main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Talon Intelligence Squadron | Proving There's No Solution Like Mayhem Since 2000! Join Us Today!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Trika_Kenobi, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stoneheart

stoneheart Jedi Master star 1

Nov 25, 1999
    Eight years. I'm starting to feel old. Ah, I'll just prank Trika a couple dozen times, that usually clears up THAT feeling. :)

And waaaay the heck back when, the first time you guys solicited character pics, I think I ended up posting a game screenshot of Ding Chavez, from Rainbow Six. Which is probably when Stone's background as a street kid from Chandrila started to form.

So, if you guys wanna trawl Google for his image, go for it. Other than that? I got nothing. Never was one for celebs, myself.

Now, pass me a couple drinks.

2. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Oooooo... Stone, Muis, I [face_love] your signatures. [face_dancing]

Hmmmm... Ding Chavez. I seem to remember it. I went and Googled it. Actual actors, though? Well, I went looking for latinos... tell me what you think.

I didn't necessarily want to go for anyone too obvious. I don't exactly see Stone as uh... like Antonio Banderas or anything. That's not what Ding Chavez is, either. So, I went to safe territory. I'm redundant, but that's okay.

[image=http://almeidaisgod.com/photos/albums/Carlos/carlos3.jpg] [image=http://popwatch.ew.com/photos/uncategorized/164052__bernard_l.jpg] [image=http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Carlos-Bernard-tf01.jpg]
    Carlos Bernard, of 24 fame

And uh... that's all I can come up with for right now. What do ya think? :D

EDIT: Prank Trika? You're askin' for it, buddy... [face_mischief]

3. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Computer is still out of commission. It actually booted up yesterday, I logged in here...and then it died again. But I did talk to MJEH briefly last night. She said that the homeworlds of Danya and Carre were just made up planets and that she couldn't remember exactly what she had named them. She might check in here in a day or so but she's been pretty busy with work lately. At any rate, she didn't seem too concerned about which planets her characters were from, the one thing that she did mention was that Carre was not from one of the Core worlds. So Coruscant is right out. She mentioned that Carre came from one of the Mid Rim or Outer Rim worlds that had been conquered by the Imperials.

She also mentioned a couple of revisions for the actresses portraying her characters. Her preference was that Jewel Staite play Danya:

[image=http://stargate-news.com/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_Dr_Jenifer_Keller_SGA.jpg] [image=http://blog.ugo.com/images/uploads/JewelStaite.jpg] [image=http://www.gateworld.net/news/graphics/atl_406_01.jpg]

And Kate Beckinsale play Carre:

[image=http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7480/katebeckinsale2ki.jpg] [image=http://pocketfilms.com/images/people/kate_beckinsale.jpg] [image=http://img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/rsz/434/x/x/x/medias/nmedia/18/35/86/12/18828319.jpg]

The image choices are mine, not hers, but I think they're a good representation of the two characters.

4. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Rock on. Glad you got in contact with MJEH. I hope she stops by... since I can't be in the Fort Club we'll have to start a girls-only club. :p Lilith will proceed to hide in the shadows as usual.

I went ahead and made notes of her choices for actresses. I'm going to eventually post a list of every actor/actress we've named and if there are any objections, we'll switch it before we post a final listing. I just want to make sure that whoever comes on board to help with the art will know exactly what each character looks like.

And just for the heck of it, I goofed off in class this morning and made these up to put in the trailer thread that sits around here somewhere. It's a thread where people can promo their fics in trailer format. Who wants to write a trailer, though? Pssssh! I don't even have the time to write the real story, let alone the trailer. :p

[image=http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/_trika/kevinpromo.jpg] [image=http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/_trika/kendrickpromo.jpg]
    [image=http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/_trika/quispromo.jpg] [image=http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/_trika/teliapromo.jpg]

I went ahead with Laguna's original actress choice. I like Summer Glau, but I don't want to mess with the original choice by the actual author. And yeah, I'm actually going to work on a Bullwinkle promo for later, too. :p

I figure that once we set a date (that date on there is just a placeholder, nothing more), I'll post a promo in the trailer thread... maybe once every couple of days. I think that's better than posting a bunch of lines of "trailer" stuff.

