Talon Squad - Chapter 3 The Saga Continues

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, Feb 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laguna Jedi Youngling

star 1
    "Stupid old machinery. This place is falling apart at the seams."

Quis Heartilly struggled with the Holo-table in the war room. The blasted contraption had failed to work in the last several weeks and Quis had set aside some time to bring the disorderly thing back into line.

Thus far she had been unsuccessful.

She stood up, her black hair falling across her grease-smeared face. The machine could wait a while. Quis needed a break.

Stowing the hydro spanner in her pocket, Quis kicked the table in frustration before heading out of the war room for some coffee. As she reached to shut off the light switch, the console on the wall blinked to life, the screen ablaze with some unwelcome words.

INCOMING HIGH-PRIORITY MESSAGE FROM
    HIGH COMMAND:

CODE RED

*EXTREME URGENCY*

Quis approached the console, trying unsuccessfully to open the file. It required a higer ranking officer's access password. The General was off base, and Quis had not a hope of finding the hacker Mara Jade.

Blast!

Wrenching the access pannel from under the console, Quis slid underneath to see about bypassing the security system. It took some doing, but her technological know-how meant that before too long the message appeared on screen.

The message was regarding an extremely urgent situation - even more urgent than Quis could have imagined.

Mulder and his cronies had kidnapped Leia Organa.

There was another transmission, a cryptic message with some encrypted co-ordinates. Quis payed it no attention.

The girl bolted from the room. Talon Squad were in big trouble.
  2. Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling

star 2
    "Finally," Mulder breathed out a held breath. It took the rebels long enough to answer his message. It was about time.
    The visual showed Quis Heartilly, as shown on Mulder's spy papers. She took one look at him and decided to run.
    "Great," Mulder mumbled. "Commander, prepare to leave a set transmission for the rebels to find when they return."
    "What would you like to say, my Lord?"
    Mulder thought for a moment and replied. "Let them know that we have Leia Organa Solo and unless we receive the location of every rebel base and Coruscant is not surrendered to the Empire, she will be terminated, and Coruscant will be destroyed. Understood?"
    "Yes, my Lord. The transmission is set."
    At that moment, Leia was brought in by a group of stormtroopers.
    "Darth Agent Mulder," she hissed the name as if it were acid on her skin, "I guess your Empire has nothing better to do than waste their time. No one will ever give you any locations. Coruscant will never surrender."
    Mulder managed a small laugh. "In that case, then, you and your Republic will be annihilated. Take her to the interrogation chambers."

[This message has been edited by Darth Agent Mulder (edited 03-08-2000).]
  3. Trika_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    Trika Kenobi arrived on Yavin 4 to a group of curious Force-users. It had been quite a while since she'd been here last. Then she recognized him...
    Luke Skywalker...
    She hopped out of her X-Wing and walked over to him. "Master," Trika said.
    "How are you, Trika?"
    She shrugged. "With Darth Mulder around, there hasn't been much sleep around the squadron."
    "Primarily the reason you left," Luke guessed.
    They started to walk toward the Temple. "Exactly...I didn't think myself strong enough to resist the temptation of the Dark Side. There were too many at the Academy that I could tell were falling. I didn't want to be a part of it."
    "You made the right decision," Luke agreed with her. "Are you back for the rest of your training?"
    She smiled. "Yes, and I won't be leaving this time. Once I finish, I'll be returning to Talon Squadron."
    "Fair enough. Why don't we sit and talk before starting anything..."
  4. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    Jaren and Kevin walked along the durracrete path leading to the cantina. With Coruscant being so large, it was easy to find a fairly local cantina.

Both walked in at the same time, Jaren with is blaster slung low on his belt and Kevin with his lightsaber clicking against his side. Kevin led Jaren to a booth and both sat down. A service droid strolled up and asked for their orders. Kevin ordered something off the wall, carefully choosing it's spicy ingredients so as it wouldn't be too toxic. Jaren ordered Correllian Brandy.

As they were waiting in silence, Kevin pointed towards the door and gestured towards Jaren. "I'm glad we didn't go with them."

"Who? he asked.

"Our future wives."

"Oh yeah," Jaren smiled, "I bet we would have been bored out of our minds. I would have ready to kill myself by the end of the day."

"Yeah, it was definitely advantageous to take a day off."

They talked some more. Their drinks came and they drank them slowly.

Jaren was about to make a comment about cantina's atmosphere when Kevin abruptly stopped him.

"I feel a disturbance in the Force."

"What?" Jaren asked, fully aware now.

"Something is about to happen."

Just as Kevin made that comment, two men dressed in normal street gear strode into the cantina and began to fire their blasters.

