Talon Intelligence Squad

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, Jan 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    The Eaglet continued to hurtle towards the Interdictor. Kevin steadied the controls. At 2 kilometers, the turbolasers on the big ship started to fire. He rotated the fighter and slowly pulled up and down on the controls. The ship corkscrewed through the turbolaser crossfire. He passed the forward sections of the Interdictor. He armed the bomb and fingered the release button. Almost there.... A turbolaser bolt struck the tip of the starboard stabilizer. The A-wing went tumbling. Kevin recovered the starfighter just in time to avoid the command tower on the Interdictor. He pulled away from the ship and launched the bomb directly at the control tower of the Interdictor. The the bomb exploded upon impact with the ship, rocking his fighter back and forth. He hoped the little fighter could survive...
  2. Jedi-Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    Telia Aris was still on the Star Destroyer. She had gone off to see if there was a way to rescue the two missing Talon members herself, when she happened to run into that certain Flight Officer she had talked to on the way in.

There was an eager call behind her. "Commandor Summerton isn't it?"

"Uh, yes. And you are...."

"You remember Dekker."

"Oh yes Dekker, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on duty?"

"I traded my shift with my roommate. I told him that I had someone to take out."

"Isn't that sweet. Tell you what," Telia was growing anxious by the minute, only wanting to find Jaren. "Let me go slip into something a little bit more confortable, and I'll meet you back here in, oh, let's say, an hour."

Dekkers eyes brightened at the suggestion. "Sounds great. One hour."

She turned away. Pitty, such a nice guy. Too bad, after Talon Squad finishes with them.

She was searching for the detention cells when she past a window. There was Jaren, alive and running, but obviously hurt. But he was alive. It felt as though a great weight was lifted from her.

All she wanted to do was run to him, but he had already boarded a ship and taken off into battle.

"Great, just great. Everyone forgot about me."

Still running to find some way out, she literally ran into Stone, with Jane Jinn.

"What are you doing here?" Stone asked.

"Well, first I thought I might check out the stores on this ship, maybe do a little shoping. Then I might try to find a date, which I did as a matter of fact."

"I see, got left behind on the rescue mission."

"Pretty much, so what are we going to do now?"

"Well, either we sit and wait, or we try to find someway off this thing."

"Great." She didn't really care what they did. Jaren was alive, and that was all that really mattered. She just wished there was some way to communicate with him.
  3. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Hey Q?" Jaren began questioningly, "I thought Telia would be manning the guns on the Eagle."

The comm was silent for a moment as Q thought. "No, I thought she was on the Hawk with you."

Jaren began to get worried. "No, she's not on the Hawk." Panic hit him like a sheet of transparisteel. "She must still be on that Star Destroyer. Turn the ship around! We have to go back."

The Hawk swung around and started back for the Star Destroyer at full speed.

Another transmission came over the comm. "This is Admiral Gast of the New Republic. All ships will power down their weapons and surrender or you will be destroyed. This is your only warning."

Jaren looked out the viewport to see a full New Republic task force moving to engage the enemy ships. The pirate Star Destroyer began moving to intercept, opening up with it's turbolasers. The New Republic ships began returning fire. The Star Destroyer rocked with each blast. It couldn't hold on for long. Jaren had to hurry, Telia was on that ship.
  4. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    <<Whoops!! I accidentily blew up the Star Destroyer with Telia in it. Sorry! >>

Well, he had survived. Barely. The Interdictor had exploded in a fantasic fire display. He looked around and saw the Hawk going back towards the buring hulk of the Star Destroyer.

"Lead to Hawk, what the heck are you doing?" he screamed over the comm.
  5. Laguna Jedi Knight

star 1
    Quis watched in horror as the Interdictor broke apart in the explosion.

"Telia!" She cried, tears streaking her face.

The Hawk was hurtling toward the explosion racked ship. Quis' heart ached when she thought of Jaren and what he must have been feeling. She called into the ship's comm.

"Scan the wreckage for a life sign - anything!"

"Roger," came the reply from the Eagle's copckpit. The Eagle swung around to perform a sensor sweep as her sister ship approached the wreckage, frantically searching for the missing squad members.

"Nothing." Came a sullen voice from the Hawk. "Nobody could have survived an explosion like that. May they rest in..."

The Hawk was cutt off by an interruption from the Eagle. "Sir! Incoming Voice-only transmission! We can't pin point the source."

Static.

The squad waited anxiously for a signal.

The comm abruptly burst into life. "Hey, what are you guys doing? Come and pick us up!"

It was Stone.

"Stoney!" Quis shouted. "You're okay?"

"Yeah, we're all here. Not in the greatest of shape, but we're fine."

"I think my ribs are broken," groaned Jane Jinn.

Jaren's anxious voice burst out over the channel. "Telia?!"

"I'm here Jaren." Her voice was strained, She was obviously in pain. "I'm alright..." She regained her composure. "Now what are you pilots good for if you can't come rescue your commrades?"

"On the way."

Quis sat back in her chair. The flagship, the majority of the enemy fighters were making a break for freedom. Better to let them go, Quis decided.

In that moment they were closer as a squad than they'd been before. Quis smiled at the thought. She'd found her family.

[This message has been edited by Laguna (edited 02-09-2000).]
  6. Rinin Jedi Knight

star 1
    <<Thanks Kit for writing me in!!!!!>>

Rinin shook General Ski's hand.
    "Pleased to meet you sir." he said.
    "Pleased to have you onboard."

