main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Talon Intelligence Squadron | Proving There's No Solution Like Mayhem Since 2000! Join Us Today!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Trika_Kenobi, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    There are many, many worse things than reading Lilith's writing. Many.

And 1000 posts! Nicely done, Talons! :D

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    1001 Posts. Congrats Talons=D==D=

3. TalonIntelSquad

TalonIntelSquad Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2009
    There's Telia and Jaren drama on the way...surely this can't be good. See what happens to them and in the rest of the prison breaks in our latest update over in Beyond the Saga.

I figure that I might post the notification here, too, in case any Talons haven't wandered over to Beyond the Saga recently...[face_mischief]

4. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    I changed our thread's title. I felt it needed a different one for a bit. :p

Anyone interested in penning a Chapter Six scene with me? I'm going to be wrapping up Book Five's ending in the next couple of weeks, but I'm open to working with a fellow writer on a Book Six scene... any scene! We need to get this Book Six stuff rollin'!

5. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Next couple weeks you say for Book 5? Try next week. [face_mischief]

I'll try to work on my scene for Book 6 today, and maybe it'll be ready to send to you tonight. We'll see what happens.

6. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Well, if I recall Trikes and Nash become roommates on the ship...

7. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Awesome, DMC! I'm looking forward to your scene soon! :)

And oh yes... the hilarity that will ensue with those two sharing a room! I'd definitely enjoy musing on some scene material with you sometime, Lilith! Let me know if you come up with anything immediately, and I'll see if my brain can work on some potential ideas, too. :cool:

8. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm very afraid for what that scene could become. :p Nash + Trika = Utter Insanity. It's science.

9. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Which means it should be totally fun to write. :D

10. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Yep, that'd certainly be true. :p

11. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    All right, Lilith... let your mind wander around this idea...

So, Trika gets done with security procedures and leaves Rosche's office with her room key. She's got plenty of time before she's to meet back with Jaren and Telia (who are hiding out and staying quiet), so she decides to check out the local wildlife and cause a little chaos in one of the lounges. She either embarrasses someone or sparks a fight or tricks someone into doing something or steals something... whatever. She makes a whole lot of people mad, but she winds up escaping out the door and somehow locking it from the outside... she'll have figured this out before she even goes into the lounge.

Trika laughs all the way to her room, gets inside, and drops her bags. She starts to get comfy when someone tries the door... she's "deadbolted" it or whatnot, so she just keeps laughing. There's now a loud knock at the door, and the door tries to open again.

Trika totally thinks it's someone from the lounge, and so she decides to teach that person a lesson. Setting her weapon to stun, she gets to the door and plans to open it, stun the dude silly, and then just leave him at the door.

Nash is actually at the door. Trika opens the door and never gets the chance to blink. Nash disarms her and plows into the room, where she proceeds to show Trika the finer art of disabling a Human's mobility.

Hilarity ensues. Trika probably thinks Nash is some sort of big bully from one of the squads that was in the lounge. Nash probably thinks Trika is some sort of intruder from some other squad trying to snoop on the Talons.

The two are just bound to be best friends, amirite? lol

It's just a frame of an idea, but... thoughts?

12. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Oh, I love it.

I can totally see Nash disabling Trika and then going through her stuff for clues to her identity, before realizing that this is one of the Talons that she hasn't met yet.

13. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    ... all the while listening to a protesting Trika, I'm sure. :p Nash might go ahead and cuff her or slip a set of zip-ties on her while searching her bags. Trika would definitely have a few things to say to her about that! lol

Anyone else have any thoughts about that scene or others? How is the Book Six stuff coming along, folks?

14. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I love that as a premise. There's just so much potential there. :cool:

15. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Also, I just posted my second Nash story to the 'Extras' thread.

16. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Hey, guys!! :) It's been too long... so long, in fact, that I can't recall my login/password for the Nest. :p Is there a way to reset them?

17. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    I've reset your password and sent you a PM, Serena. We've missed you! How have you been? :)

18. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Thanks so much, Trikes! :) I've missed you guys, too!! I've just been bombarded with college work...

Although, I just published my novel "Ocean of Emptiness" on Amazon, and I've already sold some books! :) It's been exciting! :)

19. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    I saw that link in your profile when I went to PM you! That's really awesome, Serena! I'm going to have to check that out sometime soon! :)

20. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Thank you! :) I'm hoping it takes off soon... I think ebooks are the wave of the future, and I hope people like it. So far, I've only heard positive reviews, so that's good. :) It's a strange mix of sci-fi and fantasy, though, so it's not exactly mainstream "Twilight"... It's kind of a mix between Star Wars and the Little Mermaid... but only the Little Mermaid because it's got mermaids (Starmaids) in it. :)

And thanks for the PM! I'm back on the Nest! :)

21. TalonIntelSquad

TalonIntelSquad Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2009
    Talons and friends, head on over to The Catch. Today's the beginning of the final chapter! :eek:

22. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Whoa, that's awesome, Serena! I'll have to check it out!

23. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    It was awesome seeing you back on the Nest, Serena! I hope that you'll stick around and goof off with us when you have the chance. :cool:

Hey, Talons!! Hey!! Hey, you!! We're wrapping up the Book Five stuff very rapidly... we'll have Book Five on the website and backed up shortly. Book Six is now priority, so jump on over to the Book Six forum and let me know how your scenes are going! I know we're all busy and sometimes can't write too much at once, but just a word or two that you're thinking about it or have a good idea for something helps out tremendously in understanding how the beginning of the book is shaping up so far. :)

24. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    We've really got to make sure that we keep moving on Book Six...it's going to be a fun story, and the beginning of maybe the best arc in the story. TIE Mysticans, FTW! :D

25. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I really have to keep reading the series. Things keep getting in the way. :oops:

Congrats, Serena! =D= And welcome back.

I finally wore my Talon t-shirt today. You all can hound me for not wearing it before now, but a little thing called "Winter" has kept it on the clothes rack. :p

26. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    [face_shame_on_you] I wore my Talon t-shirt in the winter, Gunny. :p

Although, it was also inside. :p

That's okay, there are always a lot of things that make fun and free time more difficult. It'd be awesome if you'd be able to catch up pretty soon, though...we're going to finish the last bit of Book 5, The Catch, tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.