Jaren and Kevin took cover behind their booth. Jaren started to return fire.

"We're in trouble!" Jaren shouted over the deafening sound of the laserfight. Kevin could only nod.
  5. Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan

star 4
    " Ah, this one's lovely," Kaiba said pointing to a silky, flowing gown. " I like the-" she stopped and gulped.

A- disturbance.

She closed her eyes, reached out with the Force. Someone she knew- was in trouble.

Her and Telia's fiancees were in trouble!

" Telia," she began , " We got trouble."
    " What is it?" she asked holding a veil.
    " It's our future husbands," Kaiba finished solomnly.
    " Is it the Force?"
    " Yes." Kaiba reached out again. He was hiding behind a booth, so she could contact him.

My love! Whats going on?

Kaiba, is it you?

Yes

We are being attacked! Stay where you are, I don't want you hurt, nor do I want Telia hurt.

Okay, but if I sense trouble, I'm coming. I love you.

I love you.

" They're being attacked, Telia- I didn't get who, but he wants us to stay. If there's any trouble, I'm going." Kaiba finished and Telia was already out the door. Kaiba hurried after her.

" We'll be back! I love the gowns!" Kaiba yelled at the dress designer.

Well, here we go.
  6. Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Caution: More really cheesy X-Files puns ahead.

"I need a report now, Pfaster! Make it quick!"
    "My Lord, the transmission is coming through right now."
    After a flicker of static and a burst of power, a holo appeared.
    "Conundrum, what do you have for me?"
    "We've surrounded the catina. The two you want dead are in there, but we can't get a clear shot because of the-"
    Mulder lost his temper. "I don't care what's in your way! Everything else is put on hold, do you understand me?!"
    The Conundrum and his two sidekicks, Dr. Blockhead and Jim-Jim the Dog-Faced Boy nodded in nervous agreement. "Yes, my Lord. They will be taken care of immediately." The transmission ended.
    "What a bunch of humbug!" Mulder slammed his fist on the holo projector, seding it in a crumpled mess to the floor. Whoever made projectors didn't intend them for Sith Lords.
    The Dark Lord of the Sith looked out into the vastness of space. "To kill one is good. To kill both is divine. We'll see how well Talon Intelligence Squadron functions without their commander. He had better be dead, or else someone's going to pay!" Mulder slammed his fist down again on the already destroyed holo machine. He started to laugh a deep, dark laugh, such as a maniac would. "I'll kill them all even if it kills me first!"
  7. Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Mara Jade sighted along the barrel of her blaster, taking careful aim for the center of the target. She narrowed her eyes and sucked in her breath, then pulled the trigger.

Her shot hit just below the center. A slight smile played at the edges of the hacker's lips. She might not be particularily adept or talented at shooting, but she was by no means a bad shot.

The smile faded slowly, and Mara sighed. Target practice was a pretty good distraction, but it didn't take her mind off her problems- or the squadron's.

What the hell is wrong with you, Jade? You make it seem like the world's coming undone or something...

Mara sighed again. In the last hour or so, she'd managed to pretty much stop thinking about Kevin, but it hurt like nothing she'd ever experienced to lose him. It made the lingering effects from the injuries she'd sustained in battle seem totally insubstantial.

She wondered briefly if she'd ever truly get over it, then abruptly turned her thoughts away from such a depressing, not to mention self-centered topic.

The hacker aimed at the target again and was just preparing to shoot when she was assaulted by several simultaneous warnings from her danger sense. She lost her aim, the shot missing the target wildly. She didn't even notice; she'd focused in on the urgent proddings of the Force her mind was receiving.

Amid the confusion, one thing jumped out at her: General Ski was in trouble.

The hacker swore under her breath, using several Corellian phrases she reserved for special occasions. Doesn't this squadron ever find itself a quiet moment?

Holstering her blaster, Mara set off to find any squadmates that might happen to be in the general vicinity. She didn't want to rush into this blindly, but she was worried. Maybe one of the others would have some sort of idea of what to do.

She sure hoped so.
  8. Idiots Array Jedi Knight

star 5
    Jaren laid down a heavy barrage of cover-fire, hitting any targets that stayed exposed long enough for him to get a good aim. Next to him Kevin used his lightsaber to deflect any shots that got too close to the two Talons. Their attackers, however, had the advantage of numbers and were slowly closing in.

Smoke filled the small cantina and scarlet lances of enerby filled the air like angry insects.

"Kaiba and Telia are on their way, but they won't be here in time. We have to get out of here," Kevin shouted over the roar of blaster fire.

Jaren ducked back behind the booth they were using for cover and slipped a new powerpack into his blaster pistol. "They probably have the place surrounded," he said. "We'll have to go down a couple of levels."

