main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Talon Squad-Chapter 2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, Oct 19, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    Kevin looked across the table at Kaiba. She was eating like she hadn?t in ages. She looked up, and smiled sheepishly. He smiled back. He was once like that.

She swallowed and then wiped her hands. "You said you were a Jedi Knight. Why didn?t you tell us?"

"I didn?t want to be singled out. I never really became a full Jedi, anyway. I just trained enough to enhance my awareness on the world. That lightsaber your carrying is my mother?s."

"Your mother. You don?t mean-"

He nodded. "Yes, she was a Jedi. Jedi Lis Ski. She was the best mother anyone could have known. Of course, her being a Jedi did have it?s downfalls. She could always tell if I was lying or not."

Kaiba laughed. "I bet she was. Is she alive?"

"Alive and well, and unfortunately, she can still tell when I'm lying. Well, it was a great meal, but I'm full."

"You're you done?"

"Yes, I?ve been done for quite a awhile. Let?s get started shall we? The special X-wing trainer is in the hangar. Republic techs delivered it half an hour ago."

Kaiba hurried up and ate, as she and General Ski got up to leave, she noticed he was acting like he felt better. "How are you feeling?" she asked.

"Better, but there is always room for improvement. Two-onebee says that after one more hour long bacta treatment, I should be back to normal."

They got up and walked to the hangar in silence. Kevin, untrained in mind reading, was puzzled by Kaiba?s walking. She seemed nervous. They approached the training X-wing. It was a standard X-wing except the cockpit was longer and more elongated. She grabbed a helmet, and jumped in the forward seat. He carefully climbed in the back. Stumpy was already in the astromech socket.

"Stumpy, you in?" General Kevin Ski looked over his shoulder despite the pain from his neck and shoulders. He got several beeps and whistles. "Good. Okay, Kaiba, what I want you to do is to turn on the engines. The little lever to your left." With a slight whine and whirring from fuel pumps, the four engines rose up to power. The sound was music to Kevin?s ears. "Next, switch on the repulsor coils, and move altimeter to a height of 3 meters. Then carefully move the stick so the craft moves towards the exit."

"Yes, sir." With a slight bump, the X-wing rose and edged its way towards the hangar bay opening.

"Okay, next put the engines into full power and turn of your coils." The X-wing full forward, slamming Kevin and Kaiba into their seats. "Maybe that was a little too fast, Lieutenant."

Kaiba laughed, and Kevin realized that it had been a joke. The X-wing soared above Coruscant. A transmission from the comm crackled in. "Palace One Control has you on our screens. Please identify yourself and your vector."

"Lieutenant, I?ll handle this." Kevin switched his comm to transmit. "Palace One, this is Talon Lead. Our vector is 23.9 at rate of 300 m/s. This is a training flight, Palace One."

The comm crackled once again. "Roger that, Talon Lead. We?re terribly sorry General. Have a nice flight."

"Thanks, Palace One. Talon Lead, out."

Kaiba spoke up. "What was that about, sir?" He could tell that there was a tinge of the nervousness he had felt earlier in her.

"Coruscant is on yellow alert due to the uprise of the Black Fire Mercenaries."

"Oh. What should I do now?"

"How about trying some fancy flying? Try some rolling. Push the stick to left."

The X-wing started flying outrageous maneuvers, as Kevin taught Kaiba how to fly. He showed her all of his moves, including his famous ?Hammer Head? move, guaranteed to shake any bandit off of your tail.

After a few hours, Kaiba was becoming quite good. Her nervousness dissappeared, and what was left behind was a skilled pilot. She was now flying in and out of buildings and dodging stray hovercars. They even had a Republic Patrol Car chase them for a while, but they eventually lost it. A few hours later, Kaiba pulled out of the transport traffic and aimed for home. The sun started to set as the X-wing cruised along. And Kevin fell asleep due to the peacefullness of t

2. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Telia sighed as she went into an empty cabin. She, like the rest of the squad, was tired beyond words. If only they could fix their hyperdrive and get out of the asteroids. Something was just not right about the situation, something she could not place her finger on.

