main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Talon Squad-Chapter 2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, Oct 19, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Hmmm...the entire reason behind my resignation from Talon Squad was because I couldn't keep up with theforce.net squadron and this one...now that theforce.net squad has died, I would like to be reassigned as an intelligence officer/hacker...is that possible? Thanks...I'll be writing soon...

[This message has been edited by Trika_Kenobi (edited 02-19-2000).]

2. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    <<Umm, sure. Whenever you feel you can come in, Kenobi.>>

3. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    I know this contradicts earlier posts, but I think this explains my leave better...
    -------------------
    Trika woke up in the medical bay. It was like she had been in a dream world for the past year. She felt groggy, and worst of all, she had no idea where she was...
    A sudden lurch told her she was on a ship, but any idiot could have told her that. But there was something strange about that jerk...
    We just got out of a tractor beam...but why would we be caught in a tractor beam? Trika worked out the equation and finally concluded that she was still delusional. Another series of jerks showed that whoever was up there needed piloting lessons...
    The squad could be in trouble, Trika.
    Those same voices! They drove her mad!
    Trika decided to go check the cockpit, just to make sure...what could it hurt anyway?

4. Mekial

Mekial Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 1999
    Hey, Talon Leader, I didn't get the crest, would you mind sending it to me again?

5. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    <<Sure, I'll send you all three, then, Mekial as soon as my stupid e-mail is repaired.>>

6. Darth Agent Mulder

Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2000
    Darth Agent "Spooky" Mulder was at the controls of the Hawk. Though not exactly talented with Republic technology, he would manage.

Mulder heard footsteps coming towards the cockpit. He had taken care of the rebels on board.

I didn't get them all.

Mulder growled as he stood up. He was ready to kill any more rebels he came into contact with. This one was no exception.

What if there are more? How am I going to get out of here?"

An idea popped into his head as he reached for the door, ready to show the rebel scum who he was once and for all.

7. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Both Kevin Ski and Ty-gon Jinn felt they had to turn back- to go to the Hawk.
    "So what was that back there?" the general asked.
    "You don't know the whole story," Ty-gon replied. "Before I joined the New Republic Navy, I returned to my home planet of Blonus for a year- my parents had both been kidnapped. It turns out that they had missed someone- the 12-year old brother I didn't know I had."
    "Go on..."
    "Well, I went to buy some Eani meat- he didn't have any food in the house- and when I got back, I saw a group of Black Fire mercenaries taking Obi-wan."
    "Obi-wan?" Ski asked. "Like Obi-wan Kenobi?"
    "Named after my great-uncle's padawan himself. But the leader of that mercenary group- he was young, had to be around my age- pure evil- I heard his name from a stormtrooper- that stormtrooper was shot when the leader heard him give away his real name- his name was Re'deis Scri'ne- We now know him as Darth Agent "Spooky" Mulder, Dark Lord of the Sith."
    The two Heartilly Davidsons screeched to a halt right as Jinn finished, only to see the Hawk taking off.
    "Oh, my Force," Ski said.
    The two lept off the speeder bikes and ran for the Eagle.
    "Trika, Jaren, and Telia are on that ship!" Ski yelled.
    Jinn got on his commlink. "Kit, Stone! Get down here! We're taking off! The rest of youu keep storming the bridge!" He turned to General Ski. "We can track the Hawk from the Eagle, right?"

[This message has been edited by Ty-gon Jinn (edited 02-21-2000).]

8. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    "No, we can't. But we can from this." General Kevin Ski showed Ty-gon his modified comlink.

"Good. What is it?"

"A comglomeration of devices. See this button right here? It is link to a slave circuit on the Hawk."

"You don't mean-"

"Yes. I now have control of the Hawk and our little friend al-"

"Stop right there." Someone said from behind them.

General Kevin Ski turned to see Jane Jinn standing with an deep purple lightsaber in her hand.

9. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Ty-gon's saber ignited quickly, and engaged Jane in battle.
    They traded a few blows, and Ty-gon severed Jane through the middle.
    Gee whiz- Jane Jinn had now died three times-how was she doing this?

10. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    I'm supposing Trika's a logical thinker here. Plus, I needed a hostage.
    Darth Agent Mulder carefully touched the datapad on the wall and, in a second's time, almost ripped the metal door off. He raised his only remaining blaster and aimed it at Trika Kenobi's head.
    "Turn around, rebel," Mulder sneered. Trika did so. "Where are the escape pods on this piece of junk?"
    Trika hesitated for a moment, and Mulder could feel his patience wearing thin. He jammed the blaster into her neck. "I know rebel scum better than you think. There's more than a thousand ways to trace a New Republic cruiser. Where are they?"
    Mulder, through the Force, could feel the turmoil within her mind. He would surely kill them all if she decided not to say. Either risk the lives of all her friends by not telling, or risk telling him and letting him loose, without knowing if he planted anything here, or had any other plans.
    "They're beneath our maintenance supply area," she blurted out, weighing the consequences in her mind. Trika knew that she was definately making the right decision.
    "Good," Mulder said. "You're coming with me."

[This message has been edited by Darth Agent Mulder (edited 02-20-2000).]

11. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    "What?!" Trika couldn't help but be caught by surprise. She had thought it through logically, considered all the possibilities, and now...
    "Get going," the mysterious figure shoved her forward. Whoever this guy was, she was eager for the rest of the squadron, especially the Jedi, to tear him apart. Who did he think he was anyway?
    As if to answer her question, the other spoke up. "Your friends have been taken care of."
    Trika swore she heard the echo from the large gulp she just tried to suppress. She passed the small cell with Jaren and Telia inside. They were both unconscious on the floor. She froze.
    "All right, rebel," she heard the blaster charge. "Get moving."
    Trika was pained to see her friends hurt, but she was even more fearful of what would happen to them if she said no.
    ------------------
    How's that for "logical thinking", Mulder?

12. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    <<Jane Jinn is a versatile character. What else can I tell ya? Hey, my e-mail is working so I will get those pic's out soon.
    Post, people. Post! >>

13. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    Very impressive.

14. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    Darth Agent Mulder pulled out several objects, affixing one of them to the Hawk.

"What are you doing?" Trika Kenobi asked.

The Dark Lord of the Sith pushed a button on the gray panel. "Making sure your friends don't follow us."

Mulder shoved Trika into the escape pod and knocked her out with his blaster. The last thing I need is a squirming rebel on my hands.

He grabbed his comlink. "4-5. You ready?"

"We are ready to retrieve you, my Lord. We need your intended position," the reply came back from the Technological Terror.

"Somewhere around Vector 5, point 73. Don't be a moment late, the rebels have 3 minutes to save their ship, and I want to be far away from here when it blows."

"Yes, my Lord."

15. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    Never mind. Move along, move along.

[This message has been edited by Darth Agent Mulder (edited 02-21-2000).]

16. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    Check out the new thread, please.

17. DarelRex

DarelRex Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2000
    I have a problem... When I try to compile my movie (about 8 or 9 minutes total), it always stops processing at 7:40. It has nothing to do with the scene content, because I can rearrange the scenes and it still stops at 7:40. I even tried compiling about half of the movie, then the other half, then putting them together in a new timeline--no luck; still stops processing at 7:40. And changing the image size doesn't help either. I also tried turning virtual memory on and off, increase/decreasing it, and adjusting the amount of memory available to Premiere. Nothing changes--still stops at 7:40. I don't think its a file size issue, since the file is only about 80.4 to 80.6 meg when it quits, and if I shrink the output resolution, then its about 54 meg when it quits--again, at 7:40.

(BTW when I say it quits, I mean that Premiere's 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 countdown mousecursor is still going, but the progress meter doesn't move. I can stop it with Command-Period, and then I find that the output file plays 7 minutes and 40 seconds exactly, every time.)

It would be great if somebody has heard of this problem before and knows what to do about it. Please advise.

Technical info:
    Premiere 5.1, QT 4 Pro, Sorenson basic compressor, "recompress always" off, keyframes at edits, sound IMA 4:1, source material 480x204, 300Mhz Blue G3 with 192M physical RAM, OS 8.x.

Thanks,
    Darel
    <smokin@pdq.net>

18. DarelRex

Mar 2, 2000
    Solved it -- I was interleaving the sound per 1 frame. Turns out Premiere barfs after a certain number of interleaves; maybe about 11,000. So I interleaved every 1/2 second, and now it's working fine!

19. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Cool, so when do we get to see it???

20. DarelRex

Mar 2, 2000
    Heh-heh... submitting it to TFN Theater today. Hopefully, Azeem and the other masters will like it!

...What is the Jedi Virus?...

21. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
  22. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    The last thread of the last page. It shall live!

23. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.