"Ok," Kevin began. "Cover me. I'll cut us a way out with my lightsaber."

Jaren raised his blaster and fired quickly into the smoke while Kevin began to cut into the floor of the cantina. When he had finished, the General signaled Jaren and dropped throught the hole.

Jaren fired several more shots to discourage persuit, grabbed the small box that contained Telia's ring, and dropped through after Kevin.
  9. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Quis almost ran head on into Kithera, the blonde mechanic was crying softly as she walked.
    'Hey." Quis said "What's the matter?"
    "Nothing," Kithera tried to smile but it only made her cry harder. "I just have to leave that's all. I can't take what's happening to the squad. I have to get out on my own. I'm..I'm so sorry Quis."
    Quis leaned forward to give the mechanic a hug. "Can you help us just once more? Anyway you've got to come to the weddings. Or you'll have two Jedi and two snipers after you." she made a scary face and managed to get Kit' to smile properly.
    "what do you mean one last time?" Kithera asked as she jogged with Quis down the hall.
    "They've captured Leia. We've been ordered to rescue her." Quis explained
    "Right, then one last time and then I go." Kithera smiled. "Well, what are we waiting for?"

There you go guys, I'm leaving eventually....I have way to much on. Like trying to finish my proper fic and stuff. I will call back in to see how everything is. So ti's up to you. I can go tearfully or you can kill me off.

Kithera
  10. Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling

star 2
    <<Can I kill you off, Kit?>>

The Conundrum, Jim-Jim, and Dr. Blockhead all entered the catina, only to find that they had escaped.
    They all were visibly shaking. The Conundrum spoke up.
    "I will apologize to Lord Mulder." He set the holo projector on one of the tables that hadn't been destroyed and turned it on. Darth Agent Mulder appeared. "What is it, Conundrum?"
    The Conundrum gulped. "They have escaped, my Lord. I am sorry for-"
    Mulder intense rage only intensified through the powers of the Dark Side. A simple Force-choke and Conundrum was dead.
    "Apology accepted. Dr. Blockhead, you're in charge now."
    "Yes, my Lord."
    "No more failures. Someone will be coming to look for them, I can sense it. Make sure you kill them when they do."
    "Yes, my Lord."

[This message has been edited by Darth Agent Mulder (edited 03-09-2000).]
  11. Trika_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    Over, under, around, through, and...
    a stinging sensation...
    "Ouch!" Trika yelled out involuntarily as the final blow came down on her. She was dead. Not literally, but Master Luke had beaten her fair and square.
    "What did you learn today?"
    Trika tried to look on the bright side. "Training sabers come in real handy when you're sparring with a Jedi Master?"
    Luke laughed. "Not quite, Trika."
    "Uh, ok, never spar with a Jedi Master?"
    "Try again," Luke looked amused, but not thrilled.
    "Ok, ok, never leave your weak side open to attack," Luke nodded. "...especially sparring with a Jedi Master," she added quickly.
    Luke started to laugh. "If that sense of humor doesn't end up offending someone and you get killed for it, you'll turn out to be a great Jedi Knight."
  12. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    <<I'm sorry to see you go, Kit'. Now I need to find a new second-in-command. >>
  13. RogueLead11 Jedi Master

star 2
    Ken was walking back from the showers, dressed in a fresh tunic and toweling off his damp hair he saw Mara come running up the corridor toward him. There was a blaster in her hand and she looked worried. ?General Ski and Jaren are in trouble!? she shouted as soon as she got within hearing range.

He frowned, stopping to let her catch up. ?How do you know??

?Call it a hunch.?

Kendrick had been around enough Force-sensitive people to trust their ?hunches.? ?Hold on,? he said. ?I?ll be right back.?

He retreated down the hall to the squad barracks. When he came running back a few moments later, he carried a thin, leather case under his arm. Ken slung the strap of the A280 Sharpshooter over one shoulder, pushing a few extra power-packs into his pockets. He smiled grimly at Mara. ?Okay, ready.?

