main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Talon Karrde: Ghost Ship pt. 1 - 7 (UPDATED 8/04/03) FINISHED!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by wild_karrde, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Had to laugh at the SMACK part, but Karrde was right to hit Anselm. Panic like that can easily be contagious.

Ah, the convenient ventilation shafts. ;)

That was creepy when the creature touched Nefta and his skin started to melt. I was wondering if the creatures just have a naturally high body temperature or if they can generate heat like that as a weapon.

2. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Talon Karrde: Ghost Ship pt. 6

Karrde slowly drew his blaster and aimed it right between the two eyes watching him. He squeezed the trigger and felt a slight kick go through his arm as the blaster fired. The red bolt of energy leapt from the muzzle and quickly streaked across the space between Karrde and the creature -

- and was instantly absorbed by the creature. Karrde could hardly believe what he saw. The bolt hit right between the two glowing eyes, and then appeared to be absorbed by it. Karrde saw it pulse up and down the head, and presumably the entire body. As Karrde stared in disbelief, he saw a silvery slit appear below the eyes.

The creature was smiling at him.

Karrde quickly turned down the dark shaft the others had disappeared through and followed as fast as he could crawl. He could barely make out the shape of Hoffner's boots ahead of him, being dragged by Solan.

"Faster!" Karrde yelled, and was rewarded with the sight of Hoffner's feet disappearing from sight. That's better, Karrde thought to himself as he sped up. He soon realized, however, that Hoffner's feet disappeared not because the others had sped up, but instead because the shaft in front of him suddenly dropped away at a sharp angle. Karrde found himself sliding face-first down the shaft, and speeding up. Then, as suddenly as his descent started, it stopped. With a loud crunch Karrde slammed into the tangled pile of Windy, Solan, Hoffner, and Anselm.

"That was good," Karrde grunted as he tried to untangle himself from the others. As he looked around he noticed they were in a large, central section with shafts opening all around them and loud machinery in the middle pumping recycled air throughout the ship. Karrde pulled himself to his feet and looked at the rest of the group. Solan was trying to get herself untangled from a still-unconscious Hoffner, while Windy was tending to a cut on her forearm. Anselm, Karrde was surprised to see, was no longer knocked out.

"You bastard!" Anselm yelled as he saw Karrde. "You knocked out two of my teeth!"

"If you don't lower your voice," Karrde growled, "I'll knock out the rest of them."

Anselm, rubbing his jaw, looked like he was about to say something else but thought better of it and looked away.

Karrde looked down at Hoffner. "We're not gonna be able to move fast enough with him like that. Windy, can you wake him up?"

"Sure, but there's no guarantee he won't freak out again," she said as she pulled a hypo out of her pocket and placed it to Hoffner's neck. With a puff of air, Hoffner began to stir a little. "Captain," Windy bent in close. "Wake up Captain," she whispered to him.

"Huh? Wha?" Hoffner mumbled as he slowly came too.

"C'mon Windy, get him up, we gotta get moving, those things might be coming through the vents behind us," Solan hissed.

"Give him a second, he's coming around," Windy said as Hoffner's eyes cleared.

"Captain, we have to get moving. Get up," Karrde said, using a voice of authority. Hoffner sat up, looking around as if lost. Then his eyes grew wide as the memory of what happened on the bridge returned. Karrde feared for a second that they'd have to sedate him again, but the moment passed and Hoffner collected himself. He looked up to Karrde.

"We have to get off this ship. Now," he said.

"I heartily agree with you sir. C'mon, let's get moving." Karrde helped Hoffner to his feet. As he did so, he noticed, yet again, that he was starting to sweat.

3. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Wow, I haven't posted in this in 3 months :eek:

4. joy_noel

joy_noel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2002
    This is great! I love that it's a Talon centered story. He's a great character, but he's underused, I think. I hope you'll have more to post soon?

5. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    I want to start a new one, but I can't let myself do it until I finish this one, so I'll write the last past today (slow day at work :p )

6. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Talon Karrde: Ghost Ship pt. 7

"Quick, which way back to the Nexu?" Karrde asked, looking at all the pipes and tunnels leading into and out of the room.

"I think we went the opposite way when we turned down this tunnel ..." Windy said, as the sweat began to pour from her forehead.

"Then lets try this one," Karrde pointed towards a shaft directly under the one they had exited from. "Hurry, go!" he whispered as he motioned the other four into it. Solan led the way with Karrde taking rear-guard once again.

When they were 5 meters in, Karrde turned around and fired his blaster at the ceiling and sides of the tunnel, causing them to cave in and block the way through. "Wish I'd have thought of that before ..." Karrde muttered to himself.

"What are you doing?!" Anselm yelled, "What if we can't get out at this end, or it turns out to be a dead end?"

"Then we'll be dead, too, now get moving!" Karrde yelled back. He was suddenly hit by a wall of heat, and realized that the creatures must be directly above him in the other tunnel.

"Karrde, get up here!" Solan yelled from the front of the line. "We need your blaster, we left ours in the equipment room."

Karrde crawled past the others until he got to the front of the line. When he did, he saw Solan looking up, and realized that they were under the floor in the main corridor leading back to the Nexu. Karrde quickly fired at the two hinges on his left, and then he and Solan bent the metal grate down.

Karrde poked his head out and looked around, but the creatures were nowhere to be seen.

"C'mon, hurry," he urged the others as he pulled himself all the way out. He helped Solan and Windy out, then Hoffner and Anselm. By the time Anselm was out, the others had made their way back to the hatch which led into the Nexu.

Hoffner quickly pressed the button to open the airlock, but nothing happened. He pressed it again and again, but still the hatch remained closed.

"Why won't it open?" Anselm wailed.

"Stefen! Stefen! Open up!" Hoffner yelled as he banged on the hatch. "Let us in, quickly!" As he pounded the hatch, Hoffner realized he was sweating again, and not from the effort of hitting the door. "Oh no," he whispered, "not again."

Karrde looked back but didn't see any creatures coming out of the hole he made in the floor. He quickly turned back the other way as he heard the pressure seals on the hatch hiss and saw the door slide open.

Anselm pushed the others out of his way as he rushed through the open door... And ran right into another one of the creatures. He didn't even have time to scream before the skin and muscle and fat melted right off of his bones, and then his bones themselves melted into nothingness.

"RUN!" Karrde yelled as he turned and headed back the other way. He leapt over the hole in the floor, and down the hall. He looked back to see Hoffner following, with Windy and Solan taking up the rear. Just as Solan, the last in line, leapt over the open grate, another one of the creatures leapt up and grabbed her out of mid-air.

Karrde turned and fled, trying to ignore the woman's screams. He rounded a corner, but tripped over something lying there. It was Hoffner's blaster, which he must have dropped when the sedated him. Hoffner and Windy collided with him and they all went down in a heap.

"We have to get to the Busty Lady," Karrde said as they untangled. "It should be down this way, because it was a little aft than where we docked the Nexu."

A few more meters down the corridor he noticed another side passage and quickly turned down it. Luckily, it was the right one. He skidded to a hault in from of the hatch leading into Anselm's ship. Crossing his fingers, he pressed the release button.

The door quietly slip open. No monsters came out. Letting out the breath he had been holding, Karrde quickly moved inside. Hoffner and Windy followed, closing the hatch behind them. Karrde moved to the bridge and started flipping switches, powering up th

7. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Bump!

C'mon, someone must be interested in seeing how this story ended :p

BTW, I've pulled the whole story together here without interruptions (and with spellchecker :p )

8. joy_noel

joy_noel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2002
    I enjoyed this story a lot. I hope you write more Talon fics in the future. :)

9. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999

I'm actually working on an Exar Kun fic here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.