What do y'all think? Anyone taken a look at the to-do list? I know I don't want to. [face_blush]

5. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    [image=http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/_trika/danyapromo.jpg] [image=http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/_trika/trikapromo.jpg] [image=http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/_trika/bullwinklepromo.jpg]

A couple more promos while I'm procrastinating on doing some programming. It's going to be a long night. I can't get motivated to do any school work. [face_plain]

6. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I can't help it. I'm a natural lurker. ;)

Nice promos, though.

7. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    ^^^ ditto,

Well, hi everyone I'm ghent and I'm um...... not normal 8-}
    Trika has invited me to join you guys,(much to my sha-- uh- pleasure) (I haven't read the whole book yet, but I'm working on it.)
    can I tell you guys a secret? *whisper* Trika is crazy! [face_worried]

I haven't read the whole book yet, but I'm working on it.

"and, as my first act with this new authority" I move we try to devise an "offical" talon squad logo, these are the ideas I came up with (ok, Trika helped a little) to springboard this idea: (in order of how much I like them)
    1. Talons
    2. Eagle Flying& Eagle Head (I like these two about the same :D

anyway, love the work y'all are doing, the story is awesome so far and the casting is stellar!

hope you like the pics and the idea [face_praying]

ps. I should add that I probably won't be too much help on the writing front, you guys are out of my league. [face_blush] but I will happily try to draw anything you want for the cause! :D

8. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    I like the flying eagle one best, myself. Great work, Ghent.

9. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    I like the promos, Trika. Nice work.

Good to see you, Ghent. And nice work on the logos. I think I like the flying eagle the best with the Talon second. However, I have one suggestion to make for the flying eagle: can you make the eagle slightly larger? I think it sort of gets lost inside the rebel symbol. Here's sort of what I'm talking about:

[image=http://a580.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/97/l_91d227486a3a1ed0d34b2637e5cf67b3.jpg]

10. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Two or three posts headed your way. Finalizing some details here.

First, super job, Ghent! This may help you along the way, but I believe the official Talon Intel Squad colors were canary yellow, dull red (crimson of some sort), and some form of light gray, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, IA. I looked up the old, ridiculously horrible website and found those colors listed. Shame on me for the awful code. [face_plain]

My Really Long List of Mess:
    RED = IA; GREEN = Trika; BLUE = MJEH; ORANGE = NEEDS VOTE or RESPONSE FROM ALL
    - Telia scene
    - Kithera rank change
    - Kithera introduction
    - Ski thinking about choosing XO
    - Jaren/Kithera hesitant to lead
    - Jaren/Kithera arguing/chatting/conversing scene (Book Two)
    - Kithera bump in action for Book Two missions
    - Find Jaren as sole officer reference in Book Two and change it
    - Kevin asks "Have you seen Lieutenants Kai or Rinani?" in Book Two
    - Kithera named XO in Book Three
    - roster homeworlds (Danya?/Carre?)
    - new High Council name
    - pronunciation guide
    - Milan, Kaiba, Rinin actors
    - confirmation of Mekial, Rubi, Kithera, Jane, Stone actors/actresses
    - Post promo in the trailer thread hanging around here somewhere
    - Add TIS to new stories index for February when we're ready
    - PM artists
    - PM potential readers who've expressed interest so far

11. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    I never swore to be an English major, so hopefully this is easy to use. I've grabbed a few from the old Nest archives, but if a guide wasn't listed, I had to quiz my family on how they would all pronounce it. Conflicts or corrections to the guide are very welcome!

Pronunciation Guide
    Captain Kevin Ski (Keh-vin Skee)
    Danya Faithwood (Dan-yah Fayth-wood)
    Kendrick Quinn (Ken-drik Quinn)
    Quis Heartilly (Qwys Hart-il-ee)

Flight Officer Jaren Kai (Jair-en Ky)
    Telia Aris (Teel-ya Air-is)
    Rubi Jais (Rue-bee Jys)
    Mekial Yrisar (Meek-ee-yal Ree-sar)

Flight Officer Jane Muir (Jayne Mew-er)
    Janus ?Stone? Talson (Jan-us Stone Tal-son)
    Trika Adair (Try-kuh Uh-dair)
    Milan Lirac (My-luhn Leer-ak)

Flight Officer Kithera Rinani (Kith-air-uh Rih-nan-ee)
    Kaiba Cloudrifter (Ky-buh Cloud-rift-er)
    Rinin Altura (Rin-in Al-tur-uh)
    Ty Flynn (Ty Flin)

Sergeant Floreverus Bullwinkle (Flor-ev-er-us Bull-wink-ul)

12. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Trika, good work on the promos. They're very good.