Rinin sat next to Kithera as General Ski tried desperatly to out manover the uglies. They watched silently as the ship blew up and heard the call come over the radio about the missing memebers.
    "Hey what's up?" Rinin asked as he saw Kit brushing at her eyes.
    "Nothing, it's just sad to loose a squad member that's all. I kinda knew them, Stone best of all." she smiled sadly.
    The comms crackled and then Stone's voice as well as Jedi Jane could be heard. Kithera gave a small whooop and punched Rinin on the arm.
    "See? You gonna be needed after all." she said happily.

There we are how about that for a first post ever!
    Rinin
  7. Laguna Jedi Knight

star 1
    *** By the way everyone, I'm sorry that my last post was kinda soppy, I'm just a sucker for a happy resolution, and we couldn't very well sacrifice three of our squad members simply due to a premature bombing run could we? The Mighty TIS will prevail ***

[This message has been edited by Laguna (edited 02-10-2000).]
  8. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So much for my powers of extracting information! I can't figure out what ship I'm on or how my ribs got broken, or why Kit' keeps referring to me as Jedi Jane, or anything! Can somebody help this poor agent understand what's going on?
  9. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    <<You know, I'm lost myself. I thought everybody was on the two transports and that is why I blew up the Star Destroyer. Then Telia miraculously survives the blast and talks to a crew member. ?? ?? I don't get it. If someone knows the answer, please post soon.>>
  10. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    <<Talon Leader: The problem with writing this kind of story is that, with so many writers and no planning of the plot lines, there is bound to be some confusion as to exactly what is going on and who is doing what. My solution is just go with the flow and do not get too concerned about it.

Some things that I do to keep the posts straight is to read the last several posts at least twice and try to conciously make notes of who is doing what and where everyone is. Next, when I actually go to type up a post, I open several browser windows so I can see the posts and the screen where I type at the same time. That way if I am confused or unsure about a certain point, I can quickly go back and read what I missed. Finally, when I am done typing but before I submit the post, I reload the story page one last time just to make sure no one has posted anything that my submission will contradict.>>

Hope this helps.
    mtfbwy all
  11. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Sorry Jane. Yeah well everything does get out of control on a muti-author thread but I think we handled that one pretty well.

Go with the flow!

Kithera
  12. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Looks like Talon Leader opened a new thread for this. Here is the link: Forum9/HTML/001829.html Forum9/HTML/001829.html
  13. Laguna Jedi Knight

star 1
    Alright, the story is continuing well in the other thread, I just wanted to clarify what had happened here in the last mission.

Everyone supposedly escaped after planting the bombs, however it appears not everyone made it away as planned - Telia, Stone and Jane were stranded aboard the destroyer, a fact the rest of the squad failed to notice. General Ski then proceded to launch a bomb at the ship while Jaren, Ruby Jade, Quis and another manned the guns aboard the Hawk and the Eagle (there are two turrets per ship, does that sound right?). The enemy ship exploded, aparantly with the three squad members still aboard. They'd managed to comandeer an escape pod as the ship began to disintegrate, Telia sustained moderate injuries and Jane injured her ribs. That's it
  14. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
  15. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    Check out the new and improved thread, please.
  16. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    What's a good Sith look, as in the face? I want something original, but still cool and menacing (and not just a Darth Maul variation). You see, I have an actor that is most likely going to play a Sith or Dark Jedi type villan, and he's worried that his face is not exactly Sith-looking, not nearly menacing enough. Maybe some kind of cool looking alien mask...(higher quality than cheap Halloween)?
  17. Jaycen_Kayde Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm also playing a Sith in the project I'm woking on. After agonizing for a week over what type of look, I actually came up with something rather neat. Instead of going all out, I kept it simple. I went out and bought some BRIGHT blue contact lenses. I have brown eyes and black hair. The blue lenses, when photographed right and lighted correctly, look super menacing. Add a serious look and a half-grin and you've got a major bad guy. Sometimes the simple answer is the best. In my case, the prelim shots look awesome. Good luck.
  18. Jace Taran Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, but what about the rest of the face? Also, I don't want to spend $100 on special color contacts. I think that's how much it would cost. Anyway, I need suggestions on how how to make the face look really menacing. Some kind of make-up style, a mask, a helmet, anything.
  19. Jaycen_Kayde Jedi Knight

star 2
    I didn't even bother with any face paint or masks. Just my face and the contacts. I would suggest looking on auctions for interesting masks and stuff like that. If you live near New York, Ruby's on Jamaica Ave is the place to go. I don't know if they have a website.
  20. Xanatos 1 Jedi Padawan

I made a design for the Sith in my film. I desided on a Tattoo. The basis fo rit is off of the Witchblade comics. It has this look like its grown or crawled across his face. We will paint it in in black and it will only be on his right side.
  21. Darth Venom Jedi Master

star 4
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaycen_Kayde:
    I didn't even bother with any face paint or masks. Just my face and the contacts. I would suggest looking on auctions for interesting masks and stuff like that. If you live near New York, Ruby's on Jamaica Ave is the place to go. I don't know if they have a website.

Jaycen, is this Jamaica Ave. in Queens? I'm in NY and I'm in search of a place that has good quality make-ups.

Thanks,

Darth Venom
    Producer/Director/Co-writer
    "Trials of the Jedi"
  22. Batman Jedi Knight

star 1
    hey, where didja get the contacts from? My high school graduation is coming up, and I would love to scare a few people with the blue eyes ( I have black hair/eyes)

Batman
  23. Jaycen_Kayde Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yup, Jamaica Ave in Queens
  24. Tosal Vetur Jedi Knight

star 2
    [IMG]

[This message has been edited by Tosal Vetur (edited 05-16-2000).]
  25. Tosal Vetur Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey! It didn´t work!

Anyway check the link and tell me what you think.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.