main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Talon Squad- Chapter 5 Is there any hope for us now?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Talon Squad Leader, Dec 20, 1998.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSL

TSL Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2000
    Just trying out my new alias.

2. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    I had to...I just had to...
    Trika Kenobi gave up on waiting for the answer in the General's office.
    She walked back to her room and popped in her favorite movie, sitting back and relaxing by herself with a bowl of popcorn, her popcorn, not Bullwinkle's.
    The movie started, the beginning credits scrolled, and the first few lines of dialogue were spoken.
    "How do you think this trade viceroy will deal with the Chancellor's demands?" Trika matched the words exactly. She had seen this at least twenty-five times, rewinding and playing back the better parts several more. She sat there, smiling. The Phantom Menace had finally come out on video.

3. Darth Agent Mulder

Darth Agent Mulder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2000
    Darth Agent Mulder stood at the bridge of his latest Super Star Destroyer Sixth Extinction. The others, Darth Greywolfe and the Ladies Carre and Reyanna were still on board Greywolfe's ship.
    There were no more Scynofs to order around. After Scynof (y times 200,000) died, there was no trace left of the once glorious team Mulder had assembled.
    Scully and Shelly Draven were gone.
    Donnie Pfaster, Alex Krycek, Gerry Schnauze, Jim-Jim the Dog-Face Boy, the Conundrum, Dr. Blockhead: all gone.
    All the more reason to crush the rebels.
    "Captain? Are you aware of our current status on Terma?"
    Captain Jeremiah Smith looked on the clutter of computers. "Imperial forces are on standby, my Lord."
    Jeremiah Smith was his top officer. Any more mishaps and Mulder would go mentally insane trying to find another Commander.
    "Excellent," Mulder nodded. "Destroy Terma just as Tunguska was annihilated. After the destruction, order them to join up with the Sixth Extinction. This will teach other planets such as themselves not to hesitate in joining the Empire."

4. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    LeiaB-
    I just edited so we wouldn't have a consistency quibble- so did you!

Obi-wan and Mara got back from dinner. They had gone for Neimoidian food.
    "That was really good," Mara remarked.
    "Yeah, it was. Thanks for going with me."
    "No problem," Mara said. "It was fun! Next time you need a dinner companion, give me a call."
    They stopped. "Oh, no," Obi-wan said, seeing Cobra working on the speeders. "Blasters? We'll be shooting at each other?"

Ty-gon still looked at the computer. There had been nothing on it- General Ski was humoring them. Would he ever tell them?
    He went back to his quarters.
    He picked up his lightsaber- he hadn't even touched it since the fight with Mulder.
    He began cleaning it, as it was covered in carbon scoring. He touched the button.
    It ignited, the bright emerald blade springing from the handle with a hiss.
    Jinn looked at the photo of Talon Squad at the wedding. General Ski looked so happy.
    Really, he hadn't seen the General smile since the fight with Mulder.
    Lost in his thoughts, he dropped his saber.
    It landed in a metal trash can.
    Jinn snapped out of it, and deactivated the laser sword, dropping it into the can.
    He got up, and went off to talk to the General Ski.
    As the door hissed shut, the saber hissed as well, as the blade sprang to life, as the button was pushed by the fact that it was still rolling in the can. A piece of metal melted, and the hot liquid dripped to the floor. A flame appeared on the freshly varnished hardwood floor, and headed toward the carpet in the hall.

Darth Greywolfe stood on the bridge of the Coyote, watching his other ships go by.
    He walked down below into his private hangar.
    There was his Sith Infiltrator, the Jackal.
    He tapped his commlink. "Lady Carre?"
    "Lord Greywolfe," came the reply.
    "The shuttle Lynerium should take you and Reyanna back to the Dark Star."
    "Thank you, but we have our own shuttle," she replied.
    Greywolfe saw one approach. He chuckled. "Then I will see you soon, Sondara. May the Force be with you."
    As the Dark Star shuttle left, Greywolfe's shuttle returned to the main hangar.
    All the TIE fighters, bombers, defenders, and interceptors returned to the Super Star Destroyers.
    All the droid fighters and stormtrooper transports returned to the Star Destroyers.
    All the shuttles returned to the Victory Star Destroyers.
    The Advanced TIEs, a form perfected by Darth Vader, moved around the fleet. The big ships moved in close together.
    The Jackal dropped out of the fleet, and Greywolfe watched as his entire fleet jumped to hyperspace.
    Now he headed toward Mulder's ship, the Sixth Extinction.