TrulyGhent, welcome to the team. I like the eagle flying, and I think Idiots Array's suggestion will make it look really nice.

The pronunciation guide looks good to me. I always imaged Mekial as Meek-i(like see)-al, but Meek-yal is good too. Didn't we have a thread with official pronunciations? Is that where it is from? I've probably been mispronouncing it for a long time.[face_blush] I think we really like it when we have a consonant then ai. It's a lot more obvious when you look at a list like that.

I was looking at the beginning of this thread and I started to wonder about the Force ghost. Maybe my memory's a little fuzzy with all the class related reading that I've done, but does it show up in Book 2?

As for the High Council...I'm partial to the Backstabbing Council, but since that won't fly, I like the Council of X, where X = the number of people in the council. High Command seems like it would run into the same issues as High Council. Makes it sound more official than it actually is. Same thing with Ruling Council.

I like Stone as Carlos Bernard. It's a shame that he (Tony) died in 24. Alright, that's enough of my mini-soapbox. The other actors that Trika suggested are fine with me. I'd go with Reiko Aylesworth for Kit. You gotta love Chloe's (err Mary Lynn Rajskub's) scow.

For Milan, could we maybe go off of a picture of Quinlan Vos from the comics? He's the only Kiffar that I can think of. Or are we going to Kiffar somebody? And what about Rinin?

Hope that helps. I'm going to try and work on Book 2 before the weekend, but I have a good amount of school work to do too.

13. Darth Muis

Darth Muis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    I don't come here for one day and see what happens! Nice promos Trika! Great job, that ought to draw some attention to what we're doing!

And welcome aboard Ghent! Nice work on those designs. I agree with IA; more eagle! :)

Pronunciation guide looks good to me. I, as a non native speaker, can easily make sense of it, so it'll work just fine.

As far as High Council names go... Can't we just refer to them as Cracken's puppets or something? Wouldn't that work? Or would that be a bit lame... Otherwise, I agree with DMC; Council of X will do just fine.

I'm quite happy with all the actor choices. As far as Milan and Rinin go... I think we shouldn't use Quinlan Vos for Milan, we are much more creative than that. I'll try to look around the internet to see if I can find someone that I feel would fit the bill. He'll have to have different hairdo than Vos though, it's not like it's an entire race of people with the same hairdresser... And Rinin, that's a tough one. Is it really important that we get a famous face for him? Seeing that it'll be blue, will have pointy teeth and will have lekku coming out of his forehead... But I'll try and see if I can come up with anyone.

I have the entire day off, so I'll be doing a lot of reading today. Might just finish reading Book 2 and perhaps I can even do a little editing. No promises!:p

14. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    //sigh I lubb you guys. [face_love]

Thanks for the input. McClain, I've gone ahead and actually changed Mekial's pronunciation. I think that extra syllable just slipped past me. Everyone I know pronounces it the same way so I changed it. Thanks for catching that.

The Force ghost skips a book, I think. She reappears in Book Three to Ski. I seem to remember writing a scene for Trika, but I didn't find any on a quick glance through Book Two. I'll look back into it later.

Muis, it's not really important that anyone has a famous face, but they're just all the ones with the pictures online. :p I'm sure whatever comes of the last three characters will be fine. I know I'm just kind of stumped. I drained my 24 list, and we've all drained the Firefly list, too. [face_laugh] I don't know anyone else! :_|

Keep checking in whenever you can... I'll be on in between classes, attempting to procrastinate on school more. Word. :cool:

[face_mischief] Have you seen the teaser trailer for season seven, yet?

15. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I've heard rumors about Tony, but I'm trying to avoid spoilers like the plague.

I think what I meant to say about Quinlan was use his face as a model, with the tattoos and all. I was starting to fade when I was posting last night. I'll think about a face under the tattoos today.

16. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    :oops: [face_shhh] I didn't say anything about nothin'!