"Something bothering you?" Someone interupted her thoughts. Luckly, she didn't mind who it was.

"You mean, besides the fact we are sitting here almost defensless in an asteriod bed, being chased by a bunch of Dark Jedi, plus, we're without hyperdrive?"

Jaren smiled. "Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of, "When are Jaren and I going to have some time alone without being interupted?" sort of problem.

Telia moved over on the couch to let Jaren sit next to her. "Now that you mention it." She gave him a wink. "Actually-"

Before she could say another word, he pulled her into his strong arms.

She was silent for awhile, just enjoying the moment. She began to continue as he gently started to stroke her brown hair. "I don't know what the problem is. Something here just doesn't seem to fit. I can't believe that Jane Jinn was behind all of our problems, and now, if I'm understanding correctly, there are more of those Dark Jedi out there.

"Their called the Black Fire Mercenaries." He interupted.

"Right, but what do they want from us? And poor Kithera is walking around dead on her feet. Half of us, including you and me, still aren't a hundred percent healed from those bomb injuries. It just feels that we're slowly coming apart at the seams. Plus-"

Jaren interupted her again, still in their embrace, he brought her face up to his for a gentle, loving, kiss. "Don't worry about that right now. We're here together, and we'll find someway out of here, we always do."

She kissed him back, thanking him without words. All she wanted to do was to remain in his arms. But that luxury didn't last for long.

Kitheras' tired voice came over the comm.
    "All Talons, that includes you two lovebirds back there, report up to the cockpit. Looks like we have some help heading this way."

"Looks like this will have to continue some other time." Jaren commented, and pulled her to her feet. "What did I tell you, we always find a way out of these situations. It's what we do best."

3. Darth Agent Mulder

Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2000
    Mulder watched his chief hacker break codes like a bad habit. This guy was good. He'd probably be staying around for awhile.

"My Lord, we've picked up a New Republic craft that appears to be the same one that just entered hyperspace. They made a short jump, but it cannot be certain whether or not it is the rebel squadron."

"Excellent," Mulder said. "Prepare for hyperspace, Captain. We've got a date with the rebels."

4. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Before the ship had made the jump to lightspeed, Jane Jinn had managed to land her TIE fighter on it, securing the tiny craft with magnetic cables to keep it from being blown away. Everything was quiet now, and she sealed the helmet of her protective suit, and opened the hatch, stepping out into the cold of space. She'd tried to land as close to the most remote access hatch of the Hawk as she could, but it was still a little walk across the surface of the ship. Ducking a tiny asteroid, she bent down and pressed the button.

Once inside the Hawk, Jane Jinn removed her helmet, then reached for her blaster. If she remembered correctly, she was on the starboard side, in an antechamber close to the engine room. Well, that's where she would head first, just to placate her new superior.

Darth Mulder! She snorted at the name. How in the name of the First Sith had he ever ended up in charge of her! She'd been doing fine until he'd come along, quietly gathering information in her own way, but now it was all "You're not a Lone Gunman, Jinn, you've got to cooperate with me!" and "I want to believe, Jinn, I really want to believe that you have ability, but until I see some better results..." Results! She'd give him results!

Opening the door, she stepped out into the corridor. She'd show him so many smoking carcasses that his head would spin. Better yet, she thought, she'd make him into a smoking carcass as well! Grab Ty-Gon's light saber and carve a big X in his chest with it. X marks the spot where his heart is not, she told herself with a grin.

But first, the rebels.

[This message has been edited by Jane Jinn (edited 02-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Jane Jinn (edited 02-16-2000).]

5. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    LOL~you all have this thing down with the X-Files. "X Marks the Spot" is the name of the first episode, in the novel, at least.
    And now to wait for the rebels.

[This message has been edited by Darth Agent Mulder (edited 02-16-2000).]

6. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Captain Kit spoke too soon, Jaren Kai thought as he stepped into the cockpit. Her last message had said that they had help on the way, but from the looks on the faces of the other Talon members, she had been mistaken. The growing image on the sensors was that of the great wedge shape of an incoming Star Destroyer; the same ship that had chased them to this asteroid in the first place. And it was headed straight for them.

"Ken," Kit said into her commlink. "How much time unil the hyperdrive is fixed?"

"Ummm, about ten minutes. Why?" came the reply from the engine room.

"Finish the repairs on the fly," Kit said, dropping into the co-pilot's seat. Ty-gonn took the pilot's chair and the two began powering up the engines.

Jaren and Telia began to head back to the gun wells when a familiar figure stepped into their path.

"Stop right there, you two," Jane Jinn said gesturing with a blaster. "Move over there."

7. Nomi Jade

Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    <<I won't be posting until Monday night, so don't be surprised if I don't- I'm going on vacation from Thurs-Mon>>

Kaiba woke up to a beautiful sun. She looked around her quarters, waking up her eyes. She remebered the flying lessons Commander Ski had givin her yesterday- she turned out to be pretty good, actually. Of course, she hadn't forgotten about her nervousness.

She got up and dressed in a simple green tunic and black pants, brushed her hair, and headed toward the hangar- maybe she'd find Kevin there. She walked along the corridors of the base looking for him, and when she saw got to the hangar, there he was.

"Feeling good this morning, Commander?" she said cheerfully.
    "Much better- I spent some time in the bacta this morning. How'd you sleep?"
    "Good, and I wanted to talk to you about something."
    "Go ahead."
    They sat down on a ramp leading up to the X-Wing she had flown the day before. She looked straight at him- very seroiusly.
    "You are a Jedi Knight, and I'm the only one that knows in this squad, right?"
    He shook his head.
    "Well, I wanted to say," she gazed off," I have Jedi potential, and was training, before I met you. One day, when our squad is at peace, I'll go back and finish my traning. Then, I will come back here. Before I left, my Master said that it would only take one more month, and I won't leave until we have confronted Jane Jinn."
    He then said to her," Thank you for telling me, Kaiba- I appreciate it."
    They exchanged smiles and headed to the room where she would continue her training.

8. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    <<Ok, here's the scoop. I sent out several e-mails to Talon members with the new Talon Crest attached. If you don't have your e-mail listed, I didn't send it to you. If you want to recieve a copy of the crest, please e-mail with your request. As for the Talon Crest, I took Nomi Jade's basic idea and changed it a little. If you want to change it or have a new idea for the crest, please e-mail me.

One more thing, thanks everybody for posting. If you know of any new people that would like to serve as characters, or if you have any new ideas for characters, please say so. So in the words of Luguna: Post, people. Post!
    Thanks again.>>

[This message has been edited by Talon Squad Leader (edited 02-16-2000).]

9. Nomi Jade

Jan 2, 2000
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=227849&a=1689071&p=16521013">

10. Nomi Jade

Jan 2, 2000
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=227849&a=1689071&p=16521013.bmp">

11. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    As for your emblem that I can't see, long live the Lords of the Sith.
    The Vertical Edge came out of hyperspace with a groan, the weight and bulk of the massive SSD taking a pull on the short trip. Sitting there, defensless and helpless, was the rebel's pitiful excuse for a craft, let alone something to fight with.

"Where do you want power sir?"

Mulder looked down at the Twi'lik Captain Des'Tan. "Boost our shields, Captain and give as much power to weaponry as possible."

The officer looked astonished. "Sir, they're injured and aren't going to be able to fire upon-"

"It's that kind of thinking that loses battles," Mulder thought. "And wars. Being prepared was paramount. Where did I get such a lousy crew?"

"-and plus, Jinn is on that transport, sir. Why would we want to fire upon-"

"It matters not who's on that ship, Captain!" Mulder flexed a couple of fingers and clenched them, initiating a Force-choke on the weak-minded fool.