Obi-wan Jinn walked down the hall to his quarters.
    As he walked, he heard a dull roar, accompanied by loud crackling. He looked, and saw a bright orange glow. "Oh my goodness. RUN!" he yelled to Mara.
    He ran down the hall after her, and pulled the fire alarm.
    The roof in Jinn's room and most of the quarters collapsed, trapping Obi-wan's leg. Mara ran forward to help him.

Ty-gon heard the crash, and ran out of the general's office. He heard the alarm, he saw the flames.
    He ran back in.
    "General Ski! The building's on fire!"

Cobra looked up, hearing a roar and an alarm. Flames were licking at the bottom of the hull. He dove before it reached the fuel cell.

The fireball was visible from space.

[This message has been edited by Ty-gon Jinn (edited 04-06-2000).]

5. LeiaB

LeiaB Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 1999
    <wow...major editing job I need to do. Looks like we posted at the same time>

CiCi hurried to complete her duties before she departed on her first mission. The Generals voice came over the intercom, "20 minutes to mission briefing...all Talons report to their stations."

After doing her final check on the weapons and packs, CiCi went by her room to collect her gear. Her thoughts went back to Mara...
    It had been ten years since she had seen her, when they were just girls, begining their training together. They grew up together at Sector V Squadron...CiCi suddenly felt faint. She droped down on her bed and laid her head back. Tears started to form in the corners of her eyes, but she fought them back. She was too old for this.
    No, she would not let this happen...get control of your emotions CiCi.

She had let go of her parents long ago. She had only been 11 when they were killed by the Empire - but it was all suddenly coming back to her. It had been a woman...that was all she knew...and in one brief, terrifying moment...her parents were gone.

CiCi sat up and shock her head to try and bring her focus back to the mission at hand. She grabbed her pack, put her lucky blue crystal around her neck, and headed out the door. Suddenly alarms began to blare - the sound was deafening. She ran out and saw Mara and Ty-Gon running towards a room at the end of the corridor. Flames where leaping out into the hallway.

"Quick - help us!" Ty-Gon shouted.

CiCi grabbed an extinguisher from her room and ran towards the burning cabin. Ty-Gon and Mara where inside the buring room...Ty-Gon was straining, lifting pieces of metal and sheetrock off of Obi-Wan...Mara was there, holding onto Obi-Wans shoulders, pulling him from the flames. Ty-Gons cape caught fire and CiCi quicky sprayed it with the white powder.

"Hurry Up...we don't have much time!" CiCi yelled as she made an attempt to keep the flames under control.

Reyanna walked back and took one of the lightsabers from the collection..."With your permission Greywolfe?" Reyanna smiled in his direction.

"of course, Reyanna...we are allies now." Greywolf walked over and placed one of the stolen weapons in her hand. "Got plans on using that on someone in particular?"

"Ty-Gon Jinn...just a worthless rebel scum...I am going to teach him a lesson he won't soon forget." Reyanna spat out. "We must set a trap for these rebels that they cannot slip out of."

With that Carre and Reyanna departed on a shuttle back to Dark Star Squadron...they had plans to discuss. They watched the grand fleet slip off into hyperspace.

[This message has been edited by LeiaB (edited 04-06-2000).]

6. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>He started to move to the refreshment tables when he encountered a young Cadet. The Cadet came running into the hangar and stopped for a pause, clearly out of breath. He regained his posture and moved towards the General.

"General Kevin Ski?"