She led the way out onto the street. There was an all-purpose utility speeder waiting out at the curb ? the Talons kept it there for emergencies. Ken jumped into the driver?s seat, kicking open the passenger?s side for Mara. ?Come on, get in. We don?t have much time.?
  14. Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling

star 2
    <<Can I, can I? Please! I wanna kill her! Oo! Oo! Me! Pick me!>>

"Has Organa Solo been interrogated?" Darth Agent Mulder asked his Commander, Donnie Pfaster.
    "She has, my Lord."
    "And...?"
    Pfaster flipped a couple of pages in his notes. "She revealed the location of the bases on Tunguska and Terma."
    "On her own will?"
    "No, my lord. She wasn't in a stable state of mind."
    Mulder shook his head. "Whatever works, I suppose. Set course for those planets."
  15. Mekial Jedi Master

star 1
  16. Mekial Jedi Master

star 1
  17. Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ty-gon Jinn woke up. He had been in a med bay for the last several days after being shot by Scynof- the injury was not as bad as some others', but with the stress of what may have been Obi-wan's death, and fighting with Mulder, and everything going on in the Force, he had been laid a quite a while.
    Obi-wan now stood by Ty-gon's bed, and said, "Hey, bro."
    "Obi-wan," Ty-gon said. "How are you?"
    "I'm great," Obi-wan replied. "I signed on to Talon Squad as a hacker."
    "That's great," Ty-gon said.
    "There's a bad thing, though," Obi-wan added. "Mekial's dead."
    "WHAT?"
    "Mulder stabbed her."
    Ty-gon sunk back in to his pillow. Mekial? Dead?
    He had known her for years. It couldn't be.
    No, it wasn't true. She was alive- he could feel it with the Force. There were other feelings, too.
    Stone? A lightsaber? What was that? And there was another thing.
    "On a positive note," Obi-wan tried to strike up a happier conversation, "Kevin and Kaiba are getting married.
    "Oh, great," Ty-gon said. "I'm going to have to build another ship."
    Wait. That's what was wrong. Jaren and General Ski were in danger.
    "Jaren! Kevin!" Ty-gon shouted, seeing what was going on.
    "Ty-gon," Obi-wan said, "calm down, Mekial's the one who's dead. Too bad, too. She was kind of cute."
    "She's not dead," Ty-gon said, "I can feel it. She's alive."
  18. Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    TSL-
    I love the crest.
    Obi-wan Jinn is a new character I meant to have on the TIS roster, so I'm just letting you know. He's a hacker.
    Congratulations on the wedding.
    You think it's time to start Chapter 4? This is larger the Chapter 2 was.
  19. Laguna Jedi Youngling

star 1
    <<<Rebel base on Tunguska. ROFLMAO, Mulder, you're an absolute classic. >>>
  20. Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling

star 2
    <<Thank you for your kind words. I love to make up little puns about the X-Files. I think my next commander/SSD/pun will be Piper Maru, Gregor, or maybe even Gerry Schnauze. I'm trying to think of a way to blend the Cigarette Smoking Man into the picture.>>

Mulder stood, for the ten or thirteen(Get it? Ha ha.) time in the past few weeks, at the bridge of his newly chrisened SSD Piper Maru. Everything was running smoothly. There had been no run-ins with New Republic officials, and there had been no problems with Organa Solo once she had been beaten a couple of times. This was one of the best plans Mulder had created.
    "Are we in the Tunguska system?"
    "Exiting hyperspace in five, sir," Pfaster alerted him.
    The SSD came into the system with destructive force, haulting before the blue-green planet. Swirls of black mixed in with the clouds, showing the remnants of pollution left in the air.
    "It's like a cancer...black cancer(Get it?)," Mulder observed. "Destroy the planet immediately."
    "It's as well as done, my Lord."
    The planet of Tunguska never even saw it coming.
    Tunguska was TERMAnated. (get it? LOL~I crack myself up!)
  21. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    Check out new thread at Chapter 4 The Exiting series continues!.
  22. Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Kaiba and Telia arrived outside of smoke-filled cantina in what seemed like a nano second. Wouldn't you if your fiancee was in danger? They rushed in, Telia's blaster firing at enemies and Kaiba's lightsaber deflecting blaster bolts and cutting down troops. They wiped out quite a few soldiers. Kaiba found refuge in a corner both way in the back of the building, and reached out with the Force to find Kevin and Jaren were- then she looked across the cantina and saw a small hole in the room.

Thats where they are!

She got Telia, ran to the hole, climbed down, and searched the tunnel for her squadmates. She closed her eyes and let the Force guide her.

" Jaren? General Ski?" she heard Telia whisper.

" Over here!" they both called. The two ran to them and gave them quick hugs.

" Are you alright?" Kaiba asked.

" We're fine- but we're still trying to find a way out of here." replied Kevin. Just then, they heard a noise behind them........
  23. Darth Milarc Jedi Master

star 4
    Why are you waiting so long 'till you put this trailer online?! I can't wait! I'm losing sleep here! At least give us another snapshot to look at!

Darth Milarc.
  24. tony the jedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    who exactly are you talking to?
  25. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    My assumption is Duality since he says another snapshot

Azeem
    TFN FanFilms

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.