Des'Tan struggled with the invisible grip, trying desperately to pry the merciless fingers of death off his neck. Another second and the officer collapsed to the floor.

A few of the officers had already begun the cleanup. "Lieutenant, you're in charge now."

The younger officer saluted crisply. "Yes, my Lord."

"Get your gunnery ready. Fire only on my command. We'll give Jinn her time."

[This message has been edited by Darth Agent Mulder (edited 02-16-2000).]

12. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    Kaiba and Kevin headed towards the blaster firing range. He was leading a little when he came up with what seemed like a good idea. "Since I?m feeling better, let?s have a race to the firing range."

"Good, I?m game."

"Okay, on my mark, get set go!" They both ran down the hall to towards the firing range. He led the race for a while, but Kaiba began to catch up after a few minutes. He started to run out of breath. He looked away for one second, to make sure his boots were tied, and when he looked up, Kaiba was way ahead of him. At least three meters ahead of him. He smiled. She laughed and pushed herself harder. She disappeared around a corner. Kevin started to pick up his pace a little when he heard the emergency signal from his comlink. The small device was one of a kind, having transmitters and recievers, and even special tracking devices installed in it. Kevin had crafted the treasure in his spare time, slowly adding more and more functions to it. It was his lifeline. Without it, Talon Squad would probably never succeed in it?s missions.

He stopped for a beat and picked it up off of his utility belt. He adjusted the scanner as he determined the bands of waves being received by the tiny reciever. A message was encoded into the transmission. The small device began to slowly decipher the code. It was a message from his Squad. They were currently on their mission in search of Jane Jinn. He stopped and looked up. Kaiba was running back to him. She must have read my thoughts. She knows something is wrong. He looked down at his comlink as it deciphered Talon Squad?s current position. The navicomputer installed into the device showed the coordinates as being in the middle of an asteroid field. That?s odd., he thought. Then he realized the what could have caused the Squad to be situated in the asteroid field. Either they were ambushed or they had the ship break down. Or maybe both. Either way, they were in grave danger.

Kaiba ran up to him, and caught her breath. "What is it?"

"I?m afraid your training has been cut short, Kaiba. We must leave right away, if we are to save our friends."

She looked at him and nodded. He put his comlink away as they ran down hall and towards the hangar and the Eagle.

13. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Lieutenant Mara Jade sat in a small, dark supply closet, blaster in one hand, miniature computer in the other. So far, no one had found her here, and if she were very, very careful, no one would.

Absently, she tucked a strand of her wavy, gold streaked brown hair behind her ear. She sensed that General Ski and Lieutenant Kaiba were on their way, but they had no way of knowing what they were walking into...

She had to warn them what to expect.

Mara tapped a code into her handheld computer and waited nervously, blue-green eyes darting between the tiny screen and the door. She'd locked it, of course, but a good blaster shot would destroy it completely. Well, duh. It's not like they put blastdoors on supply closets...

The little computer beeped, and Lieutenant Jade quickly looked down. Great; it had patched her through to the general's specially modified commlink. Now she could give him some details in addition to what the Squad had managed to send prior...

Realizing that she couldn't type with a blaster in one hand, Mara reluctantly holstered her weapon. With shaking hands, she typed out a detailed description of the group's situation, then encoded and sent it.

Sighing, Mara sank to the floor of the small space. She hated hiding in the cramped, cold space, knowing that any second Jane Jinn would figure out that someone was missing... and that there was a huge and very hostile SSD with all its guns trained on the crippled ship.

Closing her eyes, Mara stretched out with the Force across vast space to General Ski. Hurry, she pleaded mentally. We need you here...

She wasn't sure if the unspoken message got to him or not, because the next moment she heard someone just outside the door...

14. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    "Everybody kneel down with your hands on your heads. No, don't turn around. I want to see your faces when you die. I want to see your faces when your friends die."