"Yes, what is it Cadet?"

"It's about Jane Jinn, sir. She's escaped."

The whole squad stopped what they were doing. Due to shock of the Cadet's news, part of Sergeant Bullwinkle's half-eaten pastry dropped out of his mouth and landed with a thump on the hangar floor. They Cadet eyed the piece longily as Bullwinkle tried to swallow his bite. Finally the Cadet said, "You gonna eat that?"

Darth Greywolfe watched it again and again. He had been Talon Squad's Errand Boy. He never even got on the roster.
    Yet the transfer to TF.N Squadron had never been signed by Ski.
    That was when his master approached him, and revealed to him the true glory of the Empire.

7. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Mara had always liked open flame. However, it lost a lot of its appeal when it was burning all around her in a blistering inferno, destroying the place she called home...

Obi-wan was finally free of the rock pileup that had trapped him. CiCi was doing the best she could to fight the spread of the flames, but it was in vain. There was no stopping this fire right now, and the smartest time to evacuate had already passed.

"Let's get out of here!" she shouted above the roar of the flames.

Mara and her comrades made a break for the door. As she left the burning room, Mara reflected that the peaceful evening of catching up on old times with CiCi had run into a bit of a change of plans...

8. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    The Phantom Menance. The popcorn. The warm bed.
    The smell of something burning.
    Must be Bullwinkle. All of his food smells like that...
    The alarms.
    What the-
    Orange, bright red flames licked the walls ouitside of the hall. Right next to her door.
    Trika grabbed her lightsaber, quickly hooking it to her belt and searching for some kind of way out. The door was obviously blocked.
    The window.
    Trika ran and opened the window, looking down at a pretty good fall. "Holy Sith monkeys," she whispered, but realizing the little time she had, she jumped, using the Force to overcome the distance. She landed softly on the grass.
    The other squadmembers were there, watching the flames eat at the Nest. Trika flipped around and, with mouth dropped to the floor, screamed, "My Phantom Menace tape!"

9. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    LeiaB-
    You would use my own lightsaber against me? It's reminiscent of Mulder having Carre kidnap Mara.
    It's prime evil.
    Nice touch!

10. General Kevin Ski

General Kevin Ski Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2000
    Kevin was donning his flight gear as he watched the flames of a fire slowly work their way into the hangar...and the danger soon dawned on him. The training mission: scrubbed. The base: being destroyed. His wife: in danger.

He took off his helmet and ran as fast as he could towards the fire and impending death.

11. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Most of Talon Squad made it outside, their prize possesions with them.
    Trika had regained her TPM tape.
    Mekial had her poster.
    Stone had his family lightsaber.
    Even Stumpy and H9 made it out safely.
    All the vehicles, including the snowspeeders and speeder bikes rocketed out of the hangar, all untouched except for the Hawk, being carried by the Eagle, which had a charred spot where the fuel cell used to be.
    They all found all of their possessions, except Jinn's lightsaber, which was burnt beyond recovery.
    But one of their numbers was missing.
    "He's not here!" Kaiba screamed. "Kevin!"
    Obi-wan looked up from treating his leg, not quite broken and not too seriously, burnt, and ran back into the inferno after General Ski.
    "Are you nuts?" Stone yelled after him.
    "I have to save the General!" Jinn yelled back.
    Ty-gon now looked at the saber in his hands- recovered from his quarters, though not the one that started the blaze. Obi-wan Kenobi had given it back to his family after Qui-gon's death and his fight with Darth Maul. It was his great-uncle's saber, still in excellent condition.
    Suddenly, a Sith speeder came down out of the sky, Reyanna its rider, wielding a red lightsaber.
    Ty-gon parried the blow she delivered, and the speeder came down in the midst of the other Talons, causing utter confusion.
    Jinn lept to an upper level platform, near a shuttle. Reyanna followed, leaving the other Talons behind.
    Block. Parry. Dodge. Spin. Ty-gon was pushed back into the shuttle. Reyanna got him in, then closed the door. It was then that Jinn saw the ysalamiri all around him. Reyanna turned to the shuttle pilot. "Take us to the Dark Star Fleet."
    "Yes, Lady Reyanna."