I'm going to grab images of all of the Talons today and post them in one post for everyone to see. If there are any objections at that point, we'll discuss them. I'm still working on naming a Milan, Kaiba, and Rinin, too, so if we can nail down those today, with everyone working on it at their leisure, we might have a complete roster of HAWTNESS. =P~

We still need a confirmation or rejection from... STONE!!!!! How did you like Carlos Bernard? ;)

And I'm still torn on Bullwinkle. I found that picture with Randy Quaid with the helmet and thought it was good for the promo, but I've found some equally good pictures of some other goofy people like Will Farrell, Christopher Walken, etc. If anyone has an opinion, speak now!

Homework, then images. I'm going to attempt it, anyway. :rolleyes:
    //curses at computers, computer science, programming, and anything to do with Turing machines
    I make a heck of a writer for a Talon slicer, eh? [face_plain]

17. Darth Muis

Darth Muis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    On the Bullwinkle issue: I think Randy Quaid makes a great Bullwinkle. All he needs is a scruffy beard (IMHO) and than he'll fit the part perfectly! Will Ferrell could work too, but Christopher Walken is just too scary...

I look forward to seeing all the faces posted on here. It's getting quite confusing and having all the Talons in one place will make my life a lot easier!

Good luck with Darth Homework Trika!:)

18. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    (I like to quote people [face_blush]0
    but thanks everybody! [facE_hugs] your input is appretiated:
    Lilith Demodae: I like the flying eagle one best, myself.
    Idiots Array: I think I like the flying eagle the best with the Talon second. However, I have one suggestion to make for the flying eagle: can you make the eagle slightly larger?
    Darth McClain: I like the eagle flying, and I think Idiots Array's suggestion will make it look really nice.
    Darth Muis: And welcome aboard Ghent! Nice work on those designs. I agree with IA; more eagle!

I have decided go in the direction of the flying eagle pic *waits for applause to dye down* so here they are
    [image=http://usera.imagecave.com/TrulyGhent/Talons/ThreeNewTalons.jpg]
    (Trika, are these the right colors?.)
    can't wait to see the complete character list.
    tootles [:D]

ahhh, the wonders of unlimted editing, as requested in the comments below \/ I've changed the red one a little:
    [image=http://usera.imagecave.com/TrulyGhent/Talons/TalonEagleWings.jpg]

19. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Nice work, Ghent. Those colors look about right to me. I think I like the red and gray images best. I think the eagle on the red one could even be scaled up a bit more.

20. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Ghent, WOW! Just WOW! The colors are perfect, but you kriffin' nailed some HAWT insignias there! I'm just gawking at them now. :eek:

I'm definitely liking the red one, the gray one, and the yellow one, in order of preference. They're all just super, though. Maybe the eagle can be a bit bigger in the red one (with like, the wings barely touching the two upswings of the rebel insignia), but I'm not sure. What does everyone else think?

All of the images of the characters will be coming soon. I gotta run and collect 'em all, then post them to my Photobucket so McClain can see all the n00ds that I posted last time. We'll get these ones past all the filters at his college. [face_mischief]

Great job, Ghent! I'm just amazed! =D=

EDIT: IA always takes all of my ideas and posts them. [face_plain] :p

21. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    IM INSIDE UR BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN [face_skull] ]-} [face_coffee]

22. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    New High Council name... Um, how about we leave the High Council part and add Intelligence, so it's Intelligence High Council and just call them the IHC for short? ANd then the Talons can all amuse themselves by thinking up alternative interpretations for the acronym...

Pronounciation:

Nashraak (Nash-RAY-ack)

I don't really have an opinion on the actors. GO with your gut.

23. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Things look really good Ghent. Nice job.

[face_laugh] Thanks, Trika.

24. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Here they are, in all of their glory. Large sizes for super HAWTNESS.

[image=http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/_trika/opsone.jpg]
    Ops I

[image=http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/_trika/support.jpg]
    Support

[image=http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/_trika/intrusions.jpg]
    Intrusions

[image=http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/_trika/opstwo.jpg]
    Ops II

[image=http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/_trika/supportingcast.jpg]
    Supporting Cast

25. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Thanks for beating the evil proxies, Trika! I like the HAWTNESS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.