That peculiarly distinct voice. Jane Jinn! Mara Jade felt the skin crawl on the back of her neck as she realised that Jane was going to execute the crew, one by one! Slipping the blaster out of her holster, she stood up, taking care to keep silent. She'd have one chance to save them by coming out of the closet--now!

The door slid open and she emerged, instantly firing upon the only person standing in the hall. Jane Jinn went down instantly in a crumpled heap, her blaster clattering to the floor. Mara Jade stood staring down at her, wary of a trap. Had it really been so easy? Was the traitor really dead? She nudged the body with her boot, but there was no response. Jane Jinn was no longer alive.

Mara Jade looked at the row of her friends, all still kneeling with their hands on their heads, all watching the spectacle with their mouths open, then looked back at the body. Somehow, she'd expected Jane to disappear in a poof of black smoke, or a legion of Sith spirits to appear and carry her away to the Sith underworld.

"Well,"she finally said,"let's get this body to the garbage disposal."

15. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    Darth Agent "Spooky" Mulder felt a flicker in the Force. Small, but notheless just a flicker. Something was wrong with Jane Jinn. She might not even be alive.

He chuckled. "What a pity."

"Sir, all systems are online," Admiral Castri venturned, knowing that if the Dark Lord was meditating, he wouldn't want to be disturbed. It was impossible to tell what he was doing under his black hooded robe, and he had the dakest, sinister eyes to match.

"Good," Mulder said to the Admiral's appearant surprise. "Send out all TIEs. Begin firing upon the rebels now."

16. Laguna

Laguna Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2000
    Quis and Kendrick struggled from under the hyperdrive to look down the coridor.

"Blaster fire?" She asked.

"That's what it sounded like."

They sat for a moment in the darkened engine room unsure of what to do. The other Talons had been called for an emergency meeting in the cockpit. Hustling footsteps drew their attention, and the pair trained their unholstered blasters on the doorway. They were relieved to see Mekial poke apprehensively around the corner.

"You guys alright?" came the question.

"Yeah. What's going on up there?" asked Kendrick.

"Jane Jinn somehow got on board," Mekial replied.

"What?!"

"Oh no, it's not bad. Mara took her down with a blaster!" Mekial spoke quickly in response to Kendrick's alarm. "Kit sent me down to check on you guys. She says we need that hyperdrive up and running ASAP. That SSD is lurking out there but the asteroids are jamming our sensors and we're partially blind."

Kendrick nodded and slid back under the hyperdrive. He and Quis doubled their already extreme effort to fix the machine. They worked well together, like a well oiled machine - smooth and perfectly in tune with one another.

"I think we're done," he said.

"You think so? Will it work?"

"Hey, I made a promise didn't I?"

He stood up and wiped the grease from his hands. "They'll probably need us back up there to lend a hand." He pulled out his comm link and spoke hastily into it. "The hyperdrive should be in working order. You have the Quinn Seal of Approval."

"Thank you, Captain," came Ty-Gon's reply from the cockpit.

Ken turned back to Quis and reached out for her hand, pulling to her feet.

"Thanks," she said.

At that moment a rogue asteroid slammed hard into the Hawk, rocking it violently. Kendrick fell back against the wall of the engine room. Quis feel neatly into his arms and he grasped her around the middle to prevent her fall.

As the ship stablised Kendrick relaxed his grip, however Quis simply looked up at him, remaining in his arms.

"Thanks again," she said with a smile.

"Ummm, it was nothing," he said sheepishly. "My pleasure."

They stared at each other for another moment before Quis pulled herself to her feet, regaining her composure.

"Like you said," Quis spoke in a suddenly business-like fashion that slightly disturbed Kendrick. "We'd better get up there and lend a hand." She straightened her wrinkled uniform without looking at him.

"After you," he said, motioning to the door and following her through.

[This message has been edited by Laguna (edited 02-18-2000).]