Obi-wan held his sleeve over his face to keep from breathing the smoke. Another explosions rocked the outside. He returned to the lounge, where Kaiba had been sleeping before the blaze broke out.
    There was General Ski, collapsed on the couch. "Leiutenant Jinn?" He coughed. "Get out of here! I have to find my wife!"
    "She's outside, and you'll die if you stay in here too much longer. Everything was saved!"
    He picked the General up, and supported him. Ski began to walk with him. They walked with a limp, as Kevin's supporter had a nearly broken leg, but they made it back to the hangar.
    Just as they were almost out, another portion of ceiling collapsed, blocking their escape.

12. Nomi Jade

Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    Kaiba watched as the building went up in flames.

She felt a tremor in the Force.

She ran up to the burning building, a few feet away from the flames.

Boom! she felt.

She looked around for Obi-Wan and her husband- but they were nowhere in sight. She lookeda round- and saw a window. She used the Force to jump up and climb through it- the metal floor was not on fire, but the flames were close. She looked aound- no one.

Kaiba ran through the door, trying to avoid the flames and avoid getting trapped by them. The floor was covered in ashes, her face with tears.

This is suicide, Kaiba! But- you have to save your husband and Obi-Wan! Hurry!

She let the Force direct her- then saw a place where the wall had collapsed, and felt their prescence. The flame was getting closer...

She jumped up, and tried to lift the debris out of the way. In a few moments, she saw Obi-Wan's head emerge from the pile- Kevin leaning on his shoulder. She put her hand out to help them, lifting them out with all her strength.

The flames came closer...

They ran out, getting little scorches on their skin and clothes. They hurried out the window and tumbled into the grass.

" Kaiba!" Kevin managed to say. " You could've gotten yourself killed!"

" I had to save you and Obi-Wan! I love you!" she cried and fell into his arms. He hugged her back. The squad ran up to them. Obi-Wan, General Ski, and Kaiba limped, supporting each other, over to them.

She let out a sigh of relief. That could've been the end of them.

" Kevin," Kaiba said when they had gotten safely down the hill. " Ty-Gon has been captured by Reyanna."

" We've got to go rescue him, then!"

" But you and Obi-Wan are in no condition!"

" Oh well, then. This is our squadmate we're talking about."

" I know- but we don't even know where to begin with searching for him- except that Reyanna captured him."

" We'll think of something. In the mean time, I want you and Mara to try to get some info from secret Imp files about any new enemies on the next computer we get our hands on."

" Alright." Kaiba kissed her husband and headed for Mara.

13. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    I'd like to post, but considering the forum has gotten hungry again, it may not be possible. Is anyone else having this problem? I can't see anything past Ty-gon's post about the Nest catching on fire.

14. Darth Agent Mulder

Feb 14, 2000
    &lt;&lt;It's OK, everybody! All I needed to do was throw my computer out the window! Your favorite Sith Lord is back!&gt;&gt;
    "My Lord, we have successfully eliminated Terma."
    "Excellent, Jeremiah Smith."
    Smith smiled in spite of himself. "We also have another piece of interesting information, sir."
    Mulder cocked a blue eyebrow. "What's that, Smith?"
    "The Nest has been destroyed."
    Mulder turned to face the Commander. "By whom?" he demanded.
    Smith smiled. "By fire, sir. Accidentally, of course."
    Mulder laughed. "'Talon Intelligence Squadron Forced to Abandon Nest After Fire Destroys Base'," Mulder spread his hands in the air, pretending to read the headlines on Coruscant. "Beautiful! What of Lady Reyanna's plan?"
    Smith tried to hide another smile. "Completed and successful, my Lord."
    "Good. Send a transmission her way. Ask her if she needs any help in killing him." Mulder paused, putting a blue finger to his lips. "On second thought, scratch that. Lady Reyanna won't need any help with her favorite enemy. Ask her, instead, if she'd like any help with the rest of the Talons. Tell her that I'd be more than willing to get them out of the picture for good."

