds good, Lieutenant," Ken said, "I'll put her down."

"Sir," Jaren said, "when we touch down, I'd like permission to go ahead to the base. I can perform some terrain recon and scout around the base. Maybe even get some ideas about how to make it defensible."

Kendrick nodded again and moved into a landing pattern. The shuttle was running under minimal power to minimize the chances of the enemy detecting her.

The shuttle touched down and the team moved out. As Jaren gathered his gear he noticed an A280 Sharpshooter among Kendrick's things. He had not been aware that Ken owned one of these. The A280 was a fine weapon with plenty of power but not quite as much range as his own RL54 Ranger. He would have to compare notes with Ken at a later time.

As Jaren moved quietly away from the shuttle he heard Kendrick remind everyone one last time to maintain comm silence.

<<Hey I'm a Knight now!! cool! >>

[This message has been edited by Idiots Array (edited 02-02-2000).]

20. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Ty-gon Jinn was the last to get off the Eagle, trying to follow everyone else, since he was the new guy. He was walking down the ramp when suddenly, a small part of the doorway exploded. The ship was not hurt, but he was lucky he had moved out of the way.
    Mekial doubled back and saw Jinn scraping carbon scoring from the door frame. She smiled when she recognized her old friend. "What happened?"
    "Looks like Team Two sabotaged our ship," Jinn answered.
    "Lucky I sabotaged them," Mekial said. "I pulled my old water trick."
    Jinn looked up and smiled. "You too? I got the Spam."

21. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    The insertion had gone on perfectly. The Eagle had landed and the team had unloaded everything, including the baby bird A-wing. He helped set up a temporary base and they covered the Eagle with some camo and signature reducing netting. He looked at his A-wing. It was the one Jaren Kai had been working on, but little did he know the General had made some modifications of his own. The engines were made to sound like a flock of birds flying around. The speed was increased 15%. The sensor and electronic warfare system on board was tweaked to make the A-wing actually look like a bird on any scope or scanner. The sensor system had a program that allowed it to map territory and take an inventory of the enemy. The blasters were allowed to rotate a total of 60 degrees, 30 up and 30 down. The missile launching capabilities allowed one launcher for 8 concussion missiles and the other 3 magnetic pulse warheads. Those babies could disable any weapons system for up to 2 minutes. He would launch as soon as the team moved into the abandoned hut they found. The sniper, Telia Aris, would set up on a hill 1 kilometer away. She would keep in constant update with the corpsman, Stone, back at base for the first hour. Then the whole squad save Talon Leader would move out and begin their recon work. They would identify the planet, find the enemy landing sight and locate the enemy HQ. Talon Leader would get into the A-wing would fly barely above the trees and try to map the sector and protect the squad. The Eagle would be carefully watched over the R2 unit, launching if anything went wrong. The ship was keeping constant records of passive sensor information. In real combat, this is what would be done if the squad was in danger. The ship would launch and get to Republic as fast as it could with the information it had.
    "Troops, this is it. Go the hut and wait Telia?s word to go. Keep the up the constant scans and keep as quiet as you can. I will be in the Fedgling as soon as you move out. Nomi Jade is with Telia, and they will go the other team?s HQ and hack into the system. We will draw their attention away from that operation in," he glanced at his chronometer, "2 standard hours. I will map from above and sent the info to Stone?s computer backpack. Let?s move. Talon 2, scout ahead. Talon 3, go to your lookout point. Talon 4, cover the rear. Talon 6, stay with me. Talon 7, go with Telia." He chuckled a little.

"Anything wrong, sir?" That was Flight Officer Stone.

"No, but I bet Team 2 found our little surprise on their shuttle by now."

"Oh, yeah, I totally forgot about that, sir."

"And all it was some harmless firecracker and blaster juice mixed together. Oh, yes. I almost forgot. Dump the Spam and water."

"Why?" the whole group protested.

The General known as Talon Leader said one word that explained it all...."Sabatoge." Within that instant all of the group had dumped their whole food supply of Spam and water. Stone was currently filling all of the water containers at a nearby stream.

"Never trust something prepared by the enemy."

[This message has been edited by Talon Squad Leader (edited 02-02-2000).]

22. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Ty-gon Jinn walked up to Jaren Kai and ducked behind a tree.
    "Sorry to have to grab you like that, but I was told not to use my commlink."
    "That's no problem."
    "I just wanted to tell you that I have located the Hawk."
    Kai's eyebrows arched up in surprise. "What did you do?"
    "I planted a bug. I'm currently following the footprints coming from the ramp."
    "Which way?"
    "That way," Ty-gon said, pointing.
    Kai took off down the path until Jinn stoppd him. "Don't touch the R2 unit. It's booby trapped."
    "Good to know," Kai replied.
    Jinn ignited his lightsaber, but kept it low to the ground. The green blade matched the color of the ground grass. He moved down the trail, following Team Two.

23. RogueLead11

Aug 19, 1999
    Okay, let me get this strait before I post. Are Kendrick and Jaren Kai and Ty-Gon Jinn on Team One? And isn't General Kevin directing Team Two? And isn't Team One in the Hawk, and Two in the Eagle?

24. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    "R2" The General used the secure line Nomi Jade had set up.

"bleep bleep booop eep"

"Yes, I know they're coming. Lock all of the exits. Arm the lower turret and get ready to fire as soon as they are in the area."

"beep eep blooooooop deep"

"Yes, override the Fledgling's codes. Send her on a pre-determined course to Location 1. I'll meet her their in two minutes. Squad go ahead. Time for me to put on some the magic I learned in Recon Squad."

25. Nomi Jade

Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    um- hello? Anybody speaking to me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.