17. Laguna

Laguna Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2000
    <<<9AM over there, huh? Well have a good day everyone - it's bed time down here in Australia. The lonely hour of midnight. See you tomorrow and remember, post people, post! (I think it was Kit that made that comment first, TSLeader)>>>

[This message has been edited by Laguna (edited 02-17-2000).]

18. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    General Kevin Ski sat in the cockpit of the YT-2000, theEagle, and sighed. Kaiba was in the back cooking up something that smelled delicious. That had left Coruscant in the early morning, bringing along only what they needed the most: weapons, tracking devices, food, the R2 unit Stumpy, a very reluctant H9, and an X-wing on the Eagle's bottom hull racks. They had a total of 5 hours left to travel in the ship. The Eagle was fast, but he still worried they would not get there in time. He hoped that the Squad was okay. He worried and worried...

19. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Hey Laguna you a aussie too????? Coool!!

Kit' sighed Jane Jinn was dead she could finally get some sleep, she dragged herself down the corridor and pushed open the infirmary door, she couldn't really be bothered finding her own room, most likely it would be the first place someone would look if they wanted to disturb her. Kit tugged off both her boots, she couldn't be bothered finding something else to wear. She put her head on the pillow and immeadiatly dropped off to sleep.

20. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    I killed her.

Lieutenant Mara Jade felt slightly dazed as she stared at her blaster. The same blaster which, minutes earlier, she had used to kill Jane Jinn...

With a shudder, Mara remembered the body hitting the ground. She felt slightly queasy. Mara was young, still in her teens; unlike the more experienced members of the squad, she was unaccustomed to death, especially causing it.

Shake it off, Mara! As long as you're in the squadron, this won't be the last time you have to wield that blaster.

Still feeling a little sick to her stomach, the hacker made her way to her bunk. She would be of little use right now. Thanks to Quis and Kendrick, the hyperdrive appeared to be in working order, and it was time to get away before that SSD reduced them to cosmic debris. Mara's computer skills were not required for such a task, so now would be a good time to rest.

A thought occured to her; General Ski and Lieutenant Kaiba were coming! Someone ought to inform them what had happened.

The lieutenant quickly pulled out her miniature computer and prepared to send a message to the Eagle.

21. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Ty-gon Jinn got Q's message. "Jane Jinn is dead?"
    "Mara shot her," Q's reply came over the commlink. "I don't know how she got on board, but she's gone now!"

Ty-gon thought back over the events of the last few hours. Jane Jinn had caused him horrible pain, and now she was dead. Now he had to take on that Sith Lord- the "Spooky Agent" Darth Mulder. He would have to take a small team. There were a few he would choose.
    Hmmm.... Mekial, Stone, Captain Kithera, Mara Jade... if they could go. Jaren wouldn't go anywhere without Telia, and they needed one to stay and work on the Hawk. His team would have to go without a sniper.

He was beginning to fell a little faint. He could feel the controls slipping from his hands. He grabbed the comm. "Quis! Could you come here? I need you to grab the ship!"
    He fainted.

22. RogueLead11

RogueLead11 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 19, 1999
    Kendrick and Quis were heading from the engine room to the cockpit when the comlink on the latter's belt crackled. Ty-gonn's voice came through, sounding faint and strained.

"Quis, could you come here? I need you to grab the ship!"

"All right, I'll be right there." Quis paused for a moment, listening, then frowned and glanced at Ken worriedly. "No answer."

He pulled his own comlink. "Ty-gonn? You read?"

The link was dead.

They finished the rest of their journey at a sprint. They rushed into the cockpit to find Ty-gonn lying on the floor near the pilot's chair. He had fainted.

Quis knelt beside him, examined the unconscious Jedi carefully. Ken stood nearby, fidgeting, feeling useless. "He'll be all right," she finally said. He helped her carry Ty-gonn into the passenger cabin, strapped him securely into one of the seats. They returned to the cockpit just in time to hear several alarms wail to life. Ty-gonn must have activated some of the Hawk's systems while they'd been working on the hyperdrive.