15. LeiaB

May 30, 1999
    Reyanna looked at Ty-Gon in the holding cell and she could not help but laugh. It pleased her to see him suffering. Three ysalamiri had managed to bury themselves deep into his legs and arms...blood covered the floor on which he was laying, moaning in pain.

Reyanna had binded his arms behind his back. He looked pathetic! She thought to herself - his Jedi robe torn and black from the fire, blood soaking the sleves. But Reyanna knew her enemy was powerful and was not going to take any chances. She had been fooled once before, not this time.

"What...do you hope...to accomplish by this Reyanna?" Ty-gon could barely get the words out - the pain was starting to cloud his vision...and Reyanna was becoming more of a blur with each passing second.

"You actually expect me to believe you don't remember me - Ty-Gon Jinn? Ha!...Well, do you remember this?" Reyanna held up the lightsaber...ignited it and brought it close to Ty-Gons face. "You will pay for what you did to me...with your life."

"I don't know what you talking..."

Reyanna did not let him finish the sentence...she turned off the lightsaber..took the handle and hit Ty-gon hard across the face with it. He fell back to the hard floor unconscious. A large cut was beginning to open up on this right cheek...more blood began dripping on the floor.

Reyanna was in a rage...she left the cell well guarded and headed for the bridge.

"Lady Reyanna...it is a message from Lord Mulder, would you like to..." the deck officer did not have time to finish before Reyanna dismissed him and looked into the screen.

"Reyanna...Excellent work." Mulders evil expression was terrifying even on the viewscreen, "I can see the anger building up in you Reyanna - I am pleased with what I see."

"Thank you My Lord. Now it the perfect time to strike the Talons...the base has been destroyed and they are in a state of weakeness and confusion. Lady Carre has her fleet ready. You must contact Greywolfe and met us here immediately." Reyanna managed to get the words out in a submissive manner...even though her entire body, even her eyes, were buring with rage.

"I am on my way as we speak" - Mulder flashed an evil grin and the screen went dark.

[This message has been edited by LeiaB (edited 04-06-2000).]

16. Nomi Jade

Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    " Mara! Look!" Kaiba pointed to a profile on Reyanna- of course it was for her fellow Imps, but Kaiba and Mara had worked to break the code to get this info.

" It wouldn't say where she currently is, though," Mara said in an upset voice. " I'm sure she has boarded a Star Destroyer by now.

" Yes- but we need to find the location. Singer, get over here."

Singer, or R2-Y4, Kaiba's little yellow Astromech, wobbled over.

" Singer, we're trying to get a list of Imperial Star Destroyers. Can you try to break this code?"

Singer whistled "affirmative". She plugged in to the computer and started. A tense Kaiba looked at Mara.

" What if this doesn't work? We'll have to find out where he is the hard way!"

" We'll do it somehow," Mara said. Kaiba smiled at her friend. They heard a whistle.

Bjweep zu fietz wheeeew!

The two leaned over and looked at the screen.

Sixth Extinction
    Executer II
    Darkness

The list of SD's, SSD's, VSD's, and all the variations of Star Destroyers went on and on.

" Can you find out their locations?" Mara asked.

Bzeep Bzop Whew Dwew whee-ew!

A map poped up on the screen with green dots moving slowly around. Those were the Star Destroyers.

" Kevin! Look!" Kaiba yelled excitedly.

" Alright!" he said and put his arms around the two.

One step closer...

17. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    &lt;&lt;*sniff* Not the Nest. &gt;&gt;

Jaren stood with the rest of the squad and watched as the Coruscant Fire Patrol battled the flames leaping from what had once been a New Republic base. No, it had been more than that, he thought. He had lived in many bases, outposts, camps, and the like in his career with the NR, but none of them had really been a home. They had just been a temporary stop during or between missions; a place where he could stash his gear, nothing more.

The Nest had been the first place where he had actually accumulated memories. He had proposed and been married here for the Force's sake. And now it was gone.

The increasing whine of high powered repulsorlifts cought Jaren's attention and he turned toward the direction of the sound. A small speeder was quickly approaching. Ty-gon, as if sensing something, strode to meet the speeder, unhooking his lightsaber as he went.

The rider dismounted in a flying leap and produced a blood-red lightsaber. It was Reyanna. Her saber met Ty-gon's in a crash of energy and a flash of light as she landed almost on top of him. Ty-gon was forced back a step and Reyanna quickly pushed her advantage with a series of slashes aimed to remove Ty-gon's head.

Jaren tried desperately to get a clean shot with his sniper rifle, but Reyanna was wisely keeping Ty-gon between her and the rest of the Talons.

In an attempt to regain the initiative, Ty-gon turned and leapt to a landing platform a dozen meters above his current level. Reyanna followed and quickly had him on the defensive once again. She was slowly forcing him backwards towards a waiting shuttle.

A shuttle. Jaren quickly shifted his aim to the cockpit of the shuttle, trying to disable it or force it to lift off prematurely, but it was no use. His rifle was not strong enough. In a few seconds, Ty-gon was aboard and the ship was lifting for space.

18. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    LeiaB-
    What did I do to Reyanna?
    -----

Ty-gon Jinn stirred. His face was warm, covered in blood. His cheek still had an open wound.
    The ysalamiri were keeping the Force back- keeping the blood from clotting.
    He moved his hand, finding Qui-gon's lightsaber. He thought about the past hour, and a thought struck him.
    He managed to kill an ysalamiri with the saber, enough to absorb a little of the Force again.
    He deactivated it, and put it in front of him. He couldn't stand, so he groaned.
    Reyanna came back in. "Trying to get your saber?" She scoffed. "I would kill you right here and now if my Lords and Lady Carre did not want a hand in it."
    "What did I-" he managed to get out.
    "What did you do? You know. Don't deny it." She kicked him squarely in the nose, crushing the cartelidge and bringing forth even more blood.
    Then, she kicked the saber, and it went flying.
    She whirled around and left.
    Jinn used the Force to ignite the saber. It landed in the fuel cell, the metal casing melting. The hot liquid began dripping into the fuel.
    He always did learn from his mistakes.

19. LeiaB

May 30, 1999
    &lt;&lt;Sorry Ty-Gon, can't let you get away just yet - please go to the EZ board if you want to discuss &gt;&gt;

Lord Mulder and Greywolfe walked on board the Star Destroyer - Reyanna was there to meet him...she bowed before him. "Welcome, My Lord."

"We don't have much time" Greywolfe waved off the pleasantries "Lady Carre, lets discuss the full potential of your star fleet."

Lord Mulder took Reyannas arm as they walked through the corridors to the cell block. "Tell me young Reyanna, you are pleased that you have captured Ty-gon Jinn?"

"Very pleased, My Lord." Reyanna answered with suspiciously.

"Tell me then, why is he your enemy? This runs deeper than the simple fact that he is a worthless rebel." Lord Mulder stopped and Reyanna turned to face him.

She took a deep breath..."Several years back, I was a prisioner of a group of Rebels near Beta Minor, and I was...with child. The Empire sent a group of Imperial troops to rescue us...Ty-gon Jinn tried to stop me...he cut me here with his saber" Reyanna pointed once again to the long scar running the length of her arm, "then he blasted the door to our shuttle. I was injured...and lost my unborn child". Reyanna fists began to clentch and anger once again flashed in her eyes. "I have been waiting a long time to take his life...and get my revenge."

"Ah yes, I had sensed this...but young Reyanna...what if there was another way?" Mulder was tempting her "I have something here that may interest you."