"TIEs incoming!" Quis announced, pointing at the sensors.

A number of red blips had materialized on the screen. The distance between them and the Hawk was steadily closing. It would be a mere matter of minutes before the Imps were upon them.

Kendrick practically threw himself into the pilot's chair. "That's the signal for us to take our leave." He turned around to look for Quis, but she was already settling herself - with considerably more grace - into the co-pilot's seat. As he keyed for an activation sequence for the rest of the ship, he appraised her with a glance. She seemed more self-assured now. Good. Luckily for all of them, Quis seemed to work well under pressure.

Despite the urgent situation, when he tried to turn his attention back to the console, he found his eyes refused to move. Although he thought that new development strange, Ken didn't mind horribly much. There were certainly worse things he could be stuck looking at than the young woman occupying in the other seat.

At that moment, Quis' head came up and she caught him staring. Ken, feeling his face grow hot, was finally able to wrench his gaze away to busy himself with the controls. "ETA?" he asked.

"Four minutes," she reported crisply. "Six, at the very most."

Ken was already flicking switches. "We're going to my mynock bait if we don't get this hunk of junk moving real fast." He hit the com, tuned it to a ship-wide frequency. "Everyone buckle up - we're going to be in for a rough ride. Take the gun turrets. Someone's sent a squad of TIEs out to play."

Quis shifted uneasily in her seat, motioned at the sensors again. Ken glanced at her as he turned off the com. "What is it?"

She pointed. He glanced at the radar, froze mid-motion as he was turning away, then took a better look. On the screen, a rather large red blip had appeared just inside the boundaries of their scanners. He hadn't noticed it before. But it was big. Very big.

A star destroyer.

Kendrick felt his mouth go dry. He put on his game-face, shrugged as if the observation meant nothing. "Well, let's hope the Quinn Seal of Approval is all it's cracked up to be," he said, forcing a laugh. He patted the Hawk's console. "Don't worry, she'll hold together." His hands danced across the controls. Quis started up the repulsor lifts. She didn't see Kendrick roll his eyes up toward the heavens as the carrier's bulkheads creaked and groaned around them.

"Hear me baby," he muttered, looking critically about the cockpit. "Hold together."

23. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    The Eagle burst our of hyperspace just in time to see a flight of TIE's fly by. Kevin looked over at Kaiba in the co-pilot's seat. "What the heck was that all about?"

She shrugged. "I better man the top turret." She ran off. He looked after her. She was losing all of her nervousness. She was now a real Talon.

"Good. Stumpy?" He heard several beeps over the ship's comm. "Hook up to the main computer. Try and decipher some of this radio interference."

Kevin rotated the ship towards the asteroid field. He gasped. A large Star Destroyer loomed in the distance. What the heck was going on?

24. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Oops. Double post.

[This message has been edited by Ty-gon Jinn (edited 02-17-2000).]

25. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Ty-gon began to regain conciousness. Quis and Kendrick had managed to get the controls. Thank goodness. Except- he recognized the Star Destroyed becoming more immenent in the viewport: The Vertical Edge.
    Suddenly, a siren went off. He knew what that meant, too.
    While he was out, they had been caught in the Vertical Edge's tractor beam.
    Stone came in. "Ty-gon, you're awake!"
    "we're going to approach Mulder's ship soon," the Jedi said. "Get Mekial, Mara, and Kit. You come, too. Just give me a minute. I'll be right there. Oh, and inform General Ski. See if either he or Kaiba wants to come along. I can feel some Force sensitivity there."
    "Yes, sir." Stone left.
    "Thanks, Stone. Do you have this under control?"
    "No problem," Kendrick said. "You okay?"
    "No problem here either. Thanks for catching that. Good luck with the tractor beam."
    -----

Okay- I hate to sound critical, but I noticed some of you were doing this while others aren't. Ty-gon is spelled with only one "n".

[This message has been edited by Ty-gon Jinn (edited 02-17-2000).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.