Mulder held up a vile full of a dark red liquid...a drug of some kind. "Mind enhancer...think about it...you could be anyone you want to be for him? An old love maybe...Ty-gon would have no idea it was you..."
    Reyanna mind was racing as Mulder continued..."You could get back what you once lost Reyanna...and Ty-Gon is a powerful Jedi...his offspring, combined with your strong will of the dark side of the force, would be a powerful ally to me and the Empire."

Reyanna took the vile...and stopped in front of the cell...Ty-Gon was there, she could smell the fuel buring at once. Mulder grabbed Ty-Gon from the cell and quickly moved him into the cell down the corridor.

Reyanna took the syringe and plunged it into Ty-Gons neck. He winced, then relaxed and calmly closed his eyes. Lord Mulder locked the cell door behind him as he left Reyanna and Ty-Gon alone.

20. Laguna

Laguna Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2000
    Axen Orlantha pulled back the lever on the console in front of him, the Firespray dropping out of hyperspace. Ahead he saw Mulder's ship and support units hanging in space like bats from a cave ceiling; ready to swoop.

Excellent.

Orlantha opened a communication channel to Mulder's flagship. The reply was brisk, blunt and typically Imperial.

"Identify yourself, Firespray. You have twenty seconds."

There was no sense in lying - Axen had come too far to go back.

"Orlantha. Axen Orlantha. With all due respect, I wish to board and seek a meeting with your master, Lord Mulder."

Axen wasn't surprised by the silence over the channel. All reports throughout the galaxy had indicated Mulder's death, and the Sith Lord's servants wouldn't have been prepared for this kind of occurence.

The silence drew on for two and a half minutes. Axen flew casually, attempting to keep his distance without looking as such. It was better to be safe than sorry in his estimation, especially when dealing with one as dangerous as a once-resurrected Sith.

Axen hoped his boldness would be read as such by the Sith Lord, rather than as an act of aggression.

Another minute passed. Finally the comm came back to life.

"Request accepted, Firespray. Our tractor beam will guide you to a docking bay."

"That won't be necessary I am quite able to..."

"There is no place for discussion, Firespray. Co-operate or be destroyed."

"Understood," Axen bit out as his ship was drawn into the bowels of Mulder's domain.

[This message has been edited by Laguna (edited 04-07-2000).]

21. Laguna

Laguna Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2000
    &lt;&lt;&lt;Sorry to follow straight on guys, but I have to go to work soon and I've gotta get this bit done. Bare with me &gt;&gt;&gt;

The 3PO droid had greeted Axen in the hangar bay along with roughly a dozen stormtroopers. They had marched him in the fashion of a prisoner through the ship to the conference room where he now waited.

So much for a warm welcome...

The room was extravagently decorated with many pieces of what Axen assumed to be priceless works of art adorning the walls. The room lacked something Axen couldn't quite pin down. It seemed very cold and without emotion. Much like it's owner, Axen supposed.

Also without emotion were the two stormtrroper honour guardsmen assigned to stand by the door and watch their guest.

Definately not one for warm welcomes. Or masking suspicion and mistrust for that matter...

And then without warning or fanfare, the Sith Lord entered the room followed by another pair of honour guardsmen, making it feel more icy and unwelcoming than it already did.

Axen stood in a gesture of false respect.

"Orlantha, I presume. Tell me why you are here. I have little time for those who have nothing to do with my affairs."

Axen bowed deeply. "My Lord, I have information I believe that will be of great interrest to you."

Mulder's eyes narrowed, glowing a little more.

"Continue, Mr. Orlantha."

"Certainly, my Lord."

For almost an hour Axen revealed the background of the Project. The mysterious committee, their link with Senator Shinra, and very rough details of what Project-E was.

He played the role of the double crossing yet ill-informed aide very well. He'd spent enough time practicing it over the years spent with Shinra. Axen provided enough information for the Sith Lord to have a basic understanding, but not enough that Axen lost his advantage.

Axen knew how to play this game.

"This is indeed interresting information, Mr. Orlantha. I shall have my people conduct an investigation into the validiity of your information regarding the project under construction in Tiamut. For the moment, I trust you. Do not betray that trust. When the report has been confirmed, I shall contact you, and we may discuss your joining our cause. Make no mistake, I will not tolerate any back handed dealings. You shall discuss these matters with no other parties."

"My Lord, of course." Axen smirked inwardly.

"Your code name shall be 'Skinner'. I will contact you in time. Good day, Mr. Orlantha."

"Yes, my Lord." Axen bowed deeply again, and Mulder stalked out of the room, flanked by his two guardsmen.

Soon after, his personal mission successful, Axen Orlantha was in hyperspace on his way back to Coruscant. It would soon be Talon Squadron's turn to hear some of the story, and he had no doubt they would be most interrested.

Oh yes. Axen knew how to play this game...

[This message has been edited by Laguna (edited 04-07-2000).]

22. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    I can't see anything right now...maybe a post will bring it up...sheesh...I'd hate to do this every single time to get the missing posts...

23. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Kaiba and Mara were screaming something about Star Destroyers, Ty-gon had been captured by Reyanna, and Trika had her Phantom Menace video.
    All was good in Talon Intelligence Squadron. She laughed out loud. Right...
    Trika ran over to the group of her squadmembers, who were circled around a computer.
    Several SSD and Destroyer names popped up, along with their locations. A great cheer sprang from the Talons.
    "OK," Trika jumped up from her seat. "Let's get to it!"

24. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Ty-gon Jinn finally managed to pull himself up from the floor.
    Hs neck still throbbed from the injection. His face, still bloody, was now flushed, strained from being away from the Force for so long.
    Yet he couldn't remember what he was doing there.
    He couldn't remember who this woman was, or why she had perforated him.
    \\Was this what happened to Mekial?\\ No, he remembered the name Mekial. He could still pull names out of the air. Kevin Ski... No, General Kevin Ski, Kaiba Cloudrifter Ski, Jaren and Telia, Kendrick Quinn and Quis Heartilly, Stone, Marl Kahn, he remembered them all, but didn't know what he had to do with any of them.
    He couldn't remember anything.
    No, he remembered the fire. The fire at the Nest. The fire his lightsaber had started.
    He remembered fighting Darth Mulder. He remembered Darth Mulder dying in the explosion of the Scully.
    But that was all.
    Now Darth Mulder turned and left. Did he really remember that one fleeting thing, or did the drug do something to his mind?
    "Wake up, Ty-gon," the woman said. "It's time I told you something."
    An evil grin crossed her face.

Obi-wan Jinn stood by Trika and Mara, looking at the map of SSDs around the planet.
    Suddenly, an explosion registered on the screen.
    A notice blared that communication had been lost with a shuttle.
    A picture came up, showing a shuttle with markings that matched Reyanna's.
    That shuttle had been near the SSD Sixth Extiction.

Ty-gon and Reyanna had barely made it out of the door to the SSD when the shuttle exploded.

Greywolf noticed the huge shaking, the loud explosion sounds.
    His computer blared "Hull Breach."
    A good portion of Mulder's ship had been decimated.
    But the sheilds were still up, and it was in good enough working order to get them to hyperspace.
    Now he moved to the bridge of the SSD, where Mulder was already staring ahead.
    "Thinking about something?"
    Mulder turned. "I was thinking about what to do next for those Rebel scum."
    "As always."
    "Don't tell me you enjoy anything more than killing rebels."
    "Oh, of course not. But I would suggest that first, we eliminate some of the competition- make sure we get pur share of Rebels to kill."
    "Mulder knew exactly what he was talking about. "Invidious and Predator."
    "They must be destroyed, and now," Greywolfe said, thinking of how.
    The stars began to melt into long streaks before them, and the ship seemed to disappear, slipping into hyperspace, heading to where the Dark Star Squadron had assembled under Lady Carre, to where Greywolfe's army had been sent earlier.

25. TSL

TSL Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2000
    I am lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.